Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Osun Govt Not Owing Workers —aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Govt Not Owing Workers —aregbesola (662 Views)

‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory / Salary Arrears: Gov Bello Makes U-turn, Insists He's Not Owing Workers' Salaries / List Of States Owing Workers After Paris Club Refund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Govt Not Owing Workers —aregbesola by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 27, 2017
He made this known in Osogbo, while delivering a keynote address during a programme organised by the Osun State Police Command of the Police Community Relations Committee (PCRC).
Aregbesola described as total falsehood insinuation that Osun was not paying workers their monthly salaries, contending that “in spite the economic challenges confronting the nation and Osun State in particular, his administration had not failed in paying the state workforce regularly.
His reaction came as he advocated for the decentralisation of the Nigeria Police Force, with a view to strengthening the effective security of the country from the local, state and federal level.
Aregbesola said he was aware of the insinuation being peddled by those he regarded as adversaries to incite the public against his administration, saying workers in the state have been paid up to June 2017.
According to him, “there is need to educate Nigerians about the salary situation in Osun, because some people have been saying that since my administration is conscious about eradicating poverty why not pay workers’ salaries? Let me make a resounding correction that despite the paucity of funds, it is only a section of workers on grade level 12 and above who receives painfully 50 per cent of their gross salaries based on agreement between the government and the labour union.
“So outside that category of workers on grade level 12 and above, no other receives half of his or her salaries and the workers in this category are just 20 per cent of the state workforce. Outside that, officers on levels 8-10 receive 75 per cent of their salaries while officers on levels 7 and below receive their full pay.
“Contrary to what the naysayers claim about us, all workers in the state have received their salaries up to June this year according to the payment scheme and agreement. The only outstanding salary in Osun is the month we are in and by the grace of God before the month end, every worker will earn their salary in line with the agreement we have with workers,” Aregbesola said.
He added: “As we pay active workers, so we pay pensioners. The only outstanding pay to pensioners is the gratuity and this is due to workers who choose not to participate in the Contributory Pension Scheme and therefore left service in 2011/2012. The amount required to service that gratuity is about N5billion and we keep on telling them that once we have the capacity to so do, we will surely pay them.
While advocating for the devolution of police structure, Governor Aregbesola canvassed for a total decentralisation of Nigeria Police which he said is the only solution to myriads of civil challenges in the country.
Aregbesola stated that “if we can not afford total decentralisation of Police, then let us adopt zonal command structure that will localise policing within the zone. We must have state and local police structure so as to effectively combat crimes and criminality in the country.
“As we all know, most of our security challenges are basically due to inability of our centralised structure of policing in which police do fail to effectively understand the terrain to which perpetrators of many of these crimes operate,” he stressed.
In his lecture, the former Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, attributed some of the socio-economic, religious, political and security challenges in the country to lack of personal sacrificial spirit between and among Nigerian people.
Arase, whose lecture zeroed on the theme of the symposium, “Combating Twin Evil of Terrorism and Kidnapping through People’s Policing in Nigeria,” condemned in its totality what he described as barbaric the incessant cases of kidnapping, terrorism and insurgency in the country

http://tribuneonlineng.com/osun-govt-not-owing-workers-aregbesola/
Re: Osun Govt Not Owing Workers —aregbesola by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 27, 2017
Can any osun state civil servant confirm this statement made by this indebted governor?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Govt Not Owing Workers —aregbesola by buccunmie(m): 2:04am On Jul 27, 2017
D same Osun in Nigeria or another Osun? Let me come and be going

2 Likes

Re: Osun Govt Not Owing Workers —aregbesola by Desyner: 2:13am On Jul 27, 2017
Any time this man has the opportunity to pay half month salary he pays the last half month of over 10 months owed and quickly claim no salaries are being owed workers. I hope he is doing same for himself also.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Govt Not Owing Workers —aregbesola by sarrki(m): 2:16am On Jul 27, 2017
I don't know why I love Aregbesola

He did not allow anyone to bully him paying salary when meagre money were coming in from center.

Rather he used it for social infrastructure
So that to leave legacy behind

Today he as paid all salary

Weldone Aregbesola

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Govt Not Owing Workers —aregbesola by sarrki(m): 2:18am On Jul 27, 2017
Love Machine:
Can any osun state civil servant confirm this state made by this indebted governor?

No sire

You can catch the next flight and confirm for us

Or simply drive down
Re: Osun Govt Not Owing Workers —aregbesola by nextprince: 2:21am On Jul 27, 2017
sarrki:

No sire

You can catch the next flight and confirm for us

Or simply drive down
grin grin grin
Laff want comot my teeth.

https://www.nairaland.com/3548765/what-course-regret-not-studying#52430408

https://www.nairaland.com/2635013/dangote-refinery-test-invitation#38541232

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Govt Not Owing Workers —aregbesola by Neminc: 9:44am On Jul 27, 2017
No, he is not owing workers, he is just holding the money for them. Aregbese!!!! Your workers dey sight you o

2 Likes

Re: Osun Govt Not Owing Workers —aregbesola by mexxmoney: 9:51am On Jul 27, 2017
How can a grandfather lie with such impunity? So what happened to the other half of the salary you are yet to pay? Maybe you have helped them to invest it abi?

1 Like

Re: Osun Govt Not Owing Workers —aregbesola by itchie: 10:00am On Jul 27, 2017
What is wrong with this old fool?

Re: Osun Govt Not Owing Workers —aregbesola by buccunmie(m): 3:46pm On Jul 27, 2017
sarrki:
I don't know why I love Aregbesola

He did not allow anyone to bully him paying salary when meagre money were coming in from center.

Rather he used it for social infrastructure
So that to leave legacy behind

Today he as paid all salary

Weldone Aregbesola
Egbon sarrki u v draw mad

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Treating An Undisclosed And Mysterious Illness In Far-away London - Ffk / Buhari And Emiefele Discussing The Economy Pictorial Evidence / Nigerian Is The Headquarters Of Corruption In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.