Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (825687 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MeinKampf: 6:48pm On Aug 20, 2017
vickspider:
Good day great people,

OK i got admission at Concordia University of Edmonton for the Winter term, i am recently married, can my mother sponsor me irrespective that am married?this is because my husband cannot sponsor me yet at this time and my school does not offer deferrals.

Also can anyone direct me how to go about this 'Upfront Medical;? advise house.

Hi. Pls when did you apply for your admission for winter? Because I also applied to Concordia since May for winter 2018 but yet to get any admission decision from them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by imoriafe: 7:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
mcobex:
Not really, they both serve same purpose
gudevening boss pls send me your mail, so that you could hepl to review my SOA... oga austine too and the other gurus pls send me your mail. thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmane: 7:56pm On Aug 20, 2017
Arebo:
@Emmane....please when did your review of eligibility start & how long did it take for a decision to be made? Thanks

Arebo, CIC dey vex. I dey on my own, had my school fees receipt which wasn't in file as at when I submitted, though had stated on my SOP that tuition fees had been paid. So this fareful Thursday 17th, I mailed Accra CIC the receipt to include in my app, and they replied within an hour. That same evening, my eligibility started. The following Noon or about 1pm, I noticed I had a mail that came in abt 10am i hadnt checked, and which I did and it was CIC. Just to log into my portal to see d sad Delay news. Wheeewwww. It's well. cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Beyy: 8:00pm On Aug 20, 2017
tegipraise:
Beyy... concerning family ties in canada, did u tell them in any of your applications that you had any 1 that stays in canada?

No I didn't cos I actually don't have any family or relative in canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 8:01pm On Aug 20, 2017
Emmane:

Arebo, CIC dey vex. I dey on my own, had my school fees receipt which wasn't in file as at when I submitted, though had stated on my SOP that tuition fees had been paid. So this fareful Thursday 17th, I mailed Accra CIC the receipt to include in my app, and they replied within an hour. That same evening, my eligibility started. The following Noon or about 1pm, I noticed I had a mail that came in abt 10am i hadnt checked, and which I did and it was CIC. Just to log into my portal to see d sad Delay news. Wheeewwww. It's well. cry
Itz well my brother...just order for gcms notes asap
Hope u not giving up.
Cos we will repackage nd fire bk
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yoshearer(m): 8:08pm On Aug 20, 2017
tjaz:

Masters, UWO
Applied May 26th, with upfront medicals
Medicals passed updated June 9th
Request for proof of funds on July 10th
Replied request August 16th
Application approved updated August 18th

Docs submitted
All cic documents
Scholarship award letter worth 30kusd as main sponsor
Co-sponsor, aunt with fixed deposit of 12m,
Father's company CAC doc and letter of guarantee of position on return as home tie
Parent and siblings birth certificate as home tie
Employment letter and three months payslip
Birth and marriage certificate of mum and aunt to show relationship

Reply to request for proof of funds
Statement of acct showing 3m deposit
Bank reference letter
Letter from UWO stating fees invoice cannot be generated until study permit is issued
Cbn forex operational manual

And it ended it praise, thanks to God.
Posts from a lot of selfless people here are very helpful even to silent readers, may God continue to bless you all.
Wish all hopefuls TRV approvals.
Congratulations on your approval. Please, does it mean initially you didn't add your bank statement for the VO officer to ask for PoF? Did the bank statement indicating 3 month payslip contain any cash? If it did ease how much was in it?

Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmane: 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2017
glam4444:

Itz well my brother...just order for gcms notes asap
Hope u not giving up.
Cos we will repackage nd fire bk

Glam, when u say "we" I tot u got your trv. Well, giving up is not in the option. I ordered CAIPS files immediately. CIC though. Thank God na study leave I take from office. Cuz I cannot imagine it if I had resigned and got this kinda thing. Na smoke for komot for my head undecided lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lanrayx: 8:14pm On Aug 20, 2017
MeinKampf:

Hi. Pls when did you apply for your admission for winter? Because I also applied to Concordia since May for winter 2018 but yet to get any admission decision from them.

