Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr (18244 Views)

SURVIVORS (a Novel) / A Carnage Before Dawn: A Historical Novel On Nigeria's First Coup D'etat / Lola Akande's New Novel Exposes Nigerian University Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by toloskhati(m): 9:00am On Jul 31, 2017
Fixing prices for product is not a straight jacketed thought. A lot of indexes are brought to bear. My advice is to visit www.facebook.com/Tconsult96065 where you can ask your question and expert will provide answer almost immediately.
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by teelaw4life(m): 9:14am On Jul 31, 2017
ThatCEO:

Unfortunately, only you and Alukstea have given the OP a good advice, and those who dominated the first round of comments don't know shit.

The client hasn't made up his mind yet and has probably inquired from 5 other people. If you Bill him too much, that's the easiest way to cut you out.

The OP should be asking himself how much energy he will put into writing those things. Writing comes easily to some people than others. If you know you can finish it and you won't expend so much energy; beat down the price to say $250 or 300 to chase off your competitors. Do a great job, get the review and spend the decent Amount on something cool. You know WHY? Because work don't kill people. If you miss that job, you might not use those periods for something productive any.

There is a big difference between someone who offers you $5 on a 500 words one-off project and someone who offers you $5 on a 1200 words project but who intends to write 40k words. Be wise, think of the larger amount.

I buy on fiverr, as I have a PayPal but I contract mostly designers. I have used a Nigerian before. As a hustling nigga, the Orientation is the same every where, fiverr or not.

You're absolutely accurate. It's a surprise he got an interview sef...because i checked out the link to his gig and it's fresh as a fish out of water. I'm not going to lie, i haven't written a 150-paged novel for any client before, just short articles and stuff, but what I'd expect him to ask for given what he'll charge the client is time, time and more time. This is to allow him think properly and possibly get in touch with his creative muse. He should do everything to get the order though. The first order is always the breakthrough .
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by cherriex(f): 9:15am On Jul 31, 2017
[quote author=Okpuamu post=58989921]Please help. I just started on fiverr and someone asked I write a 150 paged novel for him. What is the ideal charge?

Help.
Lalasticlala[/quote
An owner of merchandise make his own price.just what u think that book worth,don't be cheap yet dnt be greedy.
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by teelaw4life(m): 9:20am On Jul 31, 2017
Mobsync:

Isn't that to small? I was thinking he should charge the client a few thousands.

This is a novel and not a research article.

Probably increase it to $400 maybe. The competition on fiverr is unreal and if the client was looking for expensive writers, trust me he wouldn't be on fiverr in the first place. I'm sure the client is interviewing at least 3 other people who would be willing to charge a fee lower than the amount i quoted. It's about striking a balance. Given how fresh his gig is without any review, it's very obvious that the client isn't going to be expecting a huge charge like, otherwise he would have contacted a top selling writer.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by teelaw4life(m): 9:24am On Jul 31, 2017
mrphysics:

You have a point. As a starter, he got such work because the client was looking for a cheap way to execute such project. If the guy is looking for a review, he should do it with 500 words article and thereabout.

To me, i have written such number of pages eBook for non fiction books, how much more for novel. Because it is a novel, the source of information is probably coming from him. The work is not going to be easy. I have rejected all story eBooks. They keep coming and I keep rejecting them. On one occasion, the client told me he would pay twice my gig price for a story, I rejected it still.

If I was the OP, I will reject it, but since he has accepted to write it, then he should do the conversion for N60000 and send him the dollar equivalent. That would be the cheapest price the client could get anywhere.

If he can do it, why reject it? Yes, he should probably have started with short articles but hey, he got an order on a very fresh gig. That's all that matters. He should focus on building his base, the time when he'll charge whatever he wants will come.
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 9:33am On Jul 31, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Some people are indeed shameless. Everybody can already see u lost the argument, old man. U r only fooling yourself. The argument was between "estimate" and "advice" not between "estimate" and "estimate request". Chai! OLODOOO!!!
jdtrends:

You merely buttressed my point, young man. According to what you quoted, estimates requests are PRECISE. Note clearly, I said ESTIMATE REQUESTS not ESTIMATE itself. There's a difference. Below is my quote

ALL ESTIMATE REQUESTS ARE DIRECT, PRECISE and are mostly anchored on specific words like estimate, quotation, or any of their synonyms.

Now let me explain the difference :

1. ESTIMATE. This is a rough calculation of what something is worth. This CANNOT be precise as that would be contradicting itself. Clearly, I never mentioned anything like that.

