Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast (31889 Views)

Robert Mugabe’s 37-Year-Old Rule As Zimbabwean President In Pictures / President Mugabe Sleeping During Donald Trump's UN Speech (Photo) / "I Will Not Step Down" - Yahya Jammeh, Gambian President (2) (3) (4)

I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by atorioke(m): 6:33pm On Jul 29, 2017
President Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe on Saturday said he was not stepping down nor die and that there was no one with his political stature who could immediately take over from him.

The 93-year-old leader has been in charge in the former British colony since independence in 1980.

His health is closely watched by Zimbabweans, who fear the country could face chaos if he dies without anointing a successor.

Mugabe told tens of thousands of supporters at a rally in the town of Chinhoyi, in his home province, that doctors were recently surprised by his “strong bone system.”

He has traveled to Singapore three times this year for what officials say is routine medical treatment.

“There is the issue that the president is going. I am not going,” Mugabe told supporters on the grounds of a local university, 100 km west of the capital Harare.

“The president is dying. I am not dying. I will have an ailment here and there but bodywise, all my internal organs … very firm, very strong,” Mugabe said as he leant on the lectern.

Mugabe had walked onto the stage slowly but without assistance.

The issue of who will succeed Mugabe has deeply divided the ruling party, with two factions supporting Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa and Mugabe’s wife Grace.

On Thursday, Grace challenged Mugabe to name his preferred successor, to end divisions over the future leadership of ZANU-PF.

She repeated the call on Saturday, adding that Mugabe would lead the process to choose his eventual successor.

Mugabe said although some party officials wanted to succeed him, he saw no one among his subordinates with his political clout to keep the party united and fend off a challenge from the main opposition Movement for Democratic Change.

“A new man will not have the same stature and the same acceptance as I have managed to secure for the party over the years,” said Mugabe.

Source NAN

Mynd44

http://www.eyereport.com.ng/i-will-not-step-down-nor-die-mugabe-boast/

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by atorioke(m): 6:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
Cc; Lalasticlala
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by auntysimbiat(f): 6:37pm On Jul 29, 2017

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by olayinks007(m): 6:50pm On Jul 29, 2017
Nt suprise sha. Only in Africa

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by kanayoNickel: 6:53pm On Jul 29, 2017
u can stay on forever baby

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by ShobayoEmma(m): 6:56pm On Jul 29, 2017
Like Mugabe like Buhari.
Have you ever heard of death that kills without notice? When it knocks at your door, you will know that 6 is bigger than 7.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Evablizin(f): 6:59pm On Jul 29, 2017
Mugabe still 2090

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by orunto27: 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2017
The Lord is with Mugabe.

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Jabioro: 7:09pm On Jul 29, 2017
Nothing last for ever.. you will surely died.. for all the 24hours doctors around you.. When the time for home calling arrived you have no power over it.

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by nerodenero: 7:33pm On Jul 29, 2017
Mandela is still being remembered. Nobody will remember Mugabe when he is gone. Same thing applies to so many polithiefcians in Nigeria. They should all die already!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by thoollz: 7:33pm On Jul 29, 2017
Mehn, we're so power intoxicated n Africa. Imagine, someone that should be on his sick/death bed. The vegetable in London too can not humbly resign.

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by liftedhigh: 7:33pm On Jul 29, 2017
Nice
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Christane: 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
dat is d spirit soldier may u live forever ..
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Ladiesdream: 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
Ok you will dead not, you will dead one day..

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by nrexzy: 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
Buhari's role model

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by yim(f): 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
Don't die again sir. cheesy
Anikulapo Mugabe

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Vanpascore(m): 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
Make e continue for life . . . . . .yeye man
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Sleyanya1(m): 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
OMG...What a Heart breaking news to the people of
Zimbabwe angry grin cheesy

Power corrupts & Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

He should wait until he starts lying down on his sick bed to give His Independence Day speech.

Smh...Africans and greed.

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Turks: 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Suckaholic: 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
cheesy cheesy Make e no die again nao
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by cinoedhunter: 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
Die there na... one day , ur Owner go call u, u won't only step down, u will go down 6ft

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by emmyw(m): 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
Mugabe My Man

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by ekems2017(f): 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
Ok o stay there oga . The one that can give and take life anytime will soon unseat you.
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Earthquake1: 7:36pm On Jul 29, 2017
If Nigeria was Zimbabwe, sarrki would have been among those campaigning for Mugabe.

Enemies of state.

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Ne0w1zarD: 7:36pm On Jul 29, 2017

This man has been in office for how many years now? And he can still talk and address people in English...

Meanwhile our phresident (Mr Vegetable) used only some months and has already relocated Aso Rock to London.
Either vegetable ain't getting the right fertilizer and manure or 'hets' just to worn out to respond to it...

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Tuoyofelix(m): 7:36pm On Jul 29, 2017
OK continue
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 29, 2017
Look at his flabby face. You can die there if you want ...werey

Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by born2wyn(f): 7:36pm On Jul 29, 2017
Ngwa!! live forever O Mugabe.Yeye fowl
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by Exponental(m): 7:37pm On Jul 29, 2017
Na your birth and death rites.... kontinu!!!
Re: I Will Not Step Down Nor Die - 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe Boast by martineverest(m): 7:37pm On Jul 29, 2017
Ur wife already said so... I really pity her because by the time u die, she will be sent to jail

Donald Trump And Vladimir Putin Meet In Finland (Photos) / Putin Tests 'unstoppable ' Hypersonic Missile As Tension Rage With The West(Pix) / First Footage Of The Rescued Thailand Boys Smiling In The Hospital(Photos)