Concordia university of Edmonton is different from that of Quebec

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2017
Emmane:

Glam, when u say "we" I tot u got your trv. Well, giving up is not in the option. I ordered CAIPS files immediately. CIC though. Thank God na study leave I take from office. Cuz I cannot imagine it if I had resigned and got this kinda thing. Na smoke for komot for my head undecided lipsrsealed

cheesy we go repackage am together
grin...no be only smoke plus fire.
Itz well my brother.
God will perfect it dis tym around
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Miles490: 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2017
Sorry about that bro, on what grounds were you delayed?

Emmane:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mikelincoln: 8:22pm On Aug 20, 2017
Emmane:

So sorry abt delay bro, God knws best nd it shall eventually end wif praise. I also got dat type of msg yesterday nd it's just so unfair on d part of CIC to keep one waiting for dis long nd den after d whole waiting it's negative. Believe me dis whole thing wouldn't av even made any meaning or pained me if dey had responded shortly after application. I even prefer U.S system which u would knw u'r stance few days after application. I wish all d TRV hopeful success.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 8:30pm On Aug 20, 2017
larrytorch:
Please fam, is there any difference between SOP and Letter of Intent?

They are thesame

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MeinKampf: 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2017
lanrayx:

Concordia university of Edmonton is different from that of Quebec

My bad. Thanks for the clarification
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 9:27pm On Aug 20, 2017
Emman thank God dat u v nt resign o,just aspire 2 refire it wil end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jejelaye01: 9:32pm On Aug 20, 2017
Ziggarrr:
Guys, anyone coming to Regina this September? Holla

Hello mate.... I will be coming to regina this September. Are you going to regina or are you there already? Just sent you a pm.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 9:34pm On Aug 20, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Yea that's what I'm doing too wearing the heavy clothings... But you seem to be mistaking winter jacket for just jackets.... You can't wear winter jacket to the airport ooo(winter jacket wey be like say NA blanket DEY use sow am)

1) heat will finish you
2)you will look very odd

I go carry the ordinary jacket for my hand sha to avoid weight

Hahaha, very true....but when choice no dey, man must survive.....heat, make she kuku enjoy all the heat finish before landing. as regards odd looking, she doesnt have to wear it, or she can decide to dedicate the hand luggage for it, in fact if you were to go in december the jacket has to either be on you or hand luggage for easy access. im also sure she'll prefer to look odd than to waste limited resources.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 9:36pm On Aug 20, 2017
Moadejimi:
Quick one please.

Is it possible to take one's passport directly to Ghana for stamping when he gets the invitation letter? Rather than waiting on vfs' 5 working days thingy

This made me laugh.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moadejimi: 9:45pm On Aug 20, 2017
For those that have ordered their gcms notes, please,
for the IMM5744E form, must one print and sign with ink, scan and send or one can just ignore the signature part just as the other online imm forms filled?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ibeli0: 9:50pm On Aug 20, 2017
so how did you correct the issue of accessibility of funds ,vo said i have not shown that the fund are available to me for my studys inspite of the account statement i submited.
Meyson:

Your story is inspiring! Big congrats!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 10:10pm On Aug 20, 2017
@Emmane.... it is well bro, that means they were almost rounding up with your application, just repackage & refire, God will see us all through.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 20, 2017
Online applicants, when did you get your letter of introduction? My passport is ready for collection after passport request but not received my letter of introduction, did you get it by mail or my CIC?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 1:51am On Aug 21, 2017
Hi All, Just a quick one....With this trend of people having to remind CIC about their applications & some getting updates almost immediately, I have seen two approvals based on reminder and a delay based on the moniker having to send his tuition receipt & getting attended to, the next day, a decision was made & it was a denial....should we conclude that they were actually done with these kinds of applications or is the applicants messages that got to them and made them to hasten up Confused much people
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CPA01: 3:01am On Aug 21, 2017
Arebo:
Hi All, Just a quick one....With this trend of people having to remind CIC about their applications & some getting updates almost immediately, I have seen two approvals based on reminder and a delay based on the moniker having to send his tuition receipt & getting attended to, the next day, a decision was made & it was a denial....should we conclude that they were actually done with these kinds of applications or is the applicants messages that got to them and made them to hasten up Confused much people

I believe CIC has already made a decision about our application within the first month. What delays most time is the background check which may even be ready before 3wks but your application still wait on the queue for final decision. Your mail/cse can't influence their decision but can make them communicate their decision to you as soon as possible. That is why even with a withdrawal mail, you still get approval if the earlier decision on your application is positive.

