Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,207 members, 7,780,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:11 PM

Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does (25664 Views)

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. / If You Depend On Religion, It Will Fail You. (see How) / Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:58am On Oct 13, 2017
Truth .
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:14pm On Oct 13, 2017
Very true
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by hopara1(m): 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2017
If A dont believe there is B among letters,then why is A so worried if B is among the letters?Ignorance
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:05pm On Oct 13, 2017
hopara1:
If A dont believe there is B among letters,then why is A so worried if B is among the letters?Ignorance
grin
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:12pm On Oct 19, 2017
Correct . Truth .
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:24pm On Oct 19, 2017
Real stuff
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by budaatum: 11:42pm On Oct 19, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
Why are atheists here discussing the bible , religious beliefs , religious doctrine when it has absolutely nothing to do with the existence of God.
I do not discuss "the bible , religious beliefs , religious doctrine" because of god, they just happen to be the vehicle through which some human minds are expressed and that, if nothing else, intrigues me. The bible is the text on which Christian doctrine and belief is based on so I read it as I read my Quran to understand Muslims. I go to church sometimes to explore this same human mind exhibiting itself. I do the same with Islamic beliefs. Peoples religion affects the culture I live and has to do with the existence of the human being. If one does not express opinion, especially if it were to differ ones, I can just about see a tithe of 10% deducted from my pay at source!
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:59pm On Oct 21, 2017
more contributions. ..
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:08pm On Oct 21, 2017
smiley
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:13am On Oct 22, 2017
Remain blessed
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
Another true story

1 Like

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:03pm On Oct 22, 2017
True
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 23, 2017
This is one of the dumbest questions in the religion section, except the questioner has a fraudulent way of making his stupidity look sophisticated.

What is atheism? It is a COUNTER position to theism, when narrowly defined as the belief in the existence of deities. So, when I call myself an atheist, I'm telling you that I believe that all the Gods and deities you've invented DO NOT EXIST. I'm saying they are false and ridiculously nonsensical, and that attack would be extended to the RELIGIONS ATTACHED to these bullshit deities - which includes all monoTHEISTIC and polyTHEISTIC religions, including Abrahamism [Judaism, Christianity and Islam]. What's so hard to comprehend?

Matter of fact, even if I'm a deist, I can still have reasons to attack your religion if it interferes with the legislation, tradition, and politics of my society. And I can still be an atheist and attack religions THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THEISM, because atheism is NOT the only world view and philosophy I hold in life!. Showing that:

1) You can be an atheist and despise religion [NEGATIVE attitude]

2) You can be an atheist and be indifferent towards religion [NEUTRAL attitude]

3) You can be an atheist and embrace religion [POSITIVE attitude]

4) You can be a deist and despise religion [NEGATIVE attitude]

5) You can be a deist and be indifferent towards religion [NEUTRAL attitude]

6) You can be a deist and embrace religion [POSITIVE attitude]

SENSELESS THREAD.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by budaatum: 5:02pm On Oct 23, 2017
hopara1:
Because, if A were talking and B butted in, A would have to ask, "what made that noise?"
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:11pm On Oct 23, 2017
More contributions smiley
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by hopara1(m): 12:34pm On Oct 24, 2017
budaatum:

Because, if A were talking and B butted in, A would have to ask, "what made that noise?"
Nice try!but if taking this into consideration I think the truth is gradually coming out...because non-exist things dont make sound!
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by budaatum: 2:37pm On Oct 24, 2017
hopara1:
Nice try!but if taking this into consideration I think the truth is gradually coming out...because non-exist things dont make sound!
Exactly. It kind of negates what you said.

hopara1:

If B is among the letters, B must exist.
B makes a sound B must exist.
The fact that A responds to the sound made by B means A knows B exists.
It is illogical (or dishonest) to then claim A does not believe that B exists despite all that evidence.
Your statement implies that A just refuses to acknowledge that B exists, despite all the evidence that proves B's existence.

Your analogy does not properly describe the argument at hand, is my point here. It does not describe A's position at all. B is amongst the letters and A knows it is. They have lived as neighbours for so long, and A hears B rumbling around next door. A would be mad if it suddenly claims B does not exist.

However, in the Yoruba alphabet, A knows it's neighbours. They have always been A, B, D, E, etc. C does not exist. Nor does C make a sound. And all the letters in the Yoruba alphabet can testify to the non existence of C. Except, for analogy sake, B now claims there is a C in the Yoruba alphabet, and it lives between it, B, and D. I suggest that while A may chose to just argue the point, D might be a bit more militant in its opposition especially if it were asked to make room for C!
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by JackBizzle: 2:49pm On Oct 24, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
More contributions smiley

Your thread is daft. Atheism rejects religion (indirectly) in the sense that many religions are tied to god. Take for instance, the abrahamic religions (christianity, judaism and islam), they require a belief in God. Without God the religion makes no sense.

As a christian, you are daft for opening this thread

1 Like

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by Dalam0n: 3:09pm On Oct 24, 2017
JackBizzle:

Your thread is daft. Atheism rejects religion (indirectly) in the sense that many religions are tied to god. Take for instance, the abrahamic religions (christianity, judaism and islam), they require a belief in God. Without God the religion makes no sense.

