Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,502 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (825429 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:30am On Sep 15, 2017
Smile4mee01:
Its beginning to get at me. Is my Canada Study Dream over yet.

I applied for admission to University of Windsor since June 2017. i am still waiting on them for admission. i got a mail September is over and the next available class would be in January 2018. with the news i read about how long it takes to get your study permit granted. i fear. I had chosen the school because they offered a course that did not need GMAT.

While Canada remains my choice because of the sane conditions of settling there, I am closely considering Australia and USA. I have a USA Visit VISA, and i hear of a few schools who can covert your visit VISA to Study permit as long as some conditions are met. but we all know settling in USA after study is complicated. Is Australia a viable option? Can i go to Australia/USA and if my admission clicks then, can i apply for canada study permit from there?

Kindly advice

Continue to wait and write to the admissions office at the school you applied in Canada. Yes you can go to school in the USA and many are happy to help you apply to change to a student visa while in the USA. From experience though, these are schools desperate to get your money and give you an education. It's hard to change from B1 to F-1. But totally possible if you do your homework well. If you think you can afford to pay your way, that would be your easiest route. But if you can't afford and need a significant scholarship, your best way is to go through the application process right here in Nigeria as most of the schools have as their scholarship criteria, that the student be residing and coming directly from Africa. Even Canadian schools have this criteria, e.g, TRU Master in Education, full scholarship for African students. No you cannot apply for Canadian student visa while on a visiting visa to USA or Australia or anywhere else as a matter of fact. As one sacrificial lamb here wedged his life to prove, you would be rejected based on status in country of application. Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 4:33am On Sep 15, 2017
Favourina87:
I applied on the 31st of May. Since then my application just changed to "we are reviewing if you are eligible" today... but I Have an issue... my school don't defer my course. I was told to withdraw my application and reapply for September next year...and the withdrawal is on process already.
Please will my withdrawal affect the decision the embassy make..
Email your school and explain your situation to them clearly and concisely. Tell them how long it takes for CIC to adjudicate Nigerian applicants and explain how their withdrawal of your application could lead to a TRV refusal even though you've already waited this long. Actually I don't know what CIC does if they ask for an updated admission letter and you don't provide it; but you don't want to find out, do you?

Be a bit sentimental in the email to your school. If you can, follow up with a phone call and speak to someone in their international office. Schools in the west are usually not that rigid.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 4:36am On Sep 15, 2017
Nogen:
...They said NO! I MUST SEND BY COURRIEL! Just 2 pieces of paper and I will 17k plus. This is breaking my heart! It's so painful. Please, who in Canada (even in Québec ) will help me mail the document ? So I can pay less. Kindly send me a mail to nogen123@yahoo.com . Thanks
Pay the 17k and courier the document ASAP.

Have you heard the phrase "penny wise and pound foolish"? You don't want that to be you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:39am On Sep 15, 2017
Favourina87:
I applied on the 31st of May. Since then my application just changed to "we are reviewing if you are eligible" today... but I Have an issue... my school don't defer my course. I was told to withdraw my application and reapply for September next year...and the withdrawal is on process already.

I will advice you simply wait for CIC to request new admission. While waiting, reapply against September. If you got in before, chances are very strong you will get in again. Use that admission letter to give to them when CIC makes its request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 4:41am On Sep 15, 2017
hoeludayo39:
Guys please I need your candid advice:
I don't have a sponsor that bears my surname. Someone now told me I can use my cousin's company account provided he can write affidavit that he knows me and he can submit his statement of account, tax clearance account, etc. He has enough money in his account.

I got admission to University of manitoba to study Electronic and computer engineering with 5,400CAD fund from my supervisor...
If you are gonna use your cousin's company account, you would also need to show VO proof that he has complete ownership of the company and he has authority over the company' accounts. He may also have to explain why he is using the company account to sponsor you. It's doable but your cousin's sponsorship letter has to provide clear explanations to the VO.

