Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (824046 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yamen21(m): 4:36pm On Jan 18, 2018
@mcobex. I sent you a pm. please reply my message. I will be grateful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 18, 2018
How can I tackle this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lukuluku101(m): 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2018
Hi everyone!
I haven't been following this thread; I just stumbled upon it minutes ago so please forgive me if my question has already been asked/discussed.

Please what are the available options for first timers like myself intending to relocate to Canada? Like, where do I even start the process from?

I'm a BSc holder in Industrial Mathematics from a Nigerian University. I've never worked with my certificate, but I've been doing fairly well as an entrepreneur. I thought to enroll for a course in enterprise development but the tuition is not encouraging.

Please I'll appreciate any help with how to go about it. Are there also courses/programs not costing more than 3million I can enroll for?

How helpful would the course/program be in getting a job after graduation?

Or should I apply for as a visitor/tourist then begin any applications there?

Please help...anyone?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 18, 2018
I'm sorry to ask this o, is your Bsc 2nd class upper?

lukuluku101:
Hi everyone!
I haven't been following this thread; I just stumbled upon it minutes ago so please forgive me if my question has already been asked/discussed.

Please what are the available options for first timers like myself intending to relocate to Canada? Like, where do I even start the process from?

I'm a BSc holder in Industrial Mathematics from a Nigerian University. I've never worked with my certificate, but I've been doing fairly well as an entrepreneur. I thought to enroll for a course in enterprise development but the tuition is not encouraging.

Please I'll appreciate any help with how to go about it. Are there also courses/programs not costing more than 3million I can enroll for?

Please help...anyone?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 18, 2018
If the 3m is just for school fees then you should get a school to go with that amount and mind you for one academic year ni o, And you need to budget another $10,000 CAD for living expenses..the gurus here will contribute more to it when they come online. That's just my opinion sir

lukuluku101:
Hi everyone!

Please help...anyone?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 18, 2018
mcobex:
Cc: @lovelywings what type of visa to the US do you have? if it is visiting visa then you can't apply from the US but if you have a study visa then you can apply from the US. Using visiting visa to a country to apply is a RED flag and won't help your case
Sorry I quoted you to correct a notion, I applied from the US with a visitor's visa and I just received my medical mail. Now the issue is that am back in Nigeria, Can I do the medical in Nigeria or must it be US
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by keduduka1234: 9:30pm On Jan 18, 2018
Some schools take in 2.2...
you just need to package your application well to convince them

Abiodunne:

Sir how sure are you? What lies the fate of sum1 who has a 2.2 and cannot get into masters directly because admission into most Canadian universities are very competitive then goes thru the PGD route with the intention of finally going for a masters?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by drdamy(m): 9:42pm On Jan 18, 2018
WHICH IS BETTER APPLYING ONLINE OR PAPER
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2018
drdamy:
Whichever you desire!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Awas: 10:23pm On Jan 18, 2018
I have an Mba since 2010 for a Nigerian school with over 13 years of work experience . This time I have admission for mba. But concentration in entrepreneurship and innovation. Do you think I stand a chance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jonaslokk: 10:32pm On Jan 18, 2018
drdamy:
Don't think "Better" is the word
But definitely ONLINE

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 18, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by emmy4Gold: 12:21am On Jan 19, 2018
Good evening everyone in this noble house, pls... has anyone who submitted the pre-qualification form for MEng applicant in Mechanical Engineering at the university of Saskatchewan gotten a feedback either from the department or potential supervisor to formally apply online.

Congratulations to those who have been able to secure admission grin... God will perfect the TRV... aspect IJN Amen.

My testimony is on the way IJN Amen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kelvotemi: 12:54am On Jan 19, 2018
Good morning everyone,
Please I need a candid advice. I studied biochemistry in the University but I'm trying to change my line of studies to Nursing, my question is
1. What do I need to do in other not to be denied?, I got admission into Keyano College after two years I will be transferred to the University of Albert .
2. I'm married and I have two kids, can I apply with them, if so what are my chances? They are 4years and 2years old.
Please I need a genuine advice because I'm planning to apply by next week.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dominic147(m): 2:26am On Jan 19, 2018
Good day house. I just received my gcms letter now. Please house help me wade into this cos I'm about to reapply very soon. Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:24am On Jan 19, 2018
OriEyeLe:
Good morning bro, mistake was from previous application, I'm planning to reapply February ending.

