Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ (3916 Views)

Please can this laptop use 64-bits operating system? / What Is a 32-bit Operating System, x64-based Processor / How To Turn Off/disable Windows Update In Windows 10 Operating System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by Kodext(m): 2:39pm On Jul 28, 2017
Please guys!
Just got a Pc (Compaq).
The issue is this;
Its Operating System is Windows 7 Home premium.
and I don't like it... I need an upgrade!
and I felt the best place finding an answer is nairaland.
from ur experiences, please what Operating System (Os) is better?
Windows 7 professional or Ultimate or just windows 8?
cuz I'd like windows 10, but from u guys previous posts, Windows 10 has a lot functions to struggle with, that such person as myself can't do with.
so guys what's ur advice, so as to know d Os disc to buy!
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by ITbomb(m): 3:15pm On Jul 28, 2017
The misconception about Win 10 is for lazy people.

Win 10 is the best, all it needs is for you to update all drivers
I wrote a post about some of the issues.
Sometimes you need to install .Net 3.5 to run some games or app cos the OS came with 4.0 up
And also make sure you have 4 GB ram and 64 bit machine. If not go for Win 7 Ultimate
Personally I run the two on different computers
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by Kodext(m): 4:52pm On Jul 28, 2017
ITbomb:
The misconception about Win 10 is for lazy people.

Win 10 is the best, all it needs is for you to update all drivers
I wrote a post about some of the issues.
Sometimes you need to install .Net 3.5 to run some games or app cos the OS came with 4.0 up
And also make sure you have 4 GB ram and 64 bit machine. If not go for Win 7 Ultimate
Personally I run the two on different computers

Thanks Man!

What About Windows 8?
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by ITbomb(m): 5:46pm On Jul 28, 2017
Kodext:

Thanks Man!

What About Windows 8?
Even Microsoft acknowledged that Win 8 was a mistake
They brought out Win 8.1 but was still buggy, they had to abandon it and develop an all inclusive ultimate Win 10.

Apart from installing for people, Win 8 has never passed a night on any of my systems

This might be helpful
https://www.nairaland.com/3251391/common-issues-after-installing-windows

1 Like

Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by Kodext(m): 8:12pm On Jul 28, 2017
ITbomb:

They brought out Win 8.1 but was still buggy, they had to abandon it and develop an all inclusive ultimate Win 10.

Apart from installing for people, Win 8 has never passed a night on any of my systems

This might be helpful

Thanks bro... I'd like windows 10, don't know if my system is capable.

System type; 64-bit Operating system
Installed memory (RAM): 2.00GB
Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Model: Compaq Presario CQ61 Notebook PC
Rating: 3.3 Windows Experience Index

How possible for system of such abilities to accept Win10?
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by femarse: 10:09pm On Jul 28, 2017
ITbomb:

This might be helpful

oga stop giving people fat lie here window 10 is a little brush up of window 8.1
window 10 and window vista is the only window that was buggy right from release window 8 and 8.1 was perfect straight from the factory
yes people don't like window 8 but window 8.1 I wouldn't trade it for the ever buggy window 10 anytime any day
OP Window 8.1 is 100% stable and reliable than window 10 anytime any day u can ask any other person that understand computer on nairaland
choose window 10 and u will have more than 100 things to fix u fix data issue u fix display issue battery issue this and that etc use window 8.1 and u don't need to fix anything the thing is just perfect straight away and it does not struggle with any system
I am referring to 8.1 not 8
I use 8.1 and despite all Microsoft attempt to switch me to 10 I have remain on 8.1 cos it's perfect to me

1 Like

Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by Kodext(m): 10:53pm On Jul 28, 2017
femarse:

oga stop giving people fat lie here window 10 is a little brush up of window 8.1
window 10 and window vista is the only window that was buggy right from release window 8 and 8.1 was perfect straight from the factory
yes people don't like window 8 but window 8.1 I wouldn't trade it for the ever buggy window 10 anytime any day
OP Window 8.1 is 100% stable and reliable than window 10 anytime any day u can ask any other person that understand computer on nairaland
choose window 10 and u will have more than 100 things to fix u fix data issue u fix display issue battery issue this and that etc use window 8.1 and u don't need to fix anything the thing is just perfect straight away and it does not struggle with any system
I use 8.1 and despite all Microsoft attempt to switch me to 10 I have remain on 8.1 cos it's perfect to me
Bro take it easy...
I get ur point, we are all learning!

View my previous comment, with my PC specifications, which is best?
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by udemzyudex(m): 5:29pm On Jul 29, 2017
I'll stick with my windows 7 ultimate, na u get your mouth grin

2 Likes

Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by Nobody: 3:15am On Jul 30, 2017
femarse:

Guy you are the best. You have said it all, 2 gbaski.

2 Likes

Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by femarse: 7:41am On Jul 30, 2017
Kodext:

Bro take it easy...
I get ur point, we are all learning!

View my previous comment, with my PC specifications, which is best?
did u see the number of people that complain about the problem window 10 was giving them on your thread? u still come here to say window 8 is buggy

1 Like

Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by Kodext(m): 9:28pm On Jul 30, 2017
femarse:

did u see the number of people that complain about the problem window 10 was giving them on your thread? u still come here to say window 8 is buggy
Thanks Man!

