Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? (10927 Views)

Theists - List The Evils Committed By Lucifer / The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists / Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by spartan117(m): 1:55pm On Jul 28, 2017
LightandDarkness:

And the most annoying bit. Condescending compassion.

" It is therefore our responsibility as THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD to live an exemplary live that will draw others to Christ so that their souls may be save".

-It is not your responsibility.
-You are not the light of the world.
-Mind your business and let other people live their lives.

If someone gets annoyed with all this preaching you will say atheists are rude and difficult. Nonsense.
I will mind my business by living my life as the light of the world. It is d in the nature of light to shine, and when light shines brightly darkness is dispelled automatically. Light doesn't request permission from darkness before it shines, light "minds its business" by doing what it was made for that is shining.

God bless you
Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 28, 2017
spartan117:

I will mind my business by living my life as the light of the world. It is d in the nature of light to shine, and when light shines brightly darkness is dispelled automatically. Light doesn't request permission from darkness before it shines, light "minds its business" by doing what it was made for that is shining.

God bless you

And theists don't understand why atheists find them annoying.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by spartan117(m): 2:01pm On Jul 28, 2017
LightandDarkness:

And theists don't understand why atheists find them annoying.
I'm deeply sorry if u found my post as annoying, it's just d way I see myself which came as a result of my acceptance of God's word
Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by peacesamuel94(m): 2:49pm On Jul 28, 2017
Maybe it's because they feel that, it is pretty more sensible to believe In the existence of the supernatural and in a creator, even if your perception of the nature and personality of this creator differs. Than to utterly reject his existence as well as anything that suggests he does exist. Considering the fact that we are in a world where there are numerous anomalies, so many things that the natural mind is yet to unravel. Despite the number of scientific discoveries man has made, the number of mysteries surrounding the universe still dwarfs these discoveries. Hence the Christian views other religious ideologies as sensible in comparison with that of the atheists.
Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 28, 2017
very simple
1) theists (Christians) ..... don't know what to do at the right time

2)Christians don't know how to prove to atheists their notions ....... (you really can prove to an atheist that there's God)

3) some or most Christians themselves don't know what they believe
Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by CoolUsername: 5:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
I'm late to the party but this may be greatest write-up I've seen on Nairaland. I hope this made or will make the front page.

11/10 post. You've outdone yourself, OP.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by jonbellion(m): 6:19pm On Jul 28, 2017
Hoprfullandlord check out this show master of none. I was watching it on Netflix it's hilarious

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by calculator123(m): 6:26pm On Jul 28, 2017
Nice points though.Most theist would avoid you like a plague..
Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by hopefulLandlord: 8:54pm On Jul 28, 2017
jimmyjenseng:
Nice one hopefullandlord..

It's not uncommon to see this happen on every sphere. I understand when Muslims act violently towards the irreligious but show love to their religious counterpart. There's a verse in the Koran which says, "let there be no compulsion between religion." You get the hit now?

I also understand the pagan act. The fear of losing their deity and/or the disrespect by the irreligious makes them act in such manner.

The Christians are the worst. They carry their buybulls and go about with their love rant but live it opposite. I wonder if any will make it to their heaven because jezus must be tired of their acts.

I love the way you ignored that toothy fowl seeking relevance up there.

Live strong and stay broad bro.

thanks bro
Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by hopefulLandlord: 8:55pm On Jul 28, 2017
jonbellion:
Hoprfullandlord check out this show master of none. I was watching it on Netflix it's hilarious

is it comedy? what's the genre?
Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by hopefulLandlord: 9:03pm On Jul 28, 2017
Mynd44, Seun, I would like to apply finishing touches to the OP, is that possible without risking another antispambot ban?
Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by Martinez19(m): 10:20pm On Jul 28, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Mynd44, Seun, I would like to apply finishing touches to the OP, is that possible without risking another antispambot ban?
what would ban you? Why?
Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by GoodMuyis(m): 11:07pm On Jul 28, 2017
Martinez19:
what would ban you? Why?

There is a spider insider Nairaland Server we called BOT, because the server computer too big and dusty and the Spider BOT had become big and strong that any mistakein you post or comment it will corrupt one of the storage cylinder and then you are BAN by mistake.

Do you understand grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 28, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Yeah it's comedy

jonbellion:

Humour is natural and rarely feels forced. Would recommend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by jonbellion(m): 11:53pm On Jul 28, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

yeah
It's good
Real good
Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by hopefulLandlord: 4:21am On Jul 29, 2017
jonbellion:
yeah
It's good
Real good

okay

just downloaded the entire season 1 now in 480P quality (quality of picture hardly matters in comedy shows)

I'll get to it when I'm done with Person of Interest and Lucifer season 2

CC: LightandDarkness

Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 29, 2017
hopefulLandlord

only a blind soul says in his heart, "There is no God."