You don't have a problem, just make sure you don't make same this time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:28am On Jan 19, 2018
Abiodunne:

Sir how sure are you? What lies the fate of sum1 who has a 2.2 and cannot get into masters directly because admission into most Canadian universities are very competitive then goes thru the PGD route with the intention of finally going for a masters?
Just like I said, PGD does not qualify you for MSc in Canada (is stand to be corrected), so if you can't get masters with your UG grade then apply for PGD and state is in your sop why you are going for PGD instead of masters (that you couldn't secure admission for masters) but have it in mind that the PGD won't qualify you for masters. NB: You can still get a job with your PGD cert after school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:31am On Jan 19, 2018
Lemia:
Hi guys, great job so far with the help.

I have another inquiry and I'll love expert opinion.

I applied to the University of Waterloo some time ago for admission in Fall 2018. I got a reply from my supervisor that I've been accepted into the masters program with full funding and the admission letter and funding details will be sent to me later.

Considering the relationship I've built with my professor, he stated that he wants me to come to Canada in May( 4 months before resumption) and begin work with him and get a good grip of research before school resumes but I told him it would be impossible as I'm currently serving and would finish in late June or early July.

The question I'm asking now is how possible will it be for me to goto Canada in July when my program starts in September?

Would my travel be covered by my student visa (which I don't even know how long it might take to process) or would I have to apply for a visiting visa for the two months before my program starts?

I would really love your opinions guys.
You study visa will be enough , so I advise you start the process immediately
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:32am On Jan 19, 2018
bigmove:
Thanks to all who make contributions on this thread. God bless you.
Got a Passport request, to be submitted next week.... application approved.

may approval fall on other TRV hopefuls...
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:33am On Jan 19, 2018
emafav:
Just joining the group

Dear House,

I want to relocate to Canada with my Family(on Work permit) and for how many years can you use work permit. Kindly advice on the process and the amount for achieving such things.

Best Regards,
Emafav
Sorry but this is a study thread, visit EE thread for all the info you seek. Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:36am On Jan 19, 2018
kindaguy:
pls guys, for someone intending to resume for spring 2019, whem is the best time to begin application
August/September 2018 won't be a bad time as cic would be rounding up students going for Fall that time but you can apply earlier if "your blood dey hot).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:41am On Jan 19, 2018
yamen21:
@mcobex. I sent you a pm. please reply my message. I will be grateful
Yeah, I saw it but I don't reply pm this time cos of time. Please try and ask whatever question you have here and I will try my best to answer as quick as possible and the gurus in the house will also help out and we will all learn. Hope you don't mind?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:43am On Jan 19, 2018
Qadi:
How can I tackle this?
Tackle what?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:46am On Jan 19, 2018
mabella2:
Sorry I quoted you to correct a notion, I applied from the US with a visitor's visa and I just received my medical mail. Now the issue is that am back in Nigeria, Can I do the medical in Nigeria or must it be US
This is the first time I am hearing this, if that's the case then you can do your medical in Nigeriw and the clinic will forward your result to cic. Let's hope for the best . NB: WHICH MEANS YOU APPLIED VIA ONLINE ROUTE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:49am On Jan 19, 2018
drdamy:
Both of them are not bad but if you have lots of documents to submit I will advise you go with the paper route but if you don't have much documents then you can try online (but mind you if you go through the online route you will have to wait for an invitation to go for your biometric and that takes time in some cases and that could be worrying)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:52am On Jan 19, 2018
Awas:
I have an Mba since 2010 for a Nigerian school with over 13 years of work experience . This time I have admission for mba. But concentration in entrepreneurship and innovation. Do you think I stand a chance.
I think you have a very good chance going via the EE route cos of the years of working experience you have.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 19, 2018
mcobex:
This is the first time I am hearing this, if that's the case then you can do your medical in Nigeriw and the clinic will forward your result to cic. Let's hope for the best . NB: WHICH MEANS YOU APPLIED VIA ONLINE ROUTE?
Yes I applied online. So I won't have any issue if I do the medicals here. I had a strong reason for applying from there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by rolextoni: 10:14am On Jan 19, 2018
Did you apply online or paper route?

