Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,044 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help (2295 Views)

Contacting TV Shows Of Practitioners Of Witchcraft And Sorcery To Ask For Ruqya / Menstruation And Worship In Ramadan / Riya – Showing Off In Acts Of Worship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by Newnas(m): 9:04pm On Jul 26, 2017
BismiLLaah

Once I was walking at night after a heavy rain, it was dark and cold. Suddenly I heard a teenage girl singing:
"Shehu Buraimo gbami oo, baba n kawla gbami oo"

I was shocked, these are words of idolatry (associating partner with Allah). So I called her and educated her that: "Olohun ni k'ope Lati gba e".

AlhamduliLLaah, she responded positively, and stopped the idolatry song.

But the shock and feeling that many innocent Muslims have been dragged into this pit of disbelief, so I decided to share this QA article to enlighten my brothers and sisters and seek Allah's forgiveness and reward.

Question:

I often hear people saying “Madad ya Rasool-Allaah, Madad ya Sayyidina al-Husayn, madad ya Sayyid yaa Badawi…” and I do not know the meaning of these words.

Published Date: 2003-07-08

Answer

Praise be to Allaah.
It should be noted that Allaah has created the universe to worship Him and Him alone. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And I (Allaah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)”

[al-Dhaariyaat 51:56]

Allaah sent the Messengers to call their people to worship Allaah alone (Tawheed) and to forbid them to associate anything with Him (shirk). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We did not send any Messenger before you (O Muhammad) but We revealed to him (saying): Laa ilaaha illa Ana [none has the right to be worshipped but I (Allaah)], so worship Me (Alone and none else)”
[al-Anbiya’ 21:25]

Shirk means directing worship to anyone other than Allaah, and du’aa’ comes under the heading of worship which must be devoted to Allaah alone and not directed to anyone else.

Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Du’aa’ is worship.”
Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2969; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by Newnas(m): 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2017
Asking for madad from anyone other than Allaah, as mentioned in the question, is a kind of calling upon (or making du’aa’ to) someone other than Allaah, hence it is a kind of shirk.
It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (2/193):

The words of some of those who sing nasheed, “ Madad ya sayyidina al-Husayn (Help O our master al-Husayn), madad ya Sayyidah Zaynab,
madad ya Badawi ya Shaykh al-‘Arab , madad ya Rasool Allaah (O Messenger of Allaah), madad ya awliya’ Allaah (O close friends – or ‘saints’ – of Allaah),” etc, is major shirk which puts the one who says it beyond the pale of Islam (Allaah forbid), because it is calling upon the dead to give them good things, to help them, to ward off danger or relieve them of harm.

That is because what is meant by madad is giving, help and support. So it as if the person who says, “ Madad ya Sayyid ya Badawi , madad ya Sayyidah Zaynab” etc is saying: Help us and give us of your bounty, and relieve us of hardship and ward off calamity from us. This is major shirk. Allaah says, after explaining to His slaves that He is in control of the universe and that it is subjugated to Him:

“Such is Allaah, your Lord; His is the kingdom. And those, whom you invoke or call upon instead of Him, own not even a Qitmeer (the thin membrane over the date stone).
If you invoke (or call upon) them, they hear not your call; and if (in case) they were to hear, they could not grant it (your request) to you. And on the Day of Resurrection, they will disown your worshipping them. And none can inform you (O Muhammad) like Him Who is the All-Knower (of everything)”

[Faatir 35:13-14 – interpretation of the meaning]
So He calls their prayers to others shirk.
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by Newnas(m): 9:10pm On Jul 26, 2017
And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And who is more astray than one who calls on (invokes) besides Allaah, such as will not answer him till the Day of Resurrection, and who are (even) unaware of their calls (invocations) to them?
And when mankind are gathered (on the Day of Resurrection), they (false deities) will become their enemies and will deny their worshipping”

[al-Ahqaaf 46:6]

So Allaah tells us that those who are called upon other than Him, the Prophets and the righteous, are unaware of the call of those who call upon them and will never respond to their calls, and they will be their enemies and will deny their worship of them.

