Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,821 members, 7,806,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (825410 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 11, 2017
Elvis6789:
PLEASE SAVE A SOUL !!!
Am really having issues concerning my reference letters. My school (University of Regina) is only requesting for cooperate email addresses for references. At first I submitted two cooperate email addresses from two lecturers in my school not knowing they are not functioning, so the lecturers couldn't access the email any longer, according to them, the problem just developed suddenly.
As a result of this, I had to switch over to using the post office, but the problem here is that I can't change their email addresses I submitted to University of Regina and am scared of the consequence. Secondly, will I be penalized for changing from sending through email to mail (I mean posting the letters). Finally, also scared of the possible delay by the post office. Will the letters be able to reach as they are yet to send them but it will be sent on Thursday 15th December. Deadline is 15th January 2018. Writing from Abuja.

Your contribution is greatly appreciated.

Hello,

Contact your graduate advisor and explain to him/her. You cannot be penalized for changing your referees' email addresses. In fact, graduate advisors are always willing to assist prospective students and to provide answers to their questions.

You can use EMS speedpost. It is cheaper than other courier services/companies and it is reliable too.

I wish you the best! smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 10:07am On Dec 11, 2017
Officialcomo:

Hello Jeremy,

I didn’t get a response from you again. I’m guessing you’re occupied since then. Get back to me when you can. Thanks.

I am too busy so sorry. Too many PMs. That is why I prefer we sort it out here where everyone can learn and avert the process of contacting me in the first place(except it is too important and confidential to ask here). Please what is your question?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vtoluwalope: 10:27am On Dec 11, 2017
Morning all,

I am about applying for my study visa.... I have a family friend that wants to sponsor me and she has an account balance of 20 million naira.... Is it necessary to include my mum as a co sponsor with an account balance of 6 million naira

Pls i need your reply.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 10:57am On Dec 11, 2017
vtoluwalope:
Morning all,

I am about applying for my study visa.... I have a family friend that wants to sponsor me and she has an account balance of 20 million naira.... Is it necessary to include my mum as a co sponsor with an account balance of 6 million naira

Pls i need your reply.....

Yes, include your mother as co-sponsor. Her financial commitment though small, is more reliable.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ken124: 11:15am On Dec 11, 2017
Good morning all,
Pls I want to apply for memorial university,Canada for master's they are asking for English proficiency should be presented.
Saw this on there site
**International students who have completed secondary schooling, an undergraduate degree program, or a graduate degree program at a recognized institution where the language of instruction is English are advised to provide a letter from their university stating the language of instruction.
All other international students will have to provide minimum scores from acceptable standardized(tofel,ilts,cael) etc**

Please must I do tofel or should I go and collect letter from my school,I have a B.sc industrial mathematics university of lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vtoluwalope: 11:16am On Dec 11, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Yes include you mother as co-sponsor. Her financial commitment though small is more reliable.

Thank you...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Josh1996: 11:18am On Dec 11, 2017
Good morning bosses, sorry that am asking so many questions but it's better to ask than to live in ignorance. Pls is there any major difference between M.ENG and MASC and would going for an M.ENG program become a stumbling block when I want to apply for a PhD program in the future. Thanks and God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jfan(m): 11:32am On Dec 11, 2017
Ken124:
Good morning all,
Pls I want to apply for memorial university,Canada for master's they are asking for English proficiency should be presented.
Saw this on there site
**International students who have completed secondary schooling, an undergraduate degree program, or a graduate degree program at a recognized institution where the language of instruction is English are advised to provide a letter from their university stating the language of instruction.
All other international students will have to provide minimum scores from acceptable standardized(tofel,ilts,cael) etc**

Please must I do tofel or should I go and collect letter from my school,I have a B.sc industrial mathematics university of lagos

You don't need to do TOEFL, an English Proficiency Letter from your university will do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ken124: 12:04pm On Dec 11, 2017
jfan:

You don't need to do TOEFL, an English Proficiency Letter from your university will do.

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by HiredGames(m): 12:14pm On Dec 11, 2017
Josh1996:
Good morning bosses, sorry that am asking so many questions but it's better to ask than to live in ignorance. Pls is there any major difference between M.ENG and MASC and would going for an M.ENG program become a stumbling block when I want to apply for a PhD program in the future. Thanks and God bless

It depends.

Normally, M.Eng programmes are coursework based programmes offering little or no research experience, while M.Sc are supposed to be research based programmes.

It becomes more complex as we now have Course based M.Sc, Thesis/Research Based M.Sc(Many universities fall in this category), and Course Based M.Eng, Thesis/Research Based M.Eng (Memorial University of Newfoundland, University of Calgary).

Like I said, it depends. So you should take pain to carefully review the school/department's website, maybe write them if you need more clarity.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ken124: 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2017
Memorial University of Newfoundland can the tution fees be paid semester by semester or at ones for the whole program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by holythug(m): 1:13pm On Dec 11, 2017
good day all,

I have seen the good work in this thread and i commend the contributors, God bless you all...

