Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

How To Prepare Abak Atama Soup (banga Soup Recipe) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Abak Atama Soup (banga Soup Recipe) (1580 Views)

"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps / How To Prepare Abak Atama Soup / How To Make Abak Atama Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare Abak Atama Soup (banga Soup Recipe) by vinegurl(f): 2:23am On Jul 29, 2017
Abak atama soup which is also called palm fruit soup (banga soup) is a very delicious and spicy recipe, it is prepared with palm fruit extract, atama leaf, assorted meat and few healthy ingredients.

Atama leaves are sometimes refer to as "bush apple leaves”, it has a botanical name such as [i]Heinsia cri[/i]nite. Atama is usually found at the backyards of many Ibibios and efiks. The soup is mostly prepared with the fresh atama leaves, the fresh leaves can be thinly sliced and dried in the sun till they become brittle and then preserved in a bag until when the leaf is needed.

Abak atama soup ingredients include the following

Medium bunch fresh atama leaf (dried atama leaf could be substituted)
Palm fruits( eyop), 3 cups (tin milk cup or 1/2 mudu)
Beef or goat meat, 1/2 kilogram
Shelled periwinkles, 2 cups
Snails or crab, any amount
Kpomo(cow hide),1 piece
Stockfish,1 head or any part
Smoked fish, 1 big size
Uyayak (aidan fruit or local spice of your choice) 1/2 piece
Crayfish (ground)1 cup
Fresh or dried ground pepper (as desired)
Seasoning cubes,4 cubes or to taste
Salt to taste

Atama soup can be served with eba or fufu, but you can enjoy yours with semolina if you want. See how to prepare this simple and healthy palm fruit/nut extract soup in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYJu09wq7Yo

1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Abak Atama Soup (banga Soup Recipe) by Cameleon72(f): 4:57am On Jul 29, 2017
Noted

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Where Can I Get Donkunu (kenke) That Ghana Delicacy In Kano? / See What I Bought With 5,000 Naira Today / What Do You Call These Seeds?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.