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by hopefulLandlord: 9:18am On Jul 29, 2017
onyenze123:
hopefulLandlord
only a blind soul says in his heart, "There is no God."
that's not what this thread is about though
Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by orunto27: 10:14am On Jul 29, 2017
Theists are evenly yoked in The Knowledge of The Supreme Spirit.
Atheists don't have "KNOWLEDGE" of The Supreme Spirit and cannot be yoked equally with Theists who are KNOWLEDGES to God.
GOD IS KNOWLEDGE.
Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by Epositive(m): 10:54am On Jul 29, 2017
i'm late mehn sad , i just saw ur mention

OP is a deep, well-constructed, self-explanatory piece of work, carefully moulded and coated with reality check.. my definition cool

i guess that's why i haven't found any non-ostensible counter(s). even at 4th page smiley

i'm not very expressive tho, i just need to add this; (pardon my typos)

Atheism, homosexuality, polyandry and the likes often struck people(opposites) 's nerves especially africans! reason why people who belong to these groups tend to be discreet about it, for the fear of being persecuted by the society, not excluding family members. undecided
The aforementioned posses few tattered pieces of hot coals that blow across our mind when mentioned or attributed to a figure in a society...they are believed to be some mentally-deranged, strange and dont-follow-the-norm folks. which is not wrong sad

we would outlive it sha, it's just a matter of time
..cause i believe "strange things" happen to change things smiley

cc: hopefullandlord

#positivevibes

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by jonbellion(m): 11:02am On Jul 29, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

okay

just downloaded the entire season 1 now in 480P quality (quality of picture hardly matters in comedy shows)

wow that was fast
Have you started now. The episodes aren't really long
And btw....
STOP ILLEGALLY DOWNLOADING SHOWS!!!
angry
Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by jonbellion(m): 11:03am On Jul 29, 2017
LightandDarkness:

Yeah it's comedy

Humour is natural and rarely feels forced. Would recommend.
yes that's through
Aziz Ansari said the show is based on his personal experiences
Really great
Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by hopefulLandlord: 11:09am On Jul 29, 2017
jonbellion:
wow that was fast Have you started now. The episodes aren't really long And btw.... STOP ILLEGALLY DOWNLOADING SHOWS!!! angry
lol
Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by jonbellion(m): 11:26am On Jul 29, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

lol
yes
I was once like you smiley
But I've changed
I even stream my songs but I pay so I can download and listen to them offline
Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by hopefulLandlord: 11:30am On Jul 29, 2017
jonbellion:
yes
But I've changed

yeah, intellectual property should be taken seriously, I agree, I guess I'm too used to this

I'll change soon too cuz you're not the first person to say this
Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by hopefulLandlord: 2:44pm On Jul 29, 2017
Epositive:
i'm late mehn sad , i just saw ur mention

OP is a deep, well-constructed, self-explanatory piece of work, carefully moulded and coated with reality check.. my definition cool

i guess that's why i haven't found any non-ostensible counter(s). even at 4th page smiley

i'm not very expressive tho, i just need to add this; (pardon my typos)

Atheism, homosexuality, polyandry and the likes often struck people(opposites) 's nerves especially africans! reason why people who belong to these groups tend to be discreet about it, for the fear of being persecuted by the society, not excluding family members. undecided
The aforementioned posses few tattered pieces of hot coals that blow across our mind when mentioned or attributed to a figure in a society...they are believed to be some mentally-deranged, strange and dont-follow-the-norm folks. which is not wrong sad

we would outlive it sha, it's just a matter of time
..cause i believe "strange things" happen to change things smiley

cc: hopefullandlord

#positivevibes

well said
Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by edicied: 3:03pm On Jul 29, 2017
jonbellion:
yes
But I've changed
You get money to waste na
Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by edicied: 3:05pm On Jul 29, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

okay

480p is standard for series for pc most times you won't even notice the difference between it and 720p
Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2017
edicied:

480p is standard for series for pc most times you won't even notice the difference between it and 720p

Nah I notice, sometimes it's even hard to watch a show in 480 when you've watched bits in 720p.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by jonbellion(m): 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
edicied:

You get money to waste na
streaming is not expensive na
Just $7 a month and you get a month free trial also
It's cheaper than buying the album but at least it's legal and it helps artists make revenue though i buy some albums i really enjoyed. Remember that if everybody pirates copies of legal content your favourite artist or actor won't make money you continue acting and i don't think you would like it if you were being pirated. Your hard work and sweat. Piracy has eaten into Nigeria and Nigerians sha

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 29, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

that's not what this thread is about though

Actually it is.

I am trying to point out why theists reacts the way they do when you tell them " you lack believe in the existence of God"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Thread To Activate Spiritual Defence Against Gun And Knife. / Limb Regrowing Miracle By Naijadeyhia / Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.