Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,800 members, 7,806,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Why Men Scared Of Getting Married - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Men Scared Of Getting Married (21138 Views)

I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister / Nigerian Lady Dies One Month After Getting Married To Her Heartthrob. Photos / Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Kokaine(m): 7:55am On Jul 28, 2017
Originalsly:
Just make sure your wife's family values are the same as yours... if not... you can't stop them from asking....and when you don't give.... hmmmm......Mr Stingy Man will be your name and they'll try to finish you!
its not like i condemn asking. but i hate it. i have financial stress sometimes where i rather endure than ask someone. if the quest is genuine and from a person who is naturally shy of asking from other people, no biggie, i will assist however i can. but if its on the premise that i owe you something because i married your sister, you will return my bride price and carry her away.

3 Likes

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Skmoda360(m): 8:00am On Jul 28, 2017
Abeg make una leave marriage matter when the money start coming marriage will happen with time......
Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Sharp9: 8:01am On Jul 28, 2017
please who made marriage compulsory? we can improve the earth and help humanity without getting married. If you like earn billions of naira, you only get married when you are ready. yes, when you are ready.

3 Likes

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Akalia(m): 8:01am On Jul 28, 2017
Benignasweety:
lemme sha believe even though I know what am saying is true.
When you finally have dat money, u will now get confused on who to marry. Shebi u na my inlaw nah but ur diary don show say we still get another babe grin cheesy
you are right. It's ideal for a man to get married and together with his spouse work smart and hard to achieve financial stability. We single young men always do have wild fantasies about women so when the money comes fortunately while being single, there is a likelihood for one to jettison the idea of settling down and would rather opt for womanising.

3 Likes

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Freshsnoow2(m): 8:01am On Jul 28, 2017
read below
Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Freshsnoow2(m): 8:02am On Jul 28, 2017
forever24:
Ladies have sex around & we are scared that they can't stay with one man.....The cheating rate is getting high... In this world where a woman will be on phone having sex with another guy & maybe speaking to fiancee same time.... ...in this world where ladies will have sex with ex few days to wedding......in this world where DNA fails.....In this world where if you don't have much money, love becomes an issue.......In this world where ladies have opened legs for many guys & cant stay with just one joystick.....Fear!!!! Its not just a fear of committment, but fear of cheating....

Your post shows the kind of ladies you date... mumu

Babes.. He is right.. I know many married women in my area in satellite and festac town who are married but have a sugar boy.. Women Re evil.. It takes God's grace to find a virtuous woman

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Anusiemgood(m): 8:03am On Jul 28, 2017
my only fear is finance
Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by SalamRushdie: 8:05am On Jul 28, 2017
Evaberry:

The only a reason a man gets scared of marriage is because he's a coward who cannot face the reality of life, the reality of having his own family and taking care of them, he would rather no one be dependent on him. The biggest excuse of Nigerian men on why are not yet ready for marriage is 'No money' as if you need all the money in the world to get married.

Sadly marriage is overrated and done to please the society and parents, As a man never propose because of pressure and as a woman never accept a proposal because of pressure, marry someone who makes you happy, who you connect with not just on a sexual level, Marry someone who you know is going to make your life easier.

Finally, FTC WAWU, been a long time I got this spot, I want to dedicate this ftc to my very special Nairalander, I miss you everyday, I miss spending time with you, I miss the incredible orgasm and lastly I wish you would stop being a coward and just do it.

Some people are just smart enough to know that marriage is some primitive contractual contraptions that bears no actual importance in a man's day to day life and is actually just a standard for the lack of love or trust.. It's pure nonsense but we just do it for fad

1 Like

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by InvertedHammer: 8:18am On Jul 28, 2017
/
Why the hell are people still getting married?

/

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by mayowafunmi: 8:19am On Jul 28, 2017
Is God that can help in this situation, because marriage is very sweet when u make a right choice.

1 Like

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Johnsown1(m): 8:22am On Jul 28, 2017
From my own side of view the things that makes men to be afraid of marriage are
Finance: most women in this 21st century is either waiting for an already made men that will help her to explore her luxyrious life and showoffs.

