Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Benefits Of Drinking Lipton Tea - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Benefits Of Drinking Lipton Tea (19475 Views)

How To Reduce Your Big Tummy By Drinking Lipton / 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri / Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefits Of Drinking Lipton Tea by KingLennon(m): 8:19am On Jul 28, 2017
If you enjoy a cup of Lipton tea, you probably like its flavor and aroma and might drink it at breakfast or use it as a daytime pick-me-up. But in addition to its value as a beverage, tea may also have significant health benefits. Tea's natural compounds, which belong to a class of phytonutrients called flavonoids, may help keep you healthy and lower your risk of several potentially serious chronic conditions.

1. Antioxidant Components:
The leaves of a plant (Camellia sinensis) are used to make most teas, including those produced under the Lipton brand. White and green teas contain fresh, unrolled leaves, while leaves in black tea are first rolled and broken before drying. Because of this difference, compounds in white, green and black teas are also somewhat different. But all contain flavonoids, including theaflavins and catechins, which are in black and green tea, respectively. They are both potent antioxidants, according to a study published in the September 2001 issue of the "Journal of Nutrition." Antioxidants help protect your body from free radicals, unstable molecules that form in your body and, over time, can raise your risk of cancer, heart disease and other disorders.
2. Cardiovascular Benefits:
Research suggests that consuming Lipton tea may benefit your heart and blood vessels, potentially reducing your risk of heart disease and stroke. For example, a study published in the March 2013 issue of "Annals of Epidemiology" that followed almost 75,000 men and women for 10 years found that daily consumption of 4 or more cups of black tea was associated with a lower the risk of stroke. Drinking Lipton tea might also help relax blood vessels, widening them and helping reduce blood pressure, and it could also lower your risk of atherosclerosis, or hardening of the arteries, according to other research studies. Although research in this area is promising, large clinical trials are still needed to confirm these benefits.

3. Cancer Prevention:
Research also suggests that compounds in white, green or black Lipton tea might help protect you from carcinogenic chemicals and suppress or prevent the growth of cancer. Although much of this research has been done in the laboratory, several studies with human subjects produced promising results. For example, a large study published in 2002 in "Cancer Causes and Control" studied 34,000 women for 12 years. It found that those whose diet was rich in tea catechins had significantly less rectal cancer than controls, while stomach, pancreatic and blood cancers also tended to be reduced, although this wasn't statistically significant. Another study published in 2013 in "Nutrition and Cancer" found a similar association between green tea drinking and lower rates of esophageal cancer.

The Bottom Line
Drinking Lipton tea regularly might have additional benefits, including boosting your memory and cognition, promoting weight loss, helping control blood sugar and reducing your risk of type-2 diabetes, supporting your immune system and improving your oral health. Drink a cup of lipton tea today

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.livestrong.com/article/305548-lipton-tea-health-benefits/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiJz8aFtqvVAhWN0RoKHXatA-IQFggPMAA&usg=AFQjCNFgViN5XILqhXdK4rNkC20a3uACrQ

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Lipton Tea by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 28, 2017
My dad always take lipton tea.

Even right now, siping lipton and watching AIT.

grin

I they observe am here. Lol
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Lipton Tea by KingLennon(m): 8:37am On Jul 28, 2017
sonofLuci:
My dad always take lipton tea.
Even right now, siping lipton and watching AIT.
grin
I they observe am here. Lol
Your dad sabi better thing. Join him too
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Lipton Tea by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 28, 2017
KingLennon:

Your dad sabi better thing. Join him too

Oboi I nor like tea, I go soon drive self go Junction go buy mini pack of calypso, spirit drink.

cool
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Lipton Tea by Testate(m): 10:56am On Aug 08, 2021

Oboi I nor like tea, I go soon drive self go Junction go buy mini pack of calypso, spirit drink.

cool
grin grin grin
I no even know who drink pass between me and you cheesy. But truth be told bro, tea in the morning then drinks in the evening smiley

(1) (Reply)

Jos University Teaching Hospital - A Ghost Of Its Former Self (photos) / NAFDAC Alerts Nigerians On 5 Contaminated Syrups And Suspensions / Cannabis Will Soon Become Legal For Non-violent User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.