I have several questions
I got an admission in Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, Academic Upgrading but i intend to study IT management after the upgrading course, I currently work as an IT User support personnel, i have a bachelor's degree in Education, i have also paid for the non-refundable tuition deposit and i am about to apply for the study permit/visa, ...i dont have enough funds in my account to show but i earn 165k/month
1. do i stand a chance of getting a visa
2. if i am using my employer as my sponsor, do i need to present the company's SoA?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 11, 2017
holythug:
good day all,

I have seen the good work in this thread and i commend the contributors, God bless you all...

I have several questions
I got an admission in Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, Academic Upgrading but i intend to study IT management after the upgrading course, I currently work as an IT User support personnel, I have a bachelor's degree in Education, i have also paid for the non-refundable tuition deposit and i am about to apply for the study permit/visa, ...i dont have enough funds in my account to show but i earn 165k/month
1. do i stand a chance of getting a visa
2. if i am using my employer as my sponsor, do i need to present the company's SoA?

1. "Purpose of visit" issue is loading already.

2. Can you explain to the Visa Officer why your employer would want to spend millions of naira to sponsor you?

#Justmyopinion smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by holythug(m): 1:58pm On Dec 11, 2017
February 2018 will make it 3 years that i have been working in the firm! but i ll also like to clarify that i will be paying part
GlitteringStar:

1. "Purpose of visit" issue loading already. Please elaborate?

2. Can you explain to the Visa Officer why your employer would want to spend millions of naira to sponsor you?

#JustmyOpinion smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 11, 2017
holythug:
February 2018 will make it 3 years that i have been working in the firm! but i ll also like to clarify that i will be paying part

Kindly find below @Osemigho's post.

Osemigho: Prove of why sponsor you in millions in recession. What the company believe you will do to the company on your arrival? Is there anything in your proposed field that your company is hoping to know how it is handled in Canada? I hope your current position correlate with your propose field and future position in the company. I hope you have good number of years in the company. Like more than 5 years. In short, close to 10 years or more. Cos it shows you what you have committed to the company to deserve the scholarship from them. I hope your company account is very fat with good and explainable inflow. Generally, it must show with evidence, via awards, achievement and long years of working for the company, that you have done a big thing for the company and deserve the scholarship. If an ordinary person cannot read your letter and be convinced, don't bother, change sponsor.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 11, 2017
Ken124:
Memorial University of Newfoundland can the tution fees be paid semester by semester or at ones for the whole program
No you pay by Year.
But sonetimes you dont get asked to pay before you get your Visa.
I know a couple of people who got visa without paying.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 11, 2017
Yes for MUN in the past 2 years its compulsory to do An English Language Test .
quote author=Ken124 post=63179020]Good morning all,
Saw this on there site

Please must I do tofel or should I go and collect letter from my school,I have a B.sc industrial mathematics university of lagos[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by holythug(m): 2:17pm On Dec 11, 2017
@GlitteringStar
I was promoted January this year, i also won the most resourceful staff last year, as i said, i got admitted for academic upgrading which is a refresher course, my main course of intent is 'IT management', which will follow after i complete academic upgrading course, ...its already sounding like a dead on arrival deal using my employer as sponsor
GlitteringStar:

Kindly find below @Osemigho's post.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2017
holythug:
@GlitteringStar
I was promoted January this year, i also won the most resourceful staff last year, as i said, i got admitted for academic upgrading which is a refresher course, my main course of intent is 'IT management', which will follow after i complete academic upgrading course, ...its already sounding like a dead on arrival deal using my employer as sponsor

Why an upgrading course?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ebirimonyinye(f): 2:24pm On Dec 11, 2017
Your contribution is greatly appreciated. [/quote]

Did they ask you to post the letters?
Well, They requested for the official email because they want your referees to fill the reference form directly and send back to them.
Well I had the same issue with Brock University, I simply filled the official institution mail but after they told me they had sent the emails, I emailed the school and explained that my referees had issues accessing their emails because the institution email is not functioning at the moment. Then i asked if I can send their personal emails.
And lo and behold the response was shocking because I wasn't expecting it.
The lady simply told me that I should send it and boom that was how we solved that problem.
I think you should do same maybe it would work.
Don't panic Okay?? @Elvis6789
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by holythug(m): 2:27pm On Dec 11, 2017
Thanks for your insightful comments @ GlitteringStar, like i said....i have a bachelor degree in education, i work as an IT support personnel, i am trying to switch lanes, due to my career
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dorisdili: 2:34pm On Dec 11, 2017
Please house, what is the possibility of getting visa if I pay just one semester fees before applying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 11, 2017
holythug:
Thanks for your insightful comments @ GlitteringStar, like i said....i have a bachelor degree in education, i work as an IT support personnel, i am trying to switch lanes, due to my career

You are welcome. An issue with Canadian study permit is that you must be able to explain the reason for the career change. The Visa Officer will want to know why you are interested in that particular course and how you will utilize it when you return. @Austinpee4 expatiated more on purpose of visit in this post.

