Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar (7903 Views)

Enyimba FC Dressing Room, Enyimba Stadium Aba (Photos) / Enyimba FC Train At Their Renovated Stadium After Two Years (photos) / Ganduje Attends Super Eagles Vs Kano Pillars Match, Donates To Over 1000 Clubs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by Ajibel(m): 9:28am On Jul 30, 2017
Two of the best sides in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) this past decade, Enyimba and Kano Pillars weigh in on each other on Sunday in a Match Day 32 encounter which promises not just a clash of former heavy weights but also the reunion of old team mates that have switched sides.

The two sides with symbolic aliases that aptly depict what they stand for have had a stranglehold on the domestic league in Nigeria since the turn of the millennium, leaving occasional spaces for other teams to have a taste of the league diadem.

Matches between both sides have also, always had a bearing on the eventual destination of the league trophy but despite Sunday’s game lacking such agenda, there would still be more to be contested for in the game than just a mere fight for the three points.

When the People’s Elephant – as Enyimba are called – file out at the chunky UJ Esuene Stadium, they will be hoping to continue their impregnable home record against Pillars who are yet to secure any away victory against Enyimba in the past twelve years, be it at the frenzied Enyimba Stadium in Aba, the quiet Yakubu Gowon Stadium in Port Harcourt or perhaps anywhere Enyimba call “home ground” per time.

With seven games left to play including Sunday’s clash, both teams are certainly not where they set-out to be on the log at the start of the season. While Enyimba can view the summit of the table from a very vintage 4th position, they still sit 3 points below the last continental spot and eight behind league leaders, Plateau United.

It is not any better for Sai Masu Gida – as Pillars are gallantly called – as they occupy the 10th spot on the log, three points behind Sunday’s opponents Enyimba. The series of chop and changes in both playing and managerial personnel of Kano Pillars seem to underline the team’s struggles this season as they look set for another underwhelming position at the end of the season.

In this fixture last term, Enyimba produced an efficient display to edge out Pillars 2-1 in Port Harcourt to complete a rare double over the former Champions. Enyimba had won the reverse fixture by same score line in Kano earlier in the season. Although Pillars have exacted some sort of revenge this season in Kano with a 3-1 victory, the Ibrahim Musa led team will be hoping to complete a memorable double over the former African champions.

Enyimba are unbeaten in their last 69 home games in the league and have somewhat adapted fully to their difficult home ground in Calabar having won their last eight home games, scoring 16 goals while conceding just 3 in the process. Nine of those goals have come in their last three home games as Enyimba look to step up an unlikely title chase on the home stretch.

Such is the huge task confronting Pillars who have failed to win any of their last 27 away games in the league and interestingly, the responsibility of stopping Enyimba will lie majorly on the shoulders of an Enyimba legend, Chinedu Udoji who joined Pillars at the start of this season after years of meritorious service to the People’s Elephant.

Udoji holds the record as the only player to have been red carded for both teams in games involving the two sides (having been sent off for Enyimba in Kano on April 2015 and for Pillars in this season’s reverse fixture). He however is not the only former Enyimba star that would be in Pillars’ jersey on Sunday as the trio of Idris Aloma, Kamal Sikiru and Bala Zakka have very recently defended Enyimba’s blue and white colours.

While a former Enyimba captain will be hoping to keep the Elephants at bay, former Kano Pillars captain and also a club legend, Theophilus Afelokhai (if selected) will be hoping to get one over his former employers. Just like Udoji, Afelokhai spent about a decade of his career with Pillars, achieving a cult hero status before leaving to join arch-rivals Enyimba before the 2015/16 season.

An Enyimba vs Kano Pillars game is always one to provide the thrills, passion and goals as none of the last eight fixtures involving both sides ended goalless. Another tantalizing “Derby du Nigerie” waits on Sunday

Source: http://www.thatenyimbafan.com/2017/07/30/enyimba-pillars-return-trenches-calabar/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by Ajibel(m): 9:43am On Jul 30, 2017
Some Info

Most Individual goals in the Last 13 meetings between both sides:
1. Gambo Muhammed (Pillars) -5 Goals
2. Sibi Gwar (Enyimba) - 3 goals
3. Rabiu Ali (Pillars) - 3 goals

Before today's game would be played, Enyimba are one match away from playing 70 home matches without a defeat in the NPFL.
Played:69, W:54, D:15, L:0

Between this two sides, they have won 11 of the last 16 NPFL titles. Enyimba with 7 titles and Kano Pillars with 4 titles.

