Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,776 members, 7,798,592 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? (17766 Views)

Coronavirus: US Consulate In Nigeria Cancels All Visa Applications / US: Why We Rejected 44.9% Of Nigerian Nonimmigrant B Visa Applications In 2017 / Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by face76(m): 1:08pm On Jul 30, 2017
This practice is not applicable to Nigeria alone. VFS is a global visa processing company that handles visa for various embassies. I don't think its wrong for Nigeria to use contractors

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 30, 2017
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by LoveJesus87(m): 1:08pm On Jul 30, 2017
banmee:

It is the way Nigerians are built. Corruption rules their lives. I went to the Nigerian embassy in Berlin once and i swore never to set foot in another Nigerian embassy till the day i die. The staff were rude and did not give a phuck about Nigerians trying to do business there. Plus, they were glaringly collecting bribe to expedite whatever you wanted to do. The worst thing was, they were selling food inside offices while conducting business. Can you imagine? One official was eating rice and beans while asking questions? That country is living on borrowed time.
You don't mean it? shocked
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by gabonsky: 1:09pm On Jul 30, 2017
Chascop:
OP, I'm so sorry my dear.

I believe the last time you visited this Zone called Nigeria, it was still a country then but now, it's no longer a country.

It's now a ZOO

i totally disagree with you because you are still living in the Zoo Country, Nigeria Visa is very difficult to get too and you can make your research on that before lamenting....

1 Like

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by jayraster(m): 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2017
FagsamPHP:
Nigeria na country? Nigeria is just an Animal Kingdom
full of penguins of madagascar
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by megamank(m): 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2017
to create loop holes for stealing and also riping u off some amount of your hard earn income.....MAN WICKEDNESS HAS BEEN THERE SINCE THE TIME OF CAIN AND ABEL
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by banmee(m): 1:11pm On Jul 30, 2017
LoveJesus87:
You don't mean it? shocked

Don't take my word for it. Just go and see it for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 30, 2017
gabonsky:

i totally disagree with you because you are still living in the Zoo Country, Nigeria Visa is very difficult to get too and you can make your research on that before lamenting....

OK Sir.

in your voice now; "The Land is green, is green"
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by napoleon77(m): 1:11pm On Jul 30, 2017
It's all about efficiency and it's not restricted to the Nigeria Immigration Service. If a private sector organisation can perform a service better then government then it's best to outsource the service. VFS Global handle visa applications for the UK and many other countries

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by Jasomine: 1:12pm On Jul 30, 2017
Nigeria we hail (hate) thee
Our own dear native land
Chai!
What am I saying ..
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by bayocanny: 1:13pm On Jul 30, 2017
nicegal76:
Why do banks connect ropes to their pens? We trust them with our Money yet they can't trust us with common pen�
Say no to banks and bring ur money lemme keep for y'all. My pens is take away����
Funny u lol.
How often do you exercise?
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by bigx(m): 1:13pm On Jul 30, 2017
Probably because UK and the rest use VFS

1 Like

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by saintandsinnerz: 1:14pm On Jul 30, 2017
Delightbaby:
Nigeria can never do anything good like other countries. Everything in this country is just different from it's conterpact counterpart.
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by GR8ST(m): 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2017
Because we have to get a share ( physical cash) from whatsoever we were... That's it
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by igniteconsults: 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
SirJeffry:
I recently secured a Nigerian visa and I was led to apply through one INNOVATE 1 SERVICES who ended up taking $20 as a processing fee after paying $160 visa fees. At the end of the day, I still paid another $30 processing fee to Nigeria embassy Washington. I'm not much worried about the fees but why establish and fund Nigeria immigration services when they can't take care of their business such as this? I've never heard or seen this practice done in other countries. I don't even want to talk about the shabby Nigeria visa with no passport photograph included, no visa interview, unlike other countries who grill intending travelers at interviews.

Any immigration officer here to clarify these?

I don't think it's a Nigerian immigration problem only. Most Shengen countries and United Kingdom visa application in the U.K. Go through that same process. Try go to China embassy on Massachusetts Avenue in DC and you'll be there for 4-5hrs before been called.

I think getting the visa through the agencies will help augment the inefficiency on the side of the consular. In between check the passport application process, and you'll see they're always late and crappy!

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by yhemster(m): 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
SirJeffry:
I recently secured a Nigerian visa and I was led to apply through one INNOVATE 1 SERVICES who ended up taking $20 as a processing fee after paying $160 visa fees. At the end of the day, I still paid another $30 processing fee to Nigeria embassy Washington. I'm not much worried about the fees but why establish and fund Nigeria immigration services when they can't take care of their business such as this? I've never heard or seen this practice done in other countries. I don't even want to talk about the shabby Nigeria visa with no passport photograph included, no visa interview, unlike other countries who grill intending travelers at interviews.

