Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (824266 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by obehivan: 6:41am On Jan 20, 2018
Pls help
obehivan:
Hey guys . please someone should help out. I studied MCB wit a cgpa of 3.02/5.0. I have read here that it WD b impossible to get admitted for an MSC program in Canada n I really don't want to continue with MCB. I want to start afresh with bsc nursing at Brandon university. I don't want to indicate that I have an undergraduate degree becos I don't HV my transcript yet due to strike n I don't know when they will call it off. Please is it advisible to just start afresh with my waec result without indicating my previous MCB. Would dey ask what I have been doin after high school because I graduated high school in 2012? My travel history is okay becus I have traveled to the USA bfr. Please help me out becos I intend to pay my app fee next week. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by capsule(m): 7:11am On Jan 20, 2018
Oben209:
please any university of Guelph senior in the house or applicant , im having issues with inputing my statement of intent
pls, are you a graduate student? have you secured a supervisor before applying? I'm finding it hard to get contact of their faculty staff.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lemia(m): 7:13am On Jan 20, 2018
Lemia:
Hi guys, great job so far with the help.

I have another inquiry and I'll love expert opinion.

I applied to the University of Waterloo some time ago for admission in Fall 2018. I got a reply from my supervisor that I've been accepted into the masters program with full funding and the admission letter and funding details will be sent to me later.

Considering the relationship I've built with my professor, he stated that he wants me to come to Canada in May( 4 months before resumption) and begin work with him and get a good grip of research before school resumes but I told him it would be impossible as I'm currently serving and would finish in late June or early July.

The question I'm asking now is how possible will it be for me to goto Canada in July when my program starts in September?

Would my travel be covered by my student visa (which I don't even know how long it might take to process) or would I have to apply for a visiting visa for the two months before my program starts?

I would really love your opinions guys.

I would really love to get the opinion of more people on this issue. Thanks guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lemia(m): 7:16am On Jan 20, 2018
Hello house!

I've seen a number of written documents being submitted as part of visa application and it's looking a little confusing. I would very much appreciate if some could give very simple explanations on the differences between the following documents.

Letter of Explanation (LOE)
Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Letter of Sponsorship
Study Plan
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 9:16am On Jan 20, 2018
jnyuwa02:

There is a difference between asking for reconsideration and an appeal. An appeal means filing at a federal court in Canada. It is extremely difficult to win. If you win an appeal, the chances that a VO would honor a federal court's decision is 98 percent. The only reason a VO would not honor a federal court's decision is if the won appeal was only asking them to reconsider the application again and make a new decision. A reconsideration on the other hand, is simply asking CIC (Accra) via email to reconsider a decision it previously made based on an error of fact or law or evidence that you submitted but you believe was overlooked. Sometimes they reconsider a past decision and grant if they see evidence that you submitted but was overlooked or simply just information that you submitted but was overlooked. Or if there is any interpretation of law and they applied the law wrongly, if you can show them how, they will grant you. It is much easier to win reconsideration than an appeal. I will advice people to seek reconsideration than an appeal to a federal court which takes much more time and money.
Very true bro, the person in question said he wanted to appeal that's why
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 9:20am On Jan 20, 2018
badtlimo:
I want to apply for study permit with my younger brother can we use different sponsor and can we submit the application differently with maybe one week interval
You and your brother can even apply on the same day, it's not a problem. The main thing is having funds to show for the two of you, once there's enough funds then you have no problem
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 9:24am On Jan 20, 2018
tall2ce:

thank you
where is the educanada fair going on in Lagos?
It started yesterday in Eko hotels, you can go today by 1pm but I think you will need to register online before going http://educanada.edufindme.com/user/register?location_id=768
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 9:28am On Jan 20, 2018
obehivan:
Pls help
YES the visa officer will want to know what you have been doing since 2012, so if you don't have any genuine thing to cover with I will advise you go for masters. Who said your grade isn't enough to get you into a master program? find time to search for schools yourself instead of believing what someone told you that no school will accept you for masters
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 9:30am On Jan 20, 2018
Lemia:

I would really love to get the opinion of more people on this issue. Thanks guys
I think your question has been answered before. Yes you can go early(june/july), all you need is get the letter or print out the mail your supervisor sent you requesting you come early so as to get acclimatized.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 9:36am On Jan 20, 2018
Lemia:
Hello house!

