Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (825722 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 5:25pm On Jan 15, 2018
rotormast:
**Applicants for Canadian visas will be checked against U.S. databases**

Saw this and would like to confirm how true it is because i have a dual passport and have once applied for U.S visa on one of my passport and was denied 5 years ago. I didn't declare the denial in my Canadian visa form because i am applying with my second passport.. should i be worried? Genuine Opinions and criticism willl he appreciated
send a mail to cic immediately to let them know you made a mistake by not saying you have been denied visa in the past by another country(UNITED STATES) then pray they accept your apology. If you don't mail them ASAP they will still know and you might end getting a 5year ban.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 5:28pm On Jan 15, 2018
rotormast:

Bless you.. thanks alot
send an email to cic immediately to let them know you made a mistake by not stating it in your application if not you might end up getting a 5year ban. Mail them IMMEDIATELY and pray they accept
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Yomicee: 6:42pm On Jan 15, 2018
Yomicee:
Good day everyone, pls I need your help with the diploma program I could run. I graduated with a PASS and I wanted to know if I could use my ‘O’ level result to apply or add my transcript. Pls I need you guys help on how to go about it. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Holabisi: 8:32pm On Jan 15, 2018
Hi, please I'm on my study permit application do I need to fill the IMM 5257(TRV, visitor form).

Im an online applicant ..iv filled the study permit and family information

Thank you...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by rotormast: 8:49pm On Jan 15, 2018
mcobex:
send an email to cic immediately to let them know you made a mistake by not stating it in your application if not you might end up getting a 5year ban. Mail them IMMEDIATELY and pray they accept

Wow..thanks alot.. i will do so.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mrversatile: 10:33pm On Jan 15, 2018
Good day
Please I'm about applying for a study visa. I got admission to study Environmental Engineering Technology (advanced diploma program). I graduated in 2014 (Bsc Geology)and finished NYSC in 2016 and all the jobs I have had post nysc are contract offers with not too much to show for financially. Do I need still need to declare my SOA. My sponsors are my Dad and an uncle who doesn't share the same surname with me(They both have landed properties). Please how do I go about meeting all requirements. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 15, 2018
[quote author=Yomicee post=64226496][/quote]

Check the school website and the diploma course you want to apply for. You will see their requirements.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 15, 2018
mrversatile:
Good day
Please I'm about applying for a study visa. I got admission to study Environmental Engineering Technology (advanced diploma program). I graduated in 2014 (Bsc Geology)and finished NYSC in 2016 and all the jobs I have had post nysc are contract offers with not too much to show for financially. Do I need still need to declare my SOA. My sponsors are my Dad and an uncle who doesn't share the same surname with me(They both have landed properties). Please how do I go about meeting all requirements. Thanks

These are the reasons VOs are using to delay applicants:

1. Purpose of Visit
2. Home tie
3. Current employment, personal assets and financial status
4. Insufficient fund
5. Travel history.

You can see No. 3 (financial status). So you need to show your own SOA. Ask your sponsor to pay into your personal acct your living expense (about c$10k). Print and submit the SOA with that of your sponsor. Let your sponsor also address the transfer in his sponsorship letter.

Best of luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by zamirikpo(m): 3:51am On Jan 16, 2018
Wonder ful you guyz are doing. I am following the thread gradually from page 1.

But a quick question how much would it cost,minimum to go study is Canada.

General overview of how much a person should have if he intends doing his masters in Canada. Tuition ...accomodation.....living expenses.....etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:41am On Jan 16, 2018
mrversatile:
Good day

Yes declare your SOA, no matter how little you have. Since you are not sponsoring yourself, this should matter only little. The real scrutiny is on your sponsor's account. It is okay for your uncle not to have the same last name as you. Make sure he includes a sponsor reference explaining who he is and why he is deciding to suddenly spend so much money on you. Landed documents from both, especially your dad, would help your case. Why you going for advance diploma instead of a master's degree should be explained. Why you decided to study the course in Canada? Can it not be studied in Nigeria? What do you hope to do with your education after graduation? All should be addressed and good luck!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kaze4blues(m): 6:31am On Jan 16, 2018
Please how are academic references contacted by institutions in Canada?

Is it by mail or phone call? My references have not been contacted yet so I'm getting worried?

