Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

To All Africans: Do Not Divide Yourselves - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / To All Africans: Do Not Divide Yourselves (965 Views)

Special Bloodlines: Not All Africans Have The Same Inner Man / When They Say All Africans Live In A Mud Huts / If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To All Africans: Do Not Divide Yourselves by Royan2017(m): 4:19pm On Jul 28, 2017
Hi every body;
I'm not an African, I'm originally from Iran.
The reason I signed up to this site is that I was googling some information about some Nigerian tribe and I stumbled upon this site and I found it interesting.
I've noticed that some of the east African users of this site use the word "Negro" (and its adjective "Negroid) as an insult for calling west African people as if they themselves are Nordic white Europeans!
It seems that they have never been to Europe and have never had any contact with European people, 'cause in their (European) opinion even people of Georgia, Armenia and Turkey cannot be considered white! And in my view the majority of people of Iran, Azerbaijan and Pakistan, who are white compared to, for instance, the Somalis, are not white! So saying east Africans are not black just because they are smaller in size compared to west Africans, or because they are more Caucasoid than them, is beyond ignorance. If you want my opinion, people of Ethiopia, Somalia, and Eritrea are all black.
Let's not forget that most of the famous African people have had west African ancestors.
Re: To All Africans: Do Not Divide Yourselves by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 28, 2017
Ethiopian here

Personally, I've never seen myself other than black.

Yes, there are some East Africans in this forum who didn't/don't see themselves as black and insulted other Africans; especially some Somalian trolls before this year. But there are also good Ethiopians and Somalians in this forum I know. Every country has positive and negative ppl.

The reason why you and me signed up is similar. I myself also saw hate comments towards other Africans by Horn of Africans. Seriously I got mad and signed up this April to tell my fellow African brothers and sisters that we ain't different from black and the bad comments here don't define us all and at the same time to advertise my country to other ppl also.

My first post here was to apologize what ppl in my area said and to express my love for my fellow Africans.
Re: To All Africans: Do Not Divide Yourselves by Royan2017(m): 5:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
Hati13:
Ethiopian here

Personally, I've never seen myself other than black.

Yes, there are some East Africans in this forum who didn't/don't see themselves as black and insulted other Africans; especially some Somalian trolls before this year. But there are also good Ethiopians and Somalians in this forum I know. Every country has positive and negative ppl.

The reason why you and me signed up is similar. I myself also saw hate comments towards other Africans by Horn of Africans. Seriously I got mad and signed up this April to tell my fellow African brothers and sisters that we ain't different from black and the bad comments here don't define us all and at the same time to advertise my country to other ppl also.

My first post here was to apologize what ppl in my area said and to express my love for my fellow Africans.
Nice comment.
If those "trolls" travel to any European country, they surely will know that they are black and they will understand that white nationalists treat them the same way they treat other blacks. If anyone doesn't believe me, they can visit this page: https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t893535/?s=13dc98a61d6fff85dec809c523af8f95
Re: To All Africans: Do Not Divide Yourselves by ednited(f): 5:43pm On Jul 28, 2017
Royan2017:
Hi every body;
I'm not an African, I'm originally from Iran.
The reason I signed up to this site is that I was googling some information about some Nigerian tribe and I stumbled upon this site and I found it interesting.
I've noticed that some of the east African users of this site use the word "Negro" (and its adjective "Negroid) as an insult for calling west African people as if they themselves are Nordic white Europeans!
It seems that they have never been to Europe and have never had any contact with European people, 'cause in their (European) opinion even people of Georgia, Armenia and Turkey cannot be considered white! And in my view the majority of people of Iran, Azerbaijan and Pakistan, who are white compared to, for instance, the Somalis, are not white! So saying east Africans are not black just because they are smaller in size compared to west Africans, or because they are more Caucasoid than them, is beyond ignorance. If you want my opinion, people of Ethiopia, Somalia, and Eritrea are all black.
Let's not forget that most of the famous African people have had west African ancestors.