I've seen a number of written documents being submitted as part of visa application and it's looking a little confusing. I would very much appreciate if some could give very simple explanations on the differences between the following documents.

Letter of Explanation (LOE)
Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Letter of Sponsorship
Study Plan
SOP and LOE serve same purpose, it's just a way of explaining to the visa officer why you want to study in Canada, why you choose your intended school, how you intend funding your study......... cos Canadian consulate don't organise interviews for applicants so that's your own way of explaining anything that's needs to be explained(though it is not compulsory as so many people have submitted their applications without it and got it approved ).
Letter of sponsorship as the name implies is a letter "mostly" from your sponsor stating why he wants to sponsor you and how he intends doing it by showing proof of funds and any other useful document .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Aghatise: 10:23am On Jan 20, 2018
Hello house, I sent an email to a Prof at Univ of Sask - just for PhD research supervision (Fall 2018) - he replied that based on my GPA he would support me for the deans scholarship at Univ of Sask; he requested documents from me like my transcript etc and asked me to fill out a particular form for consideration. After this , he informed me that he has submitted it to the department for consideration. My question is that , since I have not applied for admission at all; is it possible to be granted a dean's scholarship in Univ of Sask prior to applying? How long does it take to get response on this scholarship? My MSc GPA converted to univ of Sask equivalent was 85.5% and BEng was 4.43/5 - what are my chances?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Stanfit01: 10:56am On Jan 20, 2018
Plz I need help with a good college to go there for my masters in Business management so that I can start processing the school cuz I wanna leave here before the end of this year. Someone please help me with the name of a good school there and requirements
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 11:54am On Jan 20, 2018
Stanfit01:
Plz I need help with a good college to go there for my masters in Business management so that I can start processing the school cuz I wanna leave here before the end of this year. Someone please help me with the name of a good school there and requirements
Sorry to say this, but have you made any research yourself? You have a phone and thank God for Google you can search all that there. We should all try to do some little work ourselves please.
EduCanada fairs started yesterday at Eko hotel, so if you are in Lagos you can go to Eko hotel today (1pm-5pm), you will meet representatives from different schools from Canada and you might get on the spot admission

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by xzile: 1:20pm On Jan 20, 2018
Good day everyone. Please am new to this forum and am so glad i came across. Am about paying for my application fees in a Canadian college for a 1yr certificate program in automotive service technology (what we call motor mechanic here). I studied zoology in Nigeria here and finished with 2.2 in 2014. Finished NYSC in 2016(November). My sponsor is my cousin( mothers sis) who lives in Canada with his family. He is a motor vehicle and parts importer.
After going through series of write ups here i decided to seek help so as not to get things wrong from start. My SOA balance is poor as i am unemployed and only helped my brother in his motor parts business last year after nysc. I want to know my chances of approval with my change in career part. Should i state that i would be living with my cousin in Canada cuz i don't intend paying for accommodation. Please can someone give me tips on how to package this embassy people because i don't want disappointments. [/quote]
Please somebody should advice me pls. I just want to be careful from onset because i have no prior experience on study permit application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by xzile: 1:23pm On Jan 20, 2018
xzile:
Good day everyone. Please am new to this forum and am so glad i came across. Am about paying for my application fees in a Canadian college for a 1yr certificate program in automotive service technology (what we call motor mechanic here). I studied zoology in Nigeria here and finished with 2.2 in 2014. Finished NYSC in 2016(November). My sponsor is my cousin( mothers sis) who lives in Canada with his family. He is a motor vehicle and parts importer.
After going through series of write ups here i decided to seek help so as not to get things wrong from start. My SOA balance is poor as i am unemployed and only helped my brother in his motor parts business last year after nysc. I want to know my chances of approval with my change in career part. Should i state that i would be living with my cousin in Canada cuz i don't intend paying for accommodation. Please can someone give me tips on how to package this embassy people because i don't want disappointments.
Please somebody should advice me pls. I just want to be careful from onset because i have no prior experience on study permit application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2018
xzile:

After going through series of write ups here i decided to seek help so as not to get things wrong from start. My SOA balance is poor as i am unemployed and only helped my brother in his motor parts business last year after nysc. I want to know my chances of approval with my change in career part. Should i state that i would be living with my cousin in Canada cuz i don't intend paying for accommodation. Please can someone give me tips on how to package this embassy people because i don't want disappointments.
Everything about it is wrong, you studied zoology and now want to go for mechanical engineering(with no experience ). Secondly never tell the visa officer you intend staying with your cousin as he/she will know you don't want to come back to Nigeria after studies (male sure your cousin provide enough funds to show you can study and live on your own in Canada without working there while schooling ). Another one is you going for a 1year certificate program which happens to be a red flag.
My sincere advise is look for a school that offers zoology related course(masters) and it has to be a 2year program, after which your cousin can provide funds (your tuition fee + at least $10,000 for your living expenses).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 20, 2018
xzile:

Good day everyone. Please am new to this forum and am so glad i came across.............

Your chances of getting an approval is slim because (1) there is no correlation between Zoology and Automotive Service Technology and (2) you don't have any work experience in Automotive Service Technology.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by xzile: 3:05pm On Jan 20, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Your chances of getting an approval is slim because (1) there is no correlation between Zoology and Automotive Service Technology and (2) you don't have any work experience in Automotive Service Technology.
Thank you both for your sincere advice. I was not opportuned to work in Automotive industry but i did apprenticeship for 2yrs in 2008 to 2010 in Automotive Service and repair and was given a certificate though it was non formal. Throughout last year i was helping my brother out in automobile parts trade. Please will that make any difference? As for the funds, will my sponsor have to deposit money in my account or just prove it with his account? Bear in mind that am unemployed, thus i think questions will be raised how i made such money.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Gifty28(f): 3:14pm On Jan 20, 2018
Good afternoon all, pls I need few chips..first a gpa of 3.10/5 can it be estimated to 3:0/4? Want to apply to some schools in Canada for MBA.. not too familiar with Canada schools but do they offer assistantship to MBA student
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Gifty28(f): 3:38pm On Jan 20, 2018
I was going through this thread, does it mean if you don't have any travel history, u won't get the visa.. please I need reply to my first question and this. Tnx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by blessedmumi(f): 3:47pm On Jan 20, 2018
Gifty28:
Good afternoon all, pls I need few chips..first a gpa of 3.10/5 can it be estimated to 3:0/4? Want to apply to some schools in Canada for MBA.. not too familiar with Canada schools but do they offer assistantship to MBA student

CGPA of 3.10/5 should be in the range of 2.4 on a scale of 4 (I stand to be corrected).
Figure out your second questions using Google, it will be easier for u.
People without prior travel history got their visa approved, it all depends on how well u package your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:26pm On Jan 20, 2018
xzile:
Thank you both for your sincere advice. I was not opportuned to work in Automotive industry but i did apprenticeship for 2yrs in 2008 to 2010 in Automotive Service and repair and was given a certificate though it was non formal. Throughout last year i was helping my brother out in automobile parts trade. Please will that make any difference? As for the funds, will my sponsor have to deposit money in my account or just prove it with his account? Bear in mind that am unemployed, thus i think questions will be raised how i made such money.
As regards funds, your sponsor should pay the money into your account since he is a third party or he can pay your tuition fee to the school then transfer your living expenses (at least $10000) into your personal account. There's no problem with you having such huge amount in your account as your cousin will state it in his letter of support that he deposited the amount into your account.
As for your intended program I still think you should go for a program related to zoology and please let the program be a 2YEAR program so you don't have issue of purpose of visit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:28pm On Jan 20, 2018
Gifty28:
I was going through this thread, does it mean if you don't have any travel history, u won't get the visa.. please I need reply to my first question and this. Tnx
People without travel history have been getting their visas, so that shouldn't be a problem as long as you tackle other possible reasons for delay