How long can it take?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by godsong(f): 6:43am On Jan 16, 2018
CookieLaVee:
Good morning wonderful people. Please i need to clear this up. I applied to University of Sask. and i am in the process of uploading documents. On my admission page on PAWS, i can only see few documents to upload but was on the page for "required documents" to upload, i see

CV/ Resume
Degree Certificates
GMAT Preliminary or GRE Preliminary
Post-secondary Transcripts
Preliminary Statement of Marks
Program of Study
Proof of English Proficiency
Publication
Ranking Document
Reference Letters
Research Statement
Statement/Letter of Intent
Statement of Financial Support
Supplemental Application Form
Thesis Abstract
U of S Degree Completion Letter
I can even see a Pre-Screen Form on the list of "required documents" to upload but i cant see it on my "Requirements" on my "application summary page". With the exception of few documents(For PhD) and EILTS, I think i should upload others but there is no slot for me to upload them.

Also, i remember i wrote to graduate school asking if i need an English proficiency Test but i got a reply that i dont need, yet it is appearing on my list of required document to upload, and if i dont upload anything, my application status will still be reading "Oustanding Documents."

Anybody went through this? Please advise.

Thank you.
Sorry I just saw this, I should have been of help before the 15th deadline. If you don’t have ielts all you need to do is to go to this website www.whed.net and type in your university name and search, if it show English language as means of teaching. Then you mail the school stating the name of institution and that you studied for more than 3years.. they will update that part and exempt you from the ielts.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jephehe: 7:37am On Jan 16, 2018
Pls Urgent Attention;

kaze4blues:

Is it by mail or phone call? My references have not been contacted yet so I'm getting worried?

How long can it take?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cecechi: 8:49am On Jan 16, 2018
Holabisi:
Hi, please I'm on my study permit application do I need to fill the IMM 5257(TRV, visitor form).

Im an online applicant ..iv filled the study permit and family information

Thank you...
i dont think so, unless you have a family member travelling with you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 16, 2018
kaze4blues:

How long can it take?

Thanks

Most schools in Canada will email the reference form to your referees to fill. Others like MUN will require you to download the form from the school website and send to your referee to fill and email to the school.

2-3 days after you submit your application and application fee confirmed, the school should email your referees. If your referees have not recieved the reference form after a week, confirm if your referee's email Id is correct and valid. You can also contact your school and let them know about this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by psalm136: 9:42am On Jan 16, 2018
gdmn all d gurus in d house.i jst got t kw abt dis educating thread abt 2 wks ago after submitin my app for stud permt.MSc.pls my seniors,I nid ur candid advice asap.I applied 3wks bak bt i jst realised few days ago; I tickd no instead of yes on d questn ve u bin denied visa b4?I was refused us tourist/biz visa in 2014.sincerely,i didnt remember it.i don't jst kW wot t do now.am so confused.pls help a troubled soul plsssss.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 16, 2018
godsong:

Sorry I just saw this, I should have been of help before the 15th deadline. If you don’t have ielts all you need to do is to go to this website www.whed.net and type in your university name and search, if it show English language as means of teaching. Then you mail the school stating the name of institution and that you studied for more than 3years.. they will update that part and exempt you from the ielts.
Thanks for your kind response. I have already sent a mail to them, I was told to upload whatever I can, should they need more documents, I would be contacted.
Please what deadline are you talking about?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tylerwill: 11:15am On Jan 16, 2018
Hope & Love
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 11:42am On Jan 16, 2018
psalm136:
gdmn all d gurus in d house.i jst got t kw abt dis educating thread abt 2 wks ago after submitin my app for stud permt.MSc.pls my seniors,I nid ur candid advice asap.I applied 3wks bak bt i jst realised few days ago; I tickd no instead of yes on d questn ve u bin denied visa b4?I was refused us tourist/biz visa in 2014.sincerely,i didnt remember it.i don't jst kW wot t do now.am so confused.pls help a troubled soul plsssss.

How can one forget an important detail like that? Well, the deed has been done. You risk being banned for 3 to 5 years for MISREPRESENTATION. I do not know the way out but someone on this trend suggested to send a mail to the processing centre in Accra, Ghana and hope they forgive your error. I don't know if this works.

Best regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 12:54pm On Jan 16, 2018
psalm136:
Though this question has been answered before but let me answer again. Mail cic now and explain to them, you can tell them you thought the question was if you had been denied study visa before (since the one you got denied for was tourist/biz). The earlier you mail them the better for you. Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tall2ce(m): 1:33pm On Jan 16, 2018
Can I get a scholarship to study Msc in Canada? My CGPA is 3.71/5.00 kindly be of help am new on this thread and I want to use DIY route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kindaguy(m): 2:28pm On Jan 16, 2018
PLS I WOULD LIKE TO ASK, IS IT ALL SCHOOLS THAT REQUIRES YOU TO PAY HALF OR FULL PAYMENT OF FEES BEFORE RESUMPTION??

AND PLEASE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW STEPS ON HOW TO APPLY FOR A CANADIAN STUDY VISA....