You are right. There was a user named Ajuran (who have messed up this place) saying negro and many other stuffs

But no any other Somali, Ethiopian or Eritrean in here who is against the west. We are all good. All of us are proud black people
Re: To All Africans: Do Not Divide Yourselves by Royan2017(m): 6:09pm On Jul 28, 2017
ednited:

You are right. There was a user named Ajuran (who have messed up this place) saying negro and many other stuffs

But no any other Somali, Ethiopian or Eritrean in here who is against the west. We are all good. All of us are proud black people
Have you ever wondered why a large number of the Somalis look like each other? Genetics says Inbreeding.
Maybe that's why the Somalis are Caucasoid, maybe the first Somalis were some Caucasoid blacks and they reproduced themselves and all this fuss saying they are Caucasoid because they are mixed with whites, is just a hoax.
Re: To All Africans: Do Not Divide Yourselves by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 28, 2017
Royan2017:

Have you ever wondered why a large number of the Somalis look like each other? Genetics says Inbreeding.
Maybe that's why the Somalis are Caucasoid, maybe the first Somalis were some Caucasoid blacks and they reproduced themselves and all this fuss saying they are Caucasoid because they are mixed with whites, is just a hoax.
Somalians and any Horn of Africans ain't Caucasian. Caucasian are only ppl whose ancestors originated in the Caucasian mountains. It was a racist term created by German anthropologist in the 18th century AD and it doesn't exist in real sense.

Somalians are Cushite ppl who ancestors were came to Africa from Eurasia about 12,000-10,000 BC.

All the current Ethiopians, Eritreans, Somalians and Djiboutians were one ppl and spoke one language that scholars know named it "Afro-Asiatic language" around 8000 BC.

Later those ppl started to migrate to different directions and through time their one language and similar appearance started to differentiate from one another because of mixing with others and environment. The descendants of this one ppl now speak the different branches of Afro-Asiatic super family language. These are:-
• Cushitic languages
• Semitic languages
• Omotic languages
• Berber languages
• Chadic languages
• Ancient Egyptian (extinct)

Somalians and Oromos separated from each other recently.
Re: To All Africans: Do Not Divide Yourselves by Royan2017(m): 8:15am On Aug 04, 2017
Hati13:

Somalians and any Horn of Africans ain't Caucasian. Caucasian are only ppl whose ancestors originated in the Caucasian mountains. It was a racist term created by German anthropologist in the 18th century AD and it doesn't exist in real sense.

Somalians are Cushite ppl who ancestors were came to Africa from Eurasia about 12,000-10,000 BC.

All the current Ethiopians, Eritreans, Somalians and Djiboutians were one ppl and spoke one language that scholars know named it "Afro-Asiatic language" around 8000 BC.

Later those ppl started to migrate to different directions and through time their one language and similar appearance started to differentiate from one another because of mixing with others and environment. The descendants of this one ppl now speak the different branches of Afro-Asiatic super family language. These are:-
• Cushitic languages
• Semitic languages
• Omotic languages
• Berber languages
• Chadic languages
• Ancient Egyptian (extinct)

Somalians and Oromos separated from each other recently.
All you said is just history and history is not even a science, I don't believe in it. Even science itself isn't certain and decisive.
Besides, What does DNA have to do with what language you speak?
Re: To All Africans: Do Not Divide Yourselves by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 05, 2017
Royan2017:

All you said is just history and history is not even a science, I don't believe in it. Even science itself isn't certain and decisive.
Besides, What does DNA have to do with what language you speak?
History - it's the study of the past that happened after the coming of writing system.
Science - it's the collection of observing, analyzing and conclusion(theory or fact)

Most Scholars nowadays research phenomenas of the past or study the past from the perspective of scientific point of views, so how can you History ain't a science? If you say, say that some of our History ain't viewed from scientific point of view, but don't generalize things.

Language has nothing to do directly with DNA, but by analyzing the origin of the language we talking about, we can exactly determine or guess from which environment the ancestors or the present speakers of the language came. It can't always tell the truth, but it could at least give us a theory.

For example, if someone asks, "why Argentina ppl average DNA is mostly similar with the DNA of Italians and Spanish?" You can user his/her question from the perspective of language History by saying, "from 1500s onwards, some ppl that spoke the Spanish and Italian languages started to migrate to the present day Argentina mostly from the present day Spain and Italy respectively." This answer is a fact.

Sometimes analyzing the language/s of a given ppl may not show similarities in DNA between those ppl and the original speakers of that language/s in another place. For example, even if some Africans speak a same language with like the Europeans, there is no that much recent DNA relation between them.

My answer to you about Somalians is a scientific theory proposed by some scholars. It could either be right or wrong.

But don't say that the 1st Somalians were black Caucasian, because they didn't originated in Caucasian mountains. The Cushitic speaking ppl in which Somalians are part of it are a very old stock ppl and have been in East Africa for about 12,000-10,000 years long. While whites themselves say Caucasian are young ppl and originated about 5000 years ago(3000 BC).

(1) (Reply)

2021 Igogo Festival In Owo Town Of Ondo State / Reasons The Benin Ife Relationship Was A Lie Told By Royal Elite / What Is The Connection Exactly Between Nsukka-igbo And Igala?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.