Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,871 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:23 AM

Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype - TV/Movies (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype (63306 Views)

Bbnaija: Frodd Uses Veto Power To Nominate Tacha, And 4 Others For Eviction / The Mountain From Game Of Thrones And His Wife In Pictures / More Photos Of 'The Mountain' In Game Of Thrones And His Tiny Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Koolking(m): 3:30pm On Jul 30, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:
Game of throne on this list? op... next time you're buying weed... at least get a good one..
I don't think you've actually followed the movie right from season 1...

I'm patiently waiting for season 7 episode 3...

NONSENSE LIST

op run for your life cuz WINTER IS COMING

Winter has already come for the house of Frey and the op.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Goldicon49: 3:43pm On Jul 30, 2017
I nr fit just look this thread pass without vexing for the OP.. Guy i know everyone likes different things.. "As they say 1 man food is another man poison" but you see son this saying doesn't apply to game of thrones ...even my mom dy watch am...calling GOT "over hype" is a sin unto God and man...just because you watch 1 episode..stick to your Jenifer dairy bruh..i even saw one deeper life pastor that lives close to my house buying the season 4 and 5 ..if a man of God can watch GOT, who d hell are you to cal it over hype ..I have 10dogs and they hv all seen GOT, so what is wrong with you?

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 30, 2017
Koolking:

Winter has already come for the house of Frey and the op.
the op can't escape from the dead armies...
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Worksunlimited: 4:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
numerouno01:

lmao, anyone can die(king joffrey).
there's a theory that the faceless man is either ned stark or syrio forel. i will go mad if it turns out so

Not possible.. Could believe the faceless man could actually be the guy said to be the greatest swordsman in GOT.. Arthur was it?

Referring to the guy ned stark had to kill before he could get to his sister's syd, up in the tower.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Ayiibobo(m): 4:58pm On Jul 30, 2017
ThierryJay:

Yeah I loved the music themes of GOT. But have you seen some other wonderful series as well to make the above assertion?

Game of Thrones is an unusual series. It doesn't get really interesting until the midway through the second season as the plot gradually builds up. However, the fact that the series was able to accommodate so many different and intriguing character storylines for so long without the scriptwriters or the teeming audience getting confused, stands it out. It also reflects the age-long fascinating power-play that has shaped the direction of the world since time immemorial, which a lot of people can relate to.

The above notwithstanding, for a series to be considered as the best, it should be able to provide that GRIPPING, EDGE-OF-THE-SEAT, JAW-DROPPING, ORGASMIC moments/story lines CONSISTENTLY for the most part. In this regard, it is my humble opinion that no series (1990s till date) has delivered on this better than PRISON BREAK and 24, which I consider both as the best fictional things to happen to Television. The enjoyment I get from GOT, although sustained, has not reached that gripping, intense, "go-all day without food" level I get from seeing 24 and Prison Break. The only area GOT performs better is its multi-faceted storyline while Prison Break and 24 tend to portray events only from Michael Scofield or Jack Bauer's perspective respectively. However, this does not translate to being more interesting.

For me, ratings do not provide the complete picture. It will surprise you that the series with the highest ratings ever are the soapy, boring, or regular ones that I don't even consider half as interesting such as Oz, Breaking Bad, The West Wing, Friends, Battlestar Galactica, Big Bang Theory, Grey's Anatomy, The Wire etc, most of which are rated above GOT, 24 and PBreak. This may be attributed to diverse tastes of global viewers especially one-half of the world's population (female folk) who generally do not prefer action-laced thrillers or complex intrigues.
take your time to see breaking bad again,that is if you have seen it and u don't understand the plot,its worth the ratings,.. I'm surprised no one is mentioning American gods,Vikings,into the badlands,tyrant,house of cards,west world,wayward pines here,these series are so fantastic,..I think the op should have added empire,walking dead,pitch,and legion to that fucking list of overhyped series,. ...GOT is undisputedly the number one series showing on TV screens right now,,wtf did he actually listed Power as over rated?,I mean if the op can list these two as over hyped,mehn dis guy no fit sabi beta tin
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Deefuray(f): 5:07pm On Jul 30, 2017
Okaka27:
And you're enjoying the movie?? We need his drama in real life grin Imagine him terrorising U.S and the media

Nah..... I don't want to imagine that

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by ImaIma1(f): 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2017
Mcowubaba:

wink
Are you from Akwa Ibom?