PLEASE I NEED ANSWERS URGENTLY

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kaze4blues(m): 2:49pm On Jan 16, 2018
Slik07:

Most schools in Canada will email the reference form to your referees to fill. Others like MUN will require you to download the form from the school website and send to your referee to fill and email to the school.

2-3 days after you submit your application and application fee confirmed, the school should email your referees. If your referees have not recieved the reference form after a week, confirm if your referee's email Id is correct and valid. You can also contact your school and let them know about this.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lyrondee: 3:19pm On Jan 16, 2018
kindaguy:
PLS I WOULD LIKE TO ASK, IS IT ALL SCHOOLS THAT REQUIRES YOU TO PAY HALF OR FULL PAYMENT OF FEES BEFORE RESUMPTION??

AND PLEASE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW STEPS ON HOW TO APPLY FOR A CANADIAN STUDY VISA....

Gurus please do justice to this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cecechi: 3:34pm On Jan 16, 2018
tall2ce:
Can I get a scholarship to study Msc in Canada? My CGPA is 3.71/5.00 kindly be of help am new on this thread and I want to use DIY route
Hello, the answer is yes but competitive.
Incase you want to ask the schools in canada: either you read from thread 1 like most of us here did(i know its stressful but possible) or you could click on this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html , it shows you the list of designated learning institutions in canada by province. you can find out the course you are looking for and scholarships
Incase you stay in abuja or lagos, there is an ongoing educanada fair, you could meet up with schools and ask, hope this helps
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 3:40pm On Jan 16, 2018
To your first question, the answer is No.
To your second question, helpful links can be found on the 1st page of this thread.
kindaguy:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cecechi: 3:42pm On Jan 16, 2018
kindaguy:

Hello, this particular question has been answered if you read from thread 1, but to answer on the steps, you can click 10 steps back on part 13 and see documents to submit (from documents submitted by people who have their Trv approved).... and to know steps https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/apply.html
To answer the fee payment question, it is dependent on schools and for study permit it is dependent on Statement of account but some pay and get the study permit, while some dont pay and equally get study permit. hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cecechi: 4:00pm On Jan 16, 2018
Hello everyone, For those that come here saying that they are new to the forum and ask ambiguous questions, i just want to let you understand that being new to a place doesn't prevent you from mastering the environment before asking questions or taking actions, in this case READ. Please if you cannot read from thread 1 like most of us did, you could try by actually putting these questions on google, its not right to always spoon feed people with answers, you could start up something and someone on the forum can help you out. You want schools, take it to google, pick the ones you feel relate to your aspiration and pocket, then you can bring it here for people who have applied to those schools or are attending those schools to give their advice. Try and help yourself, so that when you achieve you will smile back at your effort, no matter how little it is smiley

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Pyale: 4:20pm On Jan 16, 2018
Like I promised, here is my testimony. Apologies for the long post.
Visa approved, passport arrived today! Want to say a very big thank you for every contributor here. Although I applied too late, considering my school resumed Monday 8th Jan., God surprised me by doing it in His on way! He says, people say it takes up to 20 weeks right?, I will make yours 5 weeks! THANK YOU ALL.

Application details:
Application route: Online
Submitted: November 29th, 2017
Biometrics: December 4th, 2017
Upfront Medical: November 20th, 2017
Medical passed: December 29th, 2017
Approved: January 3rd, 2018 (exactly 5 weeks after) followed by passport request
Passport submitted via UPS next day, Jan. 4th.
Passport with TRV returned January 15th, 2018.

Documents Submitted:

1. Study Permit Application Forms
• IMM 5483
• IMM 1294E
• IMM 5645E
• IMM5257B_1_2

2. ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
• International foundation certificate
• Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
• University Transcripts
• WAEC Result
• NYSC Discharge Certificate
• Certificate of Attainment in IT skills

3. PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
• Passport Photograph
• Curriculum Vitae
• Data page of my international passport and pages of my expired leave to remain (for study purpose) in the UK
• Birth Certificate
• Statement of Purpose
• Letter of Explanation – both SOP and LOE very comprehensive, clarifying everything to the VO
• Police Certificate
• Upfront Medical certificate
• Personal Statement of Account from my UK Lloyds Bank (£418) – very small amount, but it adds value to the application.

