Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,438 members, 7,808,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video (2363 Views)

Breaking News: Gov Ramalan Call and Congratulates El' Rufa'I / Yakubu Gowon Visits Buhari , Congratulates Him / Ezekwesili Condemns Obanikoro's Ministerial Screening, Fayose Congratulates Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by metalgong5(m): 6:57pm On Feb 08, 2010
This is what I call maturity. Ngige should follow suit immediately to avoid loosing his already depreciated respect among Anambrarians.
I hope Andy Uba will now rebuild the already tarnished image of his family.

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-KeUrOc0Tg"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-KeUrOc0Tg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by asha80(m): 6:59pm On Feb 08, 2010
shocked shocked shocked When this one happen?Was it stage managed?
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by otokx(m): 7:06pm On Feb 08, 2010
Anambra people are impressing me.
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by metalgong5(m): 7:12pm On Feb 08, 2010
^^^^ Thats what you get when billionaires use their money to contest for election.
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2010
This is goodnews

Conducting elections and spending 3.5years hanging in the balance pursuing litigations is in nobody's interest except the lawyers and Judges

This one na pure bad market of Lawyers oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, congrats to Peter Obi, its time to move on.
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by metalgong5(m): 7:22pm On Feb 08, 2010
^^^^ Andy Uba might be warming up for 2014.
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 08, 2010
metal-gong:

^^^^ Andy Uba might be warming up for 2014.

Thats his business. What matters most is the united front everyone is presenting against all odds.
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by metalgong5(m): 7:26pm On Feb 08, 2010
^^^^
We are still waiting for Ngige to throw in the towel. . . I predict he wont.
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by sjeezy8: 7:29pm On Feb 08, 2010
shocked shocked
hmmm igbo kwenu
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by mekuszyx: 7:34pm On Feb 08, 2010
metal-gong:

^^^^
We are still waiting for Ngige to throw in the towel. . . I predict he wont.

Because he belongs to AC, party of the renegades
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by saintneo(m): 7:35pm On Feb 08, 2010
[size=58pt]IGBO KWENUUUU![/size]

1 Like

Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by metalgong5(m): 8:15pm On Feb 08, 2010
mekuszyx:

Because he belongs to AC, party of the renegades

Anyway, Ngige has always been a serial loser. He had lost a senatorial election twice before he was rigged into Anambra government house in 2003 by Chris Ubah.
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by emekax180(m): 8:36pm On Feb 08, 2010
[size=24pt]ANAMBRA KWEZUO NU!!![/size]

In the Spirit of true Sportsmanship, Lets move forward

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-KeUrOc0Tg[/flash]
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by Afam4eva(m): 8:50pm On Feb 08, 2010
This kind of action is rare in Nigeria.
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by metalgong5(m): 8:52pm On Feb 08, 2010
afam4eva:

This kind of action is rare in Nigeria.
Thats what you get in Anambra state. Soludo and other contestants have done theirs, it remains Ngige.
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by Onlytruth(m): 8:58pm On Feb 08, 2010
metal-gong:

Thats what you get in Anambra state. Soludo and other contestants have done theirs, i[b]t remains Ngige[/b].

Ngige must not disappoint his supporters in Anambra state. He must not come off like a sore loser. A stitch in time saves nine. He must concede now, or lose his supporters in future elections.
Anambra is bigger than any individual.

The rest of the country must copy from Anambra state. Elections are not do or die affairs (God punish Obasanjo for introducing that evil jargon angry).

The light of the nation has shown the way.
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by Pk001(m): 9:25pm On Feb 08, 2010
Soludo opened the way and others followed. Thats a very good one. I am really impressed with whole thing. I believe that Nigerian politics is getting better. Congratulations to all Anambarians and Nigerians as a whole.
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by yogos: 12:47am On Feb 09, 2010
this is impressive. smiley
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by WilyWily5: 1:23am On Feb 09, 2010
Yeye Yoruba Politicians no fit learn, Stupid people
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by Eziachi: 1:42am On Feb 09, 2010
Where are our detractors?
Where are the those that always stereotype us as divided people?
Please come out and speak. We are united more than you are told or think. The day Biafra will come in full, this is exactly what you will see. We will continue to pull out surprises. This election, despite all the heavy weight and number of aspirant, not a single lose of life or limb, much to the surprise of those that expect armagedon to happen, so that they can go to town with jubilation.

