Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,770 members, 7,806,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (825397 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Miles490: 9:19am On Aug 23, 2017
Congrats again, I'd like to know your profile. I'm trying to send you a pm.

AfroHeathen:
Good morning everyone,

I have been a silent reader for about 4 months. I just checked my cic account this morning and saw i have been given trv.

Oh and I'm a PGD applicant too grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mightyola: 9:34am On Aug 23, 2017
Please House i need advice. My Maternal Uncle is my sponsor and he resides in the States. I am a silent reader here,and i have read in past threads that to make a good solid case with the VO,its advisable your sponsor transfers the money into your account. Now with the challenge of the CBN forex policy, it would be a nightmare for my Uncle to transfer about $26,000 USD to my account. Secondly, since i would still have to change this money back to CAD. OR how can i go about this, i am looking for a suitable way to satisfy the VO,without giving my Uncle headache and being frustrated at the same time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 9:37am On Aug 23, 2017
AfroHeathen:
Good morning everyone,

I have been a silent reader for about 4 months. I just checked my cic account this morning and saw i have been given trv.

Please share your profile
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Miles490: 9:38am On Aug 23, 2017
I've just emailed you bro

Miles490:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 9:41am On Aug 23, 2017
AfroHeathen:
Good morning everyone,

Cc: @jnyuwa02 & @Arebo. Congrats Afro, this can only be God. Kindly share your profile.

Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LaGrace: 9:42am On Aug 23, 2017
Please share your profile so that people who want to go for a PGD can learn a thing or two and are not discouraged. When there's a will, there's a way. Congrats

Good morning everyone,

Oh and I'm a PGD applicant too grin[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sugaro: 9:51am On Aug 23, 2017
Osemigho:

That's why upfront medical is advisable. Let's be hopeful and prayerful.

Also, You can ask your program admin for the "last resumption date". It is usually different from what is written your admission letter. When I asked my program admin about it around June, she said Sepetember 24, while 05 is when classes start.
I am compelled to think otherwise. In my own case that my upfront medicals got updated 3wks ago with eligibility review, I am yet to hear from them and with the recent trend of medical mail being almost an approval,one will wish for a request rather than the update as it gives u an insight to the outcome of one's application. #justthinkingoutloud#
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 10:05am On Aug 23, 2017
mightyola:
Please House i need advice. My Maternal Uncle is my sponsor and he resides in the States. I am a silent reader here,and i have read in past threads that to make a good solid case with the VO,its advisable your sponsor transfers the money into your account. Now with the challenge of the CBN forex policy, it would be a nightmare for my Uncle to transfer about $26,000 USD to my account. Secondly, since i would still have to change this money back to CAD. OR how can i go about this, i am looking for a suitable way to satisfy the VO,without giving my Uncle headache and being frustrated at the same time.
I don't see the need of you changing the money to CAD. Let him pay the money into your dorm account.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CPA01: 10:05am On Aug 23, 2017
Sugaro:
I am compelled to think otherwise. In my own case that my upfront medicals got updated 3wks ago with eligibility review, I am yet to hear from them and with the recent trend of medical mail being almost an approval,one will wish for a request rather than the update as it gives u an insight to the outcome of one's application. #justthinkingoutloud#

What is your background check saying?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 10:06am On Aug 23, 2017
AfroHeathen:
Good morning everyone,

Congratulations. Please share your profile.
Regards

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sugaro: 10:06am On Aug 23, 2017
Arebo:

The sad bit is that masters is not open to internationally educated health professionals like doctors, nurses etc they can only opt for certificate courses, I sincerely hope they are aware, since they now see Pgd/c applicants as applicants that are not genuine. God help us all
Not entirely true, I agree that some programs are not open to international medical graduates not necessarily masters.But if u surf the net thoroughly, u definitely will find a whole lot of programs, even though they may not really be what u exactly like.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sugaro: 10:10am On Aug 23, 2017
AfroHeathen:
Good morning everyone,

Wow wow wow wow!!! Congrats. Keeping hopes alive. So happy for this news, it will surely end in praise!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sugaro: 10:13am On Aug 23, 2017
CPA01:

What is your background check saying?
still processing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AfroHeathen: 10:16am On Aug 23, 2017
Miles490:

Paper route, submitted on the 27th of July at vfs Lagos.
Upfront medicals. Medicals passed on 10th of August.

Forms submitted:

All cic forms
Waec certificate
Nysc certificate
University transcript
University degree (bsc computer science 2.2)
Project management certificate from new horizon

Admission letter from Seneca college (project management - information technology) (PGD)
Tuition invoice letter
Tuition paid for 1st semester(8000cad)
Bank confirmation of fees paid
Letter from Seneca acknowledging fees paid

I have dual citizenship with Nigeria and Ghana, but I used my Ghanaian passport because that's where all my travel history is.
Travel history: Paris, Amsterdam, UK and US( both are currently valid)
Birth certificate
Passport
Copy of the Residence card (for the Ghanaian passport )
Parents passports biopage and marriage certificate
Sister's birth certificate, marriage certificate, change of name certificate and her passport biopage.
Parents's letter of employment and a copy of their ID cards

My parents are my sponsors
13000usd and 5000cad with a bank in Canada
5000usd in Dom account
About 1000usd and less than 1000GBP here and there
1m in current account here in Nigeria
Fixed deposit of 5m
Shares of 7m
My own shares of 100k grin
Land property worth 66m

I have a job now but I was unemployed when submitting ,I just put in unemployed on their form.
I also didn't write SOP. The study questionnaire was adequate.