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adluv: 5:50pm On Jan 20, 2018
Hi fellow Nairalanders, here is to share my own testimony while packing my bags and bagages, lolzzz

Applied on the 5th Nov
Biometrict on the 13th Nov
Called for medicals on the 2nd Jan
Went for medicals on the 4th Jan
Passed Medicals on the 11th Jan
Passport request same 11th Jan
i submitted my passport next day 12th Jan
Profile changed
Picked up my passport on the 19th yesterday

To God alone be the glory and i wish everybody that is waiting a huge success, it shall all end in praise IJN amen.

Heading to Toronto soon also looking forward to connect with people going same route.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Osiokoye: 7:22pm On Jan 20, 2018
Whether the professor said he will consider you or not, you should apply. I think the deadline has passed cause it was Jan 15th.
Aghatise:
Hello house, I sent an email to a Prof at Univ of Sask - just for PhD research supervision (Fall 2018) - he replied that based on my GPA he would support me for the deans scholarship at Univ of Sask; he requested documents from me like my transcript etc and asked me to fill out a particular form for consideration. After this , he informed me that he has submitted it to the department for consideration. My question is that , since I have not applied for admission at all; is it possible to be granted a dean's scholarship in Univ of Sask prior to applying? How long does it take to get response on this scholarship? My MSc GPA converted to univ of Sask equivalent was 85.5% and BEng was 4.43/5 - what are my chances?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by esteeino13(f): 8:02pm On Jan 20, 2018
adluv:
Hi fellow Nairalanders, here is to share my own testimony while packing my bags and bagages, lolzzz

Applied on the 5th Nov
Biometrict on the 13th Nov
Called for medicals on the 2nd Jan
Went for medicals on the 4th Jan
Passed Medicals on the 11th Jan
Passport request same 11th Jan
i submitted my passport next day 12th Jan
Profile changed
Picked up my passport on the 19th yesterday

To God alone be the glory and i wish everybody that is waiting a huge success, it shall all end in praise IJN amen.

Heading to Toronto soon also looking forward to connect with people going same route.

congrats on your approval... pls can u share your profile here... congrats again

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by emmy4Gold: 8:37pm On Jan 20, 2018
Slik07:

It takes 10 weeks max. before a decision is made. But after 4 weeks you submitted the form, you'll recieve an email telling you to be patient due to numerous applications submitted.
Thank you very much boss, I really appreciate. I Was already worried kind-of. I did received the mail after 4 weeks of applying. Does that indicate a positive (green flag)?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ademcoboy(m): 8:43pm On Jan 20, 2018
Aghatise:

Yes... The University of Saskatchewan Dean's scholarship is a prestigious scholarship aimed at attracting intelligent graduate students to their university. You can get the scholarship even before applying for admission but you must have published some academic papers alongside your high academic achievements before you can be selected.

So since you have a supervisor already you can go ahead an submit you admission application. U will have to pay an application fee of $90cad.

Once you have been selected for the scholarship, your supervisor or the scholarship committee will send you a mail.

I know a senior friend who got the Deans Scholarship in 2016 for his PHD..

best of luck in your applications.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 20, 2018
emmy4Gold:
Thank you very much boss, I really appreciate. I Was already worried kind-of. I did received the mail after 4 weeks of applying. Does that indicate a positive (green flag)?

Yes. Be hopeful and positive. It shall end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by chkb: 11:10pm On Jan 20, 2018
Hello house, anyone going to centennial college for fall2018, plz halla

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 11:21pm On Jan 20, 2018
Hello World! grin

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oghoghobrown: 11:35pm On Jan 20, 2018
Good day every body in the house, please I need help, I base in the USA. And I’m trying to get my brother to Canada. He has a HND. Please what is the cheapest university in Canada I can apply for a Bsc or delopma, and please do confrance also work. Please just advice me cause I’m going to sponsor him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.