Proof showing that your cousin (or whoever your sponsor is) has prepaid your tuition already will also go a long way to convince the VO. Tho it's not compulsory, I usually suggest this when the sponsorship may not appear credible to the VO. You'd have to show proof that it's said sponsor that did the paying though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:46am On Sep 15, 2017
thesoj:

1. Applying to one school is risky. Always apply to more than one school unless you are an all-or-nothing person.
2. It isn't accurate that an American school can convert your visit visa to a student visa. No American school can do that, it's US immigration (USCIS) that decides on that and it is unlikely that they'd approve it (it used to be routine in the past but not anymore).

They don't convert it. They support you in applying with issued form I-20 and supporting letters to USCIS why you would be a good candidate for conversion from B-1 to F-1. Not easy, but possible and a lot of people do it and are successful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 4:49am On Sep 15, 2017
BRANDYAK:

Hello @thesoj, Mazi, Austine4pee and all please what about the case where my sponsor is my elder sister who resides in the US she wants to sell a piece of land back home worth about 30000cad she is about to sell this land and let the buyer pay the money in to my account for my studies and also present her personal account to the VO, will this be a red flag?

N.B We will provide sale documents.
Why not she sell the land and the buyer deposit the funds into your account? You attach proof of the sale documents, attach proof of transfer from buyer's account into yours. Your sister in her sponsorship letter explains that the land was an investment and she sold it and authorized the buyer to deposit the money into your account.

If there's clear & concise proof and the explanation is clear and not sketchy, it won't be a red flag. Since she's also attaching her personal account then you'll be good. The key thing is making everything clear and unambiguous to the VO. Any excessively complicated explanation or unclear documentation increases your risk of denial for insufficient funds (at least this is what I'd do if I were a VO).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 4:53am On Sep 15, 2017
jnyuwa02:
They don't convert it. They support you in applying with issued form I-20 and supporting letters to USCIS why you would be a good candidate for conversion from B-1 to F-1. Not easy, but possible and a lot of people do it and are successful
I just wanted to correct the person's misconception that the school has a role to play in the B1-F1 visa conversion. As you already know, all the school does is what they do for everyone else, give you an I-20 and *maybe* write a letter to USCIS to support your application but that letter probably won't increase your chances (because USCIS knows that it's just a routine letter).

Having said that it is possible but in this day and age unlikely (used to be routine before though) and also risky.

If s/he gets denied and comes back to Naija, s/he is unlikely to be issued another US visa in Naija again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 5:04am On Sep 15, 2017
thesoj:

While it's true that @Zlatimi is likely to have a better chance as a masters TRV applicant, it's highly unlikely for him/her to get masters admission with a 3rd class. It's not impossible but it is very very unlikely, unless s/he has a ton of distinguished experience and/or research publications, and/or some very interesting civil engineering projects, and/or has extremely high GRE scores, etc. I say this in order to not give any false hope.

Further, applying for TRV with a masters admission is not a silver bullet to getting a TRV. At this point, Zlatimi might as well just apply for the TRV, but s/he will need to put together a spectacular application to the VO. @Zlatini, you can get the TRV even with your PGD but your application has to be spectacular.

I think someone applying before a VO with a PGD acceptance and less stellar third class degree is a recipe for getting tagged with the "purpose of visit" designation. I would feel much comfortable advising a third class go before the VO with a masters admission. While hard to get accepted with a third class for a masters, it's not impossible. There are many schools in Canada too interested in you simply for your money and are happy to create programs for you to meet certain deficiencies. Lol. Research, Reaearch, Reaearch!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kosb: 5:12am On Sep 15, 2017
DEEAJA:
Good day House!

I and my husband registered with WES for assessment since Aug 2016. I got my own assessment Dec 2016. He is yet to get his assessment. The status still shows "Awaiting verification from Institution". He has gone to his alma mata (Uni Ibadan) to follow-up and he ensured those in charge responded but the status still remains the same. WES still claims not have received confirmation from Uni Ibadan. Please what do you think he can do as this is delaying us from creating EE profile

I think the delay is all from Uni Ibadan. Not sure how they operate but a similar thing happened to my cousin who applied for hers in UNN. After some weeks of the verification delay, I went to the records office only to find out that usually, applicants are required to pay 10k verification fee ie after paying for the transcript (mind u, they didn't even bother communicating this to her). I paid the 10k and in 3 days, hers was verified. So I advise you find out from Uni Ibadan what might be causing the delay.