#hopeful

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ziggarrr: 3:47am On Aug 21, 2017
Jejelaye01:

Hello mate.... I will be coming to regina this September. Are you going to regina or are you there already? Just sent you a pm.
I'm in Ontario but going to Regina in September. I wanna connect with guys here so we can arrange and rent a house or apartment together

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Osemigho: 7:31am On Aug 21, 2017
matic12:

Pls, can you answer my question just for a friend..

He tuition fees is $12,000
Got a research assistantship of $7000/y for his two years M. sc program..
Got a teaching assistantship of $4,000

His aunty is her sponsor and she has paid his full tuition fees of $12,000 with receipt of payment as evidence..
Also his aunty is sponsoring him with $11,000 for his living expenses out of the $25,000 in her bank statement..

The guy in question has #700,000 in his own personal account...

His dad says he will also sponsor him with just $5000

My question is, how much is available for his stay?
He is confused as he doesn't know how much to fill in the section on the check list...

Need guru's input
In my non-guru opinion and what I will do if I was the one,

Amount available = GA+TA+Tuition paid+ Aunt living expenses + Dad support.

I will advise his aunt and dad deposit the money into his domiciliary account.

Aunt provide letter and affidavit of financial support which state when she paid tuition and transferred living expenses into applicants account and why she's sponsoring. She submit evidences of her sources of income and assets, as well as 6 month history bank account and bank assurance letter if available.

Dad provides "letter of support" emphasizing the money he transferred as support and when, acknowledgement of aunt as financial support, his believe in his child, why, and how happy he would be to welcome him back after study. He will also submit evidences of assets and bank account history.

Applicant submit statement of account(s) and a well drafted SOP with a paragraph that clearly state his funds and sources. S/he also write family or Aunt and School funding as source of fund in CIC form.

Above story is for applicant to tackle finance only. I will also advise applicant to use the paper route to avoid poor scan quality of above documents. Shalom!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ebubedrums001(m): 7:58am On Aug 21, 2017
Hello, pls is anyone here staying in surulere (or ogunlana drive, precisely). I wanna have a one on one conversation about Canadian study visa and how to go about it. I dont mind paying grin
Was previously denied US visa about three times ,due to my own mistakes, and I wanna apply for Canadian study visa. I dont wanna make mistakes with the canadian visa.
Thanks y'all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayonet(m): 8:01am On Aug 21, 2017
ebubedrums001:
Hello, pls is anyone here staying in surulere (or ogunlana drive, precisely). I wanna have a one on one conversation about Canadian study visa and how to go about it. I dont mind paying grin
Was previously denied US visa about three times ,due to my own mistakes, and I wanna apply for Canadian study visa. I dont wanna make mistakes with the canadian visa.
Thanks y'all

What was the mistake?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ebubedrums001(m): 8:13am On Aug 21, 2017
Different DS-160. Though they were all correct but someone made me see why the information I supplied weren't tallying, so they felt I was lying
ayonet:

What was the mistake?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 21, 2017
I don't understand this CIC people. My friend told me that she was delayed because of insufficient funds. She paid a year tuition fee, and submitted her dad's statement of account with balance of 20m and she is his only dependant. She said they ticked all three boxes for insufficient funds. It's like they didn't even check her application to find the tuition receipt.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ebubedrums001(m): 8:21am On Aug 21, 2017
What nonsense. Can u imagine? Just negodu
Alantobie:
I don't understand this CIC people. My friend told me that she was delayed because of insufficient funds. She paid a year tuition fee, and submitted her dad's statement of account with balance of 20m and she is his only dependant. She said they ticked all three boxes for insufficient funds. It's like they didn't even check her application to find the tuition receipt.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 8:29am On Aug 21, 2017
ebubedrums001:
Thanks y'all
Bro I will advise you ask whatever questions you have here so other people can learn from it, it will benefit u and also save u cost as well.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 8:32am On Aug 21, 2017
Alantobie:
Let her order for her gcms note to get the full details of the denial. may God help us

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.