Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

=N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) (1991 Views)

Wanna Go To Ghana To Hustle, What Do U Guys Think Abt It / 2010 World Cup Holiday Deal In South Africa / 2010 World Cup Holiday Deal In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

=N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by ademark1: 1:38pm On Feb 09, 2010
http://allafrica.com/stories/201002021148.html
I read the article above and it said " With Route two, Ecobank will provide the customer a seamless travel arrangement. This includes visas procurement, accommodation, feeding and logistics to watch live matches in South Africa. The customer is expected to simply save for the cost of travels at subsidized rates "

I contacted Ecobank customer service and was told  The cost of the total package is N650,000.

I INQUIRED FURTHER AND WAS GIVEN THE FOLLOWING ANSWERS IN THE TEXT HIGHLIGHTED UN RED

1. How many days stay in South Africa (for the package?): 13 days, 14 Nights
2. South Africa visa, how many months visa? 3 months, 6 months? Etc: The duration of the competition
3. What class of hotel am i staying?  2 star, 3 star or 5 star? Specific name of the hotel? We are partnering with a chain of hotels such as Don Suites and we shall be having 3 star, 4 star accommodations depending on the type of amount paid. The minimum is the 650,000 we feel most Nigerians can afford.
4. Does the fee include travel insurance? Any travel offers travel insurance
5. flight, what class? economy, business or first class? Specif name of the airline: Economy, S/A airways and chartered flights depending on when customer pays up the 650,000.
6. Does the fee include ground transportation from hotel to match venue? Yes it does
7. Don't you have like a cheaper package where i pay less than =N=650,000: This is still the most affordable we can get assuring Nigerians of superb customer service delivery,
9. When does Registration commence and close? : It closes May 14, 2010.
10. The article wrote "This includes visas procurement, accommodation, feeding and logistics to watch live matches in South Africa."
By feeding, you mean breakfast, lunch and dinner or just breakfast? : Like any standard hotel, bed and breakfast has been guaranteed while lunch and dinner will be paid by the traveler.  cry
11. Does the package also include a tour of other interesting places to visit in South Africa too apart from the World Cup venues? There will be tour of interesting places during the period.

What do u guys think? Good Package or a Rip off? I am willing to attend the World Cup live but would be glad if there are other reliable and Registered tour and travel partners that offer the same services but at a more cheaper fee  grin
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by FBS: 2:44pm On Feb 09, 2010
650k? Thats like $4500 . . . GBP2600  hmmm. . .I don't even know.

How many of the matches can you watch live or is it restricted to only Nigerias?
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 09, 2010
@poster
this post from ecobank is confusing, they clarify about everything BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. . . . . . . the football matches!
sorry but what does "logistics to watch live matches in South Africa" means?!
does this mean you will have entrance to certain matches or what? and if that is a yes then can you choose which one you can see? how many matches for that period? where? what about getting top tickets like quarters/semis and the hard to get FINALE ticket?
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by suxes2005(m): 6:51pm On Feb 09, 2010
I fink dis price is too much but considering d fact
dat u r gonna watch d whole match, maybe it
worth the stress u'l go thru b4 u buy tkts.

SHALOM
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by tkb417(m): 6:51pm On Feb 09, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
this post from ecobank is confusing, they clarify about everything BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. . . . . . . the football matches!
does this mean you will have entrance to certain matches or what? and if that is a yes then can you choose which one you can see? how many matches for that period? where? what about getting top tickets like quarters/semis and the hard to get FINALE ticket?

good question
abeg who wants to clarify o cos i have seen a cheaper alternative o
where is the OP?
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by ademark1: 11:45pm On Feb 09, 2010
tkb417:

good question
abeg who wants to clarify o cos i have seen a cheaper alternative o
where is the OP?

I have sent a message to Ecobank to clarify this. have not had any replies yet.
You said you had seen a cheaper alternative, please state clearly the fee, the duration, the tour and travel agent on this thread ?
Thanks
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by igbogolo: 2:39am On Feb 10, 2010
@ poster

Abegi, go load your DSTV, get plenty fuel for your generator, get some cartons of beer and roasted chicken, siddon for your house with your neighbors and watch the match on your plasma TV!
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by suxes2005(m): 9:05am On Feb 10, 2010
well said igbogolo

i doubt if he will spend dat money doin such

SHALOM
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by tkb417(m): 2:41pm On Feb 10, 2010
ade_mark:

I have sent a message to Ecobank to clarify this. have not had any replies yet.
You said you had seen a cheaper alternative, please state clearly the fee, the duration, the tour and travel agent on this thread ?
Thanks
ok, ill wait for clarifications if u get any from ecobank

i also belong to a business forum where only sports are discussed via our emails. One of our guys in SA sent the package to the group
I'll dig up the email later and copy and paste here

cheers
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by ademark1: 2:50pm On Feb 10, 2010
tkb417:

ok, ill wait for clarifications if u get any from ecobank

i also belong to a business forum where only sports are discussed via our emails. One of our guys in SA sent the package to the group
I'll dig up the email later and copy and paste here

cheers

No reply yet from Ecobank, It seems they are evading the question.
Please i will prefer you just paste all the details here, like fees, accommodation, feeding, duration, etc like I did in my first post so that we can all discuss it rather than an email address, Thanks
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by tkb417(m): 2:59pm On Feb 10, 2010
ade_mark:

No reply yet from Ecobank, It seems they are evading the question.
Please i will prefer you just paste all the details here, like fees, accommodation, feeding, duration, etc like I did in my first post so that we can all discuss it rather than an email address, Thanks
no, im not postin email address

ill post the email detailing all you asked about

It was a mail sent to everybody on the list

ill search and post later

thanks
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by ademark1: 3:36pm On Feb 10, 2010
tkb417:

thanks

my mistake, Expecting the details smiley
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by ademark1: 3:00pm On Feb 18, 2010
tkb417:

thanks

it has been 8 days since you said you will post it and still nothing from you
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by FBS: 3:08pm On Feb 18, 2010
tkb417, how far?
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by ademark1: 3:11pm On Feb 18, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@poster

Ecobank has replied  cool
The package includes just the  First round matches that involves Nigeria. So with that package you will be entitled  to watch the the following matches  live.

GROUP B

12/06/2010  16:00 Johannesburg - JEP ( ellis park)         Argentina vs   Nigeria

17/06/2010  16:00 Mangaung / Bloemfontein (free state)      Greece   vs   Nigeria

22/06/2010  20:30 Durban Nigeria vs Korea Republic

Ecobank said other arrangements can be made for other matches like quarter-finals, semi-finals, finals at additional cost
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by suxes2005(m): 10:28pm On Feb 18, 2010
but does it worth dat amount?

SHALOM
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by ademark1: 11:35pm On Feb 18, 2010
suxes2005:

but does it worth dat amount?

SHALOM

Must you reply on every single thread on the TRAVEL SECTION?? 
the same post you posted now haven't you written that before on this thread?

Please unless you something to contribute or something new to add , don't keep on repeating your self and same goes for your other posts too, [b]REPLY ONLY WHEN U HAVE SOMETHING POSITIVE TO SA[/b]Y  cool
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by niceguy10: 1:36am On Feb 19, 2010
Ade mark, what is your problem? Na you get Nairaland?
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by ademark1: 8:07am On Feb 19, 2010
nice-guy10:

Ade mark, what is your problem? Na you get Nairaland?

I have no problem, but the truth as to be told.

suxes2005 has been repetitive and he has replied on almost every single travel thread on the travel section recently without really making any contribution, it is like he is trying to win highest post contest

Anyway back to main topic
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by suxes2005(m): 10:03am On Feb 19, 2010
ade-mark i can see u av a problem realy.
I said does dat amount worth it at all?

If u av somfin +ve den say it and leave me
alone. Moreover wat av i got to do with
highest post? Dem wan pay me abi wetin self?

SHALOM
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by noblegas2(m): 11:00am On Feb 19, 2010
OMG!!! are u ishing me abt $4500 for dat package I will NOT!!! even if am swimming in money, Nigerians dont have solid arrangement, its just a way of exploilting peeps!!
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by suxes2005(m): 11:08am On Feb 19, 2010
noble_gas1:

OMG!!! are u ishing me abt $4500 for dat package I will NOT!!! even if am swimming in money, Nigerians dont have solid arrangement, its just a way of exploilting peeps!!

I 1nda oooo
Wat is d big deal in travelin
with ecobank self?

I'm sure dia arrangement cant be
dat solid so even if i need to go to S.A
den I'l do dat myself. But for d tkt to d stadium
den u can contact sports shop outlets to get urs

SHALOM
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by noblegas2(m): 11:26am On Feb 19, 2010
suxes2005:

I 1nda oooo
Wat is d big deal in travelin
with ecobank self?

I'm sure dia arrangement cant be
dat solid so [size=20pt]even if i need to go to S.A
den I'l do dat myself
[/size]. But for d tkt to d stadium
den u can contact sports shop outlets to get urs

SHALOM

Exactly my point!!!
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by suxes2005(m): 11:34am On Feb 19, 2010
Sure my bro,

Get hotel reservation,
cover letter from my office
write short note myself on what
I'm goin dia for and i bet it my
3 months visa will be granted with a
gud statement of account

SHALOM
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by ademark1: 11:37am On Feb 19, 2010
suxes2005:

ade-mark i can see u av a problem realy.
I said does dat amount worth it at all?

