Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? (11916 Views)

Resign Or I Sack You - Female Director To PA For Denying Her Sex / Wells Carlton Hotel Celebrates Members Of Staff For Hardwork And Devotion / Man Sacks Female Staff For Insulting His Wife & Vying For Side Chic Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by adollyboy(m): 2:24pm On Jul 27, 2017
Two of my staff rendered the company service to a client this morning.They however did not remit the #500 being cost of service rendered.Unfortunately,they were caught.Right now am thinking of sacking them to serve as deterrence to others.Will my action be justified looking at the amount involved?

1 Like

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by marvelling(m): 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2017
adollyboy:
Two of my staff rendered the company service to a client this morning.They however did not remit the #500 being cost of service rendered.Unfortunately,they were caught.Right now am thinking of sacking them to serve as deterrence to others.Will my action be justified looking at the amount involved?

yes! you will be justified. sack them. today they stole N500, tomorrow they might steal N500,000. Be swift and decisive. Take action against them to deter others.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by ultron12345: 6:20am On Jul 28, 2017
Make sure u sack them, I suggest u make a policy that at the end of every year, anyone caught in fraud will have his/her full details including name, picture along with the persons crime published in several national dailies, also letters should b sent to prospective employers , warning them of the dangers of employing that fraudulent employee......with such policy in place, no employee will partake in fraud unless the person doesn't like himself.. ....also make them provide 3 guarantors at point of employment in case they steal money and run away...maybe with intention of starting their business......and after sacking and retrieving the stolen funds, they should be handed over to the EFCC........also ensure that a whistle blowing mechanism is in place

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by emmyw(m): 7:31am On Jul 28, 2017
Hmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by NwaAmaikpe: 7:31am On Jul 28, 2017
shocked

Do not sack them,

Technically and ideally, 'cost of service' should go to the staff who rendered the service to the customer.

So it's you who is short-changing them.

500 is very negligible, it will be heartless of you to sack them.
The country is hard and everybody dey find small place where dem fit chop from.

I'm sure if you put yourself in their shoes, you'd see you'd have stolen more, those staffs of yours have a good heart if that's all they stole.

I understand it might be hard for you to overlook it, and you want to send a strong signal to other staff, but please just listen to 'Holy Pass' by Tuface and take a cold bottle of Hero beer; you'd be fine.

If you want this to stop, just increase their pay and give them more incentives.

172 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Leonbonapart(m): 7:31am On Jul 28, 2017
Have mercy on them buy giving them strict warning before other staffs..... the whoso ever involve in such act will be sacked that same minute.... no render them jobless biko

13 Likes

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Buking1: 7:31am On Jul 28, 2017

Remember to weigh their contributions to company and their absence
It time Nigeria realizes that the company growth is collective effect of their staff then they will be able to grow more..
any adice we tell u here will end with the one you told yourself at the end so check and wiegh it who lose when you sack them
It hard to get most productive people
All those of us here shouting sack them can be more dangerous than them, 90% naija are hypocrites including me self but I don't do aka ntutu oo Biko kwa
By the way naija if you want get instant date use this app called sabichat, it's made for naija and free to get your friends instantly
Androids phones user click here to download it on google play store instant and thank me later
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sabichat.app

9 Likes

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Goddaughter: 7:31am On Jul 28, 2017
Yes. They are too terrible. From that #500 it will reach to bigger money mistakingly keep.there is expert stealing staff. That how of one my staff used to.her own is, as you are taking with her she is using left hand putting inside your bag. She stole my modem worth of #4500. Stealing is in their blood

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by FreeSpirited: 7:32am On Jul 28, 2017
It's like your business is for father Xmas if you are still asking this que. U may tender mercy if your business has enough cushion to withstand subsequent stealing behind your back

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 28, 2017
Someone was sacked in my office because of #100

10 Likes

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 28, 2017
Sack those kleptos.