And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Do they attribute as partners to Allaah those who created nothing but they themselves are created?
No help can they give them, nor can they help themselves.
And if you call them to guidance, they follow you not. It is the same for you whether you call them or you keep silent.
Verily, those whom you call upon besides Allaah are slaves like you. So call upon them and let them answer you if you are truthful”

[al-A’raaf 7:191-194]
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by Newnas(m): 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2017
“And whoever invokes (or worships), besides Allaah, any other ilaah (god), of whom he has no proof; then his reckoning is only with his Lord. Surely, Al-Kaafiroon (the disbelievers in Allaah and in the Oneness of Allaah, polytheists, pagans, idolaters) will not be successful”
[al-Mu’minoon 23:117]

So Allaah tells us that whoever calls upon anyone other than Allaah, among the dead etc., will never succeed because of his kufr and his calling upon someone other than Allaah.
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by Newnas(m): 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2017
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by Alennsar(f): 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2017
if only those who call their self Islamic singers can be eliminated it will go along way cos most of dis things are been broadcast by them.
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by AlBaqir(m): 7:48pm On Jul 27, 2017
Alennsar:
if only those who call their self Islamic singers can be eliminated it will go along way cos most of dis things are been broadcast by them.

# You mind explaining that bolded part so that I don't make wrong conclusion.
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by Alennsar(f): 7:55pm On Jul 27, 2017
AlBaqir:

# You mind explaining that bolded part so that I don't make wrong conclusion.

those shameless, drum beating and whistle blowing singers wit Der dancers.
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by AlBaqir(m): 8:01pm On Jul 27, 2017
Alennsar:

those shameless, drum beating and whistle blowing singers wit Der dancers.

That's not an answer to my question sir/ma. You said they should be eliminated. What do you mean by that exactly?
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by Alennsar(f): 8:07pm On Jul 27, 2017
AlBaqir:

That's not an answer to my question sir/ma. You said they should be eliminated. What do you mean by that exactly?

dey should be stopped. Wat a dirty mind you've got
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by AlBaqir(m): 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2017
Alennsar:

# Dirty mind? Why am I asking you to explain what you meant? Isn't it to avoid misinterpretation? You like attacking o, and at the end you always fail.

# "they should be eliminated" is far far far away from "they should be stopped". Try and weigh your words before you post please. This is a public forum.

# However, they cannot be stopped because Nigeria is a secular country. Many a times I see no difference between them and the Fuji, Juju, hip hop musicians. In fact these so-called " Islamic" singers are even worse than those secular musicians because of Religion they use as sheild. However, the question is what are the sensible Muslim scholars do to address the issue? Many of them need Islamic education on Music. Obviously, attacking, abusing, condemning them can never ever stop them. People's heart/mind get stronger in such situation.
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by Alennsar(f): 8:35pm On Jul 27, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Dirty mind? Why am I asking you to explain what you meant? Isn't it to avoid misinterpretation? You like attacking o, and at the end you always fail.

# "they should be eliminated" is far far far away from "they should be stopped". Try and weigh your words before you post please. This is a public forum.

# However, they cannot be stopped because Nigeria is a secular country. Many a times I see no difference between them and the Fuji, Juju, hip hop musicians. In fact these so-called " Islamic" singers are even worse than those secular musicians because of Religion they use as sheild. However, the question is what are the sensible Muslim scholars do to address the issue? Many of them need Islamic education on Music. Obviously, attacking, abusing, condemning them can never ever stop them. People's heart/mind get stronger in such situation.

ok den inuguo?
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by Newnas(m): 9:22pm On Jul 27, 2017
Alennsar:

JazaakaLLaahu khayraa.

like they say: seeker of truth will be contented with one proof but the seeker of distortion and follower of desires will not be satisfied with a thausand proofs.

Even after explaining your intention, he still made his devilish conclusion. So what's the reason why he asked for clarification in the first place? Just to cause mischief!

Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by AlBaqir(m): 9:52pm On Jul 27, 2017
Newnas:

JazaakaLLaahu khayraa.

like they say: seeker of truth will be contented with one proof but the seeker of distortion and follower of desires will not be satisfied with a thausand proofs.

Even after explaining your intention, he still made his devilish conclusion. So what's the reason why he asked for clarification in the first place? Just to cause mischief!

# The point is I don't judge who I don't know. For Alennsar, I know nothing of his/her aqeedah. If it is a terror caller like you, I will never even ask for your clarification because your one and only goal is to kill and kill.

Here's the fatwa of your grand terror patron, Ibn Taymiyyah on Shia, Sufi etc:

"As for the killing of the single, overpowered individual from the Khawārij like the Ḥarūriyyah and the Rāfiḍah (i.e. Shī’ah), the fuqahā have two opinions about it. They are two reports from Imām Aḥmad. The correct opinion is that it is permissible to kill the single individual from them, like the one who invites to his sect and other similar corrupt elements, for the Prophet said: “Wherever you meet them, kill them.”
http://islamport.com/d/3/tym/1/40/376.html

He also says in the same Majmū’ al-Fatāwā, vol. 28, p. 500:

"If their corruption cannot be stopped except through killing, then they should be killed. But, it is not obligatory to kill every single one of them if he does not publicly show this opinion, or if there is greater disadvantage in killing him."

# The Shaykh in his Majmū’ al-Fatāwā, vol. 28, p. 555, declares:

http://islamport.com/d/3/tym/1/40/377.html

"With regards to the killing of someone who publicly displays Islām and hides his kufr, and this is the hypocrite whom the jurists call the zindīq, the majority of the jurists are of the opinion that he must be killed even if he repents. This was the view of Mālik, Aḥmad in the most apparent of the two reports from him, one of the two opinions in the madhhab of Abū Ḥanīfah, and al-Shāfi’ī. Whichever of them is a caller to their misguidance, and his evil cannot be stopped except by killing him, he should be killed too, even if he publicly repents, and even if he is not declared a kāfir, like the Rāfiḍī Imāms who mislead the people, as the Muslims killed Ghīlān al-Qadrī, al-Ja’d b. Dirham and similar other people among the callers. This liar must be killed unconditionally"
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by Newnas(m): 10:15pm On Jul 27, 2017
AlBaqir:

[s]
# The point is I don't judge who I don't know. For Alennsar, I know nothing of his/her aqeedah. If it is a terror caller like you, I will never even ask for your clarification because your one and only goal is to kill and kill.

Here's the fatwa of your grand terror patron, Ibn Taymiyyah on Shia, Sufi etc:

"As for the killing of the single, overpowered individual from the Khawārij like the Ḥarūriyyah and the Rāfiḍah (i.e. Shī’ah), the fuqahā have two opinions about it. They are two reports from Imām Aḥmad. The correct opinion is that it is permissible to kill the single individual from them, like the one who invites to his sect and other similar corrupt elements, for the Prophet said: “Wherever you meet them, kill them.”
http://islamport.com/d/3/tym/1/40/376.html

He also says in the same Majmū’ al-Fatāwā, vol. 28, p. 500:

"If their corruption cannot be stopped except through killing, then they should be killed. But, it is not obligatory to kill every single one of them if he does not publicly show this opinion, or if there is greater disadvantage in killing him."

# The Shaykh in his Majmū’ al-Fatāwā, vol. 28, p. 555, declares:

http://islamport.com/d/3/tym/1/40/377.html

"With regards to the killing of someone who publicly displays Islām and hides his kufr, and this is the hypocrite whom the jurists call the zindīq, the majority of the jurists are of the opinion that he must be killed even if he repents. This was the view of Mālik, Aḥmad in the most apparent of the two reports from him, one of the two opinions in the madhhab of Abū Ḥanīfah, and al-Shāfi’ī. Whichever of them is a caller to their misguidance, and his evil cannot be stopped except by killing him, he should be killed too, even if he publicly repents, and even if he is not declared a kāfir, like the Rāfiḍī Imāms who mislead the people, as the Muslims killed Ghīlān al-Qadrī, al-Ja’d b. Dirham and similar other people among the callers. This liar must be killed unconditionally"
[/s]

So I should start an endless cycle of useless argument with you?!