4. VOLUNTARY ROLE AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT ACHIEVEMENTS (submitted to show that apart from studying, there are other things I have passion for)
• Reference letter from Newcastle City Council, UK (as part of my London2012 Olympic Games Newcastle Ambassador Role)
• Reference letter from North of Tyne NHS’ Patients Advice and Liaison Services (PALS) as part of my voluntary role
• Thank You letter from UK Prime Minister (Then David Cameron) for taking part in London2012 Olympic Games as a Newcastle Ambassador
• Diploma Certificate in web design
• Certificate of Completion in HTML fundamentals
• Certificate of Completion in PHP fundamentals
• Certificate of Diligence and Faithfulness from my church

5. SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
• University Letter of Admission
• Funding letter (25k CAD, tuition to be remitted from research grant of supervisor)

6. SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS (Sponsor is my father)
• Letter of Sponsorship
• Affidavit of Sponsorship
• Sponsor’s Statement of Account (900k – So only used like N1.1M, including my £418 to apply. However little your resources may be, just apply and put your trust and confidence in God! There is no harm in trying.)
• Employment, letter of promotion and statutory retirement letter (to confirm he’s still being paid his pension), and data page of international passport of my father
• Evidence of the landed properties owned by my father

7. PRAYERS, PRAYERS AND FASTING!!!

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Anike22: 5:12pm On Jan 16, 2018
Pyale:
Visa approved, passport arrived today! Want to say a very big thank you for every contributor here. Although I applied too late, considering my school resumed Monday 8th Jan., God surprised me by doing it in His on way! He says, people say it takes up to 20 weeks right?, I will make yours 5 weeks! THANK YOU ALL.

Application details:
Approved: January 3rd, 2018 (exactly 5 weeks after) followed by passport request

Documents Submitted:

• IMM 5483
• IMM 1294E
• IMM 5645E
• IMM5257B_1_2

2. ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
• University Transcripts
• WAEC Result

3. PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
• Passport Photograph
• Curriculum Vitae
• Data page of my international passport and pages of my expired leave to remain (for study purpose) in the UK
• Birth Certificate
• Statement of Purpose
• Letter of Explanation – both SOP and LOE very comprehensive, clarifying everything to the VO
• Police Certificate
• Personal Statement of Account from my UK Lloyds Bank (£418) – very small amount, but it adds value to the application.

4. VOLUNTARY ROLE AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT ACHIEVEMENTS (submitted to show that apart from studying, there are other things I have passion for)
• Reference letter from Newcastle City Council, UK (as part of my London2012 Olympic Games Newcastle Ambassador Role)
• Reference letter from North of Tyne NHS’ Patients Advice and Liaison Services (PALS) as part of my voluntary role
• Thank You letter from UK Prime Minister (Then David Cameron) for taking part in London2012 Olympic Games as a Newcastle Ambassador

5. SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
• Funding letter (25k CAD, tuition to be remitted from research grant of supervisor)

• Letter of Sponsorship
• Sponsor’s Statement of Account (900k – So only used like N1.1M, including my £418 to apply. However little your resources may be, just apply and put your trust and confidence in God! There is no harm in trying.)
• Employment, letter of promotion and statutory retirement letter (to confirm he’s still being paid his pension), and data page of international passport of my father

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Anike22: 5:32pm On Jan 16, 2018
Pyale:

Application details:

Documents Submitted:

• IMM 5483
• IMM 1294E
• IMM 5645E
• IMM5257B_1_2

2. ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
• University Transcripts
• WAEC Result

3. PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
• Passport Photograph
• Curriculum Vitae
• Birth Certificate
• Statement of Purpose
• Police Certificate

5. SCHOOL DOCUMENTS

• Letter of Sponsorship

Congratulations pyale!!!!
I cant wait to share mine too by Gods grace��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 6:34pm On Jan 16, 2018
mcobex:
Though this question has been answered before but let me answer again. Mail cic now and explain to them, you can tell them you thought the question was if you had been denied study visa before (since the one you got denied for was tourist/biz). The earlier you mail them the better for you. Best of luck
Baba, don't you think this advise would give other people a reason to misrepresent and later send an email to CIC to feign ignorance to the 'clearly'asked question?

I still don't believe anybody 'forgets' to answer the question correctly. There are other questions on the IMM1294 form and it is usually answered correctly, why then would a question of a previous refusal be forgotten more so when applicants applied for the refused visa themselves or had knowledge of a refusal or the mere fact that they wanted to travel before but things didn't go as planned. These memories live for a lifetime!

Anyway, Truth is, CIC will hardly respond and accept such errors. The immigration laws very well covers such acts with a corresponding consequence. Officers will use their discretion and interpretation of such act of misrepresentation. It's simply to uphold their existing laws and regulation. So the right thing for an applicant that 'forgets' to declare a previous refusal is to wait for a response from CIC. We have seen cases of severe to no consequences in time past but not without a procedural fairness letter.

So to all those 'forgetting', una weldone o. Kindly note that the more of these cases of misrepresentation, the stringent the scrutiny is for all category of visas to Canada. They just don't trust Nigerians completely. I guess nobody would want to make it even harder.

Declare any previous app refused. There is nothing wrong in that. As a matter of fact, it gives credibility to the overall processing of an application.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.