2. ESTIMATE REQUESTS. Here, the head word is REQUESTS, not ESTIMATE. The word ESTIMATE is merely functioning as an adjective and has nothing to do with precise. That said, these type of requests are always precise in the sense that the grammatical family of the word ESTIMATE, such as QUOTATION, is generally used when making this request. For instance, "how much should I charge" is imprecise, hence, cannot fall into the estimate category. If you ask me this question, I must demand certain things to help me make suggestions. "What type of novel are you writing? What is the copyright agreement? What are the terms?"... All these will be taken into consideration before I render my advice. I can't make an estimate because I don't have a clue of the kind of job you were hired to do or the kind of novel you were hired to write.

Estimate requests on the other hand are precise. For instance, "I need a cost estimate on a novel project particularly gothic..." . As you can see, the request is a precise one. Straight to the point!

Bia..if I slap una two enh,una go behave by force..
Who over grammar eep??
Men arguing like bitchezz..
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by Dcholeric: 9:41am On Jul 31, 2017
kally90:
please can you help me register on fiverr.I tried severally but couldn't succeed.
you have not succeeded on fiverr , because you have not managed a fiverr account well enough.

1.patience (very compulsory)
2.always check for fresh orders and make sure you bid for as many as possible
3.get a well written "offer quote"
4. there's a secret that can actually change your story ( it has to do with your profile, and you may have to Polish it in a way that tends to overrating your skills, disguising your identity and nationality
5.do your best to execute orders (when they come) perfectly.
6.always think positively (you may not believe it but it works)

I had problems with freelancing sites too, but with some advice and techniques shown to me by a good colleague, I opened a new fiverr account and got my first order in about 3weeks after opening.

try my advice.

Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by proeast(m): 9:43am On Jul 31, 2017
The Op should listen to what @THECEO said, he just gave him the best advice so far. My own take is that, the op being a new seller on fiverr should be careful with this job. It could counterproductive & mar your experience as a newbie. Consider the fact that the buyer holds the aces, what if he rejects it when you're done, on the premise that its not up to scratch? All your efforts & time will become wasted & you'll be demoralized to even continue. The buyer knows you're a rookie on fiverr without reputation (positive reviews), your gig will be prematurely destroyed if he grudgingly accepts your work and goes ahead to give you a "one star". Price should not be your priority now, reputation should. I'm not saying you should accept slave wages either, just be relatively cheap for now. If you must do the job, WRITE THE FIRST COUPLE OF PAGES & SHOW IT TO HIM, IF HE IS SATISFIED, THEN YOU CAN GO AHEAD WITH THE REST. I once wrote a Biography (50k words) for someone & I want to tell you that ITS HARD!!!
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 31, 2017
k199192:

LadyF me thinks he has a point. What you gave was a vague estimate.. This guy might be a lawyer to really point it out. At first when I saw your post, I saw no wrong until Lawyer here started calling you out. Forgive lawyer and let it go.

Don't mind them bro. grin
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by bedfordng(m): 9:47am On Jul 31, 2017
hmmn
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by proeast(m): 9:50am On Jul 31, 2017
Dcholeric:

you have not succeeded on fiverr , because you have not managed a fiverr account well enough.

4. there's a secret that can actually change your story ( it has to do with your profile, and you may have to Polish it in a way that tends overrating your skills, disguising your identity and nationality

I had problems with freelancing sites too, but with some advice and techniques shown to me by a good colleague, I opened a new fiverr account and got my first order in about 3weeks after opening.

try my advice.

Your No.4 point is very important. He should try and get a US IP with a smart looking picture of a caucasian lady as identity! That is the game changer, and of course being perfect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 31, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Some people are indeed shameless. Everybody can already see u lost the argument, old man. U r only fooling yourself. The argument was between "estimate" and "advice" not between "estimate" and "estimate request". Chai! OLODOOO!!!
Young man, it is obvious at this point that you have NO CLUE. At the emboldened, the only support from the spectators so far is pointing to my direction, not yours. So where is the EVERYBODY coming from?

That aside, the bone of contention ab initio was whether the OP was seeking an estimate or a piece of advice and counselling which I pointed out to you explicitly. Then you misquoted me, claiming I said ESTIMATES ARE PRECISE. This, however, I corrected with proof and illustrations that I said ESTIMATE REQUESTS should be precise and not ESTIMATE itself. I followed this up with a brief lecture stating that REQUESTS is the HEADWORD, while ESTIMATE is merely an adjective in that context, thereby, debunking your lies.

I am still waiting for your grammatical proof to prove me wrong.

Meanwhile, the SUGGESTION Ladyf gave CANNOT BE TERMED AN ESTIMATE. It only shows how half-baked educated you both are!
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by Kcblunt(m): 10:27am On Jul 31, 2017
teelaw4life:
Usually the charge is word based. You should make your own conversion, how much do you charge per word, take that and try to estimate the number of words obtainable in a 150 paged novel and then multiply by the amount you charge per word.