Pyale:
Like I promised, here is my testimony. Apologies for the long post.
Visa approved, passport arrived today! Want to say a very big thank you for every contributor here. Although I applied too late, considering my school resumed Monday 8th Jan., God surprised me by doing it in His on way! He says, people say it takes up to 20 weeks right?, I will make yours 5 weeks! THANK YOU ALL.

Application details:
Submitted: November 29th, 2017
Biometrics: December 4th, 2017
Upfront Medical: November 20th, 2017
Medical passed: December 29th, 2017
Approved: January 3rd, 2018 (exactly 5 weeks after) followed by passport request
Passport submitted via UPS next day, Jan. 4th.
Passport with TRV returned January 15th, 2018.

Documents Submitted:

1. Study Permit Application Forms
• IMM 5483
• IMM 1294E
• IMM 5645E
• IMM5257B_1_2

2. ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
• International foundation certificate
• Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
• University Transcripts
• WAEC Result
• NYSC Discharge Certificate
• Certificate of Attainment in IT skills

3. PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
• Passport Photograph
• Curriculum Vitae
• Data page of my international passport and pages of my expired leave to remain (for study purpose) in the UK
• Birth Certificate
• Statement of Purpose
• Letter of Explanation – both SOP and LOE very comprehensive, clarifying everything to the VO
• Police Certificate
• Upfront Medical certificate
• Personal Statement of Account from my UK Lloyds Bank (£418) – very small amount, but it adds value to the application.

4. VOLUNTARY ROLE AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT ACHIEVEMENTS (submitted to show that apart from studying, there are other things I have passion for)
• Reference letter from Newcastle City Council, UK (as part of my London2012 Olympic Games Newcastle Ambassador Role)
• Reference letter from North of Tyne NHS’ Patients Advice and Liaison Services (PALS) as part of my voluntary role
• Thank You letter from UK Prime Minister (Then David Cameron) for taking part in London2012 Olympic Games as a Newcastle Ambassador
• Diploma Certificate in web design
• Certificate of Completion in HTML fundamentals
• Certificate of Completion in PHP fundamentals
• Certificate of Diligence and Faithfulness from my church

5. SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
• University Letter of Admission
• Funding letter (25k CAD, tuition to be remitted from research grant of supervisor)

6. SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS (Sponsor is my father)
• Letter of Sponsorship
• Affidavit of Sponsorship
• Sponsor’s Statement of Account (900k – So only used like N1.1M, including my £418 to apply. However little your resources may be, just apply and put your trust and confidence in God! There is no harm in trying.)
• Employment, letter of promotion and statutory retirement letter (to confirm he’s still being paid his pension), and data page of international passport of my father
• Evidence of the landed properties owned by my father

7. PRAYERS, PRAYERS AND FASTING!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gbemiigbal: 11:25am On Jan 19, 2018
2-) CURRENT EMPLOYMENT SITUATION

Every embassy will like to satisfy themselves that the applicant has a gainful employment in their country of residence and that the prospects of getting a job when they loose their current one is high. That satisfies them that you won’t leave your job when you travel to their country. Canada’s High Commission is no exception. You need to prove to them that you’ve been working for at least 2 years continuously, you earn a good salary, say CAD$400- CAD$1,000 plus a month depending on the level of your education, you have leave to travel, and you are qualified for the job you are currently employed in. So add your CV, school certificates, previous and current job offer letters, leave letters, pay slips and introductory notes from your firm to evidence your employment.

"That satisfies them that you won’t leave your job when you travel to their country" I planned to your my official terminal benefit as part of my POF as my office doenst keep jobs for staff. Am scared with this phrase, please i need your advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lukuluku101(m): 11:34am On Jan 19, 2018
Yes, it is.

OriEyeLe:
I'm sorry to ask this o, is your Bsc 2nd class upper?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OgbeniWole33: 12:13pm On Jan 19, 2018
Hello house. Good morning. Please, who knows anything or has anyone who has appealed a refusal from the embassy? Please it’s urgent. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gbemiigbal: 12:23pm On Jan 19, 2018
mcobex:
I think you have a very good chance going via the EE route cos of the years of working experience you have.

EE is good, but what if you have been battling with getting great bands in IELTS. IELTS is discouraging so many people into applying for EE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.