Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,481 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB (36936 Views)

Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / COVID-19: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Ondo, Donates Fumigation Vehicles (Photos) / Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Lagos House Of Assembly (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by Olujava(m): 6:20pm On Jul 30, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
He should learn from oba of Benin instead of roaming about the street begging for money. That's what you get when you give royalty to pigs, they don't know how to compose themselves.
.. u better watch ur utterance
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by AreaFada2: 6:25pm On Jul 30, 2017
Jetleeee:

What does Oba of Benin do in his palace other than wearing beads and Tulle skirts

Begging for money? The man is wealthy enough to feed you and your skinny siblings till y'all die.

And besides, you're a potor boy. You don't know chit about royalty. Una no get crown, na headwarmer una get. Even that one sef, una dey smuggle coke to buy am

Potor people can't be taken seriously when it comes to matters like this. Roll back into that thick red mud
Dude be honest with yourself. Remove tribal pride from it for a moment. It is quite unusual for royalty visiting private homes. Haba! Including Obafemi Martins. grin
The world over a big part of royal dignity is etiquette and rules including rarity.

As for Oba of Benin that you already took the liberty to criticise, he does not need to attend parties, birthday bashes, weddings or hop all over the place to influence things within the Constitutional remit.

Because I have many relatives in the palace I know for a fact that the Oba is one of the busiest people alive. He personally hears cases brought by
citizens from all over the kingdom. Be it family, land, customary, succession disputes not to mention the number of guests received daily.

Remember he was prepared for kingship from the day he was born. He's not making up things as he goes along.

The former Ethiopian emperor Haile Sillasie also personally heard cases. Even standing the whole day well over age 80. There is a long African tradition of giving audience to even the smallest citizen. Far more important than glamorous gallivanting.

Remember he was Nigeria's ambassador to Scandinavia accredited to several countries there, Italy and Angola for many years and people come from all over the world. From scholars, researchers, international TV documentary crews. Not to mention the political elite.

Anyway many things about royalty in your area is very unusual. Such as a person whose father is still alive becoming king. I would not accept any traditional title as long as my father is alive. He should get it. Then after he's gone I can take it. Let alone being King.
But I guess that is what diversity is all about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by t2luv1: 6:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
alignacademy:

Don't know how you got your "facts" (maybe you have an unofficial biography)

What of the story of how he STARTED?

Don't you think THAT will be more inspiring than success stories from other climes?

HOW IT STARTED !!!!. What difference does that make. The man used the bank as his piggy bank end of story. He did it because he knew he could got away with it. No oversight.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by AreaFada2: 6:39pm On Jul 30, 2017
cashmyles:

And who told you I'm Ibo?

I'm a son of the source and my family compd is Adejokun compd in Ilare, did u even know d place? I have no grudges or whatsoever with the king but he should stop dragging d Ooni name into the mud, The past kings like Sijuade, Aderemi and co will not go so low as our king is doing
My brother the way they attack Igbo na wa o. Anybody who does not follow them like APC zombie is automatically Igbo. Very ignorant lot. Education is not common sense o.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by CzarChris(m): 6:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
cashmyles:

No be only 11, na 1000!!!!

Don't be fooled
A simple use of Google will help. This man Otunba Balogun, is a trailblazer. I'm not talking about the Ooni.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by cashmyles: 6:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
Crestedguy4real:
I like it when people day dream,brother man,keep dreaming,am not your maker,but God mercy and favour can fall upon you,maybe perhaps maybe one day we will celebrate you on this forum as oba but I doubt if it will be in ife you claim you reside

See you? I am from Ife and that doesn't make me to live there. I'm comfortable wit what I have, I have my dream job and I'm ok with that.

Send me your resume and let me get you a job. I'm far better than you and I swear I can employ you and feed you. I don't have to be a king before I can be celebrated. Did you know Chief Duduyemi for Ife?, Find out the name and take a chill pill. We are cool and we don't make noise, Your Oba aint better than I do, I'm a billionaire in the making and I ain't gonna fake that

Clown!!!!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by bandad: 6:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
Chai an individual owning a bank. Chai some people get money sha.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by evansjeff(m): 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2017
ODVanguard:

Who or what tha hell is 'oba of benin'? Is that the name of a dog, pig or cockroach?
dont allow what you don't know or can't explain happen to you!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by Thiamine(m): 7:00pm On Jul 30, 2017
0b100100111:

Ooni has so much of class, power and prestige.