I'll go further, most charge $5 per every 700 word. If you're writing withMicrosoft word using a TNR format with size 12 font, then a page will have 300 words. So, basically charge $5 for every 2 page. So, if you divide 150 pages by 2 , you get 75, 75 pages multiplied by $5 will equal $375.

Charge the client $375. It's fair, it's balanced, everybody wins and you can easily explain your fee format.

Hey hi.. I'm Olayinka am also a novice on fiverr, i love your analysis quite an experience, I'll love it if you can be my guidian.... Plz let chat tru email.. Logistics242@gmail.com to avoid unnecessary.wahala... Thanks.
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by KaBabs1: 10:37am On Jul 31, 2017
Okpuamu:
Please help. I just started on fiverr and someone asked I write a 150 paged novel for him. What is the ideal charge?

Help.
Lalasticlala

Bros you cannot just charge a client based on word count alone. Ask the client to give you more information, what genre is the novel? Is it romance, horror, thriller/mystery etc.. if it is romance, what subgenre is it? Is it contemporary romance, historical romance, erotic romance etc. Ask if the client has a plot, detailed outline and timeline of happenings. What POV he/she wants the story told from. The theme(s) of the story. I could go on and on. There's plenty of things to know before you should give your charge your client. This will even make your client sure you know what you're doing and be able to trust you.

Incase the client doesn't have all these details, tell them to give you all the iformation they have, as a professional writer you should be able to fill the holes. Whether you'll charge for that service or not is your choice.

150 pages if calculated with 350-380 words/page will be 52-57k words. I usually charge my clients between $600 - 800 for a project like this depending on the information I was given and the complexity of the job. I also consider the amount of research that needs to be done.

Oh yeah and if they say my charges are too high, I mention to them that it is negotiable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by KaBabs1: 10:44am On Jul 31, 2017
Dcholeric:
I recently got an order of 12k words for $150 .

Iss nothing

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 31, 2017
KaBabs1:

Bros you cannot just charge a client based on word count alone. Ask the client to give you more information, what genre is the novel? Is it romance, horror, thriller/mystery etc.. if it is romance, what subgenre is it? Is it contemporary romance, historical romance, erotic romance etc. Ask if the client has a plot, detailed outline and timeline of happenings. What POV he/she wants the story told from. The theme(s) of the story. I could go on and on. There's plenty of things to know before you should give your charge your client. This will even make your client sure you know what you're doing and be able to trust you.

Incase the client doesn't have all these details, tell them to give you all the iformation they have, as a professional writer you should be able to fill the holes. Whether you'll charge for that service or not is your choice.

150 pages if calculated with 350-380 words/page will be 52-57k words. I usually charge my clients between $600 - 800 for a project like this depending on the information I was given and the complexity of the job. I also consider the amount of research that needs to be done.

Oh yeah and if they say my charges are too high, I mention to them that it is negotiable

Exactly my point! Novel writing is a creative writing, it's not some kind of article writing. I strongly advise the OP to take this piece as a guide.
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by Dcholeric: 11:36am On Jul 31, 2017
KaBabs1:

Iss nothing
I didn't say its a big deal.
it was only a way to estimate how much he consider for service charge.
someone advised him to charge $5 per 500 words.
if I charge $5 per 500 words
I will get $120 for 12k words .
but I added $30 just in case the buyer chooses to go down , it won't cross below $120 .

I don't see how your quote "is nothing" actually relates to my post .
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by crunchyg: 11:37am On Jul 31, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

A wise person will first say what is Fiverr before asking stupid questions on NL better asked elsewhere
Who be this one? sad sad
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by KaBabs1: 11:48am On Jul 31, 2017
Dcholeric:

I didn't say its a big deal.
it was only a way to estimate how much he consider for service charge.
someone advised him to charge $5 per 500 words.
if I charge $5 per 500 words
I will get $120 for 12k words .
but I added $30 just in case the buyer chooses to go down , it won't cross below $120 .

I don't see how your quote "is nothing" actually relates to my post .

Baba we dey on the same page jere. I just dey whine you. Last week, one new comer fall for my hand. E pay $130 for 3k words. I happy die.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by Dcholeric: 11:57am On Jul 31, 2017
KaBabs1:

Baba we dey on the same page jere. I just dey whine you. Last week, one new comer fall for my hand. E pay $130 for 3k words. I happy die.
#thumbs up bro

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by Mobsync(m): 12:22pm On Jul 31, 2017
teelaw4life:

Probably increase it to $400 maybe. The competition on fiverr is unreal and if the client was looking for expensive writers, trust me he wouldn't be on fiverr in the first place. I'm sure the client is interviewing at least 3 other people who would be willing to charge a fee lower than the amount i quoted. It's about striking a balance. Given how fresh his gig is without any review, it's very obvious that the client isn't going to be expecting a huge charge like, otherwise he would have contacted a top selling writer.