My cousin also mentioned something wrt the whole WES verification process having a deadline, after which applicant will have to start the process afresh. Not sure about this, but u can ask to find out more.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by favoured2018: 5:12am On Sep 15, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 5:16am On Sep 15, 2017
thesoj:

I just wanted to correct the person's misconception that the school has a role to play in the B1-F1 visa conversion. As you already know, all the school does is what they do for everyone else, give you an I-20 and *maybe* write a letter to USCIS to support your application but that letter probably won't increase your chances (because USCIS knows that it's just a routine letter).

Having said that it is possible but in this day and age unlikely (used to be routine before though) and also risky.

If s/he gets denied and comes back to Naija, s/he is unlikely to be issued another US visa in Naija again.

Letter writing in support of change of status are not routine by schools and usually go a long way in helping to win a change of status. And change of status itself has never been a routine process. They have always taken serious effort as long as I can remember. But you are right, if rejected while in the USA, you don't have a prayer in Nigeria. With good planning you should be successful in applying within the USA. Or better apply from Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by favoured2018: 5:18am On Sep 15, 2017
good day everyone,
pls i am new here and wou;d appreciate it if the gurus here can help out,

1. what schools in canada give offer of admission early
2. does carleton reply early in terms of admission

thank you all, looking forward to impactful discussions on this thread.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 5:22am On Sep 15, 2017
jnyuwa02:
I think someone applying before a VO with a PGD acceptance and less stellar third class degree is a recipe for getting tagged with the "purpose of visit" designation. I would feel much comfortable advising the person go before the VO with a masters admission. While hard to get accepted with a third class for a masters, it's not impossible. There are many schools in Canada too interested in you simply for your money. Lol.
The applicant, with a third-class BSc, has a much higher change getting into a US (or UK) school for a masters than to a Canadian graduate school. The reality is that there are just wayyy more schools in the US, and US schools can be more money greedy because they want to you pay their super-expensive international student tuition (particularly private schools). (Btw, I love US schools & Canadian schools in general so not dissing either country)

Most Canadian graduate departments have a 2:1 requirement, getting admission with a third class would be a near miracle unless the applicant is truly spectacular in other ways. The fact that the applicant is in engineering makes it even tougher cos engineering graduate departments are typically more competitive to get into.

Btw, I helped someone (with advanced diploma admission) work on his TRV app and he got a TRV to Canada after a BSc CGPA that was almost a third class. The applicant was able to show the VO that he was spectacular, and he/we didn't need to bring attention to his poor CGPA (even though we attached his transcripts). We brought attention to his passions and how they translate to his plans for what he'd do in Nigeria with his Canada education (we were very specific, with citations of his economic research into the area he plans to shape in Nigeria). We also explained the side projects he'd been doing in Nigeria already (to demonstrate his passion), and provided lots of evidence to prove it, etc. The goal was to credibly paint the applicant as a visionary (which was true), and we did so. Now I was skeptical that the applicant would get the visa, but I felt the chances weren't bad given how spectacular the application was. And voila, visa approved. It took a whole lot of work though.

In my view, the probably of getting a TRV with a third class is equal to or better than the probability of getting into an engineering MSc in Canada with a third class. Now if the applicant takes the GRE and scores above the 90th percentile, his/her chances of getting MSc admission goes up.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 5:31am On Sep 15, 2017
thesoj:

The applicant, with a third-class BSc, has a much higher change getting into a US (or UK) school for a masters than to a Canadian graduate school. The reality is that there are just wayyy more schools in the US, and US schools can be more money greedy because they want to you pay their super-expensive international student tuition (particularly private schools). (Btw, I love US schools & Canadian schools in general so not dissing either country)

Most Canadian graduate departments have a 2:1 requirement, getting admission with a third class would be a near miracle unless the applicant is truly spectacular in other ways. The fact that the applicant is in engineering makes it even tougher cos engineering graduate departments are typically more competitive to get into.