I said it yesterday that this election is very free but not fair because of INEC incompetence and the share of vote reflected that and the candidates knew that the result reflected the choice of our people.
We are naturally peaceful people until outsider came and stoke the fire in our house.
Chris Ngige should do the right thing and accept defeat in good faith. Despite the fact that Obi won, I still think that Ngige came out of this smelling roses, having to come second with a sizable vote, despite the fact that his party was newly formed and he has no big name backing him.
Let him and Soludo go for the senate under AC and APGA respectively next year, our people will support them.
I am sure of that.
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by ezeagu(m): 2:07am On Feb 09, 2010
Wily+Wily:

Yeye Yoruba Politicians no fit learn, silly people

What has that got to do with this thread?
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by mamagee3(f): 2:58am On Feb 09, 2010
Seriously, Who cares?. . .
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by metalgong5(m): 10:16am On Feb 09, 2010
mama-gee:

Seriously, Who cares?. . .
Nairalanders are already bored with your one liners. Please can limit it to the romance section.

Anyway, thats a good move for Andy Uba.
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by chosen04(f): 10:45am On Feb 09, 2010
Onlytruth:

Ngige must not disappoint his supporters in Anambra state. He must not come off like a sore loser. A stitch in time saves nine. He must concede now, or lose his supporters in future elections.

Seriously, the bolded statement from you is really disappointing

Why shld a man whose even registered family members couldnt vote for not to talk of other supporters concede defeat just like that?

If nobody fights for the disenfrenchment of 80% of the registered votes now, why wil you blame INEC 2norw if 99.9% of registered votes are disenfrenched?

Let him go to court, let it get to INEC that you cant deny majority of the people their right and still wants be hailed cos other contestants conceded defeat.
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by slimghost(m): 12:29pm On Feb 09, 2010
chosen04:

Why shld a man whose even registered family members couldnt vote for not to talk of other supporters concede defeat just like that?

If nobody fights for the disenfrenchment of 80% of the registered votes now, why wil you blame INEC 2norw if 99.9% of registered votes are disenfrenched?

Let him go to court, let it get to INEC that you cant deny majority of the people their right and still wants be hailed cos other contestants conceded defeat.

bla bla bla bla, Ngige wasn't the only candidate affected. Peter Obi's wife and his children were also not able to vote and so were thousands of his supporters. Ngige should accept the defeat in good faith and stop menstruating.
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by mogentle(m): 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2010
slimghost:

bla bla bla bla, Ngige wasn't the only candidate affected. Peter Obi's wife and his children were also not able to vote and so were thousands of his supporters. Ngige should accept the defeat in good faith and stop menstruating.

Abeg, stop that nonsense. Is it a must for Ngige to overlook such a crime commited by INEC in connivance with politicians?
Are you saying that because others that were affected had accepted defeat, it means they were truly defeated?
Do you think Oshiomole will be the Edo State Governor today if he had accepted fake defeat?What of MImiko in Ondo State?
Ngige will be my Hero if he can challenge this seriously in court.
In fact, I can now believe that Nigeria is a place where anything is possible.In Nigeria, you can eat your cake without reservation and still have it, simply because we dont know our right even if it resides at the next door.
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by slimghost(m): 2:20pm On Feb 09, 2010
mogentle:

Abeg, stop that nonsense. Is it a must for Ngige to overlook such a crime commited by INEC in connivance with politicians?
Are you saying that because others that were affected had accepted defeat, it means they were truly defeated?
Do you think Oshiomole will be the Edo State Governor today if he had accepted fake defeat?What of MImiko in Ondo State?
In fact, I can now believe that Nigeria is a place where anything is possible.In Nigeria, you can eat your cake without reservation and still have it, simply because we dont know our right even if it resides at the next door.

If you dont have any sensible thing to say, then shut it! There is a clear difference between what transpired in Edo and what happened in Anambra. In Edo, a candidate was virtually rigged into office but in this case, it was a matter of INEC's shallow handling of the voters registration. Let me tell you, no judge will cancel any election based on a faulty voters registrar that affected all the candidates.
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by Eziachi: 2:59pm On Feb 09, 2010
chosen04:

Once again you are crying more than the bereaved, what you saw in Anambra was joy and not riot because they knew that the result was based on genuine vote cast. Where did you get your fact that Ngige and his family did not vote after they couldn't find their names, including most of Obi's family?
As far as I know many that waited were allowed to vote after satisfied that they have a genuine voters card for that particular booth.