Jobless man, don't derail my thread with your mischief and misguidance
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by AlBaqir(m): 10:18pm On Jul 27, 2017
Newnas:

Jobless man, don't derail my thread with your mischief and misguidance

# Hey yah. Frustration don set in.

grin Your fitnah thread is of no use to me. I only try to expose people like you with your thoughts and terror activities.
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by submit: 10:19pm On Jul 27, 2017
We are digressing from the main point. I was expecting more.

Newnas, what do you have to say about intercessors? Praying on some people for help.... Please look at it from this angle: "....and none can interceed with Him except by His own permission... "
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by Newnas(m): 10:26pm On Jul 27, 2017
submit:

Newnas, what do you have to say about intercessors? Praying on some people for help.... Please look at it from this angle: "....and none can interceed with Him except by His own permission... "

According to the verse you quoted from ayatul Kursi, the only one who will intercede is the one Allah gives permission, and such person will only intercede for the one who is free from shirk and will only say what Allah is pleased with.

Many verses testify to this fact in the Quran:

Surah An-Najm, Verse 26:
وَكَم مِّن مَّلَكٍ فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ لَا تُغْنِي شَفَاعَتُهُمْ شَيْئًا إِلَّا مِن بَعْدِ أَن يَأْذَنَ اللَّهُ لِمَن يَشَاءُ وَيَرْضَىٰ

And there are many angels in the heavens, whose intercession will avail nothing except after Allah has given leave for whom He wills and pleases.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Surah An-Naba, Verse 38:
يَوْمَ يَقُومُ الرُّوحُ وَالْمَلَائِكَةُ صَفًّا لَّا يَتَكَلَّمُونَ إِلَّا مَنْ أَذِنَ لَهُ الرَّحْمَٰنُ وَقَالَ صَوَابًا

The Day that Ar-Ruh [Jibrael (Gabriel) or another angel] and the angels will stand forth in rows, none shall speak except him whom the Most Beneficent (Allah) allows, and he will speak what is right.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by AlBaqir(m): 10:29pm On Jul 27, 2017
submit:

# Sorry for the digression.

# Although your question is to the OP, but I think you meant "Tawassul (mediation)" judging by the bold, and not "shafa'a (intercession)"?!

# That need proper clarification before he can answer the question which I have 100% interest in.

# Tawassul is to use something (e.g Qur'an) or somebody (e.g Prophet) as a mediator to reach Allah. You ask Allah through him.

# Shafa'a is the intercession of the Prophet on the day of Qiyamat.

# Quran talks about both.

* Viewing this space.....
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by Newnas(m): 10:36pm On Jul 27, 2017
From the above three points are clear:

#Intercession is only for those who are monotheists

# Allah is the one who owns the right to make a person intercede or not. It is not just anyone will jump and start interceding as they like. Allah already wants to have mercy on the one who is being interceded for.

#The intercessor is just a slave of Allah that Allah wishes to honour with the intercession.

So intercession belongs to Allah alone not to anyone else. And should be sought from Allah alone not anyone else irrespective of his status, they are all slaves of Allah.

Allah says:

Surah Az-Zumar, Verse 44:
قُل لِّلَّهِ الشَّفَاعَةُ جَمِيعًا لَّهُ مُلْكُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ ثُمَّ إِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

Say: "To Allah belongs all intercession. His is the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth, then to Him you shall be brought back."
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Allah knows best.
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by submit: 10:37pm On Jul 27, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Sorry for the digression.

