Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does (25897 Views)

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. / If You Depend On Religion, It Will Fail You. (see How) / Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2017
Why are atheists here discussing the bible , religious beliefs , religious doctrine when it has absolutely nothing to do with the existence of God . The deists who acknowledge the existence of God reject religious beliefs and question religious authority .

Atheism is not the rejection of religion . There are religious atheists . So can an atheist explain the obsession with religious skepticism when it has nothing to do with the existence of God ?

https://www.nairaland.com/3500235/must-read-god-without-religion#51614156

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by felixomor: 4:43pm On Jul 30, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
Why are atheists here discussing the bible , religious beliefs , religious doctrine when it has absolutely nothing to do with the existence of God . The deists who acknowledge the existence of God reject religious beliefs and question religious authority .

Atheism is not the rejection of religion . There are religious atheists . So can an atheist explain the obsession with religious skepticism when it has nothing to do with the existence of God ?
Nice Question bro
I hope they don't dodge this one.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
felixomor:

Nice Question bro
I hope they don't dodge this one.

Thanks bro , let's wait and see . grin
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by 4kings: 5:08pm On Jul 30, 2017
Most will say there are "agnostic atheists"
Nice point though, would love to see "gnostic atheist" point of view, if there are here.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
4kings:
Nice point though, would love to see "gnostic atheist" point of view, if there are here.

Thanks bro

Agnostic atheism is an appeal to ignorance . But whatever position they appear to have , talking about religion makes no sense . Atheism does not religion , it rejects the deification of entities .
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
@4kings

Since theism deifies entities and atheism rejects the deification of entities , what does agnosticism do then ? It declares uncertainty about what is deified ?
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by obinna58(m): 5:55pm On Jul 30, 2017
Cos crazy things are happening to the world due to the system of religious beliefs also
Bible is composed of lies which they made people to see as the truth, religionists can never accept that there are plenty lies in their holy book

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by chemystery: 6:02pm On Jul 30, 2017
Because religionists created God

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:02pm On Jul 30, 2017
obinna58:
Cos crazy things are happening to the world due to the system of religious beliefs also
Bible is composed of lies which they made people to see as the truth, religionists can never accept that there are plenty lies in their holy book

Plenty of lies ?

The deists reject the bible and a plethora of religious doctrines and beliefs and they acknowledge the existence of God . So what are you saying ?

Why are you obsessed with religion ? Does atheism reject religion ? No .

3 Likes

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:06pm On Jul 30, 2017
chemystery:

Because religionists created God

Through out history we see humans , natural elements , phenomena and bodies deified , so you saying religious people created humans , natural elements and bodies like trees , stone , rain , sun etc ? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by orunto27: 6:06pm On Jul 30, 2017
You're right. They have problem with God not with Believers.
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by chemystery: 6:09pm On Jul 30, 2017
But wait! What else are we discussing in religion or in religious text/doctrines if not god?

Or are there atheist that discuss about champions league in religion?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by chemystery: 6:10pm On Jul 30, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Through out history we see humans , natural elements and bodies deified , so you saying religious people created humans , natural elements and bodies like trees , stone , rain , sun etc ? undecided

No, I'm saying they created god out of them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:14pm On Jul 30, 2017
chemystery:

So which god is acknowledged in religions like Buddhism , Confucianism , Raelism etc ?
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by 4kings: 6:16pm On Jul 30, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
@4kings

Since theism deifies entities and atheism rejects the deification of entities , what does agnosticism do then ? It declares uncertainty about what is deified ?
I think they also reject deification but are uncertain if there is an intelligence behind the universe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:18pm On Jul 30, 2017
chemystery:

The deists are not religious yet they acknowledge the existence of God

5 Likes

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:24pm On Jul 30, 2017
4kings:

I think they also reject deification but are uncertain if there is an intelligence behind the universe.

Okay

I also learnt that there are atheists who admit that there is an intelligence behind the existence of the universe but they don't deify the creator of the universe . You can find many of them on Twitter .
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
4kings:
A gnostic atheist would be as ridiculous as a gnostic theist. . .neither can provide proof of their assertions.