Btw, I helped someone (with advanced diploma admission) work on his TRV app and he got a TRV to Canada after a BSc CGPA that was almost a third class. The applicant was able to show the VO that he was spectacular, and he/we didn't need to bring attention to his poor CGPA (even though we attached his transcripts). We brought attention to his passions and how they translate to his plans for what he'd do in Nigeria with his Canada education (we were very specific, with citations of his economic research into the area he plans to shape in Nigeria). We also explained the side projects he'd been doing in Nigeria already (to demonstrate his passion), and provided lots of evidence to prove it, etc. The goal was to credibly paint the applicant as a visionary (which was true), and we did so. Now I was skeptical that the applicant would get the visa, but I felt the chances weren't bad given how spectacular the application was. And voila, visa approved. It took a whole lot of work though.

In my view, the probably of getting a TRV with a third class is equal to or better than the probability of getting into an engineering MSc in Canada with a third class. Now if the applicant takes the GRE and scores above the 90th percentile, his/her chances of getting MSc admission goes up.

I promise you that I can get admission for this person into a masters degree from Canadian school with his third class. Schools do not look only for grades, they also look at personal statements and other intents and these are great cause for hope. He has to try himself and the word is not out yet on his admission till he gives up! Wasn't some girl testifying the other day getting accepted with significant scholarship with a 2.1? I don't know the Nigerian designation, but that has got to be pretty low.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 5:40am On Sep 15, 2017
jnyuwa02:
I promise you that I can get admission for this person into a masters degree from Canadian school with his third class. Schools do not look only for grades, they also look at personal statements and other intents and these are great cause for hope. He has to try himself and the word is not out yet on his admission till he gives up. Wasn't some girl testifying and revering here the other day getting accepted with significant scholarship with a 2.1? I don't know the designations in Nigeria, but a 2.1 has got be low!

I don't disagree that it's theoretically possible. It's just extremely unlikely given that the applicant wants to do an engineering program

Engineering is different from other fields in that a perfect SOP does not change the fact that the applicant is unlikely to be able to cope in classes that require advanced math. A great SOP or excellent intent does not compensate in any way for the applicant's lack of quantitative skills (as measured by grades on the transcript). This is why I mention that a high GRE score (or research publications or successful engineering projects, with evidence) can be the saving grace.

Even though a school might be impressed by the applicant's perfect SOP, that won't translate to them being able to admit him/her knowing that he/she would have to go back to take freshman or sophomore math classes in order to merely cope. (No offense intended to the moniker who brought this up, just being realistic here.)

Edited:
PS: A 2:1 isn't low (it spans from 3.5/5.0 to 4.49/5.0). I'd recommend you do some more reading on the Nigerian CGPA system. This would help you comment more knowledgeably on this topic.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 5:44am On Sep 15, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I promise you that I can get admission for this person into a masters degree from Canadian school with his third class. Schools do not look only for grades, they also look at personal statements and other intents and these are great cause for hope. He has to try himself and the word is not out yet on his admission till he gives up!
Please take up the challenge and help your brother. I'm sure he would appreciate it.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 5:49am On Sep 15, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I promise you that I can get admission for this person into a masters degree from Canadian school with his third class. Schools do not look only for grades, they also look at personal statements and other intents and these are great cause for hope. He has to try himself and the word is not out yet on his admission till he gives up. Wasn't some girl testifying here the other day getting accepted with significant scholarship with a 2.1? I don't know the designations in Nigeria, but a 2.1 has got be low!

Boss,

With regards to the bolded above, a 2.1 is Second class Upper (A second class upper GPA starts from 3.5/5 in most Nigerian University) and that is not low.

Like what @thesoj is saying, it would be difficult and nearly impossible for someone with a third class (without any relevant research or work experience to boost his or her chances) to get an msc admission in Canada, especially in engineering and with the level of competition. That is one of the reasons people go with PGD/PGC.

I would advise the boss involved to apply with the PGD he or she has and thoroughly explain to the VO why the s/he needs the grades and what use it will be to him or her.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 5:50am On Sep 15, 2017
Nogen:

Please take up the challenge and help your brother. I'm sure he would appreciate it.

Let's not argue for the sake of arguing here. I will take on the challenge. Please this person should pm me and pretty confident I can help them. It's all about how you assemble your application, a not strong showing in grades can be offset with other important admission criteria even in the engineering admission arena.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 6:01am On Sep 15, 2017
jnyuwa02:
Let's not argue for the sake of arguing here. I will take on the challenge. Please this person should pm me and pretty confident I can help them. It's all about how you assemble your application, a not strong showing in grades can be offset with other important admission criteria even in the engineering admission arena.
You've stated that you don't understand the Nigerian grading system, so you don't exactly know what a third class translates to in CGPA yet you've made proclamations about what you can do for the applicant.

