Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,264 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) (45011 Views)

Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" / Dambe: A Game Of Relaxation For The Northerners In Obalende - Photos / Reactions As Anambra Begins Demolition Of 'Shanties' In Onitsha (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by CastedDude: 4:55am On Jul 30, 2017
The Lagos State government has commenced the demolition of illegal structure and shanties around the Obalende area of the state. A task force team that stormed the area in the early hours of Saturday said prior warnings including a 48-hour notice had been issued to the occupants.

Some occupants, however, claimed that the notice was too short.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/07/lagos-government-demolishes-shanties-in-obalende.html

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by CastedDude: 4:55am On Jul 30, 2017

1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by sarrki(m): 5:05am On Jul 30, 2017
In as much as I support new Lagos

I will advice the Lagos state government to look for lands along ikorodu and build estates so that when you clean up the shanties there will be immediate cushion.

I may be right or wrong

All I know is Eko onibaje

179 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by leksmedia: 5:06am On Jul 30, 2017
Wow , its just quite unfortunate that when a state is experiencing development, some people will have to bear the cost

For your website development visit www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370

81 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by Nobody: 5:09am On Jul 30, 2017
sarrki:

I will advice the Lagos state government to look for lands along ikorodu and build estates so that when you clean up the shanties there will be immediate cushion.

I may be right or wrong

You didn't say the same when Igbo-dominated shops were raced down? Shouldn't they also get cushion Mr. hypocritical Afonja?

119 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by Jabioro: 5:12am On Jul 30, 2017
No pains no gains.. but there must be palliative measures for them.. the time is too short for them to be relocated

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by whitebeard(m): 5:13am On Jul 30, 2017
48hrs...u expect them to build new house or get a new one within 48hrs....!!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by NOC1(m): 5:14am On Jul 30, 2017
If the state flood all you will be shouting useless government, when they are trying to cleanup the mess that lead to the flood you guys are now critising Him. You can't please man.
Most of those shanties where build ontop of drainages there by blocking runoffs...

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by Nobody: 5:20am On Jul 30, 2017
Eeiya
Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by Atiku2019: 5:23am On Jul 30, 2017
sarrki:

I may be right or wrong

Give Lands or financial compensation to occupants of illegal structures? Tho It Saddening seeing people live in such conditions cry

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by sarrki(m): 5:25am On Jul 30, 2017
Atiku2019:

Give Lands or financial compensation to occupants of illegal structures?

Most of the illegal became illegal due to the land act

Some of them have live over 30years in that place

We are in democracy is all about the people

Relocating them will help stop another shanties in future

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by Freemancipation: 5:26am On Jul 30, 2017
The same areas ambode got his votes during election. Where are they going to live? Lagos should brace itself for a bigger wave of homeless people roaming on the streets.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by sarrki(m): 5:27am On Jul 30, 2017
drake2000x:

You didn't say the same when Igbo-dominated shops were raced down? Shouldn't they also get cushion Mr. hypocritical Afonja?

Most of the people in obalende shanties are same people

Having said that

In as much Lagos Caters for its Citizens
There should be boundaries

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by nextprince: 5:30am On Jul 30, 2017
Bloody destroy those nonsense, especially those 2 x 2 shops littering everywhere.

They are not indicators of any yeye economic growth, rather, they are more of hideouts for some illicit activities, especially that obalende.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by sarrki(m): 5:36am On Jul 30, 2017
Freemancipation:
The same areas ambode got his votes during election. Where are they going to live? Lagos should brace itself for a bigger wave of homeless people roaming on the streets.

No sire

Rather their States of origin should start building idps for their refugees

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by OriflameNIG: 5:37am On Jul 30, 2017
There are lots of shanties built on drainages , these people know that such places are illegal . anyone living in such places should know that it will be demolished in future .

16 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by ukeme200(m): 5:48am On Jul 30, 2017
It is well, that's all I can say
Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by BabaRamota1980: 5:52am On Jul 30, 2017
drake2000x:

Dont worry, Kanu has a cushion for those ones back in Biafra.

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by nerodenero: 6:18am On Jul 30, 2017
The task of a better Lagos is a task that must be done.

Development comes with huge price and at the end, we are all better for it.

Modified:
The thread has been derailed. Our common enemies are known. We should not divide ourselves any further. Our enemies are filled with joy reading all these hatred being spewed.

Every states and countries have shanties. They are meant to be destroyed at some point to give way for development, so what is the unnecessarily hatred for? We need to embrace peace asap.

17 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by raker300: 6:19am On Jul 30, 2017
I thought they are the richest in nigeria?

So they live in shanties still?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by emerged01(m): 6:19am On Jul 30, 2017
leksmedia:
Wow , its just quite unfortunate that when a state is experiencing development, some people will have to bear the cost
Especially,people living/doing business in illegal places. Still can blame them,I will blame govt because no one would want to live or do business in an illegal place if there is adequate infrastructure.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by Baddest69(m): 6:20am On Jul 30, 2017
sarrki:

No sire

Rather their States of origin should start building idps for their refugees
bro am sorry saying this but can you for once state your certainty without being phony?

Common we are all human being
Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 30, 2017
Long over due.demolish them all.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by dingbang(m): 6:32am On Jul 30, 2017
NOC1:
If the state flood all you will be shouting useless government, when they are trying to cleanup the mess that lead to the flood you guys are now critising Him. You can't please man.
Most of those shanties where build ontop of drainages there by blocking runoffs...
I just weak for you bro
Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by Warship: 6:33am On Jul 30, 2017
Many Yorubas who claim to be Lagosians will now know the road to their villages

Never abandon your villages undeveloped because there is no place like home in times like this

I hope my Igbo people can learn from these people ordeal.

Let us not leave the East undeveloped because if they can do this to their fellow Yorubas they will do much worst to us.

Don't forget to develop your ancestral land no matter where you travel to

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by dingbang(m): 6:34am On Jul 30, 2017
The rich and poor also cry.
Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by dingbang(m): 6:34am On Jul 30, 2017
Warship:
Many Yorubas who claim to be Lagosians will now know the road to their villages

Never abandon your villages undeveloped because there is no place like home in times like this
this is the truth

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by adextetoo(m): 6:45am On Jul 30, 2017
How can you give just 48hours ultimatum? Is this a military regime? Where did you provide as substitute for those people affected? Ambode come and answer my questions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by omenka(m): 6:47am On Jul 30, 2017
drake2000x:

For the love of Christ! angry

Why are you people this disgusting? What has this thread got to do with Igbos? Why does he have to feel sorry for you people? Doesn't one have the right to love who they wanna love and not love who they don't want to anymore? What makes you think one MUST sympathise with you when you are visited with some misfortune?

When the said shops were demolished, were igbos the only ones affected? Why should he single igbos out to sympathise with?

Haven't you realised the inviolable law of nature that "whatever you sow, you shall reap" applies to you people as well? You wake up everyday and openly wish someone's dad, husband, brother, uncle, and president dead simply because you HATE him, then turn around hoping folks would love you?

Your attitude is utterly reprehensible. Deal with your issues like a man and stop hoping around looking for sympathisers like sissies.

104 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by nabiz(m): 6:49am On Jul 30, 2017
Nigerian government, always making her citizen cry.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:49am On Jul 30, 2017
drake2000x:

Oga isn't it too early for this?

22 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos State Govt Releases Blue Line Rail Price Structure / Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group / Buhari Appoints Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.