Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React (18883 Views)

9 Kidnapped Kids From Kano Found In Anambra (photos) / Nigerians React To The Death Of Leah Sharibu (Unconfirmed) / The Arrest Of Hacker, Doctor Michael Williams: Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by ebubefavou: 4:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
Following the release of kidnapped Lagos school kids who stayed in captivity for 63 days, the Lagos State Government is reportedly taking credit for it all.

Acting President Yemi Osibanjo's Senior Special Assistant Media and Publicity, Laolu Akande, who thanked the Lagos State Government for working tirelessly with Ondo and Delta States government, alongside Nigerian Navy and other security agencies, ignited the anger of Nigerians with his tweet.

According to Nigerians who reacted to Laolu's tweet, the credit should go to the parents of the kids who paid the N31M ransom to secure the release of their children.

http://www.lailasblog.com/lagos-state-government-takes-credit-released-kidnapped-kids-nigerians-react/

lalasticlala

Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by taylor88(m): 4:29pm On Jul 29, 2017
so it's now whom credit goes to they're fighting for

where are those secondary school mates who normally say " if i slap u ehnn u will fly to America "

pls i need the slap am tayad

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by eyeview: 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2017
After the parents had paid over N31m, the kidnappers held the kids till they probably got all they wanted and thereafter released the kids without a single arrest made.
I think this is one credit the lagos state govt should denounce.
Anyway, apc govts everywhere are looking for achievements to take credit for

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by KingLennon(m): 5:58pm On Jul 29, 2017
Jeez! The lagos state government has no shame. The parents paid a 31million naira ransom and the police did not make any single arrest. And they want to sow, where they did not reap. Thunder fire them

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by veekid(m): 5:58pm On Jul 29, 2017
Has Evans been released?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by lonelydora: 5:59pm On Jul 29, 2017
If i happen to be Ambode, the lagos state governor, I will just do a public announcement on National television and dailies denouncing this credit given to LASG, and also ban Laolu from saying stuffs about LASG for the next 2 years. Just imagine?

The parent's of the kids paid more than 30 million for their release.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by Osuhatesosu: 5:59pm On Jul 29, 2017
Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by three: 6:00pm On Jul 29, 2017
This (should be) the height of wickedness, insensitivity and sheer grandstanding with the lives of the citizenry.

'should be' because ordinarily the outrage should be palpable and not merely expressed online.

It is in the Public Domain that:

1. The parents of these boys were largely ignored by the State Government.

2. They had to pay a ransom to the tune of N30+ million.

3. The State Government claimed they had 'caught' the kidnappers barely 2 weeks into the debacle.

Where are the billions spent without appropriation or accounts on security in LAGOS State?

All na wash

15 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by israelboy1(m): 6:00pm On Jul 29, 2017
What goes around still comes at hand
{Me}

We all are comedians, Good in our own ways...

That's another joke up there...

What a tweet angry cry angry

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by Ayo001: 6:00pm On Jul 29, 2017
Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by AUTOCRATIC(m): 6:01pm On Jul 29, 2017
Because social media has made it possible for everyone to make comment on national issues, we should learn to be rational with our comments. What the kids died in the custody of the kidnappers, would you charge the governments to court for anything? And if u can,would they be sentence to jail for it..the state governments and other agencies who participated in the release needs to be commended..Chibok girls u till today,we are only shouting and protesting only part of them.were brought back

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by Oye50(m): 6:01pm On Jul 29, 2017
I wonder what has become of our dear nation. Government taking political credits for the plight of the people. Such a failed state. Once you fly to any reasonable country, as soon as you land you'll realise Nigeria is such a failed state. Nonsense

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by Biggty(m): 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2017
Government with misplaced priorities

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by Mrkumareze(m): 6:05pm On Jul 29, 2017
When they were busy interrogating Evans and publishing his confessions . Men out there were gathering the tricks Evans used as a successful kidnapper . Now they 're putting it into practice . May God save this nation. Previous I haven't heard of kidnappers holding someone for more than two months.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by DivneFavour(m): 6:05pm On Jul 29, 2017
He did not even recognize the parents efforts. That is the problem with this government, quick to take credit for anything good and fast n furious to blame others for anything bad.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 29, 2017
Alright
Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by agbonkamen(f): 6:06pm On Jul 29, 2017
Apc and credit from individual's effort grin
Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by Jerrypolo(m): 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2017
The same Lagos that cured Ebola in Nigeria? grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by ChangetheChange: 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2017
grin grin grin

APC government and propaganda are like bread and beans

The parents of those innocent children paid the ransom money and the stupid Lagos state government is bragging about being responsible for their release

Why toy with the children and their parents emotions with propaganda

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by chuose2: 6:10pm On Jul 29, 2017
Afonjas and confusion. angry

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by AUTOCRATIC(m): 6:10pm On Jul 29, 2017
AUTOCRATIC:
Because social media has made it possible for everyone to make comment on national issues, we should learn to be rational with our comments. What if the kids died in the custody of the kidnappers, would you charge the governments to court for anything? And if u can,would they be sentence to jail for it..the state governments and other agencies who participated in the release needs to be commended..Chibok girls u till today,we are only shouting and protesting only part of them.were brought back
Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 29, 2017
so?

people , myself included were criticizing ambode for doing nothing. i sincerely feared those kids were dead. LASG certaininly had a hand in their recovery. if you're going to cuss out ambode, you should also celebrate him.
Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by kayzat: 6:10pm On Jul 29, 2017
Nigerians can be funny at times. if it is only #31million that secure the release of those boys I am very sure they won't have spent 2 months with the kidnappers.

We expect government to start reeling out all they did behind the scenes on this issue

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by PointZerom: 6:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
Lagos remains a no man's land

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by johnjay4u2u(m): 6:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
O daa
Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 29, 2017
ebubefavou:
Following the release of kidnapped Lagos school kids who stayed in captivity for 63 days, the Lagos State Government is reportedly taking credit for it all.

Acting President Yemi Osibanjo's Senior Special Assistant Media and Publicity, Laolu Akande, who thanked the Lagos State Government for working tirelessly with Ondo and Delta States government, alongside Nigerian Navy and other security agencies, ignited the anger of Nigerians with his tweet.

According to Nigerians who reacted to Laolu's tweet, the credit should go to the parents of the kids who paid the N31M ransom to secure the release of their children.

http://www.lailasblog.com/lagos-state-government-takes-credit-released-kidnapped-kids-nigerians-react/

lalasticlala

Ransom paid so why giving credit
Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by ChinonsoDike2: 6:14pm On Jul 29, 2017
Blacks are unable to run stable societies. Show me one majority black country that is not a Banana Republic.

The blacks are absolutely inferior.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by kayzat: 6:15pm On Jul 29, 2017
oyb:
so?

people , myself included were criticizing ambode for doing nothing. i sincerely feared those kids were dead. LASG certaininly had a hand in their recovery. if you're going to cuss out ambode, you should also celebrate him.

I heard even one of the civilian volunteers was killed during the exchange of gunfire with the kidnappers and some injured as well .
Re: Lagos State Government Takes Credit For Released Kidnapped Kids, Nigerians React by RZArecta(m): 6:17pm On Jul 29, 2017
APC needs to claim achievement by fire by force, any means necessary even in the face of gross ineptitude grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Ali Daudu In Benue, Kill 4, Injure Others (Graphic Photo) / Cross-River: Militants Attack Federal Prison In Afokang, Kill Guard / Charms, ammunition recovered from kidnappers in Benue (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.