Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House (2616 Views)

This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife / Types Of Husband: Men What Type Are You? Women What type Is Your Hubby?? / Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by Preggy1: 1:48pm On Feb 08, 2010
How will you react when you discover your hubby is secretly building a house for his siblings?

undecided
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 08, 2010
It's his siblings not a girlfriend, so no problem there cheesy. However why is he keeping it a secret from you? That's the part I would definitely have problems with. kiss
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by Demdem(m): 4:43pm On Feb 08, 2010
If i find out that my WIFE is secretly doing that, i wont find it funny oooo. HELL WILL let loose oooo
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by coolier(f): 8:23pm On Feb 08, 2010
Absolutely nothing. I'll fake ignorance and life goes on as usual. Since we have our own house, I won't have a problem with that. He doesn't want me to know, I'll pretend not to know. 'Am sure when the time comes he'll tell me and if he doesn't, I won't ever ask him. But I know! And "knowledge is power"!!! But the interesting thing is he doesn't know that I do.
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by maximized(m): 8:28pm On Feb 08, 2010
Is he the bread winner of the entire family and do you oppose his decisions to help his siblings? If your answer is NO, then something is not just right. Have a heart-to-heart discussion with him to know his reasons for this action. Don´t undermine what a man can do, he maybe getting ready to bring in another SHE. lipsrsealed[img][/img]
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by SeXyBoNE: 10:20pm On Feb 08, 2010
perhaps, he is afraid u might dissent of his ideas. He knows you better.

Lets be sincere, some wifes can be so wicked that they will not allow their husband to do anytin reasonable for his siblins/family. though we still have smart guys out there, who will secretly [just like this one] put up somtin big for their siblins despite their wifes attitude
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by Fhemmmy: 10:38pm On Feb 08, 2010
This one get K-Leg oh.
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 09, 2010
~Preggy~:

How will you react when you discover your hubby is secretly building a house for his siblings?

undecided

I'll feel bad for myself because I'll know that the only reason he kept it as a secret from me was because he knew I woudn't be supportive. Which means I have failed in my fundamental duty as a wife - to support my husband in any decision he makes, even if I don't like it!

. . . and then I'll make sure he builds the exact same house for my siblings too! cheesy grin tongue
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by jumie(f): 11:23am On Feb 09, 2010
The only reason he will not tell the wife is because she may disapprove of the idea.

I will not be sad about him building a house for his siblings but the idea of keeping it from me will make me angry!!!
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by nwaka80(f): 12:15pm On Feb 09, 2010
I will also start building a house secretly to my own siblings if i have the resources. Do me i do u man no go vex.
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by Preggy1: 12:34pm On Feb 09, 2010
Thanks for all your contributions

Demdem:

If i find out that my WIFE is secretly doing that, i wont find it funny oooo. HELL WILL let loose oooo

thats what i intended doing intially but on a second thot; i decided to play dumb; like i m not aware like coolier advised but the only difference this time is that we live in a rented apartment

coolier:

Absolutely nothing. I'll fake ignorance and life goes on as usual. Since we have our own house, I won't have a problem with that. He doesn't want me to know, I'll pretend not to know. 'Am sure when the time comes he'll tell me and if he doesn't, I won't ever ask him. But I know! And "knowledge is power"!!! But the interesting thing is he doesn't know that I do.
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by Preggy1: 12:41pm On Feb 09, 2010
Fhemmmy:

This one get K-Leg oh.

Fhemmmy na so we see am ooo   undecided

jumie:

The only reason he will not tell the wife is because she may disapprove of the idea.

I will not be sad about him building a house for his siblings but the idea of keeping it from me will make me angry!!!

To be sincere with you; I will disapprove the idea if he told me.  Why on earth will he build a house for his siblings when we are living in a rented apartment?   

I m not happy with him for not telling me; If i was the one who did that; I'm sure hell would have been let loose already! I guess i just act like i never knew for peace to reign!
Thanks for all your inputs  kiss   kiss
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by dominique(f): 12:58pm On Feb 09, 2010
my father also built a house for his good uncle who has been like his father figure to him since he lost his dad. we didn't get to know till the house was nearly done. we never really felt betrayed cos he never deprived us of anything (at least most of the time wink) and my great uncle really deserves the house.
the most thing is that he's performing his husbandly and fatherly duties. if he is, then give him time to open to you. he prolly doesn't want to be discoureged from helping his sibblings.
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by snowdrops(m): 8:59pm On Feb 09, 2010
~Preggy~:

undecided

I think you are much more infuriated with the fact that he is doing sumthing for his siblings rather than building a secret house.
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 10, 2010
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by agathamari(f): 11:17am On Feb 10, 2010
is in a habbit of making grandious surprises to you/family in the past?  if not simply ask him about it
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by damilolami(f): 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2011
The fact that we live in a rented apartment makes it bad. I'll let him realise that there'll always be consequences when you neglect your immediate family for extended ones 'cos the immediate ones will always be there whereas the extended ones might desert you, siblings or not. But I'll forgive him after all he's still my husband.
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by ronkebp(f): 3:34pm On Sep 21, 2011
@ Poster i think you approach him without letting loose all 'hell', ask him why he has hidden it from you and has decided to build house for his siblings first, before building his own since you guys are still living in a rented apartment. Ask him on the bed!!! before or after many, many things, cool cool, he will divulge everything you need to know.
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by Outstrip(f): 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2011
Can only speak for myself. ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by horny4u(f): 12:41am On Sep 24, 2011
If we can afford it then it means i am stingy,

I have learnt as hard as it may be to let my hubby do as he pleases he knows best

but

[s]I know i will secretly start building for my self too[/s], better 2 than 1 secret.
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by Iranoladun(f): 12:02pm On Sep 27, 2011
I will secretly build a house for mysel and upon completion secretly file for divorce.
I don't joke around with trust and integrity let him secretly marry his siblings since he is now secretly half partner/half husband.
Do me I do you God no go vex
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by yogun(f): 1:11pm On Sep 27, 2011
I will act like i never heard, wont asked but will sit back and think if it's another pointer that i shld sit right.

Considering, they are still living in a rented apartment, the babe shld chill and save for the rainy day,

No let all hell loose, waste of energy. conserve it and just wait and see
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by Outstrip(f): 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2011
Iranoladun:

I will secretly build a house for mysel and upon completion secretly file for divorce.
I don't joke around with trust and integrity let him secretly marry his siblings since he is now secretly half partner/half husband.

See your mouth like divorce. I agree that it is totally a trust issue. Sweeping it under the rug is the worst thing you can do. He better have a damn good reason and should be ready to not be trusted again. That is a big no-no. Especially in a marriage where everything is supposed to be transparent and money is comingled
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 27, 2011
//
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 27, 2011
Outstrip:

Can only speak for myself. ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE

A woman after my own heart. cool
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by Iranoladun(f): 4:50pm On Sep 27, 2011
@Outstrip
Why are you saying "see my mouth like divorce"
I have invested money, time energy emotion 100% of the whole of my being in my marriage with no holds bar so if my husband now decided to secretly build a house for his sibling while we are still living in a rented apartment it means he has lost respect for me and the union. I don't like being treated like trash so I will quietly devise my escape route from the fake marriage & start rebuilding my life all over again
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2011
I would ask him y he is secretly building a house, to my surprise it might just be that he is not building for his sisters but for us. Just ask. FULLSTOP
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by ronkebp(f): 6:01pm On Sep 27, 2011
^^^^^ I tought so too, that he might be trying to surprise his wife.
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by oildude(m): 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2013
Iranoladun: I will secretly build a house for mysel and upon completion secretly file for divorce.

U go tey 4 ur papa house be dat nw,so o fe ya le mo su,abi,wetin d divorce wan fetch u
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by SAFO(m): 5:28pm On Oct 25, 2013
Oya, let's put the cold hearted truth out there that the wife may not want to hear. The fact is that, they're his siblings and will always be his siblings. You on the other hand may not always be his wife.

These are his brothers and sisters he grew up with through thick and thin since birth, he has a moral duty assuming he is the eldest to take care of them.. Yes, he's supposed to take care of you as well but ask yourself, is your marriage rock solid? As bad as it may seem you cant blame a man for handling his responsibilities. If i was in his shoes, I might do the same thing as well even if I catch wahala from my wife.
Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by ifyalways(f): 9:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
I'll secretly monitor the house too and have an estate agent ready. Immediately he finishes gbam,I'll rent it out.

1 Like

Re: Wives: What will you do If you Discover Your Hubby Is Secretly Building A House by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
A husband building a house and not telling his wife

By the way @OP how did u get to know self

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fetal Gender Detection: Earliest Possible Time / Father Retakes Wedding Photos With His 3 Year Old In Mom's Memory / To Tell Or Not To Tell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.