There is this glow that radiates around him....

The Almighty he is!

why Almighty!!!

Let us be careful of giving attributes that belong to God only to son of man.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by Crestedguy4real: 7:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
cashmyles:

See you? I am from Ife and that doesn't make me to live there. I'm comfortable wit what I have, I have my dream job and I'm ok with that.

Send me your resume and let me get you a job. I'm far better than you and I swear I can employ you and feed you. I don't have to be a king before I can be celebrated. Did you know Chief Duduyemi for Ife?, Find out the name and take a chill pill. We are cool and we don't make noise, Your Oba aint better than I do, I'm a billionaire in the making and I ain't gonna fake that

Clown!!!!
employ me,Google this number and 08029115511 my profile speaks for me,I don't brag
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by Thiamine(m): 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2017
0b100100111:

Ooni has so much of class, power and prestige.

There is this glow that radiates around him....

The Almighty he is!

[color=#550000][/color]

why Almighty!!!

Let us be careful of giving attributes that belong to God only to son of man.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 30, 2017
Jetleeee:

What does Oba of Benin do in his palace other than wearing beads and Tulle skirts

Begging for money? The man is wealthy enough to feed you and your skinny siblings till y'all die.

And besides, you're a potor boy. You don't know chit about royalty. Una no get crown, na headwarmer una get. Even that one sef, una dey smuggle coke to buy am

Potor people can't be taken seriously when it comes to matters like this. Roll back into that thick red mud

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by Praktikals(m): 7:07pm On Jul 30, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
He should learn from oba of Benin instead of roaming about the street begging for money. That's what you get when you give royalty to pigs, they don't know how to compose themselves.
Can you refer to your worthless father as a pig?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by Adebowale89(m): 7:12pm On Jul 30, 2017
MONITZ:
The visit ought to ve been the other way, the way he is gallivanting all over the place trying to unite the Yorubas is good bt he is gradually demystifying the awe and respect the the throne commands.. U hardly see the Oba of Benin all over the place, anyone that has anything important that requires the Oba's input goes to the palace to see him, a tenet of the 48 laws of power which is the mire u make urself scarce the more the respect that will be accorded u..

"Eye wey dey waka na im dey see rubbish, so if eye nor wan see nonsense e go siddon house...

What is the use of these traditional rulers sef? other than milking us of already scarce resources, they re like prisoners in their palaces bcoz they can't mingle, club and do other things an ordinary man on the street would do without drawing the ire and criticism of the subjects.

Mr enlightenment, pls can u educate us the role of king in Nigeria? what's their social vices to influence their society

he is ooni of Ife not ooni of Benin or ooni of Onitsha. Ife people are not complaining. why are crying more than the bereaved

you're sounding frustrated with this your gibberish, hope u won't have high blood pressure soonest?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by Sanchez01: 7:23pm On Jul 30, 2017
AreaFada2:

Dude be honest with yourself. Remove tribal pride from it for a moment. It is quite unusual for royalty visiting private homes. Haba! Including Obafemi Martins. grin
The world over a big part of royal dignity is etiquette and rules including rarity.

As for Oba of Benin that you already took the liberty to criticise, he does not need to attend parties, birthday bashes, weddings or hop all over the place to influence things within the Constitutional remit.
Because I have many relatives in the palace I know for a fact that the Oba is one of the busiest people alive. He personally hears cases brought by
citizens from all over the kingdom. Be it family, land, customary, succession disputes not to mention the number of guests received daily. Remember he was prepared for kingship from the day he was born. He's not making up things as he goes along.

The former Ethiopian emperor Haile Sillasie also personally heard cases. Even standing the whole day well over age 80. There is a long African tradition of giving audience to even the smallest citizen. Far more important than glamorous gallivanting.