At the moment...yes
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by nairalandbuzz(m): 6:15pm On Jul 30, 2017
safarigirl:
will need watch Suits and GoT, I've managed to not watch a lot of movies an series due to a lack of black cast.

I didn't watch Step Up past the Part 1, didn't watch Harry Potter past the part one ,never watched Twilight, never watched GoT or Prison Break, eventually stopped watching Supernatural....list goes on.

I don't care how good a plot is, if I don't see one black person, I no dey watch and if they eventually kill off the black character (which they love to do), I abandon it.

I tried watching Power, but the nudity in the first episode put me off

I drop my case
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by VickyRotex(f): 6:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
JhyMedex:

Yeagrin...am like a GOT PROMOTER N ENFORCER..grin..

U knw Wat.. let's make a deal..
I'll keep reminding u atleast once each month..
n wen u start u'll tell me..grin..
Deal?..

lol. Afi Promoter na. grin I havent agreed to start. GOT isnt just my kind of series.
But if I decide to start, I'll mention you. And If I still dont find it Interesting, I'll still mention you angry
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Mcowubaba: 6:27pm On Jul 30, 2017
ImaIma1:

At the moment...yes
Lol... So I guess your status is about to change.
But marriage doesn't change one's state of origin though!!
Or I'm missing something or getting it all wrong
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by wayne4loan: 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2017
josemadu:
I really don't know if you can withstand the awesomeness of FRINGE. Good luck though if u are open enough to enjoy the best sci-fi tv series so far
Fringe Was A Master-peice
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by syntekelite(m): 7:03pm On Jul 30, 2017
everyone has their type of movie,but the best series ever no hype no delay straight to the point type of series are...

banshee
tudors
borgias
empire
game of thrones
criminal minds
oz
sopranos
witness to the mob
the wire
walking dead...
this films are for highly matured intellectual minds but very educative..
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by coachee: 7:28pm On Jul 30, 2017
Mcowubaba:

The film is actually not hyped. It has a great storyline
With an amazing cast, great reviews.
Box office records, and high budget.

Just say it's not your type of series.

Like me, I prefer watching comic series like Big Bang theory, 2 broke girls, Scrubs, How I met your mother, Modern family, New girl, Shameless, Devious maids, Everybody hates Chris, 2 and half men, friends, last man on earth
I have watched them all, lol.
The are my type of films.

I also love a little bit of action/thriller , and series like Breaking Bad, Prison Break, Empire, Lost, Nikita, Better call Saul, Blacklist, Blacklist redemption, 24, 24-Legacy, Lethal weapon, OZ, Blindspot, Power, How to get away with murder, Walking Dead etc does it for me..

On very rare occasions, I may want some bit of epic/mystery/Sci-fiction series, I watch Arrows, Game of Thrones, American gods, Gotham, person of interest, limitless

Mehn, I don watch series oo, I have even forgotten some.

Chai....you are my personal person
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Leshboy: 7:45pm On Jul 30, 2017
Checkout walking dead and banshee these are great movie with good story line
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by piagetskinner(m): 7:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
VickyRotex:

lol. Don't mind me. Yeah, series are too long. It's either there's no time or its not interesting as I anticipated or I forget the storyline after a while, and I feel there's no need continuing. Cos truth is, I can take up to 6 months or more, to complete even one season.So there's no way I could have completely watched all series/seasons.
lol. Everyone and GOT sha. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I wish you all Goodluck! I jump and pass. grin

lol abi...yours is truly one of a kind..6 months! chai..

wishing u the very best as u watch ur TV series in disjointed fragments.. I guess you're a very busy person... or u prefer reading books than straining ur eyes on the screen.

enjoy the rest of ur day yea?
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 30, 2017
Worksunlimited:

Not possible.. Could believe the faceless man could actually be the guy said to be the greatest swordsman in GOT.. Arthur was it?