# Although your question is to the OP, but I think you meant "Tawassul (mediation)" and not "shafa'a (intercession)"?!

# That need proper clarification before he can answer the question which I have 100% interest in.

# Tawassul is to use something (e.g Qur'an) or somebody (e.g Prophet) as a mediator to reach Allah. You ask Allah through him.

# Shafa'a is the intercession of the Prophet on the day of Qiyamat.

# Quran talks about both.

* Viewing this space.....

You talk well. But aren't they the same? Maybe am lost.

Shafa'a is the intercession of the Prophet on the day of Qiyamat.
I want to ask cos I read somewhere, wherein the Prophet's uncle was about dying and the Prophet tried again to make him embrace Islam but the uncle refused. Then after death, Nabi tried praying (interceding) for the uncle before a verse was revealed against such thing.

Newnas:

According to the verse you quoted from ayatul Kursi, the only one who will intercede is the one Allah gives permission, and such person will only intercede for the one who is free from shirk and will only say what Allah is pleased with.

Many verses testify to this fact in the Quran:

Surah An-Najm, Verse 26:
وَكَم مِّن مَّلَكٍ فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ لَا تُغْنِي شَفَاعَتُهُمْ شَيْئًا إِلَّا مِن بَعْدِ أَن يَأْذَنَ اللَّهُ لِمَن يَشَاءُ وَيَرْضَىٰ

And there are many angels in the heavens, whose intercession will avail nothing except after Allah has given leave for whom He wills and pleases.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Surah An-Naba, Verse 38:
يَوْمَ يَقُومُ الرُّوحُ وَالْمَلَائِكَةُ صَفًّا لَّا يَتَكَلَّمُونَ إِلَّا مَنْ أَذِنَ لَهُ الرَّحْمَٰنُ وَقَالَ صَوَابًا

The Day that Ar-Ruh [Jibrael (Gabriel) or another angel] and the angels will stand forth in rows, none shall speak except him whom the Most Beneficent (Allah) allows, and he will speak what is right.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Thanks. please clarify more on what Albaqir talked about
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by Newnas(m): 10:45pm On Jul 27, 2017
^If you have any questions please ask. I don't want to give any room for infamous time wasters.

Praise be to Allaah.
Intercession means mediating for someone else to gain some benefit or ward off some harm.

It is of two types:
The first type: intercession that will take place in the Hereafter, on the Day of Resurrection.
The second type: intercession concerning matters of this world.

With regard to the intercession that will take place in the Hereafter, it is of two types:
The first type: exclusive intercession, which will be granted only to the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and no one else in creation will have a share in that with him. This is of various kinds:

1 – The greater intercession. This is the station of praise and glory ( al-maqaam al-mahmood ) which Allaah has promised to him, when He said (interpretation of the meaning):
“And in some parts of the night (also) offer the Salaat (prayer) with it (i.e. recite the Qur’aan in the prayer) as an additional prayer (Tahajjud optional prayer Nawaafil) for you (O Muhammad). It may be that your Lord will raise you to Maqaam Mahmood (a station of praise and glory, i.e., the honour of intercession on the Day of Resurrection)”
[al-Isra’ 17:79]

What this intercession means is that he will intercede for all of mankind when Allaah delays the Reckoning and they have waited for so long in the place of gathering on the Day of Resurrection. Their distress and anxiety will reach a point where they can no longer bear it, and they will say, “Who will intercede for us with our Lord so that He will pass judgement amongst His slaves?” and they will wish to leave that place. So the people will come to the Prophets, each of whom will say, “I am not able for it,” until when they come to our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), he will say, “I am able for it, I am able for it.” So he will intercede for them, that judgement may be passed. This is the greater intercession, and it is one of the things that belong exclusively to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by Newnas(m): 10:47pm On Jul 27, 2017
There are many ahaadeeth which speak of this intercession, in al-Saheehayn and elsewhere, such as the hadeeth narrated by al-Bukhaari in his Saheeh (1748) from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him): “The people will fall on their knees on the Day of Resurrection, each nation following its Prophet, saying, ‘O So and so, intercede!’ until intercession is granted to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). On that Day Allaah will resurrect him to a station of praise and glory.”