With regard to the sponsor's issue, I believe you can get an idea from Osemigho's post which I posted earlier. You must be able to explain to the Visa Officer why your employer would want to spend millions of naira to sponsor you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dorisdili: 3:19pm On Dec 11, 2017
Please I had a 2.1(4.0 cgpa) in computer science but I got admission for pgd, I went for pgd because I didn't find universities in Canada that offers msc information technology business which is what I always wanted to study. will this be an impediment as to why pgd instead of masters for the VOs. Also what are my chances of getting approved if I pay just one semester fees. Please I need answers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Tweesy: 4:22pm On Dec 11, 2017
Pls any one been in this shoe before?
After the approval and submitting my passport, I was contacted to submit the old and expired passport which I used in the application so I did that on Friday.
Ticket price keeps hicking daily.i am skired that to my destination it is like 1m as at today.
Can I book a ticket today even when I haven’t gotten the visa or you advise I wait till I get the visa and the price keeps hicking.
��Funny enough,since the approval I have been checking my cic account to confirm I can still see the approval and the letter to submit the passport.not because I am a doubting Thomas but I presume the canada immigration are just trying to be organize.
So please contribute so I make a decision from there....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 11, 2017
First, Do you want to do this?
Are you convinced enough to do it?
Age or any consular officer can't stop you if you want to.
Study the stuffs ,here.
Learn and learn what to do.
Above All, Give it to God.
I await your Testimony
quote author=galileeteo post=63001521]Please gurus in the house

Please , I really need advice and direction. Am 28yrs and waec is my highest level since I left high school in 2008. Recently, I got admitted into Canadian college, please what are my chances of getting a study permit. To be honest, travel agents have really discouraged me with their '[/b]you have pass the age limit[b] '. Please guys, what should I do at this point??[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 6:19pm On Dec 11, 2017
Phunmmiee:
First, Do you want to do this?
Are you convinced enough to do it?
Age or any consular officer can't stop you if you want to.
Study the stuffs ,here.
Learn and learn what to do.
Above All, Give it to God.
I await your Testimony
quote author=galileeteo post=63001521]Please gurus in the house

Please , I really need advice and direction. Am 28yrs and waec is my highest level since I left high school in 2008. Recently, I got admitted into Canadian college, please what are my chances of getting a study permit. To be honest, travel agents have really discouraged me with their '[/b]you have pass the age limit[b] '. Please guys, what should I do at this point??

Just have faith...i am also the age as u...but i have Hnd in Accounting....so am applying with HND and uni regina gave me BSC in bizness Admin....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 6:20pm On Dec 11, 2017
Plz who is orisky7
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 11, 2017
Good day house, please I need a little clarification.
I am asked to submit three reference letters to a school in Canada, one of which should not be a 3rd professor. Does this mean the other two should be a professor by rank or they can be any of my lecturers. I just want to be sure because my two academic referees are not professors yet. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 7:22pm On Dec 11, 2017
Tweesy:
Pls any one been in this shoe before?
After the approval and submitting my passport, I was contacted to submit the old and expired passport which I used in the application so I did that on Friday.
Ticket price keeps hicking daily.i am skired that to my destination it is like 1m as at today.
Can I book a ticket today even when I haven’t gotten the visa or you advise I wait till I get the visa and the price keeps hicking.
��Funny enough,since the approval I have been checking my cic account to confirm I can still see the approval and the letter to submit the passport.not because I am a doubting Thomas but I presume the canada immigration are just trying to be organize.
So please contribute so I make a decision from there....

Hello ! Congrats on your approval. Buy your ticket now. Use the biodata page of your valid passport for this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Osemigho: 7:55pm On Dec 11, 2017
holythug:

It may be irrelevant to your question but I will advise you keep your admission and apply for Permanent Residency through express entry. You stand better visa chances, less fees, more scholarship opportunities, etc.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lemia(m): 10:36pm On Dec 11, 2017
Hi guys, I've been going through this thread for a while now but now I need advice on certain issues.
I'm planning to study by Fall-2018

1. I secured a supervisor at the University of Waterloo to study Systems Design Engineering (masc) and he agreed to fund my studies. I'm a First Class graduate of University of Ibadan. At this stage, what are my chances of getting admission and what must I do to make it happen.

2. I got a professor at the University of Toronto who said he only has funding for top applicants but looking at my profile, I'm clearly a top applicant but his final decision will be based on several things. The question is I have money to apply to only 2 schools. Is it smart to apply to UofT based on this current statement from the supervisor? Considering it's a very competitive school.

If yes, what do I do to ensure I get accepted by him and admitted.
If no I'll have to continue emailing supervisors because I've not gotten any elsewhere and deadlines are fast approaching.

Thanks a bunch for the much anticipated helpful responses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.