Hope this helps someone. Sorry for the format and typos, I'm on mobile.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CPA01: 10:18am On Aug 23, 2017
Sugaro:
still processing

Be hopeful bro. My review of eligibility has been like yours for 2 months. Background check changed from not applicable to we are processing after 2months. Medicals followed. #stay positive. You're on track bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 10:34am On Aug 23, 2017
AfroHeathen:

Forms submitted:

All cic forms
Waec certificate
Nysc certificate
University transcript

Admission letter from Seneca college (project management - information technology) (PGD)
Tuition invoice letter

I have dual citizenship with Nigeria and Ghana, but I used my Ghanaian passport because that's where all my travel history is.
Birth certificate
Passport
Sister's birth certificate, marriage certificate, change of name certificate and her passport biopage.

5000usd in Dom account
Fixed deposit of 5m
Shares of 7m
Land property worth 66m

I have a job now but I was unemployed when submitting ,I just put in unemployed on their form.

What an incredible profile.

Only if you know what controversies your profile will lay to rest, except if 'they' want to start another one.

Thanks so much for coming out of the blue even though I was a silent reader also for 2years before opening an account.

Like I always say, Go and prosper!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 10:37am On Aug 23, 2017
Congratulations to Afroheaten, people shouldn't get me wrong, this is an exceptional case as you can see he submitted his Ghanaian passport, we shall all live to tell positive stories. Amen

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 10:39am On Aug 23, 2017
Any news??

@trexxbanks, @aliACCA, @Abiodunne,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ctrlunlimited: 10:48am On Aug 23, 2017
Osemigho:

Simple thing.

Draft a general email that contain a supervisor focus area and edit supervisor name, focus area, and school each time you want to send.

I have up to five (5) draft as am writing to you.
Where I am experiencing issue is aligning my interest to theirs which I can't do unless I go through their publication/abstract thereby limiting the number of mails I can push each day.

Can I forward you my samples??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 10:51am On Aug 23, 2017
guzenaira:

What an incredible profile.

Only if you know what controversies your profile will lay to rest, except if 'they' want to start another one.

Like I always say, Go and prosper.

Hahahahaha @bold.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 23, 2017
RAY12345:

Hahahahaha @bold.

They have already started another one by saying he used a Ghanian passport

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 10:55am On Aug 23, 2017
AfroHeathen:

Forms submitted:

All cic forms
Waec certificate
Nysc certificate
University transcript

Tuition invoice letter

Birth certificate
Passport

5000usd in Dom account
Fixed deposit of 5m
Shares of 7m
Land property worth 66m

Wow. What a profile. Congrats once again.

Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ibeli0: 10:56am On Aug 23, 2017
Pgd/pgc in the house say i ....congratulations bro online or paper which documents did you submìt.
AfroHeathen:
Good morning everyone,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 11:02am On Aug 23, 2017
guzenaira:

Any news??

no news yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 11:03am On Aug 23, 2017
CPA01:

Be hopeful bro. My review of eligibility has been like yours for 2 months. Background check changed from not applicable to we are processing after 2months. Medicals followed. #stay positive. You're on track bro.
I just replied your mail bro. Sorry for the late response. Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 11:04am On Aug 23, 2017
jnyuwa02:

You can ask expedited action, but clearly it's reserved for emergent situations of death or acute sickness. That said, that they took time to personally respond to you like that should not forbode fear, but stand as a great sign in my opinion that you will get this thing. They gave you the chance to even withdraw means they are already viewing you as not desperate to go to Canada. That is the kind of people they like to approve TRV for.
Thanks for the encouraging words bro, it will end in praise for us all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Miles490: 11:15am On Aug 23, 2017
Hahaha I dey tell you, I knew "they" were going to start another one by saying "he used a Ghanaian passport" see the person doesn't even have any home tie! He didn't even have a job when he applied. Meaning no personal assets except his 100k naira in shares. Just put up a got SOP that's it. Learn guys

sthillz:

They have already started another one by saying he used a Ghanian passport

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by aliACCA: 11:22am On Aug 23, 2017
guzenaira:

Any news??

no news oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nonny1stn: 11:29am On Aug 23, 2017
Good-Morning all,

Am a silent reader about a month now and must say a huge thanks to you all for the tremendous job you guyz are doing here, helping novice like me get a better insight about TRV
May God continue to bless you all, Amen!

I want to submit my app online soon, below is my profile and would love to get any tip or advice from you guyz before submitting

I graduated 2014, served 2015-2016 and currently unemployed.

1. Birth Certificate (national population commission) backed up affidavit Dah states that the place of birth in population commission is wrong
2. International passport data page
3. University certificate
4. NYSC certificate (documents that showed where I served, salary payments ....)
5. WAEC certificate
6. Affidavit that states that the birth day on my WAEC cert. is wrong
7. Police clearance cert
8.all sponsors (my brother ) details, bank soa,letter,tax etc
9.post graduate program, letter from school and all d payment details

Please with all the above, can I go ahead and apply, so to avoid been delayed?

I need advice from you guyz Weda to carry on or are my missing any vital detail

Thanks...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 11:29am On Aug 23, 2017
Miles490:

Hahaha I dey tell you, I knew "they" were going to start another one by saying "he used a Ghanaian passport" see the person doesn't even have any home tie! He didn't even have a job when he applied. Meaning no personal assets except his 100k naira in shares. Just put up a got SOP that's it. Learn guys

No vex boss. The boss get home ties...his family...

This is what I have been saying with regards to hometie, if your family is all you have, use them as home tie.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.