Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,803 members, 7,802,566 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations (21915 Views)

13 Things You Need To Know About The Tecno L9plus / Tecno L9plus: Full Review / Tecno L9plus Or Hot 4 Pro???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by paolokonqueror(m): 11:13pm On Jul 27, 2017
I currently use the phone and the battery life makes me literally never worry about not charging it. If it's the battery, I can vouch for that one

RSVP:
Well, I have used the techno L9plus and can still testify that battery performance is very good. don't know
If it can last up to 48hours on HEAVY usage as they claimed but if I were to rate the battery span I did give it 90% out of 100. So you need to tell us if you ever charged ur phone before you started using it.

Yeah, I agreed with ur N0 4 claim as I have noticed the same too.

Most app won't function properly until the phone is rooted so you have to work on that if d one u got isn't a cloned phone though. lipsrsealed
Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by dejiWEST: 11:18pm On Jul 27, 2017
Tbh this makes so much sense and it's very informative! Thumbs up
henrixx:
calm down . do you know what they call target market? Transsion may have chosen Africa according to their pockets with the aim of going globally as they've been doing lately.

go to GSM arena, gadgets.ndtv ND many others and see how people complain of those so called high end phones. here in Nigeria we hype them because they are expensive and have grown globally. I've handled hundreds of smartphones and nothing special about those so called high ends intact many are shit

for the records, Techno infinix have tried for Africans. if we depended on those Samsung ND co....many won't enjoy Wat an Android phone has to offer. overpriced items and poor crappy 2000mah high end phones. ofcos they are not meant for a country like Nigeria where light isn't stable and money hard to get.

this is not to say that Samsung huawei ND co aren't ahead of infinix Techno and Co but rather saying no one holy pass. all should be appreciated. the op's l9plus could be a thing of factory defect which could happen to any other well known brand cos phones are made by humans and error can't be ruled out. but this doesn't call for generalisation that Techno infinix is shit. cos there are many that have used and are using their products that are still happy with it

Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by dejiWEST: 11:19pm On Jul 27, 2017
I think they probably over-hyped the battery but to say the battery is not special is reaching oh

Cunninlinguist:
Lol.I was also fooled by the way they hyped this phone.I got mine for 60k from a Tecno outlet.The battery was not as special as they made it out to be.Had to sell mine at a loss

1 Like

Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by paolokonqueror(m): 11:21pm On Jul 27, 2017
I like this.
I'm one of those still using the L9 and still happy with is thus far.
You really hit the nail on the head

henrixx:
calm down . do you know what they call target market? Transsion may have chosen Africa according to their pockets with the aim of going globally as they've been doing lately.

go to GSM arena, gadgets.ndtv ND many others and see how people complain of those so called high end phones. here in Nigeria we hype them because they are expensive and have grown globally. I've handled hundreds of smartphones and nothing special about those so called high ends intact many are shit

for the records, Techno infinix have tried for Africans. if we depended on those Samsung ND co....many won't enjoy Wat an Android phone has to offer. overpriced items and poor crappy 2000mah high end phones. ofcos they are not meant for a country like Nigeria where light isn't stable and money hard to get.

this is not to say that Samsung huawei ND co aren't ahead of infinix Techno and Co but rather saying no one holy pass. all should be appreciated. the op's l9plus could be a thing of factory defect which could happen to any other well known brand cos phones are made by humans and error can't be ruled out. but this doesn't call for generalisation that Techno infinix is shit. cos there are many that have used and are using their products that are still happy with it

Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by omoalajah(m): 12:55am On Jul 28, 2017
Abi o. He go buy fake phone
CirocBoi:
You done buy clone, why sell a clone to your innocent sister....... Anyway na who know man dey kill man

1 Like

Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by Kondomatic(m): 8:31am On Jul 28, 2017
henrixx:

Everything you said here is true except the emboldened.

1. I won't say that you haven't held hundreds of smart phones because you could be a repairer or a phone dealer but I can tell you categorically that you didn't use them.

2. Whoever says that there is no major difference between the big brands and substandard brands is either ignorant of what the big brands offer or just being dishonest with the truth.

I have held so many brands, and I don't just buy them an use them, I go as far as dismantling them to see the insides.

LEMME HIGHLIGHT THE DIFFERENCES FOR YOU.

JUST FEW OF THEM.

1.Internally, big brands use high quality boards that stand heat while being repaired by a technician.

2. Big brands protect the important chips on the board with a cover. This gives it edge over substandard when it makes contact with water.

2. The display of substandards are white-like and dangerous to your eyes. You won't notice this until you hold two of them at once.

