Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? (16041 Views)

Go And Do A Paternity Test On You Children, Especially Your First Child / Court Dissolves Marriage As DNA Reveals Child’s Paternity / How To Find If A Child Is Yours Or Not Without A DNA Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by Denko2721987(m): 1:25pm On Jul 27, 2017
Going by the sudden increased awareness on DNA tests for paternity verification in Nigeria, many Nigerian men/husbands are now more willing than ever before to undertake a DNA paternity test not minding its high cost just to verify the exact perternity of their kids arising from the growing realization that promiscuity (cheating) in marriages or relationships today which used to be mostly a man's affair/indulgence has now been massively adopted/initiated (i dont know if thats the right word to use now sef, lolz) by the women folk especially those in marriages due to many persons reasons and societal factors one of which is the negative artificial changes and alterations that we've allowed to penetrate our value and moral system to pollute/corrupt our natural societal, family and cultural norms and heritage all in the name of totally accepting the Western way of life and modernization (which has had its positives though)..

For these reasons, men are constantly living with the fear, mistrust and perception that the rapid proliferation in women's unfaithfulness especially in Nigeria today (this is subject to debate even though there are other indices to support this) might just mean that there could always be that lingering possibility that their kids (most commen scenario) and even their parents (less common scenario) which they have always believed for years was the flesh of their flesh and bone of their bones, might just turn out to be in reality the flesh and flesh/bone of bones of another man or parent which could just be a horrendous nightmare..

Now, i want to ask the Nairaland community today. Would you take a DNA pertenity test if it was offered to you for FREE This includes a perternity test for your own biological parents and for your own kids (you can specify which test you would preferably go for in your comments) irrespective of your gender even though i feel its a situation that seems to affect the men more than the women (they seem to frown so much at this idea of DNA paternity testing and i wonder why)..

So, this is my question this afternoon folks..

Good afternoon everyone..

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by webman03: 1:30pm On Jul 27, 2017
hmm

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by okawanyi(m): 1:30pm On Jul 27, 2017
Say wetin happen na?
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by ojun50(m): 1:44pm On Jul 27, 2017
Hw did i get here

15 Likes

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by Denko2721987(m): 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2017
ojun50:
Hw did i get here
by banana

44 Likes

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by pinky1974: 6:03pm On Jul 28, 2017
Lo Batan grin
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:51am On Jul 29, 2017
For my parents? I'll do no test... Doing the test is an exercise in futility...

For my kids? I trust my wife (to be) tongue

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by MisterGrace: 11:31am On Jul 29, 2017
Hmm
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by GoHost: 10:10pm On Jul 29, 2017
Interesting
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by KingLennon(m): 10:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
Tt
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
Yes, as far as I am married to a Nigerian girl.

Huge photography secret revealed. Don't open if you are not a photographer
http://www.fototech.com.ng/things-i-wish-i-knew-when-i-started-photography/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by elantraceey(f): 10:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
For my parents I will for peace sake but for my children they'll never be a need for that.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by chinex276(m): 10:12pm On Jul 29, 2017
I will... me no trust anyone

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by babyfaceafrica: 10:12pm On Jul 29, 2017
Will accept it..why should I be afraid?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by MadCow1: 10:12pm On Jul 29, 2017
Why not..

angry

And it may not just be to catch a cheating spouse, what if your baby was switched at birth.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by TellMeNothing: 10:12pm On Jul 29, 2017
See question.. You de very funny OP!

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2017
I wan sleep abeg
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by Integrityfarms(m): 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2017
If am a woman, once my hubby agrees to take the kids for paternity test, I won't utter a word but once the results are out and he is sure he owns all the kids, I will sue for divorce for he never trusted me.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by 0b100100111: 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2017
Why not!

Better late than never!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by StarPlayer: 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2017
I look like my father and my son looks like me, so no need smiley

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by ivolt: 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2017
70% of first borns nowadays are illegitimate.
DNA test is advised if there is any suspicion.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by d33types: 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2017
I'm a carbon copy of my dad. Even to the height and birthmarks..it will be a waste of funds.. i rather give the free opportunity to those black men having children with curly hair

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by holatin(m): 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2017
am a very sensitive guy, making my kid take it and finding out heshe aren't mine will kill me faster than all chemical weapon combine.

I don't want to know.
what I don't know cant hurt me.

can let a pieces of paper change my feeling about a kid who used to be my everything.

if you know my dad then you know you don't need DNA to know the paternity status. he vomited all of us, we aren't born.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 29, 2017
cheesy Reject grin don't ask me why, no reason though!!

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by udexc: 10:14pm On Jul 29, 2017
No wahala, good to go
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 10:14pm On Jul 29, 2017
I won't sad... Exactly how it happened here... lease just read

Sad end of a heartbroken Hustler
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by Lrhex: 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2017
Check out dis new discovery here.... More photos
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by Earthquake1: 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2017
DNA tests would only serve to breed distrust in a family.

I'll rather father children that are not mine than to live in an untrusted family.

4 Likes

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by ethicalUser(m): 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2017
I will gladly accept before I go end up raising up a child like Evans and bobrisky.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by Integrityfarms(m): 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2017
ivolt:
70% of first borns nowadays are illegitimate. DNA test is advised if there is any suspicion.

Very wrong statistical assertion.

8 Likes

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? by EWAagoyin(m): 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2017
If you see me and my father ehn nobody will tell you that's my father u urself go know

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? / Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? / Share Your Funny Childhood Behavior

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.