Character: most women characters are not good to write home about, u can never please them.
That's y am seeing contracts marriage as an alternative. They can switch emotion within seconds

Kind/nature
: is she going to help me to build our empire or is she going to be at home gossiping.
I can never marry a house wife gods knows.

1 Like

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by forfucksakes: 8:25am On Jul 28, 2017
Evaberry:

The only a reason a man gets scared of marriage is because he's a coward who cannot face the reality of life, the reality of having his own family and taking care qof them, he would rather no one be dependent on him. The biggest excuse of Nigerian men on why are not yet ready for marriage is 'No money' as if you need all the money in the world to get married.

Sadly marriage is overrated and done to please the society and parents, As a man never propose because of pressure and as a woman never accept a proposal because of pressure, marry someone who makes you happy, who you connect with not just on a sexual level, Marry someone who you know is going to make your life easier.

Finally, FTC WAWU, been a long time I got this spot, I want to dedicate this ftc to my very special Nairalander, I miss you everyday, I miss spending time with you, I miss the incredible orgasm and lastly I wish you would stop being a coward and just do it.

You sound pained, like a nigga promised marriage but ended up just f.cking you all the styles in the good old book kama sutra...

How many girls want to marry a man that is broke and struggle with him? Face reality, more than 50% of ladies nowadays wants an already made man.

but what do I know, I haven't found Mrs Forfucksakes yet

1 Like

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 28, 2017
muller101:
I will have a baby mama. If u think I will spend a dime for marriage well I pity the unfortunate lady

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 28, 2017
donestk:
Pls how do I get ur contact so we have a private chat

You need counsel?
Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by kunsh(m): 8:33am On Jul 28, 2017
bbsteve:
The only thing that will make a man be scared is just finance.

1 Like

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by lonelydora: 8:35am On Jul 28, 2017
Nma27:
You need counsel?

Na so e don reach.
Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by kunsh(m): 8:36am On Jul 28, 2017
yes that's is very correct. taking care of home after the wedding is a big issues.
Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 28, 2017
Evaberry:

The only a reason a man gets scared of marriage is because he's a coward who cannot face the reality of life, the reality of having his own family and taking care of them, he would rather no one be dependent on him. The biggest excuse of Nigerian men on why are not yet ready for marriage is 'No money' as if you need all the money in the world to get married.

No surprises here as you have not even exceeded the low levels of idiocy I have come to expect of you.

Who says money is not IMPORTANT in marriage now? Your brain-washin' Pastor?
Have you asked any sincere married woman (if you have any willing to associate with you anyway) this question or are you just an ignorant Slay Mama who gets all her information from IG & Snapchat?

Your comment reeks of immaturity and ignorance. Most of your points have no valid backup and sounds like the rant of an overfed brat.

I'm yet to find a man who doesn't want "his own thing" in every aspect of his life - even irresponsible drug peddlers & yahoo boys take pride in owning something. So to say most men do not want "the reality of having his own family and taking care of them", again, reeks of ignorance.

I advise you engage in more face-to-face interactions with real people instead of a phone screen.

Good day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 28, 2017
lonelydora:

Na so e don reach.
Just a question. Maybe he needs someone to bare his mind to... I'm a counselor in my own right in case you need counsel, hola at me. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by nwoye72: 8:39am On Jul 28, 2017
Not all but maybe some.but men can easily read a woman he may think of marrying when she didn't know.and before she knew it,he has gone away.for example, u ask her how she is planning for easter,and she tells u should would want to go to a late night comedy show.u alone?and she can't say who she will be going with . Finally she said her brother. she doesn't have the 25k per head.u are the one to pay even though u are not in town.

1 Like

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by lonelydora: 8:44am On Jul 28, 2017
Nma27:
Just a question. Maybe he needs someone to bare his mind to... I'm a counselor in my own right in case you need counsel, hola at me. smiley

Will sure contact you soon
Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 28, 2017
donestk:
Pls how do I get ur contact so we have a private chat

smiley
Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by filani(m): 9:00am On Jul 28, 2017
@ topic

Dear NL brothers as others before me have noted the topic is becoming over flogged .