3. Performance wise, high brands perform better and last longer.

4. Os upgrades, Tecno and others use Mediatek chip and do not get many upgrades.

5. Durability.

6. Optimization. High brands optimize their os to flow well on the chip used. This may not make sense to many but if you check, you will notice that an iPhone with 2000mah will record more screen on time than a tecno phone with same screen size and 4000mah battery.

5. Still on optimization. Phone from high brands doesn't reject as many app as phones tecno and co do and you don't experience many app crash.

6. Even though tecno and infinix replacement parts are available in the market, they phone are most times not repairable. Visit any phone repairer and you will notice this.

7. Lagging and hanging is common in substandards.

8. Second hand value bro.

The list is lmitless and I could go on to list so many unique features but not every users needs them.

@Blindangel. Don't say that bloggers are scammers, I was among the first people that got the phone and I said it here severally the phone is over hyped.

The sad thing is that when we try to tell people that truth, they term us xiaomi marketers or tecno haters.

The battery life is impressive but nothing close to what we saw in the adverts.

Call volume isn't bad in mine.

App crashes and some won't install at all.

Charging time is 2:30minutes.

Screen on time is between 7- 9hrs on heavy usage.

4 Likes

Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by Abdstrakt(m): 9:26am On Jul 28, 2017
paolokonqueror:
All I'm saying

Had to be said
Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 28, 2017
BlindAngel:
Hi, i just bought the overhyped tecno L9plus, I bought it yesterday morning directly from tecno office and here is what I observed from it, I bought it 100% because of the battery, neither did i knew that tecno and all other bloggers are all scammers.
1)what tecno and other lying bloggers said about the battery are all big fat lies, tecno claims the battery can last 48hours on heavy usage, I dint even use it heavily I was just setting things up as a new phone, i have not even started browsing with my Facebook lite and operamini and yet i was so shocked the battery capacity is not as tecno claimed, it lasted only 11hours without any slight heavy usage, though screen was on at its most minimum and I also activated the battery saver mode but I expected more base on research I made on blogs.
2)more than 20% of my games that ran on my infinix note2 that I sold to get this phone refused to run, e.g app cloners, fts15, I was also unable to download movies from 02tvseries with administrative browser, unlike my note 2 that I can download all movies with.
3)u can't close apps with the clear all button, because all the apps you have opened will still be running on the background, unlike an infinix phone.
4)i also noticed that when you are answering a call the speaker is not that loud, but the loud speaker is really loud though
5)i also noticed uc browser refused to work on the L9plus, this are some little observations I observed I will keep this thread alive by updating it regularly when I find more problems
Please and please, I repeat please and please, never you let go of any infinix product you are currently using and option for any tecno product, am speaking from experience.
Am selling it to my sister next week, she is interested in buying it.

This is the phone I bought after advice from this forum https://www.nairaland.com/3692781/firefighter-battling-epileptic-power-supply

and I have not regretted it one bit, although I am not a gamer

1 Like

Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by henrixx(m): 1:39pm On Jul 28, 2017
Kondomatic:

1. I won't say that you haven't held hundreds of smart phones because you could be a repairer or a phone dealer but I can tell you categorically that you didn't use them.

2. Whoever says that there is no major difference between the big brands and substandard brands is either ignorant of what the big brands offer or just being dishonest with the truth.

I have held so many brands, and I don't just buy them an use them, I go as far as dismantling them to see the insides.

JUST FEW OF THEM.

1.Internally, big brands use high quality boards that stand heat while being repaired by a technician.

2. Big brands protect the important chips on the board with a cover. This gives it edge over substandard when it makes contact with water.

2. The display of substandards are white-like and dangerous to your eyes. You won't notice this until you hold two of them at once.

4. Os upgrades, Tecno and others use Mediatek chip and do not get many upgrades.

5. Durability.

6. Optimization. High brands optimize their os to flow well on the chip used. This may not make sense to many but if you check, you will notice that an iPhone with 2000mah will record more screen on time than a tecno phone with same screen size and 4000mah battery.

5. Still on optimization. Phone from high brands doesn't reject as many app as phones tecno and co do and you don't experience many app crash.

6. Even though tecno and infinix replacement parts are available in the market, they phone are most times not repairable. Visit any phone repairer and you will notice this.

The list is lmitless and I could go on to list so many unique features but not every users needs them.

@Blindangel. Don't say that bloggers are scammers, I was among the first people that got the phone and I said it here severally the phone is over hyped.

