Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,840 members, 7,806,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (825420 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Anike22: 1:35am On Jan 23, 2018
Passport Request after the third application.
My God, My God!

26 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 2:19am On Jan 23, 2018
Anike22:
My God, My God!

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by favourqueen(f): 2:33am On Jan 23, 2018
Anike22:
My God, My God!

Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:36am On Jan 23, 2018
Slik07:

Use FedEX. 3 working days, it will be in Canada. It cost about 16k approx.
Chain. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ggetter50: 5:47am On Jan 23, 2018
Anike22:
My God, My God!
Congratulations, Anike. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kennynelcon(m): 6:27am On Jan 23, 2018
tall2ce:
i have a cgpa of 3.71/5 and when converted to canadian gpa it gave me 2.97/4.

Gurus in the house, please am I eligible for Msc scholarship?

I plan applying to a University for scholarship.

Is it possible with that gpa?
Are you sure the conversion is correct
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gbemiigbal: 10:41am On Jan 23, 2018
Emmyirab:

You don't understand. The deposit won't be refunded, if you decide not to go to the school anymore for no reason. But if you decide not to go to the school anymore because your visa got denied, you'll be asked to send a copy of your denial letter, and your deposit will be fully refunded. It's clearly stated on their website.

Or another scenario
What if he has two letter of admissions for same university but different faculty, can he transfer the paid tuition to another faculty? Will there be a full refund?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmyirab(m): 10:58am On Jan 23, 2018
gbemiigbal:

Or another scenario
What if he has two letter of admissions for same university but different faculty, can he transfer the paid tuition to another faculty? Will there be a full refund?
In as much as I don't think that will possible, I think it'd be best if you contact the school, just to confirm.
How did he get admitted into two different faculties anyway??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Tinkee1: 11:09am On Jan 23, 2018
Hello house am a graduate of philosophy and I also have MPA degree, I will love to apply for MBA in Canada,pls what are the universities I can pick that the tuition fees are not expensive. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Tunba28(m): 11:14am On Jan 23, 2018
Hello house, I'll like to ask if it is possible I fill out my forms and print today and submit on Friday or Monday. PS I'm doing paper. God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by boneruns(m): 11:26am On Jan 23, 2018
Good day,

please a quick questions:

I am trying to pay application fee for University of New Brunswick, but I could not find an option for Nigeria in country drop-down menu.

Please experienced persons should advice me what to do.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tall2ce(m): 12:15pm On Jan 23, 2018
kennynelcon:

Are you sure the conversion is correct
If it is not correct. Please kindly help me re-calculate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lagos2canna: 2:58pm On Jan 23, 2018
mcobex:
Purpose of visit and insufficient funds.
You have to convince the visa officer why you want to spend millions going to Canada to study when you can spend way less doing same program here in Nigeria.
Secondly, the vo feels you don't have enough funds to carter for yourself after the first year.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cecechi: 3:27pm On Jan 23, 2018
tall2ce:

Hello use this https://applications.wes.org/igpa-calculator/
You will need to compute it course by course, but still most universities use your last 2 years of study/ or last 60 credits. Few universities calculate everything.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tegipraise(m): 3:43pm On Jan 23, 2018
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kennynelcon(m): 3:56pm On Jan 23, 2018
tall2ce:

I used wes.org your cgpa should be higher than that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tegipraise(m): 3:56pm On Jan 23, 2018
@Jnyuwa02 my guy I need your assistance seriously. I am about reapplying the 3rd time now. I have being trying to contact you but to no avail. Hw can i reach u? This is now emergency pls
jnyuwa02:

There is a difference between asking for reconsideration and an appeal. An appeal means filing at a federal court in Canada. It is extremely difficult to win. If you win an appeal, the chances that a VO would honor a federal court's decision is 98 percent. The only reason a VO would not honor a federal court's decision is if the won appeal was only asking them to reconsider the application again and make a new decision. A reconsideration on the other hand, is simply asking CIC (Accra) via email to reconsider a decision it previously made based on an error of fact or law or evidence that you submitted but you believe was overlooked. Sometimes they reconsider a past decision and grant if they see evidence that you submitted but was overlooked or simply just information that you submitted but was overlooked. Or if there is any interpretation of law and they applied the law wrongly, if you can show them how, they will grant you. It is much easier to win reconsideration than an appeal. I will advice people to seek reconsideration than an appeal to a federal court which takes much more time and money.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tegipraise(m): 4:11pm On Jan 23, 2018
Congratulations
Anike22:
My God, My God!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OFFICIALAEL: 6:07pm On Jan 23, 2018
Anike22:
My God, My God!
Congratulations kindly share your profile, what you did differently in each application, what program, undergraduate degree, funds available etc

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ademcoboy(m): 6:21pm On Jan 23, 2018
Anike22:
My God, My Ggod!

Congratulations....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by PhilipGallagher(m): 7:12pm On Jan 23, 2018
boneruns:
Good day,

please a quick questions:

I am trying to pay application fee for University of New Brunswick, but I could not find an option for Nigeria in country drop-down menu.

Please experienced persons should advice me what to do.

Thanks.
Don't be too worried. When i applied last year i chose ghana or so. As long as your ATM card number is correct and your CRV is correct, the payment would click. I used GTB MasterCard in my time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 7:58pm On Jan 23, 2018
Anike22:
My God, My God!

Congrats Anike22

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Anike22: 9:11pm On Jan 23, 2018
OFFICIALAEL:

Congratulations kindly share your profile, what you did differently in each application, what program, undergraduate degree, funds available etc

Thank you guys.
What I did differently was that this time I applied online instead of paper and also I attached a letter from a lawyer explaining and defending and tackling all the refusal reasons with excuses. I would share fully when I get my passport back and all.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:14pm On Jan 23, 2018
tegipraise:
@Jnyuwa02 my guy I need your assistance seriously. I am about reapplying the 3rd time now. I have being trying to contact you but to no avail. Hw can i reach u? This is now emergency pls

How have you been trying to contact me? Leave me your email here and I will get in touch with you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phyzoman(m): 10:04pm On Jan 23, 2018
Hello guys.
Please I need your help on this.
I am a graduate of Urban and Regional planning with a 3.10 Cgpa. I intend having my masters In Canada but I need advice, recommendations and guidance from you all.
Please I need prompt reactions.
Thanks and God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SeyiMiilan: 2:43am On Jan 24, 2018
the school you are applying to would look at your grades (esp the last two years of school) before granting you admission or not. since your gp is 3.71/5, I would advice you to contact the school or simply apply. @tall2ce
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SeyiMiilan: 2:47am On Jan 24, 2018
not at all. just ensure you explain or link your what you studies and what you intend to study together in your SOP/LOE@Ediku126
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SeyiMiilan: 2:53am On Jan 24, 2018
HELLO, you can get your study permit as long as you can explain why you want to study food science (only the VO knows the chance of getting a visa). as regards your daughters, pls show as much funds as possible in ur statement of account to ensure they would be taken care of. pls arrange all your documents properly and do a break down @kelvotemi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SeyiMiilan: 3:02am On Jan 24, 2018
hello, you can reapply for MSc, I would suggest you tackle the purpose of visit though (you can pay part of your school fees and attached the receipt to your application). you can also explain YOUR PURPOSE in Canada in your SOP/LOE @Taymiia7
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SeyiMiilan: 3:25am On Jan 24, 2018
Hi there, if I may ask pls, what is your bro highest level of education? it is good you paid part of the school fees, you can use that to counter "purpose of visit". In your brother's SOP/LOE, you might have to explain what he intends to do after school. for the employment situation, your sponsor should state in a letter of introduction that he/she intends to sponsor your bro's education hence his unemployment. @Emmyirab
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tayonani: 4:15am On Jan 24, 2018
Hello house, my school in Canada ask for my references before my admission will be granted, but unfortunately,I can reach them cos am always busy at work ,can I use non school references?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:35am On Jan 24, 2018
tayonani:
Hello house, my school in Canada ask for my references before my admission will be granted, but unfortunately,I can reach them cos am always busy at work ,can I use non school references?
Yes you can but it will be nice if you use one from the academic field.

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.