You are busy spreading your usual fake data anfd figures. Where exactly did you get this your fictional 99.9% from?
I am sure, even my grand son can do a better maths that this of yours.
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by Eziachi: 3:08pm On Feb 09, 2010
mogentle:

Abeg, stop that nonsense. Is it a must for Ngige to overlook such a crime commited by INEC inĀ  connivance with politicians?

So, you really cannot decifer what happened in Anambra and what happen in both Oshiomole case and that of Mimiko? Any problem last saturday was down to incompetence rather than rigging. In both Edo/Ondo, not only that few people managed to vote but INEC were announcing millions of vote that doesn't exist for PDP candidate . The tribunal while deciding Oshiomole's case, subtracted this fictitious votes and then allowed the actual vote cast to count whether it is 1% or less is not the issue. The issue is to use the vote that was actually cast and not how many number that suppose to had been registered in 1999.

Of which many have died, many sick on the day, many not even bothered to go and vote and spoiled vote too counts. Even in the advance countries, sometimes voters turn out is sometimes less than 20%.
The 1.8 million INEC claimed that they registerd in Anambra, how many of that numbers do you think are actually real people?
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by chosen04(f): 5:05pm On Feb 09, 2010
Eziachi:

You are busy spreading your usual fake data anfd figures. Where exactly did you get this your fictional 99.9% from?
I am sure, even my grand son can do a better maths that this of yours.

Who is busy spreading fake data and figures? Pls why not read well First

chosen04:

The point am making is that if 80% of the registered votes can be disenfrenched and we hail the election has been JOYOUS-(let me borrow your word) today, we shld not complain if 99.9% of the votes are disenfrenched 2morrow.

Eziachi:

what you saw in Anambra was joy and not riot because they knew that the result was based on genuine vote cast. Where did you get your fact that Ngige and his family did not vote after they couldn't find their names, including most of Obi's family?

Its on record that Ngige's family members couldnt vote cos of missing names on INEC register used for the election. Even in the polling station where Alex EKwueme registered only 3 names were in INEC register out of the more than 400 that registered with Ekwueme's name missing.

As far as am concerned any election that disenfrenched up to 80% of registered and ready to vote voters is selection not withstanding who won.

Eziachi:

As far as I know many that waited were allowed to vote after satisfied that they have a genuine voters card for that particular booth.

At what time of the day were all those with Permanent voters card allowed to vote? Its obvious you are far from the events of the day.
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by onyengbu1(m): 5:21pm On Feb 09, 2010
I will rather Ngige drop the court case but it not bad if he didnt.

If Ngige was the one favoured with all voters register brouhaha, I am sure that many people will be crying wolf here.

Ngige might have lost but not fairly. Anbody who is blaming him for going to court is support rigging.
Re: Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video by Onlytruth(m): 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2010
chosen04:

I understand where you are coming from. In this concluded election, my candidate was Ngige, but it should not blur the bigger picture.

The point I am making is that he must view Anambra state as a whole; also, he must view the circumstances under which this election happened. There was no clear case of official rigging in this election and the peoples choice won. Please note that there was no popular uproar against the result (and trust Anambra people, they won't shut up if this election was rigged). Every candidate was a victim of INECs incompetence and poor preparation. All of them lost votes.

The bigger point which Eziachi made is that even in developed countries, somethings the voter turn out is the neighborhood of 20% and yet elections are credible and accepted. There are many factors which could have reduced the number of voters in this election -I know many people who were afraid of going to the polls. It took a lot of courage (knowing the history of elections in Nigeria) for voters to go to the polls. So bear all these in mind.

My advice to Ngige is based on my understanding of my people. Ngige even won in my LGA (Nnewi north). He is not from there, so this tells me that this election reflected the will of the people.
Anambra state is bigger than all of us, so it is time to move on. Eziachi was spot on in advising a senate run for him and Soludo under APGA or AC.
He must not lose his supporters by contesting this election at the tribunals. All other contestants have conceded. He must follow suit.

(1) (2) (Reply)

These Females Soldiers Will Teach The Nigerian Army How To Sort Out Boko Haram / Kudo To Nigeria Police / The sack Story Of Imoni & Aruleba By The Chairman Of AIT,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.