Referring to the guy ned stark had to kill before he could get to his sister's syd, up in the tower.
not a chance it would be ser authur dayne...( he died obviously).
i know ned died obviously too but the theory is that while he was in prison, with the help of varys he switch face with the real faceless man. the faceless man had to die in Ned's place and ned had to carry on his work as the faceless man.
anothar one is that syrio is the faceless man that's why he is helping arya so much hence he was her teacher( and nobody actually saw him die)
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by AyoSammyTunDe(m): 8:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
[quote author=Mcowubaba post=58957866]

[i]The film is actually not hyped. It has a great storyline
With an amazing cast, great reviews.
Box office records, and high budget.

Just say it's not your type of series.

Like me, I prefer watching comic series like Big Bang theory, 2 broke girls, Scrubs, How I met your mother, Modern family, New girl, Shameless, Devious maids, Everybody hates Chris, 2 and half men, friends, last man on earth
I have watched them all, lol.
The are my type of films.
fresh prince of belair

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by JhyMedex: 8:40pm On Jul 30, 2017
VickyRotex:

lol. Afi Promoter na. grin I havent agreed start. GOT isnt just my kind of series.
But if I decide to start, I'll mention you. And If I still dont find it Interesting, I'll still mention you angry
grin.. dts fair enough... u jst myt have a change of Hrt if u give GOT a chance..
Bt I suppose A gal Wants Wat a gal wants...grin
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by UjSizzle(f): 8:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
Ayiibobo:
take your time to see breaking bad again,that is if you have seen it and u don't understand the plot,its worth the ratings,.. I'm surprised no one is mentioning American gods,Vikings,into the badlands,tyrant,house of cards,west world,wayward pines here,these series are so fantastic,..I think the op should have added empire,walking dead,pitch,and legion to that fucking list of overhyped series,. ...GOT is undisputedly the number one series showing on TV screens right now,,wtf did he actually listed Power as over rated?,I mean if the op can list these two as over hyped,mehn dis guy no fit sabi beta tin
Legion was so confusing I couldn't complete the first season.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by JhyMedex: 8:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
Goldicon49:
I nr fit just look this thread pass without vexing for the OP.. Guy i know everyone likes different things.. "As they say 1 man food is another man poison" but you see son this saying doesn't apply to game of thrones ...even my mom dy watch am...calling GOT "over hype" is a sin unto God and man...just because you watch 1 episode..stick to your Jenifer dairy bruh..i even saw one deeper life pastor that lives close to my house buying the season 4 and 5 ..if a man of God can watch GOT, who d hell are you to cal it over hype ..I have 10dogs and they hv all seen GOT, so what is wrong with you?
Lol.. preach bruh!!!
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Worksunlimited: 9:53pm On Jul 30, 2017
numerouno01:

not a chance it would be ser authur dayne...( he died obviously).
i know ned died obviously too but the theory is that while he was in prison, with the help of varys he switch face with the real faceless man. the faceless man had to die in Ned's place and ned had to carry on his work as the faceless man.
anothar one is that syrio is the faceless man that's why he is helping arya so much hence he was her teacher( and nobody actually saw him die)

ned stark wey stubborn pass anything.. Doubt the faceless man would want to switch places with ned as there is really no point dying for someone you barely even know.

Its possible it could be syrio.. Buh the faceless man wasnt impressed bout syrios tactics on teaching swordsmanship with wooden swords, when Arya told him bout her dancing teacher.

The faceless man could be someone from the past that they thought died, buh was rescued by the faceless god, and who had to remain faceless till the time was ryt for him to reveal himself.

I feel pained that karl drogo died though. That guy was a beast...
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by ImaIma1(f): 10:05pm On Jul 30, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Lol... So I guess your status is about to change.
But marriage doesn't change one's state of origin though!!
Or I'm missing something or getting it all wrong

Naaah..just playing with u
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 30, 2017
Worksunlimited:

ned stark wey stubborn pass anything.. Doubt the faceless man would want to switch places with ned as there is really no point dying for someone you barely even know.

Its possible it could be syrio.. Buh the faceless man wasnt impressed bout syrios tactics on teaching swordsmanship with wooden swords, when Arya told him bout her dancing teacher.

The faceless man could be someone from the past that they thought died, buh was rescued by the faceless god, and who had to remain faceless till the time was ryt for him to reveal himself.

