Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,266 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing (13229 Views)

30 Things To Know About Recent Railway Constructions In Nigeria (1999-2019) / Parked Trucks Are Causing Damage To Lagos Bridges (PHOTOS) / 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by autojosh: 6:08am On Jul 28, 2017
Constructions when done on a massive scale and in many places at the same time ,can be very discomforting .But we can’t disagree with the fact that its for our benefit.

Like it or hate it ,the constructions and renovation on Lagos roads have started.This has brought about various occurrences,the good,bad,ugly,and extremely funny.

Lets find out some of them.

1.MUD
We love rain,but we don’t like the mud it creates when it mixes with excavated sand.Its very annoying,especially at Ile Epo market axis .

Its funny how MUD can be decoded as Mega Universal Diarrhea,because thats what all the mud looks like to me .

2.Increased Bus Fare
As usual our Danfo drivers won’t disappoint .We have seen bus fares go up by 100 % in some places and on some days as much as 600%(e.g the LGA election day and the day before).

3.Traffic
As if the traffic in Lagos was not enough .We now have butt compressing traffic,that exceeds the longevity of a tortoise .

4.Broken Hearts And Angry People
As a result of the traffic very few people believe you when you tell them you are in traffic .People are loosing trust in each other.

Person 1 : “I dey inside go slow na ,I dey Abule Egba”

Person 2:”No be wetin you don dey tell me since 8am ,how many minutes from Abule Egba to Ikeja,Oga fear God na”

5.Plenty Lies
While some are actually telling the truth,some folks use the opportunity to lie like La* M******** even when their vehicle is moving at 100km/h .

6.Accidents
We have seen plenty cars engaging in gymnastics and some swimming inside gutter (I am not making fun of the victims o).Its sad ,but what can we do.We have to wait till its all done.

7.Plenty Flogging
If you ply Abule Egba axis very well you would have heard of, or seen scenarios where Soldiers flog(emphasis on the “g”) people like kindergarten students.Construction workers have also been victims.(according to one market woman I eavesdropped on)

But there are also some nice force men,about two days ago around Ile Epo a fast and furious motorist,brushed the behind of a clean blue pickup truck belonging to a Naval officer.He was nice enough not to beat anybody .

What are you currently experiencing in Lasgidi,we would love to hear your story .

Gist with us in the comments section below .

By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/7-crazy-things-recent-road-constructions-lagos-causing/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by arma: 6:30am On Jul 28, 2017
FTC
Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by bbsteve(m): 6:31am On Jul 28, 2017
I don't even know what to type but to God be the glory

2 Likes

Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by henryobinna(m): 6:32am On Jul 28, 2017
Nigeria and ways of doing things.

They should do things in the night when there's less traffic,

meanwhile, you need the cheapest VR Headsets In Nigeria
Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by balash(m): 6:32am On Jul 28, 2017
No offense but that Abule egba route is something else, thank God u used it as your example.

Even with the lovely bridge the place still sucks.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by modupeleke(f): 6:34am On Jul 28, 2017
oga oooo.
Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by peterswagg(m): 6:34am On Jul 28, 2017
what of police that will mount check point on the only available road to extort money from motrist since they have no choice but to pass that road...all these things happen only in nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by omoboy110: 6:34am On Jul 28, 2017
didnt make FTC
Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by davillian(m): 6:35am On Jul 28, 2017
Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by greatiyk4u(m): 6:35am On Jul 28, 2017
All these nonsense just 4 traffic?

Op go back to drawing board if you need reasonable traffic

1 Like

Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by mascot87(m): 6:36am On Jul 28, 2017
Something happened yesterday while I was passing through Agege. A train was approaching the railway crossing and guess what happened? It stopped and couldn't move again due to mechanical fault right at the point where cars pass through linking pen cinema and I begin to wonder "why there" it took about 30 -45mins before it could be rectified.

Could it be a spiritual battle?

