Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,413 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:03 PM

Lagos 2011 . .the Prospectives And How They Stand - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos 2011 . .the Prospectives And How They Stand (894 Views)

Aisha Cautions Buhari's Prospectives Aides,associates / Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - VANGUARD / Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos 2011 . .the Prospectives And How They Stand by forpeace: 3:21pm On Feb 08, 2010
JIMI AGBAJE : This very promising candidate enjoys a lot of goodwill from the previous election and is one of those courting the support of Asiwaju |Bola tinubu.JIMI AGBAJE is a well renown pharmacist and business man .If the alliance between the AC and olu falae is to occur,jimi agbaje might just become the AC flag bearer for Lagos state elections positioning him strongly to become the next governor of the state. . he also has access to a lot of funds as shown in the last elections.

BABATUNDE FASHOLA :Current governor of lagos state is favored by the populace to continue in 2011. .although just coming out of a conflict with his former boss and corruption allegations still dangling round his neck ,it definitely wont be an easy return to government house. . .with incumbency and finances at his disposal and also the people's support,BRF as he is fondly called seems almost destined to remain.His achievements have being described as unpreceedented in the history of lagos.

MUSILIU OBANIKORO :The PDP in Lagos cannot afford to put anyone else at this point other than Musliu obanikoro or stand to lose the election. .Following the loss of this candidate in the 2007 elections and the subsequent factionalization of his party and arrest of bode george, chances of a victory are very slim. .M.O as he is fondly called by supporters will have to work extra hard against the formidable machinery of the AC in lagos state.Rumours of his drug activities in ghana where he is currently posted as an ambassador will not be helping his chances either. . however he will be one of the candidates sure to add excitement to the electioneering process.

MUIZ BANIRE :Two time commissioner in lagos Muiz banire has been favoured as one of those likely to take over the reigns of affairs in lagos if BRF decides not to re-contest.he is said to be very close to tinubu . .Although The legal scion has consistently said it times without number that he's not interested in the top seat,he is reportedly being pleaded with by top party chieftains,royal fathers and members of the general public to contest due to his achievements while at the transport and currently environment ministry. .Rumour mills have it that he's the brain behind most of the government's policies and is the conceiver of the BRT, LASTMA, KAI, OSHODI RESTORATION,BEAUTIFICATION and other initiatives.A candidate with his experience will definitely shake up the race

TOKUNBO AFIKUYOMI :Rumour mills have it that the guber dreams of this senator has been shattered owing to the yacht corruption deal dangling over his head. .He reportedly wants to avoid the spotlight so as not to have corruption charges filed against him. .he however has not fully dedicated his support to BRF which has made BRF's reception to him cold.

ADEYEMI IKUFORIJI :The speaker of the lagos house of assembly has reportedly been handed the guber ticket by bola tinubu. .Sources hint that the speaker is positioned to become the next governor as a reward for his loyal deeds to asiwaju tinubu since he left office. . .|The speaker has embarked on town hall meetings and familarization tours throughout the nooks and crannies in lagos in a bid to drum up support in anticipation of the elections next year. . The AC primaries promises to be tough with an entrant as powerful as this.

FEMI PEDRO :Former banker and impeached dep governor of lagos is likely to slug it out with Musliu obanikoro for thePDP ticket to contest in next years elections. . .with no base or popular support,the tide seems to be rough for such a candidate.
Re: Lagos 2011 . .the Prospectives And How They Stand by dominique(f): 4:22pm On Feb 08, 2010
the whole thing is like 2007 all over again
Re: Lagos 2011 . .the Prospectives And How They Stand by forpeace: 4:26pm On Feb 08, 2010
let's hope we get more entrants who didnt partake in 2007. . .but time is already running short
Re: Lagos 2011 . .the Prospectives And How They Stand by laggchick: 10:32pm On Feb 08, 2010
BRF is our man! Go BRF!
Re: Lagos 2011 . .the Prospectives And How They Stand by olafolarin(m): 10:35pm On Feb 08, 2010
In the presence of Raji Fashola all other contestants are political migdets.
Re: Lagos 2011 . .the Prospectives And How They Stand by forpeace: 10:42pm On Feb 08, 2010
olafolarin:

In the presence of Raji Fashola all other contestants are political migdets.

Well my brother,if youre really conversant with the polity in lagos as it exists then you will know that Raji Fashola is the true political midget in the face of the others with the exception of Femi Pedro. .he might have learned a few skills but the other contestants have a longer track record and stronger political bases. . .Publicity might favour BRF,but elections always bring last minute suprises that publicity can do nothing about. .However may the best man win
Re: Lagos 2011 . .the Prospectives And How They Stand by xterra2(m): 11:07pm On Feb 08, 2010
BRF will surely defeat anyone easily
Re: Lagos 2011 . .the Prospectives And How They Stand by adekampe: 11:28pm On Feb 08, 2010
forpeace:

MUIZ BANIRE :. .Rumour mills have it that he's the brain behind most of the government's policies and is the conceiver of the BRT, LASTMA, KAI, OSHODI RESTORATION,BEAUTIFICATION and other initiatives.A candidate with his experience will definitely shake up the race

If i can have someone like this as Governor while waste him away as an ordinary commissioner? I hope he eventually decides to contest.Fashola has been good but my gut feeling tells me this man would be better. he has my vote
Re: Lagos 2011 . .the Prospectives And How They Stand by dominique(f): 9:44pm On Feb 09, 2010
if Fashola decides not to run in 2011, then Banire gets the AC ticket. i've been hearing good things about the man
may the best person (who has the best interests of the people in mind) win
Re: Lagos 2011 . .the Prospectives And How They Stand by bombsquad(m): 11:18pm On Feb 09, 2010
I have been following the works of Banire for a long time and have been over impressed. . i have also been hammering it on this site for a long time that fashola is good but in Banire we can get better. . .i believe he is the el-rufai we need in lagos. . .he has my vote.BRF has done a good job but its time for someone else to bring a new dimension to the job. lets not settle for less .lets continue to ask for the best we can get

(1) (Reply)

Is It True Army Chief Said He's Only Loyal To Yar'adua? / President Goodluck Jonathan Declare State Of Emmergency In Aba / Message For Babapupa: Crime: Lagos, Ogun Top In Armed Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.