Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? (17776 Views)

Coronavirus: US Consulate In Nigeria Cancels All Visa Applications / US: Why We Rejected 44.9% Of Nigerian Nonimmigrant B Visa Applications In 2017 / Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 30, 2017
I recently secured a Nigerian visa and I was led to apply through one INNOVATE 1 SERVICES who ended up taking $20 as a processing fee after paying $160 visa fees. At the end of the day, I still paid another $30 processing fee to Nigeria embassy Washington. I'm not much worried about the fees but why establish and fund Nigeria immigration services when they can't take care of their business such as this? I've never heard or seen this practice done in other countries. I don't even want to talk about the shabby Nigeria visa with no passport photograph included, no visa interview, unlike other countries who grill intending travelers at interviews.

Any immigration officer here to clarify these?

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by Kingslaw(m): 9:48am On Jul 30, 2017
Thank God someone just noticed. I thought nobody cares!

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by holatin(m): 12:58pm On Jul 30, 2017
let me ask those I know wey don go yonda

1 Like

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by owaeghianye(m): 1:00pm On Jul 30, 2017
ok
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by segunn20(m): 1:00pm On Jul 30, 2017
Naija i hail ooooo
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by FagsamPHP(m): 1:00pm On Jul 30, 2017
Nigeria na country? Nigeria is just an Animal Kingdom

20 Likes

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by sotall(m): 1:00pm On Jul 30, 2017
OK
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by Omotaday(m): 1:00pm On Jul 30, 2017
i don't have an idea.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by OkoYibo: 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
Because man must eat.

The irony is that these consultants would employ nationals of other countries to carry out Nigeria's consular duties.

I'm actually not surprised. There was a time that Nigeria's President was guarded by Israelis.

13 Likes

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by VickyRotex(f): 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
Anyborryy can enter Naija ni embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by nicegal76(f): 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
mosegifted:
HOW TO CROSS ROAD NOW IN NAIJA Look left and right for motor, keke and bike. Look up for Niger Delta Avenger's Missiles. Look down for bombs Look back for kidnappers Hold your bag tight and watch the person beside you. Then walk zig zag to avoid stray bullet. OK bye! But this is a serious issue......

grin grin

(VIP)
very funny,,but the truth

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by Delightbaby(f): 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
Nigeria can never do anything good like other countries. Everything in this country is just different from it's conterpact.

12 Likes

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by coolk(m): 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
undecided
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
Biafra must fail stupid people
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by Olutola88(m): 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2017
I don't really understand this gist, I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by dakeskese(m): 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2017

Na person wey chop belleful dey find visa...
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by apesinola001: 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2017
I've been wondering that scenario since.
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by free2ryhme: 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2017
Becos they are bunch of thieves. The contractor belongs to one of the top brass in the Immigration service

18 Likes

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by adeoba2008(m): 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2017
Why are we like this Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by nicegal76(f): 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2017
Why do banks connect ropes to their pens? We trust them with our Money yet they can't trust us with common pen�
Say no to banks and bring ur money lemme keep for y'all. My pens is take away����

24 Likes

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by banmee(m): 1:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
SirJeffry:
I recently secured a Nigerian visa and I was led to apply through one INNOVATE 1 SERVICES who ended up taking $20 as a processing fee after paying $160 visa fees. At the end of the day, I still paid another $30 processing fee to Nigeria embassy Washington. I'm not much worried about the fees but why establish and fund Nigeria immigration services when they can't take care of their business such as this? I've never heard or seen this practice done in other countries. I don't even want to talk about the shabby Nigeria visa with no passport photograph included, no visa interview, unlike other countries who grill intending travelers at interviews.

Any immigration officer here to clarify these?

It is the way Nigerians are built. Corruption rules their lives. I went to the Nigerian embassy in Berlin once and i swore never to set foot in another Nigerian embassy till the day i die. The staff were rude and did not give a phuck about Nigerians trying to do business there. Plus, they were glaringly collecting bribe to expedite whatever you wanted to do. The worst thing was, they were selling food inside offices while conducting business. Can you imagine? One official was eating rice and beans while asking questions? That country is living on borrowed time.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by nicegal76(f): 1:05pm On Jul 30, 2017
IpobExposed:
Biafra must fail stupid people
are you okay at all? What has Biafra got to do with this?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by MadCow1: 1:05pm On Jul 30, 2017
The answer is simple. CORRUPTION.

Those Agencies are all owned by top serving and retired Nigerian Immigrations Personnel.

Every application or permit you need from the Nigerian Immigrations requires a Contractor if not you are on a long thing.

7 Likes

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 30, 2017
OP, I'm so sorry my dear.

I believe the last time you visited this Zone called Nigeria, it was still a country then but now, it's no longer a country.

It's now a ZOO

13 Likes

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by gabonsky: 1:05pm On Jul 30, 2017
INNOVATIVE SOURCE 1 is a company platforms hat collect fees on behalf of Nigeria Immigration Service aboard. they harmonized this initiative to monitor and trace visa fees collectively

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by slysteel: 1:07pm On Jul 30, 2017
Nigeria is not alone on that,the UK,Australia,Ireland and a whole lot of embassies use contractors,most of these countries i mentioned use a contractor known as vfs global to process visas and applicants are made to pay money to vfs even in Nigeria,you can outsource if the number of visa applicants are much higher than what the few staffs you have at your embassy can handle.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by Nackzy: 1:07pm On Jul 30, 2017
Its because of Corruption...they don't believe in themselves.......its only Political Corruption that our London based Nigerian President can Fight...he won't go n first corruption in Police, Navy,army,sea port,Civil Service, Schools, etc...Vegetable like him

1 Like

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by overall90: 1:08pm On Jul 30, 2017
This is because Nigeria is not a country in the real sense of it.
@ op was at least issued with something, go to the land borders and see what is going on. Anybody can stroll in and out of the country.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by emmymdk: 1:08pm On Jul 30, 2017
please am just coming back from church, dont bring up this God forsaken country's affair..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Die In Jos Multiple Vehicle-crash (pictures) / Car Collides With Truck On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photos) / COVID-19: 160 Nigerians Return From USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.