4 Likes

Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 28, 2017
On d island flood, traffic nd accidents. Pple crashing intovd removed roundabouts. Foolish speed demons
Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 28, 2017
I recall the time when they were renovating the main road (dualization) in one NOrthern town I lived in once.

For one year....nothing but dust, mud, diversions, annoyances, complaints, etc.

THen the road was finished. And from that day....everything was smooth going. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by Sodijan(m): 6:39am On Jul 28, 2017
Car wash owner also increase their charges due to dust in dry season nd erofo/petepete in d rainy season

3 Likes

Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by Joey40: 6:41am On Jul 28, 2017
The traffic part is just crazy.. one has to wake much earlier, earlier than the usual early! Just crazy!

2 Likes

Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by babino22: 6:41am On Jul 28, 2017
I'm presently inside Able Egba traffic and my driver is already abusing the my car in front for not driving smartly

2 Likes

Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by ajibsca: 6:42am On Jul 28, 2017
In saner climes,most constructions that tend to affect commuters are done at night but for naija, I can't explain.

1 Like

Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by ahhdah(f): 6:45am On Jul 28, 2017
These issues are there I agree..
Buh what is the resultant effect thereof.. BETTER ROAD
so dear poster, in life, no success is achieved with no stress n pains..
If It'll give me a better road... I will av patience even if it takes months.
Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by theophorus(m): 6:46am On Jul 28, 2017
...This OP dey transit Abule-egba- Ikeja axi well-well.

But then am of the Opinion that we should always consider others when making decisions...

Imagine the stress we go through from Ikeja-Iyana Ipaja everyday...

Abegi they should finish these their "project" quick and stop the yeye stress they are making us go through.

1 Like

Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by ethicalUser(m): 6:54am On Jul 28, 2017
That Abule egba axis is something else . And there are peeps who to the island on daily basis from there. Lagos needs a high speed rail system .
Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by Odegbami1(m): 6:59am On Jul 28, 2017
mascot87:
Something happened yesterday while I was passing through Agege. A train was approaching the railway crossing and guess what happened? It stopped and couldn't move again due to mechanical fault right at the point where cars pass through linking pen cinema and I begin to wonder "why there" it took about 30 -45mins before it could be rectified.

Could it be a spiritual battle?
Spiritual for train�. To slap you just dey hungry me. Stop watching Yoruba films again.
Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by chakula: 7:00am On Jul 28, 2017
To construct the road is better. People around the area should bear the situation because it hasn't come to stay it is just a matter of time. grin
Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:00am On Jul 28, 2017
I agree with you OP. It is well.
Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 28, 2017
When you have the money, you won't bother cause it has to flow around.

To get business ideas, interact and relax.. The buzzing business/entreprenuerial Blog is here..

Visit www.entmirror.com
Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by judgedredd22(m): 7:07am On Jul 28, 2017
ahhdah:
These issues are there I agree..
Buh what is the resultant effect thereof.. BETTER ROAD
so dear poster, in life, no success is achieved with no stress n pains..
If It'll give me a better road... I will av patience even if it takes months.

nne! na real waa for this your anambra pose o! grin grin grin grin
Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by Lordave: 7:15am On Jul 28, 2017
So make dem stop building the roads abi wetin
Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by GogetterMD(m): 7:17am On Jul 28, 2017
The hell I go through on Lagos-abeokuta expressway everyday now embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by Queenext: 7:18am On Jul 28, 2017
Increase in trading activities in the area,for those selling in holdup
Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 7:20am On Jul 28, 2017
Lordave:
So make dem stop building the roads abi wetin
SMH

Re: 7 Crazy Things Ongoing Road Constructions In Lagos Are Causing by Sleyanya1(m): 7:24am On Jul 28, 2017
Road construction must go on.

Design & construction is the constant thing in all climes.

The Basic problem lies within the mindset of the people in such area. So all the stuff listed above are not obtainable in other developed countries and that's how it should be.

Anyways Nigerians adapt faster.

(1) (2) (Reply)

/ Indonesia Gives Nigeria Free Visa. / Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.