Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers (7182 Views)

Ghanaian Prostitute Pushes Client To Death From Hotel Window (Video) / Ibrahim Idris: Alfa Rapes 3 Daughters Of Couple Who Housed Him Free For 7 Years / School Teacher Arrested While 'negotiating' For Kidnappers In Kogi State (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Webvibez: 3:36am On Jul 27, 2017

The Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, is pushing for stricter laws on kidnapping.
While meeting with Commissioners of Police and other senior officers of the Force in Abuja yesterday, the IGP urged the National Assembly to enact stricter laws. He stated that the evil act is thriving because there are no laws in place to tackle it.

He said: "When I went to the National Assembly, I told them that what we need to challenge kidnapping is punishment. I think these boys see us parade people but they don’t see them taken to court or sentenced to death. In some states where kidnapping leads to death of somebody, the penalty is death but they only see the court sentencing such persons to 10 years or life imprisonment.

"I feel that is why they feel more relaxed and I told the National Assembly that we need to have more stringent punishment for kidnappers. I think that is the only way to check the menace because they see it as child’s play. If you go all over the Command across the states, you would discover that some of these youths are getting more involved in kidnapping. Like I told the National Assembly, I believe if we can get laws to check it, we are going to see several changes. In Niger Republic, a Boko Haram suspect was arrested and within one week, judgement was passed. That sent a very strong message that whoever that is planning to go into it should desist but here, we have suspects year in, year out, appearing in in court and matter continually adjourned."

He continued: "It does not serve as deterrent to them and even most of them kept in police cells are more comfortable there. So, I think to address the level of kidnapping in the country, a law should be passed.”

http://webvibez..com/2017/07/igp-pushes-for-death-penalty-for.html

5 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by ceemac: 3:48am On Jul 27, 2017
K
Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Myself2(m): 3:49am On Jul 27, 2017
Supported

Kudos to the IGP for being bold enough to advocate this.You don't want to imagine the trauma,heartache and pain the basterrds kidnappers subject their victims and families to

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Nobody: 4:08am On Jul 27, 2017

Only foolish people will support dis plan

D govt has failed in reducing poverty

But thank God for kidnapping

Kidnapping is one of d successful ways of distributing income equally among the citizens

Through kidnapping money move frm d corrupt politicians to the poor masses

Watch this

1. Politician embezzles money nd becomes rich

2. Evans kidnaps politician nd demands for #10m

3. Politician pays Evans

4. Evans spends money on avg business people (i.e d poor masses) through food items, beer, money gifts etc

Pls Join

#TEAM/LEAVE/OUR/KIDNAPPERS/ALONE

#Eco99#

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by kingphilip(m): 6:27am On Jul 27, 2017
And national assembly are pushing for only 7 years for those in the act of looting the country dry..

I don't support either but I think they're worth the same punishment as this

Let's quickly do a survey.

If you want death penalty for looters, click like otherwise click share

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by kingphilip(m): 6:28am On Jul 27, 2017
If you want death penalty for kidnappers, click like and if not, click share

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by optional1(f): 6:29am On Jul 27, 2017
EFCC should also push for life in imprisonment for politicals looters...

Supporters rise your hands biko.

13 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Young03(m): 10:42am On Jul 27, 2017
Death penalty for looters as well

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:42am On Jul 27, 2017
Wat abt looters? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by IgboticGirl(f): 10:42am On Jul 27, 2017
seconded

3 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by LastSurvivor11: 10:43am On Jul 27, 2017
That's very wonderful but we will 1st like the immunity granted to NASS and other public office holders removed.
And don't forget death penalty to pen thieves too..

3 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by ybalogs(m): 10:43am On Jul 27, 2017
Seconded

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by 2016v2017: 10:43am On Jul 27, 2017
good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by ybalogs(m): 10:43am On Jul 27, 2017
Looters and Rapists should be on the list too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by 0b100100111: 10:44am On Jul 27, 2017

Good one!

By that way, Nigeria can reduce the population of our flat-headed brothers from the land-locked erosion ridden region.

If well effected, they shouldn't be less than 500,000 by 2019 and 100,000 by 2023.