@OP, please next time do a proper research b4 making negative comment abt Nigeria.
**You claimed you've not heard of other countries that contract the visa application. Well, I ask you the simple question.... how many visa applications to other countries have you done? The simple truth is, lots of countries contract their visa/passport applications.
**You also claimed ur visa doesn't carry ur pic. I'll ask again how many visa applications to other countries have you done? Lots of countries issue visa without interview and applicant's pic.
I know lots of issues are wrong with our country, but don't use the excuse to criticise everything in the country.
God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by brodalikeme(m): 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
Op, you just beat me to this write up. Two week back, i had to pay for visa on arrival for some people we invited for a training and was shocked at what i saw at the immigration post in Abuja airport. A sign on the wall boldly pasted the visa fees but when you produce the said another, you will be asked to top with up with a minimum of $30 (a processing fee). I didn't see any logic in it because it was immigration guys that pasted the rate on the wall, they still collect a $30 from you and then issue you a receipt that is not carrying their name ( Nigeria Immigration Service). Another thing is that the processing fee is not even commensurate with the visa fee. Imagine someone paying $6 being asked to pay $30 processing fee.

ITS BROAD DAYLIGHT FRAUD AND ILLEGALITY!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by nevilbot: 1:21pm On Jul 30, 2017
Nigeria is not the only country that out source its visa application process like the op claims. I got a UK visa in Germany two weeks ago and the application biometrics and data caption process was also out sourced to a company called tl consult . there was also no interview process. Just submission of documents. And extra consultation fee was also charged by this company that excludes d visa fee.

China also outsource its visa application process in Germany to a consultant company based in Frankfurt. I can go on and on about other countries that does it so plz stop the mis information .

Visa to Kenya that a friend of mine got last month did not av his photo attached to it and it was straight from d Kenyan embassy in Germany.

You av obviously not applied to other countries for visa and you are already generalising. Get your facts right. Nigeria is not the only country that does what u outlined up dia

5 Likes

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by Authentic2000: 1:24pm On Jul 30, 2017
What are you saying?
Is UK not using contractor for visa application in Nigeria?
To make enquiry about your application either by phone call or emails; you have to pay with your dollar card.
Most people don't see anything good about Nigeria but if the same thing is done by the western world , it's regarded as a good practice.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by MrCork: 1:24pm On Jul 30, 2017
SirJeffry:

...white people don't take bribe... Nigerian do!!!(((no oofeense)) angry
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by elhafeez(m): 1:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
its normal. VHF global does thé same for many countries around the world. they Just collect the documents and thé Nigerian Embassy officials do the work.
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by papatopiredo(m): 1:28pm On Jul 30, 2017
[quote author=SirJeffry post=58969651]I recently secured a Nigerian visa and I was led to apply through one INNOVATE 1 SERVICES who ended up taking $20 as a processing fee after paying $160 visa fees. At the end of the day, I still paid another $30 processing fee to Nigeria embassy Washington. I'm not much worried about the fees but why establish and fund Nigeria immigration services when they can't take care of their business such as this? I've never heard or seen this practice done in other countries. I don't even want to talk about the shabby Nigeria visa with no passport photograph included, no visa interview, unlike other countries who grill intending travelers at interviews.

It is simply because Nigeria have kolu obey.
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 30, 2017
Zootropolis.
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by ddjay: 1:31pm On Jul 30, 2017
SirJeffry:

simple, very simple.dem no sabi use that technology, as most of them (infact almost 90%) were employed between the 80s/90s.some don't even know how to operate computers sef
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by IMASTEX: 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2017
mosegifted:
HOW TO CROSS ROAD NOW IN NAIJA Look left and right for motor, keke and bike. Look up for Niger Delta Avenger's Missiles. Look down for bombs Look back for kidnappers Hold your bag tight and watch the person beside you. Then walk zig zag to avoid stray bullet. OK bye! But this is a serious issue......

grin grin

(VIP)
Lol. . .With everything happening in Nigeria, I wonder if we can have anything that can ever work well.
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by bluecircle470: 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2017
SirJeffry:

Why does the UK embassy too hire a contractor here in Nigeria to handle its Visa application forms?
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by gantic: 1:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
SirJeffry:

Tons of countries started contracting their visa services over a decade ago (guess UK started with VFS in india). In Nigeria - UK, all EU countries, Canada, Australia, South Africa etc etc all use visa agencies.

Reading through the posts and seeing the number of comments berating Nigeria for doing this as an isolated evil finally convince me that online commenters in Nigeria are generally ignorant and criticise because "we should always criticise Nigeria" not because the chain of thot is logical.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by gantic: 1:40pm On Jul 30, 2017
SirJeffry:

Visa interview How many countries still do visa interviews. Even in Nigeria, generally regarded as a high risk nation, very few embassies require interviews for visa applications.
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by Moyinoluwa35(f): 1:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
nicegal76:
very funny,,but the truth
u are beautiful i swear,i almost formatted by brain cos of u grin
nicegal76:
very funny,,but the truth
u are beautiful i swear,i almost formatted by brain cos of u

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2017
IpobExposed:
Biafra must fail stupid people
retarded fool
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by claremont(m): 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2017
Outsourcing of visa applications is common practise for most countries worldwide, it's not restricted to Nigeria. In the case of Nigeria, it might also help to curb corruption in the sense that money isn't changing hands at the embassy. The money is paid directly to the outsourced partners and remitted to Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by Amoto94(m): 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
bluecircle470:

Why does the UK embassy too hire a contractor here in Nigeria to handle its Visa application forms?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Car Collides With Truck On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photos) / COVID-19: 160 Nigerians Return From USA / Two Die In Jos Multiple Vehicle-crash (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.