Remember he was Nigeria's ambassador to Scandinavia accredited to several countries there, Italy and Angola for many years and people come from all over the world. From scholars, researchers, international TV documentary crews. Not to mention the political elite.
Anyway many things about royalty in your area is very unusual. Such as a person whose father is still alive becoming king. I would not accept any traditional title as long as my father is alive. He should get it. Then after he's gone I can take it. Let alone being King.
But I guess that is what diversity is all about.
Kingship is an alien practice to you guys and it is not really surprising. The world itself is coloured with people of various beliefs, practices and rituals, but then, that is not to say yours is way better.

I believe I have stayed long in the West to understand their practices. There are local village heads called Baálè in Yorubaland who entertain dispute hearings among many other things. Bigger issues are escalated to the king. Truth is, things are not the way they were about some twenty years ago wherein kings would be confined to their palace.

Cashmyles, you cannot just compare Sijuade or Aderemi Ọba Ogunwusi for several reasons. They didn't die in their prime and weren't confined until illnesses started setting in, particularly for Sijuade. He was scarcely seen or heard from during those periods.

Age sure restricted him from outings and he only honoured a couple of invites within Ife at the time. Oba Ogunwusi is vibrant and still young to build bridges. There would be a time he would not be able to go out frequently like he is doing now.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by julietm123: 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
metronaija2:
The Ooni of Ife, His Imperial Majesty Alayeluwa Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Babatunde Ogunwusi Ojaja II paid a courtesy visit to Olori Omo-Oba, Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder of FCMB at his residence. See photos below

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/07/photos-ooni-of-ife-visits-founder-of.html

Ooni of Ife the visiting visitor. Abeg this man no dey sit down for palace?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by ariesbull: 7:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
People visit kings but here kings visit people

OK na
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by ariesbull: 7:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
emmasege:
Our visiting King, lol.

When is Ooni going to become a biological father of someone? He has a grown-up daughter who was born out of wedlock at a time the Ooni was not prepared to be a father. It's high time he started producing princes and princesses while on the throne. Lori Wuraola may need younger wives sooner than expected, except they are both covering up something.
So he has Omo ale
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by Olushauneddy(m): 7:59pm On Jul 30, 2017
Silvermoney:
Just look at the opulent surroundings.
....Opulent indeed ! But all that glitters isn't gold. The Ooni that bows
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by AreaFada2: 8:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
Sanchez01:

Kingship is an alien practice to you guys and it is not really surprising. The world itself is coloured with people of various beliefs, practices and rituals, but then, that is not to say yours is way better.

I believe I have stayed long in the West to understand their practices. There are local village heads called Baálè in Yorubaland who entertain dispute hearings among many other things. Bigger issues are escalated to the king. Truth is, things are not the way they were about some twenty years ago wherein kings would be confined to their palace.

Cashmyles, you cannot just compare Sijuade or Aderemi Ọba Ogunwusi for several reasons. They didn't die in their prime and weren't confined until illnesses started setting in, particularly for Sijuade. He was scarcely seen or heard from during those periods.

Age sure restricted him from outings and he only honoured a couple of invites within Ife at the time. Oba Ogunwusi is vibrant and still young to build bridges. There would be a time he would not be able to go out frequently like he is doing now.

Hahahaha. Kingship alien to who? So Kingship dating back to 40BC is new in your view? Lol.
Irrespective of local chiefs, every citizen reserves the right to be heard by the Oba as the final arbiter. Wealth or status has no relevance.

Good that you you live abroad. In the Constitutional monarchy nations I have lived in, monarchs do no visit private homes anyhow. And they have over 1000 years of monarchy. Kingship also alien to them? Some monarchs were crowned in their 20s to 40s.
You are making many assumptions that are based purely on ignorance of others.
But I take one message from your submission. It is that he was probably not very well travelled before and now using this opportunity to.