And if drug trafficking can also attract death penalty, then we re certain of there extinction by 2040 when Europe will ban production of petrol and diesel automobiles

Good development!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by magoo10(m): 10:45am On Jul 27, 2017
In Nigeria laws are meant for the poor and those without connection,I have seen senior police officers setting free kidnappers just because they have one god father some where. Even the elites, politicians and people in top echelon of the society have kidnap squads and gangs. Also there is enormous hunger in the land,a lot of youths are jobless and there is less opportunities.until the head is cut off Nigeria will continue going in circles.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:46am On Jul 27, 2017
ecoeco:
[s]

Kidnapping is one of d successful ways of distributing income equally among the citizens

Watch this

3. Politician pays Evans

4. Evans spends money on avg business people (i.e d poor masses) through food items, beer, money gifts etc

Pls Join

#TEAM/LEAVE/OUR/KIDNAPPERS/ALONE[/s]

#Eco99#

Nwamaipke wannabe!
You are just repulsive angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by 2016v2017: 10:46am On Jul 27, 2017
Myself2:
Supported

Kudos to the IGP for being bold enough to advocate this.You don't want to imagine the trauma,heartache and pain the basterrds kidnappers subject their victims and families to
Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by kwyllancy: 10:47am On Jul 27, 2017
Is it not funny that a law for a death sentence on kidnappers is yet to be passed?

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by anyimontana(m): 10:48am On Jul 27, 2017
ecoeco:

Watch this

3. Politician pays Evans

Pls Join

#Eco99#
kidnapping will fall on u and ur household sooner dan u think IJN..and God will punish u if u don't say amen to dis,and He will punish u the more if u quote me

7 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Neddstark: 10:49am On Jul 27, 2017
WE SUPPORT YOU SIR. Unfortunately IPOB will blame you for wanting to kill their brothers grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by bellazz(m): 10:51am On Jul 27, 2017
I beg my country people.. we no hear about evans again...truly... this country is a Zoo.... Governing by A Zoologist

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by erico2k2(m): 10:52am On Jul 27, 2017
Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by erico2k2(m): 10:52am On Jul 27, 2017
ecoeco:

Watch this

3. Politician pays Evans

Pls Join

#Eco99#
U relate to EVAns abi?
Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by azeecoboy(m): 10:55am On Jul 27, 2017
this should have been implemented before now...
atleast it would reduce the rate of kidnapping
Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by azeecoboy(m): 10:58am On Jul 27, 2017
which begs the questions??..
What's the update with Evans??
Has judgement been meted out on him by killing him too?
Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by tit(f): 10:58am On Jul 27, 2017
foolish blood thirsty idiot
Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by verygudbadguy(m): 11:02am On Jul 27, 2017
ecoeco:

Watch this

3. Politician pays Evans

Pls Join

#Eco99#
We were taught to emulate good things and ignore the bad ones but you chose to emulate the bad one from your mentor Nwa*kpe...

May God purge your heart from all those nonsense you litter NL with.
Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Mnbv: 11:05am On Jul 27, 2017
Clowns cool

When are they going to push for death sentence for those POLITHIEFCIANS who kidnap and rape the national wealth of this country? cool kidnappers only ruin few families in unit and tense but POLITHIEFCIANS ruin the lives of millions of families across the country yet they don't deem it right to declare death sentence on these POLITHIEFCIANS? Any Nigerian that think this news is fighting for their course is not thinking well.
Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by yelinco1(m): 11:05am On Jul 27, 2017
Webvibez:

http://webvibez..com/2017/07/igp-pushes-for-death-penalty-for.html

KIDNAPPERS ARE STRONG ENEMY OF THIS COUNTRY. CURRUPT POLITICAL OFFICE HOLDERS ARE MORE STRONGER ENEMY TO ANY NATION. I RECOMMEND SAME PENALTY FOR BOTH OFFENCES.
Re: Ibrahim Idris Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers by modsfucker: 11:09am On Jul 27, 2017
ecoeco:

Watch this

3. Politician pays Evans

Pls Join

#Eco99#

I believe your tune would change when they kidnap your dirty ass to their den.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"I Will Deal With Him":. Alleged Face Behind Gistlovers Blog Exposed (pics) / (video) Thief Who Sneaked Into A House Is Eaten By Dogs / Meet The First Most Wanted Female Terrorist In The World (assata Shakur) Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.