M getting d Is disc tomorrow!
don't even know d price yet!

I think I will be getting Win 7 ultimate!

cuz with my PC's specifications... don't know if I install win8, if it will be fast n not making my PC to be slow.
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by femarse: 6:58am On Jul 31, 2017
Kodext:

Thanks Man!

M getting d Is disc tomorrow!
don't even know d price yet!

I think I will be getting Win 7 ultimate!

cuz with my PC's specifications... don't know if I install win8, if it will be fast n not making my PC to be slow.

basically any window OS will run smoothly on your laptop regardless of the spec except window 10 which will certainly give you headache no matter what I use window 7 in the office and window 8.1 at home I will go with window 8.1 anytime it's more modern than window 7 and if u decide to install window 8 make sure it's 8.1 it's so sweet
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by Healer007: 9:02am On Jul 31, 2017
Each OS has its own challenges, ups and downs but any challenge or issue can be resolved but for me I would advise to install Windows 10 if your lappy has the required specs. Windows 8 or 8.1 are a lil bit crappy. If you notice windows 10 abandoned windows 8 full screen apps view and took the windows 7-like own (although its different from windows 7's own)
When I read some people reviewing windows 8, one of them said he had to downgrade his system to windows 7 and till now windows 7 is more preferred to windows 8 by most people (as many PCs still use it) but Windows 7 don old naa....cheesy To me after Windows 7 Na Windows 10 angry
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by femarse: 10:05am On Jul 31, 2017
stop saying something is crappy when u can't point out one single issue on it other than the word crappy u learnt somewhere recently
window 8 was Microsoft attempt to switch window to a mobile like OS. and it failed cos people want their computer to be computer and not mobile computer hence we have window 8.1 which is combination of window 8 and window 7 window 10 is an improvement on that concept nothing new about it however window 10 is dam 100% buggy in all ramifications update issue screen issue data consumption issue driver issue compatibility issue and all the issue u can mention are inherent in window 10 unlike when window 8 came out it was perfect no issue it's only sin was been a mobile OS with app on a computer instead of software as people know it

1 Like

Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by Kodext(m): 11:55am On Aug 07, 2017
femarse:

basically any window OS will run smoothly on your laptop regardless of the spec except window 10 which will certainly give you headache no matter what I use window 7 in the office and window 8.1 at home I will go with window 8.1 anytime it's more modern than window 7 and if u decide to install window 8 make sure it's 8.1 it's so sweet

I finally installed 8.1...

but its kind of a bit slow, though have not even installed some programs!

1 Like

Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by femarse: 12:03pm On Aug 07, 2017
slowwww like how fast are u expecting it to be cos window 8 is faster than window 7 both in boot time and launch time and what build of window 8.1 did u install ? d one that take u to desktop straight from boot or the one that take u to metro interface ?
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by Kodext(m): 1:10pm On Aug 07, 2017
femarse:
slowwww like how fast are u expecting it to be cos window 8 is faster than window 7 both in boot time and launch time and what build of window 8.1 did u install ? d one that take u to desktop straight from boot or the one that take u to metro interface ?

Explain... cuz it seems is desktop.

once I switch it on, it loads n ask for my password cus I passworded it.

after that it displays welcome n go straight to my homepage .
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by femarse: 10:04pm On Aug 07, 2017
what is your system spec the hard drive and processor what particularly is slow ? launching of app? which type ? give an example
if u are operating the system and its somehow sluggish open task manager and see what percentage is memory and CPU usage what exactly are the listed app using this resources
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by Nobody: 2:25am On Aug 08, 2017
Pls who can help me with Windows 8.1 activator.

Plssssssssss it's urgent!

Cc: femarse
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by femarse: 7:27am On Aug 08, 2017
download latest version of kmspico or window tool kit however I use kmspico but u have to whitelist it on your antivirus else it will be seeing it as virus and will delete it
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by Kodext(m): 10:20pm On Aug 09, 2017
Femarse

The problem my system is having is that I try connecting my phone hotspot with my laptop win8.1 WiFi but it ain't connecting, I try it with my friends own, it worked!

but my system can't find my hotspot!

help out...
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by femarse: 3:40am On Aug 10, 2017
u mean ur wifi is not seeing the hotspot at all if that is the case update your wifi driver head up to the system manufacturer website and check your for ur system or just google ur system name plus wifi driver download and download the wifi driver with another system or phone then send to your system and install

or are u getting connected but limited access that is no internet connection ?
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by Kodext(m): 1:08pm On Aug 10, 2017
femarse:
u mean ur wifi is not seeing the hotspot at all if that is the case update your wifi driver head up to the system manufacturer website and check your for ur system or just google ur system name plus wifi driver download and download the wifi driver with another system or phone then send to your system and install

or are u getting connected but limited access that is no internet connection ?