[b]As a christian, you are daft for opening this [/b]thread

grin grin
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by budaatum: 3:57pm On Oct 24, 2017
JackBizzle:

As a christian, you are daft for opening this thread
I disagree. While you may not see the impact of your words on the thread opener, it is very obvious there has been an impact nonetheless, on the thread opener, and on all who read the thread. Add that to the provocation of thought instigated in the thread opener. Surely, you do not believe all of the thread openers rebuttals could be made without some thinking going on. Even the choice of evidence to support thread openers position would have involved sifting through evidence that opposed that position.

I sure as hell learnt a lot. So thanks op!
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by hopara1(m): 3:59pm On Oct 24, 2017
@budaatum Let love lead us all,in all our endeavours despite our differences in literacy...tolerance cures ignorance!We all have reasons for our beliefs/unbeliefs,but it's certain that there is always consequences for holding to the wrong path!

1 Like

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by JackBizzle: 4:00pm On Oct 24, 2017
budaatum:

I disagree. While you may not see the impact of your words on the thread opener, it is very obvious there has been an impact nonetheless, on the thread opener, and on all who read the thread. Add that to the provocation of thought instigated in the thread opener. Surely, you do not believe all of the thread openers rebuttals could be made without some thinking going on. Even the choice of evidence to support thread openers position would have involved sifting through evidence that opposed that position.

I sure as hell learnt a lot. So thanks op!

Sometimes, we learn from the stup1dity of others.

The op is daft

1 Like

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:26pm On Oct 24, 2017
Please I need meaningful contributions and such can't come from the likes of JackBizzle.

JackBizzle, should we play a game ? Dare me to refute your post . I'll do that (very easily of course ) but you'd have to open a thread and apologize for the stupidity you displayed on this thread and for making me use my time to educate you .
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by budaatum: 4:45pm On Oct 24, 2017
hopara1:
@budaatum Let love lead us all,in all our endeavours despite our differences in literacy...tolerance cures ignorance!We all have reasons for our beliefs,but it's certain that there is always consequences for holding to the wrong path!
Two ways there are of seeking how to see
One that it is, and is not not to be
That is the path of Truth's companion, Trust
The other it is not, and not to be it must
[url=https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=PgZrpNeulMMC&pg=PT45&lpg=PT45&dq=KRS+291.+2-5&source=bl&ots=NRTMer4JjW&sig=7CFTyBWcsd12f-pv4UvxarkV-fg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi6pvfVy4nXAhUHVRoKHWyXD-EQ6AEIETAC#v=onepage&q=KRS%20291.%202-5&f=false]KRS 291. 2-5[/url]

It's the "wrong path" we are here attempting to define. And indeed, love would lead us to it. I thank god that at the very least, its on the curriculum. Where would we be if there were no begotten son!

I assure you, A people of power is being established here!
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by JackBizzle: 4:48pm On Oct 24, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
Please I need meaningful contributions and such can't come from the likes of JackBizzle.

JackBizzle, should we play a game ? Dare me to refute your post . I'll do that (very easily of course ) but you'd have to open a thread and apologize for the stupidity you displayed on this thread and for making me use my time to educate you .

grin

I dare you to refute my post
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:47pm On Oct 26, 2017
JackBizzle:

grin
I dare you to refute my post
Are there atheists in Hinduism?
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by JackBizzle: 7:13pm On Oct 27, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Are there atheists in Hinduism?

Are you a christian or hindu? See how you argue dubiously?

In my original post, I clearly stated that atheism negates religions that are tied to God. And clearly, not all religions are tied to God.

A lot of religions are tied to god, especially Abrahamic faiths; christianity, judaism and islam.

BTW, there are gods in hinduism. Don't forget that there are many schools within hinduism.
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:56pm On Oct 27, 2017
JackBizzle:

Are you a christian or hindu? See how you argue dubiously?

In my original post, I clearly stated that atheism negates religions that are tied to God. And clearly, not all religions are tied to God.

A lot of religions are tied to god, especially Abrahamic faiths; christianity, judaism and islam.

BTW, there are gods in hinduism. Don't forget that there are many schools within hinduism.

Are there atheists in Hinduism, yes or no ?
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by JackBizzle: 1:13am On Oct 28, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

undecided
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by JackBizzle: 10:59am On Oct 28, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

YES
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:51pm On Oct 29, 2017
JackBizzle:

YES

then your post has been refuted . Very simple right?

Hinduism is a theistic religion, and what atheists in Hinduism do is to reject the deification of those entities or as far rejecting their existence but still maintain some tenets of the religion. Same with atheists in theistic religion like Judaism and Christianity - this case they are part of them culturally. Comprendre ?
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:52pm On Oct 29, 2017
cc : lalasticlala
Issa Happy Sunday bruv , some love over here

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Money Orisha ~ Money Charm ~ Money Spells / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus / I Have Been Singing Gospel Songs In My Dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.