4 Likes

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by obinna58(m): 6:28pm On Jul 30, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Plenty of lies ?

The deists reject the bible and a plethora of religious doctrines and beliefs and they acknowledge the existence of God . So what are you saying ?

Why are you obsessed with religion ? Does atheism reject religion ? No .
Religion serves as means used in order manipulate humanity
That's why I reject it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by chemystery: 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

So which god is acknowledged in religions like Buddhism , Confucianism , Raelism etc ?
Tell me
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by chemystery: 6:31pm On Jul 30, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

The deists are not religious yet they acknowledge the existence of God
So?

1 Like

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by 4kings: 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2017
AnonyNymous:

A gnostic atheist would be as ridiculous as a gnostic theist. . .neither can provide proof of their assertions.
Abi.
KingEbukasBlog:

Okay

I also learnt that there are atheists who admit that there is an intelligence behind the existence of the universe but they don't deify the creator of the universe . You can find many of them on Twitter .

Na wa oo, define atheism for me abeg. It seems that word is convoluted.
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
4kings:

Abi.

Na wa oo, define atheism for me abeg. It seems that word is convoluted.

Atheism simply rejects the deification of anything . To be lucid : an atheist does not want you to call anything God/god .

This means that an atheist is not necessarily saying there is no creator of the universe , its just saying don't deify it ; don't treat it as a God . Its just a being , let it be what it is .
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by Davidgrey: 6:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

The "bible" is apparently the only evidence that supposedly proofs the existence of god

Now if that "evidence" is undermined and questioned(factually proven to be wrong) that inadvertently declares your "god" nonexistent.

9 Likes

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:40pm On Jul 30, 2017
obinna58:

Religion serves as means used in order manipulate humanity
That's why I reject it

Thats what I'm saying . If you think religion is manipulative , that's your opinion, don't fixate on it as an atheist because it has nothing to do with the existence of God . The deists do the same thing too .
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by mrmrmister: 6:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
Well, religion is what?

I discuss religion because I wish to free brainwashed people.

Is that stupid?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
Davidgrey:
The "bible" is apparently the only evidence that supposedly proofs the existence of god

Now if that "evidence" is undermined and questioned(factually proven to be wrong) that inadvertently declares your "god" nonexistent.

Nonsense

The deists reject the bible and other religious books (revealed theology ) and they still acknowledge the existence of God . The deists rely on logic , reason , observation , science to support the existence of God (natural theology)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by Victornezzar: 6:45pm On Jul 30, 2017
KingEbukasblog you won't find them here
I preach dis 2 dem everytym

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2017
Victornezzar:
KingEbukasblog you won't find them here
I preach dis 2 dem everytym

True . Too many of them here .

They want people to think that questioning bible stories , religious beliefs automatically question the existence of God . That's nonsense . Religion is religion , God is God .

The proper argument should be : Is the First Cause or creator of the universe worthy to be called God ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by Victornezzar: 6:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

True . Too many of them here .

They want people to think that questioning bible stories , religious beliefs automatically question the existence of God . That's nonsense . Religion is religion , God is God .

The proper argument should be : Is the First Cause or creator of the universe worthy to be called God ?
Bro as in ehn
told 1 dat if he doesn't believe in the existence of God
den y is he attacking Christians again
d dude was beating around d bush

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by 4kings: 6:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism simply rejects the deification of anything . To be lucid : an atheist does not want you to call anything God/god .

This means that an atheist is not necessarily saying there is no creator of the universe , its just saying don't deify it ; don't treat it as a God . Its just a being , let it be what it is .
Hmm, what would you call deification?
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by obinna58(m): 6:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Thats what I'm saying . If you think religion is manipulative , that's your opinion, don't fixate on it as an atheist because it has nothing to do with the existence of God . The deists do the same thing too .

there is noway I could ever communicate with what I'm to believe in, also no prove about the existence of supernatural being, then what's the essence of believing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Share Your Online Worship Experience Today (pictures) / "Woman Vomits Lizard" During Bishop Sam Zuga Water Ministration In Minna / Nigeria’s Biggest Pastor Erects Occult Symbols All Over Terrain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.