My system WiFi is not even seeing my phone hotspot!
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by Romeo386: 6:01pm On Aug 10, 2017
femarse:

Bro, i followed ur advice and upgraded from windows 7 ultimate to windows 8.1 enterprise. Windows 8.1 is truly the best and the sweetest wink its smooth and faster than 7 ultimate. I intented to dual boot 7 and 10 but with windows 8.1, now i will dual boot the 8.1 with ubuntu linux. The problem am facing with the windows 8.1 is that the brightness can’t be reduced or increased, its too bright. Pls how can i reduce the brightness? Thanks.
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by Kodext(m): 8:08pm On Aug 10, 2017
Romeo386:
Bro, i followed ur advice and migrated from windows 7 ultimate to windows 8.1 enterprise. Windows 8.1 is truly the best and the sweetest wink i intented to dual boot 7 and 10 but with windows 8.1, now i will dual boot the 8.1 with ubuntu linux. The problem am facing with the windows 8.1 is that the brightness can’t be reduced or increased, its too bright. Pls how can i reduce the brightness? Thanks.
How is the Enterprise Like?
Cos am using 8.1 x64 Professional.
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by helicopterman(m): 7:41am On Aug 11, 2017
very informative thread here, really excited i bumped into this thread, ok folks and computer gurus. I recently got a desktop 4th generation core i5 3.2ghz 4gig ram for strictly gaming purposes, the factory OS was windows 8.1 but due to my very sensitive flight simulation applications which i read online works very stable with windows 7, i opted the OS to windows 7 ultimate. Where issues started was after installing windows 7, few drivers werent functioning properly, eg LAN, and VGA drivers went crazy, factory vga was 128mb HD graphics but i saw 68mb. So after reading some iss. I reverted back to 8.1. But after then, bootup time became slow,3-5mins, consistent crashing for my flight simulator applications,and LAN icon disappered. Finally it keeps showing windows is activated, but after 1hour it pops up saying windows needs activation again. Biko help me plssssss.....what can i do to this baby now?
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by Kodext(m): 8:33am On Aug 11, 2017
helicopterman:
very informative thread here, really excited i bumped into this thread, ok folks and computer gurus. I recently got a desktop 4th generation core i5 3.2ghz 4gig ram for strictly gaming purposes, the factory OS was windows 8.1 but due to my very sensitive flight simulation applications which i read online works very stable with windows 7, i opted the OS to windows 7 ultimate. Where issues started was after installing windows 7, few drivers werent functioning properly, eg LAN, and VGA drivers went crazy, factory vga was 128mb HD graphics but i saw 68mb. So after reading some iss. I reverted back to 8.1. But after then, bootup time became slow,3-5mins, consistent crashing for my flight simulator applications,and LAN icon disappered. Finally it keeps showing windows is activated, but after 1hour it pops up saying windows needs activation again. Biko help me plssssss.....what can i do to this baby now?

Was it Online Upgrade u used, or u bought a 8.1 upgrading Software in CD format and selected Custom install?

Cos if u followed d right instructions then I believe is d Software that has issues with some missing drivers!
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by helicopterman(m): 10:34am On Aug 11, 2017
Kodext:

Was it Online Upgrade u used, or u bought a 8.1 upgrading Software in CD format and selected Custom install?

Cos if u followed d right instructions then I believe is d Software that has issues with some missing drivers!

i bought the CD installtion,along with nessary drivers.i followed all instruction accordinly and not a custom installtion I did a system analysis, it clearly shows all drivers are up to date and installed, secondly, when trying to install a software or open a programme, after clicking, it takes about 3mins or so to even launch the item
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by femarse: 10:58am On Aug 11, 2017
Kodext:

My system WiFi is not even seeing my phone hotspot!
update wifi driver try another hotspot on it let me know the result of the two solution
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by femarse: 11:04am On Aug 11, 2017
helicopterman:
i bought the CD installtion,along with nessary drivers.i followed all instruction accordinly and not a custom installtion I did a system analysis, it clearly shows all drivers are up to date and installed, secondly, when trying to install a software or open a programme, after clicking, it takes about 3mins or so to even launch the item

use driver pack solution to drive the system use the latest version
or the os CD u bought might have missing files in them try another one and do a clean reinstallation
as for the activated window use window tool kit or kmspico latest version however u must whitelist it on your antivirus else ur anti virus will always stop it from activating ur window
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by femarse: 11:07am On Aug 11, 2017
Romeo386:
Bro, i followed ur advice and upgraded from windows 7 ultimate to windows 8.1 enterprise. Windows 8.1 is truly the best and the sweetest wink its smooth and faster than 7 ultimate. I intented to dual boot 7 and 10 but with windows 8.1, now i will dual boot the 8.1 with ubuntu linux. The problem am facing with the windows 8.1 is that the brightness can’t be reduced or increased, ito bright. Pls how can i reduce the brightness? Thanks.

update display driver
Re: Please What Operating System Is Best, Come In→ by Romeo386: 1:58am On Aug 12, 2017
femarse:

update display driver
Done. Problem solved. Thanks a lot.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SOLD (like New)acer Aspire E5-573G Nvidia 940m / Installing Windows 7 In Hp Compaq Presario V4000 / 3g Gsm Router For Cybercafe Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.