The sad thing is that when we try to tell people that truth, they term us xiaomi marketers or tecno haters.

all you said are right. in my writeup I never said Techno infinix are better than the high ends.... ur comparisons not really needed. but all I'm trying to say is none of them holy pass. all have their issues. I don't use phones for long but I have enough experience on fones. in respect to the part of my write up you bolded. some high ends are shit, some got 2000mah and badly overheat as well as screen flickering and sudden death. these are very common issues with high end phones.

in summary. only a novice will claim Techno beats those high ends. and still only a novice will claim high end phones aren't with their faults or that Techno infinix aren't worth using. Nigerians should appreciate Techno infinix and Co. they've tried for us. cos if we depended on those high end we would have been backward in the smartphone world cos many won't be able to afford or maintain. go to a repairers shop, you'll find that most of the scraps are from the big names. why? cos they are damn expensive to repair. if we didn't have Techno and the likes. the internet won't be this popular now.

4 Likes

Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by missslimzy(f): 1:53pm On Jul 28, 2017
Lmao. See comparison
AhluSunnah:
Mobile phones are like girls, s0me are good and some are bad. . both infinix and tecno have lots of complaints. .
Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by datyorubaboy: 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2017
Everyone should just go what they can afford. The problem is when u start to compare iphone 7 to camon CX. Not mate.
henrixx:
all you said are right. in my writeup I never said Techno infinix are better than the high ends.... ur comparisons not really needed. but all I'm trying to say is none of them holy pass. all have their issues. I don't use phones for long but I have enough experience on fones. in respect to the part of my write up you bolded. some high ends are shit, some got 2000mah and badly overheat as well as screen flickering and sudden death. these are very common issues with high end phones.

in summary. only a novice will claim Techno beats those high ends. and still only a novice will claim high end phones aren't with their faults or that Techno infinix aren't worth using. Nigerians should appreciate Techno infinix and Co. they've tried for us. cos if we depended on those high end we would have been backward in the smartphone world cos many won't be able to afford or maintain. go to a repairers shop, you'll find that most of the scraps are from the big names. why? cos they are damn expensive to repair. if we didn't have Techno and the likes. the internet won't be this popular now.
Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by henrixx(m): 2:35pm On Jul 28, 2017
datyorubaboy:
Everyone should just go what they can afford. The problem is when u start to compare iphone 7 to camon CX. Not mate.
lol..
.haba my guy. where you dey talk go
Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 28, 2017
missslimzy:
Lmao. See comparison
U lag or abj based?
Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by paolokonqueror(m): 11:38pm On Jul 28, 2017
Yup and I like how it was said without bias
Abdstrakt:

Had to be said
Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by paolokonqueror(m): 11:46pm On Jul 28, 2017
I wish I could give someone my L9 Plus to use so it doesn't seem like I'm just saying but I literally don't experience these issues. The battery is okay, I definitely don't spend up to 2 hours 30 minutes to charge my phone fully even when it's totally drained. Everybody should use any phone that works for them tho

Kondomatic:

JUST FEW OF THEM.

5. Durability.

Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by Olalekanbanky1(m): 6:09am On Jul 29, 2017
BlindAngel:

Sir how many hours does your L9plus lasts on heavy usage, with screen on??

No fone can last u 48hrs on heavy usage bro that is if we really knw the meaning of heavy usage.
However, mine lasts me a day( on heavy usage) cos I knw I'm addicted to my fone. I rarely stay idle without pressing phone. Even at work, my colleagues know me for that. But it still still lasts me a whole day
Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by Olalekanbanky1(m): 6:12am On Jul 29, 2017
paolokonqueror:
I wish I could give someone my L9 Plus to use so it doesn't seem like I'm just saying but I literally don't experience these issues. The battery is okay, I definitely don't spend up to 2 hours 30 minutes to charge my phone fully even when it's totally drained. Everybody should use any phone that works for them tho

Tell dem o. I dunno why the OP went ahead to buy fake fone. Mine charges completely after abt 1hr 40mins (wen switched off) if I use the 'follow come' ba3
Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by Olalekanbanky1(m): 6:12am On Jul 29, 2017
paolokonqueror:

Tell dem o. I dunno why the OP went ahead to buy fake fone. Mine charges completely after abt 1hr 40mins (wen switched off) if I used the 'follow come' ba3
Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by Youngpo413: 6:50am On Jul 29, 2017
Abdstrakt:

Seriously it's very hard to tell. Based off the pictures it looks like an original. His could be an isolated case, cos I definitely haven't even any of the problems.
tecno do make use of hi OS, sleek and beautiful, that stock Android 3G ugly icons shows its a clone.... I may be wrong though.
Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by Youngpo413: 6:58am On Jul 29, 2017
BlindAngel:

Over a day without charging with heavy usage, very funny. Even an 8000mah can't last that on an heavy usage most especially with screen on time, 99% of you guys here don't really and actually knows the meaning of heavy usage, you guys are just saying for saying sake.
redmi note 4x.
Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by Shadedtee: 9:25am On Jul 29, 2017
henrixx:

I actually get the point he is trying to prove but then, most high end phones are not what it's
Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by Abdstrakt(m): 4:08pm On Jul 29, 2017
Youngpo413:
tecno do make use of hi OS, sleek and beautiful, that stock Android 3G ugly icons shows its a clone.... I may be wrong though.
Yes you're wrong. The L9PLUS has stock Android.
Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by Youngpo413: 4:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
Abdstrakt:

Yes you're wrong. The L9PLUS has stock Android.
thanks for the correction.
Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by Abdstrakt(m): 4:51pm On Jul 29, 2017
Youngpo413:
thanks for the correction.
you're welcome
Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by BlindAngel: 6:59pm On Jul 29, 2017
paolokonqueror:

Bro, why don't u give us an explanation concerning the L9plus when charging and the screen light should on, even when not browsing or playing games so far the screen light is on it takes like four ever to get just 1%, i could vouch for the fast charge that it's superb with the tecno follow come charger because it's really super fast when the screen light it's off.
I want u to observe your phone with the points i highlighted above and give us feedback here
Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by BLACKCHARGER(m): 7:14pm On Jul 29, 2017
Still looking at all of you laughing because Xiaomi is bae grin
Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by paolokonqueror(m): 9:26am On Jul 30, 2017
As long as you use a Tecno charger (or an original charger), I don't think you should have any issues, I haven't had any anyway.

BlindAngel:

Bro, why don't u give us an explanation concerning the L9plus when charging and the screen light should on, even when not browsing or playing games so far the screen light is on it takes like four ever to get just 1%, i could vouch for the fast charge that it's superb with the tecno follow come charger because it's really super fast when the screen light it's off.
I want u to observe your phone with the points i highlighted above and give us feedback here

Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by paolokonqueror(m): 9:29am On Jul 30, 2017
Lol I never really calculate but I know I'm never worried cause it never really takes long
Olalekanbanky1:

Tell dem o. I dunno why the OP went ahead to buy fake fone. Mine charges completely after abt 1hr 40mins (wen switched off) if I use the 'follow come' ba3
Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by Ay92(m): 12:53pm On Jul 30, 2017
I can authoritatively tell you that there are two versions of tecno l9+. My colleague bought hers last month and my friend bought hers last week, both from the same tecno office. The first one shows the amount of ram usage along with the opened apps while you have to dig deep into the settings for the ram usage of the second phone. The notification and a few other settings are different too. One writes big 3G while the other don't. They are both enjoying the phones though because as ladies, they both use it primarily for taking selfies apart from my friend who plays few games with hers
Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by Androidking: 1:34pm On Jul 30, 2017
Ay92:
I can authoritatively tell you that there are two versions of tecno l9+. My colleague bought hers last month and my friend bought hers last week, both from the same tecno office. The first one shows the amount of ram usage along with the opened apps while you have to dig deep into the settings for the ram usage of the second phone. The notification and a few other settings are different too. One writes big 3G while the other don't. They are both enjoying the phones though because as ladies, they both use it primarily for taking selfies apart from my friend who plays few games with hers

I once mentioned that phones are supply in batches. U will notice that the first set of people that bought the phone were enjoying the phone (90%) to compare with d subsequent sets. When demand is high Der is possibility of low quality in production. Or may be due to high demand they couldn't cross check and verify all item before shipping. Yes its possible. Almost in all these chinese phones. Tecno infinix. Gionee. Itel. Malata. Etc all of them first batch is always better because they were likely carefully produce over the months.especially the ba3

The guy Tecno L9+ could be factory issue which may be some cable moved to d wrong side causing the problems he is experiencing. On a normal day. Dey should take it back refurbishe it

I still like tecno above all of them.

1 Like

Re: Tecno L9plus Is Total Rubbish, Here Are My Observations by dejiWEST: 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2017
A day is even fair enough if you ask me

Olalekanbanky1:

No fone can last u 48hrs on heavy usage bro that is if we really knw the meaning of heavy usage.
However, mine lasts me a day( on heavy usage) cos I knw I'm addicted to my fone. I rarely stay idle without pressing phone. Even at work, my colleagues know me for that. But it still still lasts me a whole day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Two Things To Lookout For While Getting An Android Phone / Ipesi Akoko, Ondo State: A Big Town With No MTN, GLO Or Any Network Provider / Infinix Smart 2/2 Pro Unveiling: Full Specifications And Features

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.