This is exactly the point of us preferring to prepare a king from birth. He gets the chance to travel, study abroad as a normal person and understand ordinary people before becoming king.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by BabaRamota1980: 8:06pm On Jul 30, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

Shott up there. Go and remove Bini from map of Biafra first. Then come talk about teaching others how royalty should behave.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by bellotaofeek: 8:16pm On Jul 30, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

In your own shallow mind . Yes ! But the truth is that the guy is fucking rich
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by NosaHenry(m): 8:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
Cultures varies, Oba of Benin will not do such. If the Yoruba culture permits such visits then it is ok.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by OkoYibo: 8:54pm On Jul 30, 2017
cashmyles:

And who told you I'm Ibo?

I'm a son of the source and my family compd is Adejokun compd in Ilare, did u even know d place? I have no grudges or whatsoever with the king but he should stop dragging d Ooni name into the mud, The past kings like Sijuade, Aderemi and co will not go so low as our king is doing

I know some Ife people are disgruntled with the choice of Ogunwusi as the Ooni but where were you when Sijuwade was the leader of PDP in Osun under Oyinlola?

Where were you when Omisore was chopping Sijuwade's eyes?

The inferior road from Ibadan to Ife constructed by Sijuwade's company has killed many Ife people, what do you have to say about that?

The fact that you're unenlightened doesn't mean the Ooni should be unenlightened too. He's building bridges in places you've never dreamt of.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by jaykay68(m): 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
you are a pig for making this comment against the leader of Yoruba race worldwide. animal like you.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by Ajikobi1: 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2017
obataokenwa:
You want to compare Ooni of Ife wealth to that of Obi of Onitsha? Academically and wealthwise, Obi of Onitsha is ahead of all the traditional rulers in the whole of west Africa... check it yourself.

http://mynaijainfo.com/2016/09/profile-igwe-nnaemeka-alfred-achebe-obi-onitsha/
Shey the one they told to shut up or what?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by landlaw: 9:28pm On Jul 30, 2017
cool
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by udeanaruagu: 10:00pm On Jul 30, 2017
OGBONI MEN[color=#990000][/color][center][/center]
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by cashmyles: 10:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
OkoYibo:

I know some Ife people are disgruntled with the choice of Ogunwusi as the Ooni but where were you when Sijuwade was the leader of PDP in Osun under Oyinlola?

Where were you when Omisore was chopping Sijuwade's eyes?

The inferior road from Ibadan to Ife constructed by Sijuwade's company has killed many Ife people, what do you have to say about that?

The fact that you're unenlightened doesn't mean the Ooni should be unenlightened too. He's building bridges in places you've never dreamt of.

You are uncivilized and you definitely need some enlightenment ... Omisore and Sijuade belong to d same occultic grp in which Omisore was superior to Sijuade. And d Ife- Ibadan expressway contract was awarded to Sijuade wife.

If you definition of been enlightened is for a first class Oba visiting and begging people for money then you need some mental evaluation
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
These pictures are old tho.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 30, 2017
datola:
The Otunba is not prostrating for the Ooni.

Technically, the Otunba and the Ooni are of two separate kingdoms and if it were not for colonial rule, you would not be saying this.

You should also note Otunba is also Olori Omoba. Will you have the Head Prince of Ife prostrating for the Awujale?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB by OkoYibo: 10:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
cashmyles:

You are uncivilized and you definitely need some enlightenment ... Omisore and Sijuade belong to d same occultic grp in which Omisore was superior to Sijuade. And d Ife- Ibadan expressway contract was awarded to Sijuade wife.

If you definition of been enlightened is for a first class Oba visiting and begging people for money then you need some mental evaluation

And you're the membership secretary of the occultic group to know that?

When Sijuade was openly Pro PDP and unashamedly partisan, you were blind to that?

You're saying the Ooni begged for money. How much did he beg your father? Who is your father that refused to train you and you're here disgracing your lineage? All these ill-bred mongrels littering Yorubaland.

You may not like Ogunwusi, but I won't tolerate a worthless nonentity talk trash about him due to your diseased sense of entitlement.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Shares What She Did When Charms Were Sent To Her While Visiting Her Village / Studies Show That Black People Are Genetically Programmed To Be Slaves! / 'Omoyele Sowore Could Have Been Turned To Goat For Desecration Of Ooni's Status'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.