They might have been stealing from you and you failed to catch them, now you do, just sack them already.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Camlot000007: 7:33am On Jul 28, 2017
Sacking them will only make them more brutal, talk to them, considering the amount involve one will agree they might have been hungry

8 Likes

By all means, please do. Some people will soon come to tell you to sit them down and talk to them.

Well, at the end of the day, the decision simply lies with you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Youngdream1: 7:33am On Jul 28, 2017
No sentiment. Sack them

1 Like

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by CzarChris(m): 7:33am On Jul 28, 2017
marvelling:

yes! you will be justified. sack them. today they stole N500, tomorrow they might steal N500,000. Be swift and decisive. Take action against them to deter others.
Exactly, a small thief soon emboldens to be a big one. Though it sounds cruel because of the amount involved, but theft is theft, or if the sack sounds too cruel to you, you can suspend them and deduct the said amount from their salaries. But ensure that a punishment is handed down and make a public show of it(within the workplace of course) to deter others.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by mascot87(m): 7:33am On Jul 28, 2017
Please just suspend them for like 2 weeks. That will teach them a lesson

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by policy12: 7:34am On Jul 28, 2017
Broz abeg don't sack them, rather give them a serious warning and worst may be 2weeks suspension without pay. Believe me they will never indulge in such again.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by WalkerMichael(m): 7:34am On Jul 28, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Oya talk your rubbish..

Back to your question op. Please sack them! That's how it starts.. They should serve as a lesson to other staffs. If you fail to act on this, there's a huge probability that they'd steal something worth more than the first #500 thinking you wouldn't take an action - just like the first.

Lastly, PLEASE SACK THEM!

Shalom

5 Likes

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Babtunz: 7:34am On Jul 28, 2017
Just have Mercy because we don't know How he Survives

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Partnerbiz2: 7:34am On Jul 28, 2017
A dicey situation..

Seems like they could steal bigger amounts if they had they opportunity.

See below shaa..

Sell your AIRTIME to us.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:35am On Jul 28, 2017
Deduct it frm their salary n gv dem d last chance
Hw I wish we can sack our senators too....

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by tolexy123: 7:35am On Jul 28, 2017
How much u dey pAy dem as salary sef whey u dey brag!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Cladez(m): 7:35am On Jul 28, 2017
Before you sack them ask yourself there questions

* are you to bossy with them
*do you think their salary is enough for them.
and
* lastly DO YOU PAY THEM WHEN THE TIME IS DUE?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 28, 2017
will you also sack your wife for not licking and sucking your prick!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Acidosis(m): 7:37am On Jul 28, 2017
Whoever steals can kill.

Have them fired immediately...

1 Like

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by OkoYibo: 7:37am On Jul 28, 2017
Other staff are watching how you'll handle these thieving staff. You should make the other staff know that there are consequences for disloyalty.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by xtivin(m): 7:37am On Jul 28, 2017
Pretend as if you don't know what happened, then look for replacement asap and relieve them

5 Likes

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Nackzy: 7:37am On Jul 28, 2017
adollyboy:
Don't sack them but punish them serverly and put them on survelliance, if u watch yourself ur not too perfect..u have erred in one way or the other...Sin is Sin remember... So give them the last chance...they might end up being the best employees...rather than the new one u will employ...The Devil u know is better than the Angel u just met

3 Likes

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 28, 2017
Issue a warning. What is #500
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by id4sho(m): 7:39am On Jul 28, 2017
Query them first

1 Like

Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by Amberon11: 7:39am On Jul 28, 2017
Lol
Re: Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? by babniyen(m): 7:40am On Jul 28, 2017
Best advice...
policy12:
Broz abeg don't sack them, rather give them a serious warning and worst may be 2weeks suspension without pay. Believe me they will never indulge in such again.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? / What Any How Much Could A 2nd Class Upper Biochemistry Student Earn / First Bank Staff In Port Harcourt Reacts To Mass Sack Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.