You need to first scope a problem before proclaiming a fix. I wish the applicant the best.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yomcy2016(f): 6:03am On Sep 15, 2017
Hi gbsunmonu, please I pm'd you. Can you kindly accept. Thanks.

gbsunmonu:
Application approved

Paper route
Applied Dec 6 , 2016
Medical mail and new LOA February 2017
Application denied May 3 2017
Application re-opened May 5 2017
Medical mail again August 14
Medical done August 15
Passport request 24
Approval mail August 30
8 months 24days

Msc Computer science

I was denied USA visa twice , UK once and Canada once

But my life is just Joel 2 : 25 to 26

God is faithful

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by efosases: 6:08am On Sep 15, 2017
My school is doing the same oh and also said the can not issue a new offer letter until February. Just wondering if the embassy now need a new offer letter, how would this be done.
Favourina87:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 6:14am On Sep 15, 2017
thesoj:

You've stated that you don't understand the Nigerian grading system, so you don't exactly know what a third class translates to in CGPA yet you've made proclamations about what you can do for the applicant.
You need to first scope a problem before proclaiming a fix. I wish the applicant the best.

I may not understand the Nigerian university grading system, but I know damn well about admission criteria in the west, having been part of that system for many years. It is not Nigeria where everything rests on grades alone. It depends on the big picture you paint before an admissions committee, than simply your grades. With the right essay and sterling recommendations from past professors and employers, reaearch proposal and justifications of why he didn't perform too well in college, I can assure you this person would be placed well on Canada's least competitive university/college for an engineering program. I feel he would better positioned for his TRV application than going before a VO with a third class and PGD. Anyways of this person contacts me and I am able to help, maybe this can be a precedent for the house. Anything is possible, the crime is not in trying.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ifechez: 6:29am On Sep 15, 2017
Good morning House. I wrote to my school for deferment since my trv is not yet out and they replied that the course I was given earlier is not offered in January that I can take another related course.
What will be the implication if I forward to CIC a deferment letter of an entirely new course different from the one I did the application with? Please I need advice. Tanx

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 6:34am On Sep 15, 2017
jnyuwa02:
I may not understand the Nigerian university grading system, but I know damn well about admission criteria in the west, having been part of that system for many years. It is not Nigeria where everything rests on grades alone. It depends on the big picture you paint before an admissions committee, than simply your grades. With the right essay and sterling recommendations from past professors and employers, reaearch proposal and justifications of why he didn't perform too well in college, I can assure you this person would be placed well on Canada's least competitive university/college for an engineering program. I feel he would better positioned for his TRV application than going before a VO with a third class and PGD. Anyways of this person contacts me and I am able to help, maybe this can be a precedent for the house. Anything is possible, the crime is not in trying.
Your enthusiasm is commendable bro.
But do keep in mind that your having lived in the west doesn't mean that your opinions about western topics/contexts should automatically be considered as credible. Having lived in the west doesn't grant anyone authority on all things western. E.g. most Americans don't know anything about how to get into an engineering graduate program in the US or Canada. International engineering grad students schooling in the US/Canada (or even well-read applicants) would know much more.

I should generally add that your observation that it's not only grades that matter is indeed correct, and this is something so many people on here have hammered on repeatedly (myself included). But a research proposal won't fix a third class. A research proposal sounds great on paper, having the skills to execute it is a different story altogether.

I would advise anyone reading this to not automatically take advice from anyone just because the person says they lived in America or Canada and therefore they are correct. Do your own research, and listen to people who have intellectual humility and are open to changing their minds if they find that their assumptions are incorrect. This includes me. Analyze what I say to see if it makes sense. Also, credible sources on the internet (e.g. CIC website, school websites, admissions officers, etc) are just a few clicks away.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 6:52am On Sep 15, 2017
thesoj:

Your enthusiasm is commendable bro.
But do keep in mind that your having lived in the west doesn't mean that your opinions about western topics/contexts should automatically be considered as credible. Having lived in the west doesn't grant anyone authority on all things western. E.g. most Americans don't know anything about how to get into an engineering graduate program in the US or Canada. International engineering grad students schooling in the US/Canada (or even well-read applicants) would know much more.