2 – Intercession for the people of Paradise to enter Paradise.

It was narrated that Anas ibn Maalik said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘I will come to the gate of Paradise on the Day of Resurrection and will ask for it to be opened. The gatekeeper will say, “Who are you?” I will say, “Muhammad.” He will say, “I was commanded not to open it for anyone before you.”’” (Narrated by Muslim, 333).

According to another report narrated by Muslim (332), “I will be the first one to intercede concerning Paradise.”
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by Newnas(m): 10:48pm On Jul 27, 2017
3 – The intercession of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) for his uncle Abu Taalib:

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) that mention was made of his uncle Abu Taalib in the presence of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He said, “Perhaps my intercession will benefit him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will be placed in a shallow part of the Fire which will come up to his ankles and cause his brains to boil.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1408; Muslim, 360).

4 – His intercession so that some people of his ummah will enter Paradise without being brought to account.

This kind of intercession was mentioned by some of the scholars, who quoted as evidence the lengthy hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah concerning intercession, in which it says:

“Then it will be said, ‘O Muhammad, raise you head; ask, it will be given to you; intercede, your intercession will be accepted.’ So I will raise my head and say, ‘My ummah, O Lord; my ummah, O Lord; my ummah, O Lord.’ It will be said, ‘Admit those among your ummah who are not to be brought to account through the right-hand gate of Paradise. They will share the other gates with the people of other nations.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4343; Muslim, 287).
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by AlBaqir(m): 10:50pm On Jul 27, 2017
submit:

You talk well. But aren't they the same? Maybe am lost.

Shafa'a is the intercession of the Prophet on the day of Qiyamat.
I want to ask cos I read somewhere, wherein the Prophet's uncle was about dying and the Prophet tried again to make him embrace Islam but the uncle refused. Then after death, Nabi tried praying (interceding) for the uncle before a verse was revealed against such thing.

# Both seem or is more or less the same but are not, really. Shafa'a is on the day of Qiyamat while Tawassul is on this earth. Using the two interchangeably with intention of "asking Allah", there is no difference. So, am also waiting for his reply on that.

# As per the story above, that's a debate on its own. Its one pack of lies. We don't need to digress more here.

Mr Newnas, is Tawassul via Nabi, other prophets, awliya Allah (friends of Allah), Qur'an, etc acceptable?
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by Newnas(m): 10:51pm On Jul 27, 2017
The second type: general intercession. This will be granted to the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and others – angels, Prophets and righteous people – will share in it as Allaah wills. This is of various kinds:
1 – Intercession for some people who have entered Hell, that they might be brought forth from it. There is a great deal of evidence for this, for example:
The marfoo’ hadeeth of Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) in Saheeh Muslim (269): “By the One in Whose hand is my soul, none of you can be more insistent in asking Allaah to restore his rights against his opponent than the believers who will ask Allaah, on the Day of Resurrection, (to grant them the power of intercession) for their brothers who are in the Fire. They will say, ‘Our Lord, they used to fast with us and pray and perform Hajj.’ It will be said to them, ‘Bring out those whom you recognize, so the Fire will be forbidden to burn them.’ So they will bring out many people… And Allaah will say: ‘The angels have interceded, and the Prophets have interceded, and the believers have interceded. There is none left but the Most Merciful of those who show mercy.’ Then He will seize a handful of the Fire and bring forth from it people who never did anything good.
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by Newnas(m): 10:52pm On Jul 27, 2017
2 – Intercession for people who deserve Hell, that they may not enter it.

This may be indicated by the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “There is no Muslim who dies and forty men who associate nothing with Allaah pray the funeral prayer for him, but Allaah will accept their intercession for him.” (Narrated by Muslim, 1577). For this intercession happens before the deceased enters Hell, and Allaah will accept their intercession concerning that.