Why Enyimba vs Pillars clash is pick of the pack

Enyimba FC defender Ifeanyi Anaemena eyes victory over Kano Pillars

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by Ajibel(m): 11:12am On Jul 30, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by ahhdah(f): 1:15pm On Jul 30, 2017
: cool cool
It's not as if I like football.. I just like the space booked by moii

2 Likes

Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by RichFoundation(m): 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2017
Nzogbu Nzogbu EnyiMba Enyi

Up EnyiMba

Victory is sure

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by cosby02(m): 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
Dont forget to tell us the scores after
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 30, 2017
I love this.. hope the league here keeps growing evryday

4 Likes

Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by jojothegreat(m): 1:18pm On Jul 30, 2017
Kano pillar

Kanawan dabo!

2 Likes

Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by maxiuc(m): 1:21pm On Jul 30, 2017
Naija league where home team doesn't loose match

Rm

I hail thee

5 Likes

Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by smathelon1: 1:22pm On Jul 30, 2017
d

1 Share

Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 30, 2017
Humans wey dey eat people's flesh
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by Olasco93: 1:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
Enyimba 2 - 0 Kano Pillars

1 Like

Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 1:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
developers vs boko haram fc thank God say na neutral ground,if say na for kano and eyimba win them go just begin implement october 1 from there

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by Moyinoluwa35(f): 1:28pm On Jul 30, 2017
biafra people vs buhari people......

1 Like

Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by toseen7: 1:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
Nigeria Professional Football League on FP? cheesy

Anyways, home team to win OR draw...

1 Like

Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2017
ahhdah:
: cool cool
It's not as if I like football.. I just like the space booked by moii
you make sense joor .how i wish
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by dakeskese(m): 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2017

hhhm
great teams.

I support our local league.

1 Like

Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by Bari22: 1:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
sai masu gida
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by eunisam: 1:39pm On Jul 30, 2017
I hope the officiating will be fair

1 Like

Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by anyebedgreat: 1:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
Sai Masu Gida
Much respect to enyimba

1 Like

Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by zagadat1: 1:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
Expect the home team to win #Naijaleague
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by Mcreloaded(m): 1:53pm On Jul 30, 2017
Stupid Nigeria league when everyone knows that 99.999% of home matches don't loose and 99.99% of matches don't score above 2 goals lol.
Don't see my self wasting my money to watch Nigeria league when I can watch football played at my secondary school every weekend
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 30, 2017
Best site where you can buy and sell anything online https://bitify.com?referral=597c755b4290b check it out and u will be glad u did
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by Bullhari007(m): 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
I'm not interested... hope those miscreants in kano will not hurl stones on the visiting side
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by damoneymag(m): 2:03pm On Jul 30, 2017
Toor.. in the absence of oyibo, make we manage albino. as premiership never start... make we dey rock our local league... eyimba for victory....
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 30, 2017
Expect the hometeam to win this. It is the #NPFL guys a.k.a. home advantage. And you wonder why the league teams don't do well on the continent? My prediction: Enyimba 1-0 Pillars.
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
Expect the hometeam to win this. It is the #NPFL guys a.k.a. home advantage. And you wonder why the league teams don't do well on the continent? My prediction: Enyimba 1-0 Pillars. Via penalty.
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by jolomiurenyi(m): 2:05pm On Jul 30, 2017
maxiuc:
Naija league where home team doesn't loose match

Rm

I hail thee

It's not like that anymore, you must work hard.
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by farouk0403(m): 2:15pm On Jul 30, 2017
Muje zuwa kanawan dabo
Re: Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar by Okaka27(m): 2:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
BORNTOSUCKPUSSY:
developers vs boko haram fc thank God say na neutral ground,if say na for kano and eyimba win them go just begin implement october 1 from there

(1) (2) (Reply)

My 20 Days Rollover Progress / Super Falcons Beat Ivory Coast 1-0, Qualify For Women’s AFCON / Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.