I feel pained that karl drogo died though. That guy was a beast...

i can't but agree with you sha,i doubt ned could be the faceless man and do nothing while his fam is being slaughtered.
ned was(is) too honorable and so is all the stark boys(thats why 80% of them have lost their lives. jon have been really lucky but he is kinda stupid making decisions, na only the stark girls get balls especially that arya.
anyway the faceless man could just be anybody or nobody ( since hbo is too unpredictable)

and btw have you heard about the episode 6 of this season that got leaked?
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Worksunlimited: 10:15pm On Jul 30, 2017
numerouno01:

i can't but agree with you sha,i doubt ned could be the faceless man and do nothing while his fam is being slaughtered.
ned was(is) too honorable and so is all the stark boys(thats why 80% of them have lost their lives. jon have been really lucky but he is kinda stupid making decisions, na only the stark girls get balls especially that arya.
anyway the faceless man could just be anybody or nobody ( since hbo is too unpredictable)

and btw have you heard about the episode 6 of this season that got leaked?

Very True.. Its synonymous to this life we live, been totally honourable doesnt pay, at times a man has to play the game as it should be played and not try to change how the game is played. If it ain't broke, no point fixing it.

Mehn! Arya babe has lost feelings, saw it in her eyes and countenance when she was talking to that fat dude in last weeks episode.. Jon snow is her weakness though...

I sight that mighty wolf creature would come along with Arya to winterfell in the end, and she would come alongside an army of darewolves as wel,l just in case (once beaten twice shy).

For real? Me no hear bout am o... Guess people no fit wait at all.. Any link don show yet?
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
Worksunlimited:

Very True.. Its synonymous to this life we live, been totally honourable doesnt pay, at times a man has to play the game as it should be played and not try to change how the game is played. If it ain't broke, no point fixing it.

Mehn! Arya babe has lost feelings, saw it in her eyes and countenance when she was talking to that fat dude in last weeks episode.. Jon snow is her weakness though...

I sight that mighty wolf creature would come along with Arya to winterfell in the end, and she would come alongside an army of darewolves as wel,l just in case (once beaten twice shy).

For real? Me no hear bout am o... Guess people no fit wait at all.. Any link don show yet?
even sansa is now heartless, i can't blame her sha( after getting fvcked by ramsey grin).
yep that arya's direwolf and her pack would probably help to defeat the whitewalkers i guess.

speaking of the leaked episode 6. na one bros lik that for YouTube claim say he don see am.
and truth be told the things he said is highly possible.

he said jon snow, the hound, robert baratheon's bastard and some men were fighting with the white walkers before dany came with her dragon to rescue them, while they were getting away the night king(white walker king) spear down one of the dragons(visirion) he later animated the dead dragon(if this is true i think this is where ice dragon will come from).
dany was falling in love with jon snow and stuff, ser jorah mormoth was jealous.

no videos sha he only narrated ( mehn as he dy narrate na so adrenaline dy rush for my body)

the same YouTube guy even said he's already seen episode 3 and guess what, lady fvcking tyrell died(damn)
jon met dany and refuse to 'bend the knee'

tomorrow i guess i will find out if that guy was right and the real deal.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Adek15(m): 10:43pm On Jul 30, 2017
Just checking something out
[URL=http:///1ndnLF]continue[/URL]
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by macof(m): 12:13am On Jul 31, 2017
Tomide12:
Away from the hustle and away from life’s worries. We tend to ease stress by entertaining ourselves. When you are deeply amused by Tonto Dike’s marriage theatrics, you may forget that the person sitting beside you has body odour. Movies and series are one guilty pleasure for those who indulge. They spend late nights or weekends to ensure they catch up with their beloved shows.

So just because we love TV and movies too and we enjoy trolling the people that share this our guilty pleasure, let's kuku run through the top 5 TV series that we Nigerians love to overhype. Starting for the king of them:

1. Game of Thrones

We know anything other than profound praise is taken as sacrilege when it comes to Game of Thrones. So before you come for my head, hear me out first.

Game of thrones recently dominated the screens and social media. Nigerians are downloading pirated copies and sharing with their friends. Everyone is talking about winter. Winter is coming they say. First of all, the rave was about the Lannisters, then Jon snow and now Arya Stark or is it Tyrion the dwarf. Ah, let us not forget about Daenerys mother of dragons. After crying about the loss of one character, we always find a way to latch onto another. It is not surprising therefore that for the past two weeks, almost everyone is talking about the 7th season of GOT. Banners, graphics, and even memes are trolling the internet. It got so bad that even haters took to twitter to boast on how they had not watched a single episode. But abeg who that one epp? What is it about GOT that is making people stay so faithful?