If u av somfin +ve den say it and leave me
alone. Moreover wat av i got to do with
highest post? Dem wan pay me abi wetin self?

SHALOM

No suxes2005, YOU ARE THE ONE WITH BIG PROBLEMS
Unless with your numerous dumb posts on every single thread is giving you memory loss then take a look at your posts and tell if you have not said that same thing before?
No the point is that if you have nothing positive to contribute then SHUT UP!
You don't have to keep replying every thread especially when u really have nothing to Contribute, Unless you are just too jobless and your fingers are always itchy even though you really have nothing to say
So unless you are fighting for MR HIGHEST POST, think before u make replies

suxes2005:

Sure my bro,

Get hotel reservation,
cover letter from my office
write short note myself on what
I'm goin dia for and i bet it my
3 months visa will be granted with a
gud statement of account

SHALOM

Like the fake statement of account you provided to the U.S.A embassy and was refused?  
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by noblegas2(m): 11:44am On Feb 19, 2010
ade_mark:

Unless with your numerous dumb posts on every single thread is giving you memory loss then take a look at your posts and tell if you have not said that same thing before?
You don't have to keep replying every thread especially when u really have nothing to Contribute, Unless you are just too jobless and your fingers are always itchy even though you really have nothing to say

Like the fake statement of account you provided to the U.S.A embassy and was refused?  

@ ade_mark, Plz for God sake, do u really need all these why not just squash it, it isnt worth it, just let it go!!!!
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by ademark1: 1:40pm On Feb 19, 2010
@noble_gas1
the issue is dropped.
Please let's get back to Topic
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by suxes2005(m): 9:00pm On Feb 19, 2010
ade_mark:

As far as i am concerned, no one ever started a topic and i contribute
to that the person will tell me to shut up or say iam sayin somfin bad and
wat av u got to do with the highest post of a fing?

I can see you are a crazy asshole lookin for whom to insult and i aint in
d category of such pple.

As 4 d usa thing, i lyk myself cos i wnt deceive myself and say i am d
best whereas i av some probs under me.
open your crazy eyes very well and go read dat post very well,  ok
You silly fing.

U berra try and face your own palava if u dnt want
God's thunder to fall on your head.
Mad goat, go get somgin gud and read very well

ASSHOLE
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by niceguy10: 9:34pm On Feb 19, 2010
Guy take it easy, this is not a war zone.
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by suxes2005(m): 10:40pm On Feb 19, 2010
nice-guy

d guy is a bunch of shit.
Why shud he just pick on me
without writin against him.

For God's sake dis is a public forum and
we all av freedom to write anyfing.

SHALOM
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by ademark1: 11:04pm On Feb 19, 2010
suxes2005:

As far as i am concerned, no one ever started a topic and i contribute
to that the person will tell me to shut up or say iam sayin somfin bad and
wat av u got to do with the highest post of a fing?

I can see you are a crazy asshole lookin for whom to insult and i aint in
d category of such pple.

As 4 d usa thing, i lyk myself cos i wnt deceive myself and say i am d
best whereas i av some probs under me.
open your crazy eyes very well and go read dat post very well,  ok
You silly fing.

U berra try and face your own palava if u dnt want
God's thunder to fall on your head.
Mad goat, go get somgin gud and read very well

ASSHOLE

Hey listen you dumb FOOL,
As far as I am concerned most of your posts have been dumb, silly and clearly shows your STUPIDITY
you reply to every single THREAD on the travel section, but your posts make no sense,  practically you contribute nothing , you just spam ever single travel thread with your DUMB REPLIES

I see that you are a very confused person because from your post you don't even know where you want to travel to, It is either u want to go to USA, and someone will make a post about north Cyprus and you will ask how u can go there, then someone will talk about Canada and you will still ask , EVEN IF SOME TALKS ABOUT IRAN,  u will ask if u can hustle there  
As for the USA thing, u fraud head used a fake bank statement u fool and u probably couldn't defend it and was DENIED flat, didn't it never occur to you that you were the only one that was denied amongst the nairaland members that were preparing for USA student interviews? Cos you are dumbest and the U.S Consulate could see that coupled with your fake statement.  tongue

So go and solve your confused brain and make up your mind which specific country you want to travel to and next time abeg use real documents, IF YOU NO GET MONEY, WAIT TILL U GET MONEY BEFORE YOU TRAVEL, TRAVEL NO BE BY FORCE  grin

God don already thunder your coconut HEAD, that is why your Coconut blockhead was denied a USA visa  grin
DUMB PIG
let me end this with your hypocritical signature, SHALOM  cool
Re: =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) by niceguy10: 12:13am On Feb 20, 2010
O boy this one too much oo, na really war zone and as a matter of fact i de have fun,

(1) (2) (Reply)

German Student Visa Procedure / I Need Info On Kuwait And Quatar / Living In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.