Rather than getting bogged down in rebuffing snarky comments about men being "cowards" ,not being able to choose between Chioma,Deborah & a supposed legion of "quality sisters" grin and of course the thread favorite...not enough money!

I am more interested in asking you one question.

What is your assesment of your self worth? What is your Mental Point of Origin(MPOO)?

If the ONLY reason you want to be rich is tb able to afford being married then that is your MPOO.

If the ONLY reason proposed to that sista is because Mama & Papa expect you to be married by XX age then that is your MPOO.

If the ONLY reason you marry is so you can be seen as 'Mr Responsible' by society grin than that is your MPOO.

Such a shame that so many of us men subscribe to this weak frame of mind

"The problem we run into today is one in which boys are (largely) raised to be the men who provide more than they need in order to establish a future family. That learned, conditioned, mental point of origin is almost always focused OUTWARD and onto the people HE HOPES will reciprocate by placing him as their own point of origin." - Rollo Tomassi

Other male posters before have noted that the institution of marriage is not what it used to be especially in regards the so called 'benefits' that acrue to a married Man, at a subconscious level they know that the Reward is no longer worth the Risk but they still find themselves following a script that has been mapped out for them (without any input from them of course).

They don't want to be the odd man out . they don't want to stand alone. They don't realize that if a Man doesn't stand for something in his own life then he will fall for anything!

If you have decided to be Rich then be Rich because of what being Rich will do for You!

If you choose to date that chick then let it be because she is the best pick out of a group of chicks who want to date You!

If you propose to that sista then let it be because she has proved herself to be someone who is worth having in Your life on a long term basis!

All men must decide within themselves how they
want the story of their lives to be written, to do otherwise is sheer folly.

https://therationalmale.com/2014/11/14/mental-point-of-origin/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by salesforce: 9:04am On Jul 28, 2017
Money
Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by TrollTrap: 9:13am On Jul 28, 2017
Bare hoes out there cry
Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Nigeriadondie: 9:28am On Jul 28, 2017
Save all the story. The main thing is bad economy.
If most men have all it takes financially they would not hesitate to get married.
Person never chop belleful Na marry d person go dey talk?

1 Like

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by GOFRONT(m): 9:32am On Jul 28, 2017
Nobody is afraid of gettin married...
Only be say d beautiful ones are not yet born!!!
Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by kozmicity: 9:41am On Jul 28, 2017
Evaberry:

Booooooring.....where is it written that only men should propose??

If you keep waiting,sorry bar

you're on a longthing

1 Like

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by chukagates(m): 9:49am On Jul 28, 2017
Evaberry:

so not getting married makes one a coward why people let their life revolve around marriage like this

3 Likes

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by chukagates(m): 9:58am On Jul 28, 2017
marriage is not for everyone .....some cant jst deal with it....baby mama is stress free take care of your child..nobody to drop problems on your head , no nagging , go out and come back anytime you like, no stress of extra family except your own family,focus more on the money marriage is simply OVERATED believe apart from Society many men would never even consider marriage but SOCIETY has fustrated many into marriage and the funny thing is even in the marriage many men and women are FUSTRATED divorce every where emotional wounds NEVER LET SOCIETY PUSH INTO WHAT U DONT LIKE ALWAYS STAND UR GROUND marriage is not for all while some enjoy it ..its the bane of others

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Scared Of Getting Married by Reference(m): 9:59am On Jul 28, 2017
Evaberry:

Man is created to be responsible to purpose and not to people. The role of the woman is to ensure continuity over the generations to ensure the purpose for the man's creation is fulfilled. If any of the reasons are not found then there is no need for marraige. The idea that marraige is all about bringing a girl into your life to feed her while she makes babies is too simplistic and animalistic.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? / Impending Child Custody Battle: Baby Mama Preventing Access To My Daughter / Nigerian Couple Who Got Engaged 3 Days After They Met,celebrate 16th Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.