2. How To Get Away With Murder

People who did not know about the wonder of Viola Davis got to know about her in HTGWM. She embraced the character Annalise keating so well that it got her an EMMY award. We do not know why Nigerians love this series. But we suspect it is because we are fascinated with getting away with crime legally. Annalise is smart and the way she works with her ambitious students makes the thrill top notch. The suspense here is over the bar and is definitely not for the faint heart. If you are in trouble with the law, you know who to call.

3. Suits

This is another series revolving around law and its legalities. Harvey Specter is a brilliant lawyer and when in need of an associate he hires Mike Ross. Mike, however, is a college dropout but this doesn’t deter him from being smart and witty. We follow them both as they turn from friends to allies and sometimes dangle on a thin thread of betrayal. The series is not only entertaining but also educative. If you are a fan of suits please let us know. What is fascinating about white dudes wearing suits and plotting how to outwit each other?

4. Scandal

Olivia Pope thrives on scandals. From being the President’s media consultant to having her own crisis management firm. She seems to know how to clean up other peoples lives except hers. Her clients have histories and secrets that must be taken care of and so does she and her staff. Again, we can see that Nigerian want to know how to get away with anything. It is a pity that we may not be able to have our own Olivia Pope unless your baba in the village is strong.

5. Power

This series shows that it is only a ghost that can run the underground business and be good at it. It is, however, a pity that Nigerian ghosts are only good at finding their soul mate or looking sideways to cross the road. James St. Patrick the Ghost has a successful nightclub but what you may not know is that he also runs another operation: a drug empire that serves only the rich and influential. You see Nigerians we too like bad things. We may have had our own ghost in Evans but we are happy that his identity has been revealed.

Nigerians like a good story, we like power and danger. We love the thrills that come with being smart and witty. And yes we overhype what we love. Well, I am in my house watching “Nkoli Nwa Nsukka”, you cannot get to me.

http://dala.xyz/2017/07/5-overhyped-series-by-nigerians.html

for more of this kind of articles, www.dala.xyz

Game of thrones the series is a blessing to TV

The book series and the entire story of the game of thrones world is a blessing to literature
George R.R. Martin is a genius
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Keballl: 12:32am On Jul 31, 2017
safarigirl:
It's only Scandal and HTGAWM that i watch fanatically on this list.

I have never watched GoT, may never watch it. I don't watch anything without a black lead in the cast, white characters are nauseating

Shame on you racist. Nonsense !!
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by safarigirl(f): 12:50am On Jul 31, 2017
Keballl:

Shame on you racist. Nonsense !!
thank you grin
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by VickyRotex(f): 4:01am On Jul 31, 2017
piagetskinner:

lol abi...yours is truly one of a kind..6 months! chai..

wishing u the very best as u watch ur TV series in disjointed fragments.. I guess you're a very busy person... or u prefer reading books than straining ur eyes on the screen.

enjoy the rest of ur day yea?

lol.Abi. Thank you! cheesy
Yea, actually busy, plus I'm a mixture of both. There are times when I prefer to read certain books, and there are times when I'd prefer to just watch it. But reading does it faster for me, than watching. Besides, I can always read on the move.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by VickyRotex(f): 4:14am On Jul 31, 2017
JhyMedex:

grin.. dts fair enough... u jst myt have a change of Hrt if u give GOT a chance..
Bt I suppose A gal Wants Wat a gal wants...grin

lol. cheesy I doubt it. Exactement!
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by jmaxjohn(m): 8:29am On Jul 31, 2017
If you love chess, you're a strategist, you'll surely love game of thrones.
Season 7 is blowing my mind!

The way cersei (black chessboard queen) casterly rock (castle piece number 2) to knock down the queen of roses and gold (unprotected pawn) amazes me.
The game is evolving fast, but winter is here (a foreign piece)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tacha Looking So Dark In Throwback Photos Before She Became Slay Queen / BBNaija: She Is A Walking Time Bomb - Jackye On Tacha's Disqualification / Throwback Photo Of Bisola As A Bus Conductor In A Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.