3 – Intercession for some of the believers who deserve Paradise, that they may be raised in status in Paradise. For example, Muslim (may Allaah have mercy on him) narrated (1528) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed for Abu Salamah and said: “O Allaah, forgive Abu Salamah and raise his status among those who are guided, and take good care of his family that he has left behind. Forgive us and him, O Lord of the Worlds, make his grave spacious for him and illuminate it for him.”
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by Newnas(m): 10:53pm On Jul 27, 2017
Conditions of this intercession:
The evidence indicates that intercession in the Hereafter will only happen if the following conditions are met:

1) Allaah must approve of the one for whom intercession is made, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“and they cannot intercede except for him with whom He is pleased”
[al-Anbiya’ 21:28]
This implies that the one for whom intercession is made must be a believer in Tawheed, because Allaah is not pleased with the mushrikeen. In
Saheeh al-Bukhaari (97) it is narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he said: “It was said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, who will be the most blessed of people by your intercession of the Day of Resurrection?’ The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I thought, O Abu Hurayrah, that no one would ask me about this hadeeth before you, because I have seen how keen you are to learn hadeeth. The people who will be most blessed by my intercession on the Day of Resurrection are those who say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah sincerely from the heart.’”
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by Newnas(m): 10:55pm On Jul 27, 2017
https://islamqa.info/en/26259

I copied the long texts from this site. please try to visit it, you will find it useful.
Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by submit: 11:06pm On Jul 27, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Both seem or is more or less the same but are not, really. Shafa'a is on the day of Qiyamat while Tawassul is on this earth. Using the two interchangeably with intention of "asking Allah", there is no difference. So, am also waiting for his reply on that.

# As per the story above, that's a debate on its own. Its one pack of lies. We don't need to digress more here.

Mr Newnas, is Tawassul via Nabi, other prophets, awliya Allah (friends of Allah), Qur'an, etc acceptable?

Newnas, pls reply this using The heading of the thread; You alone we worship, You alone we ask for help...

Cos I think there should be a difference between the way Christians pray and Muslims pray... or so I thought

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by Empiree: 11:08pm On Jul 27, 2017
AlBaqir:

In fact these so-called " Islamic" singers are even worse than those secular musicians because of Religion they use as sheild. However, the question is what are the sensible Muslim scholars do to address the issue? Many of them need Islamic education on Music. Obviously, attacking, abusing, condemning them can never ever stop them. People's heart/mind get stronger in such situation.
Alfas are actually making progress addressing them. So much I dislike Buhari omo Musa sometimes, he spoke the truth against them in a lecture i watched. Those singers were present and they felt so uncomfortable. Same thing with Imam Offa, he spoke frankly against them. Sheikh Abdulfatai thaqofi also did but subtle way. Sheikh Ajani Bello did as well. They can only try their best but can not fully stop them. We live in strange time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Alone We Worship And You Alone We Ask For Help by AlBaqir(m): 11:14pm On Jul 27, 2017
submit:

Newnas, pls reply this using The heading of the thread; You alone we worship, You alone we ask for help...

Cos I think there should be a difference between the way Christians pray and Muslims pray... or so I thought

# Yeah. Like I said am earnestly waiting for his reply on this. No doubt you are asking about Tawassul.

# To make things more clearer:

* Christian believe Jesus is God, Lord or 3 in 1 God. Therefore, they sometimes prayed to him directly with intention that he is HE. And sometimes they prayed to the Father via Jesus. This second part is "Tawassul". The first part is a clear Shrik (polytheism).

* Muslim do not see Nabi or anybody as God other than Allah. And Muslim do not see anybody as independent of power.

# There is a 5 hours well organised debate on the topic of Tawassul/Shafa'a between a mainstream Sunni scholar and a Salafi/Wahabi scholar. Let's here Newnas first, I will make my comments, then I can post the link of the debate or tag you on its existing thread.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women Of Dajjal Coming To Rule Over Men- Sheikh Imran Hosein / Hadith Of Dajjal??? / Shameless Christian And Their Vow 'walayi Talayi'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.