Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Is It Advisable To Elope With Your Lover? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable To Elope With Your Lover? (1385 Views)

Can U Elope Wit Ur Lover? / Why Do Reasonable People Elope? / Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Elope With Your Lover? by freelance(m): 10:55am On Feb 08, 2007
I have a female friend that is making serious plans to elope with her lover. Nobody seems to support their relationship not even her parents. But guess she insists she loves the guy all the same. She is really been blinded by love and hope she recovers her sight before its too late.

Just would like to ask is it advisable or can you guys elope with your lover?

Share your views.

Godspeeed!
Re: Is It Advisable To Elope With Your Lover? by seunwiz: 3:31pm On Feb 08, 2007
well if am 100% sure n got loads of money then i would but it reli aint advisable doh.
Re: Is It Advisable To Elope With Your Lover? by ima1(f): 6:26pm On Feb 08, 2007
i would elope if i am 100% sure he is the one for me, n my family do not accept him
Re: Is It Advisable To Elope With Your Lover? by lunafish(f): 6:30pm On Feb 08, 2007
If you ave a plan, the funds and a strong foundation (in your relationship) then do it. Please yourselves in this lifetime. Others will come around.
Re: Is It Advisable To Elope With Your Lover? by PTBNaija(f): 10:01am On Aug 05, 2007
I would never elope. . .I dream to have a big. . .moderately sized wedding grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Elope With Your Lover? by Bolarge(m): 1:38pm On Aug 06, 2007
The mere fact that they're thinking of eloping means something is definitely lacking.
They obviously do not have the backbone required to maintain their stand in the face of opposition. It may be financial, emotional, social, whatever.
Most ladies that elope with their "Romeos" eventually run back home after having seen what d parents wouldn't have them experience in the first instance.

There's a Yoruba saying that "what the elders see sitting, a child on the tree top will still not percieve".
Re: Is It Advisable To Elope With Your Lover? by Phiniter(m): 1:56pm On Aug 06, 2007
Well I don't think it is advisable, nevertheless, there are some situations that makes people take drastic actions even to the detriment of their relations
Re: Is It Advisable To Elope With Your Lover? by Luckygal99(f): 2:38pm On Mar 12, 2009
Not advisable. Period.

Whatever those soap operas make of it, its NOT romantic/viable at all.
Re: Is It Advisable To Elope With Your Lover? by yme1(f): 2:40pm On Mar 12, 2009
stand your ground,eloping is not the best thing to do
Re: Is It Advisable To Elope With Your Lover? by yemo1(m): 2:52pm On Mar 12, 2009
eloping depends on the kind or level of it but the truth is that it is bad i like wot luckygal said very straightfoward,
Re: Is It Advisable To Elope With Your Lover? by Godmother(f): 6:49pm On Mar 12, 2009
Hell no!
Re: Is It Advisable To Elope With Your Lover? by BeautfulB(f): 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2009
Never
Re: Is It Advisable To Elope With Your Lover? by Macgreat(m): 1:32pm On Nov 07, 2009
Elope to where? the moon. . .
Re: Is It Advisable To Elope With Your Lover? by Godmother2: 1:43pm On Nov 07, 2009
For everyone to be against your relationship, something must be wrong somewhere. Besides, where would she run to?

Macgreat:

Elope to where? the moon. . .

I wonder o
Re: Is It Advisable To Elope With Your Lover? by DrLorenz1(m): 2:34pm On Nov 07, 2009
Elope to where!? If the whole family doesn't like the guy, then let her ask them their reason, simple. If she's really blinded by love as the poster say, then my advice will be to allow her elope, but still keep an eye on her. Anything she sees, she should take. There's a saying that goes, "What the child is hiding, it's the father that solves it at the end of the day".

Bolarge:

There's a Yoruba saying that "what the elders see sitting, a child on the tree top will still not percieve".

These days, what a child sees technologically, the elders sitting on the lowest chair will not perceive grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Elope With Your Lover? by rhymz(m): 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2009
Elope? Hmm!
The last time a guy tried it with my cousin that lives wif us,my pupsy personally saw to it that the stupid fool spent a month and a half in detention at pkanti,when he came out,he learnt one way how not to love and my cousin learnt how unforgiving love can be coz the guy came out and hated her like shit,he was forced to sign an undertaken never to ve anything to do wif her or any of us,lol, through out his holiday in detention i and my el bro saw to it that my cousin never visited the Arrow.next time u will learn how not to love. Too much oyinbo movie na im dey worry some of these galz wey no sabi anything abt life,d guy man wan take luv cover up dey poyansh my cousin, pikin wey just grow and luking siwit and virgin,pupsi being a guy man too did't let it happen.Elope ko run away ni!
@Lorenz
That adage is not yoruba biko(lol),my granny says it a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Love At First Sight / Sex Before Marriage / Who Always Want To Do Elaborate Wedding? Guy Or Ladies And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.