I should generally add that your observation that it's not only grades that matter is indeed correct, and this is something so many people on here have hammered on repeatedly (myself included). But a research proposal won't fix a third class. A research proposal sounds great on paper, having the skills to execute it is a different story altogether.

I would advise anyone reading this to not automatically take advice from anyone just because the person says they lived in America or Canada and therefore they are correct. Do your own research, and listen to people who have intellectual humility and are open to changing their minds if they find that their assumptions are incorrect. This includes me. Analyze what I say to see if it makes sense and also do your own research -- credible sources on the internet (e.g. CIC website, school websites, admissions officers, etc) are just a few clicks away.

Depends on the Americans you talk to. The taste of the food is in the eating. I have spoken from experience and can help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by BRANDYAK: 6:53am On Sep 15, 2017
Thanks very much bro

thesoj:

Why not she sell the land and the buyer deposit the funds into your account? You attach proof of the sale documents, attach proof of transfer from buyer's account into yours. Your sister in her sponsorship letter explains that the land was an investment and she sold it and authorized the buyer to deposit the money into your account.

If there's clear & concise proof and the explanation is clear and not sketchy, it won't be a red flag. Since she's also attaching her personal account then you'll be good. The key thing is making everything clear and unambiguous to the VO. Any excessively complicated explanation or unclear documentation increases your risk of denial for insufficient funds (at least this is what I'd do if I were a VO).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by chetchat101: 6:56am On Sep 15, 2017
Click on this link to watch a video interview on How to Study in Canada – Scholarships and Admission Process in Canada for Indian Students with Sarayu Kantheti of University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada. Watch to know how can I study in Canada and particularly How can I study in Canada for free.

Some of the questions answered in this interview include
1. How can I study in Canada, as an International Student?
2. Are there scholarships for studying in Canada?
3. How do I get admission in a university in Canada?
4. Which is the best university in Canada?
5. Why Study in Canada?
6. Cost of Studying in Canada
6. How is studying in Canada for Indian students
7. Which are the best colleges in Canada for MS, MBA, Engineering?
8. Study in Canada (Admission & Visa Process)
9. How much does it cost if we are not getting admission through scholarship?
10. Information about the tuition fee, living expenses etc?
11. What is the application process to apply to a university in Canada
12. Can we work while studying in Canada?
13. What are the job opportunities after finishing my studies in Canada?
14. How does the application process to Canada differ from that to USA and UK?
15. Can I get a full scholarship for studying in Canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpzqUnPejv0&list=PLB5ECDeclpYrVNKFbBwDmVzBprbTnbUev

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 7:38am On Sep 15, 2017
Derel.....Derel...derel. ....my beautiful sister from these thread

. ......wishing you a happy birthday and a prosperous day..don't worry by these time next year na canada u go celebrate your next birthday.....

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 7:48am On Sep 15, 2017
bronze25:

Sir thanks for your reply, I learnt alot from your post as I was also delayed on grounds of insufficient funds. But what about a situation where a person's maternal cousin wants to assist with living expenses by paying same into a dorm account but is not willing to provide documents like pay slip or SOA. How do i address the situation? Will a gift deed fly?
Thanks.
Oga Austineep, maziude & others please your advice would be appreciated.
Please can someone help me. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by patra91: 7:55am On Sep 15, 2017
hello house, I have two questions
1) at what point are we to pay for courier service? Is it at the point of submitting your application?

2)will one'as original passport be collected and kept throughout the processing time if applying via paper route?

thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Suplexx: 8:20am On Sep 15, 2017
princeadedayo:

You would possibly need to write GMAT or GRE if you want greater options. The only school that I know that's close to what you want is University of windsor, Masters of Management (International accounting and finance). No gmat or Gre needed. And it is 16 months.

Cheers

If I do a 16 months course, would I be allowed to stay and work in Canada after graduation?

Secondly, do you know any good GMAT/GRE lecture center in Lagos? I left school many years ago and I am so rusty academically

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.