You're right. But writing a novel isn't beans.

I'm a writer myself. I've completed one novel with two more stopped halfway, so I know what it takes to write one.

Also, I once wrote 10 1000+ blog posts for 4k, just because I was broke. At the end of the day, the effort wasn't worth the pay even though I needed the money.

I'm just concerned with the pay not being with the effort he would put into the writing.
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by delxmaverick(m): 12:55pm On Jul 31, 2017
Okpuamu:
Please help. I just started on fiverr and someone asked I write a 150 paged novel for him. What is the ideal charge?

Help.
Lalasticlala

You are supposed to charge by the number of pages... Should be around $.50 x $1... U grab?
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by Meesquared(m): 12:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
ladyF:
Calculate "per page" anf multiply. Thank me later.

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin

lady F again lol
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by ImaIma1(f): 1:22pm On Jul 31, 2017
Okpuamu:

Help.
Lalasticlala

Hello Op pls did you have to buy a book or ebook or pay any charges before joining fiverr?
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by teelaw4life(m): 1:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
Mobsync:

You're right. But writing a novel isn't beans.

I'm a writer myself. I've completed one novel with two more stopped halfway, so I know what it takes to write one.

Also, I once wrote 10 1000+ blog posts for 4k, just because I was broke. At the end of the day, the effort wasn't worth the pay even though I needed the money.

I'm just concerned with the pay not being with the effort he would put into the writing.

You try oo. 4k for ten 1,000 word articles. If i charge that amount, trust me, I'd copy-paste majority of the work. There are clients like that though who, if given the chance, would want you to work without asking for payment. It's all about convincing them about the quality of your work and not appearing too desperate.
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by Kcblunt(m): 1:56pm On Jul 31, 2017
Dcholeric:

4. there's a secret that can actually change your story ( it has to do with your profile, and you may have to Polish it in a way that tends to overrating your skills, disguising your identity and nationality

try my advice.

Hi.... Can we chat privately?
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by Kcblunt(m): 2:02pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hi... Help me o... Am new on fiverr... Hv created my niggs... Just needed an experience tutor plz
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by olumydhe: 2:52pm On Jul 31, 2017
Okpuamu:

Help.
Lalasticlala
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by WetinConsignMe: 3:14pm On Jul 31, 2017
crunchyg:

Who be this one? sad sad

Na your mama
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by WetinConsignMe: 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2017
jdtrends:

Young man, it is obvious at this point that you have NO CLUE. At the emboldened, the only support from the spectators so far is pointing to my direction, not yours. So where is the EVERYBODY coming from?

That aside, the bone of contention ab initio was whether the OP was seeking an estimate or a piece of advice and counselling which I pointed out to you explicitly. Then you misquoted me, claiming I said ESTIMATES ARE PRECISE. This, however, I corrected with proof and illustrations that I said ESTIMATE REQUESTS should be precise and not ESTIMATE itself. I followed this up with a brief lecture stating that REQUESTS is the HEADWORD, while ESTIMATE is merely an adjective in that context, thereby, debunking your lies.

I am still waiting for your grammatical proof to prove me wrong.

Meanwhile, the SUGGESTION Ladyf gave CANNOT BE TERMED AN ESTIMATE. It only shows how half-baked educated you both are!

Pretentious olodo trying to appear educated. U ain't fooling anybody. Here, receive some education: if somebody asks u "about how much should I charge?", they are asking for your ESTIMATION of how much they should charge. Kapich? Case closed. Now run along. U r
becomming like a puppy begging to be petted. Sorry, no pet for you.YOU WERE WRONG. Case closed.
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by kally90(f): 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2017
Dcholeric:

try my advice.

It's like you don't understand. I have not opened an account yet.I think, I registered as a buyer but I want to be a seller.please help me out.I will appreciate.
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 31, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Pretentious olodo trying to appear educated. U ain't fooling anybody. Here, receive some education: if somebody asks u "about how much should I charge?", they are asking for your ESTIMATION of how much they should charge. Kapich? Case closed. Now run along. U r
becomming like a puppy begging to be petted. Sorry, no pet for you.YOU WERE WRONG. Case closed.

Funny, how is that an estimate? Are you all right at all? What are they estimating? Please explain with grammatical proof as I have done.

At the emboldened, even an illiterate can easily detect, that that PERSON is merely seeking your opinion, suggestion or advice. There's nothing there to estimate. However, estimation may come in the process of advising that person. If you follow the thread, you will notice that every reasonable person is giving his/her opinion which, I believe, has helped the OP a great deal.

Granted, I do hope you are not mistaking this for an argument as that's far from that. My purpose here is to help people like you who are educationally disadvantaged. I am always here for you. Please feel free to quote me if you encounter any problem regarding this lectures and I will gladly oblige with more copious explanations.

Regards.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Fulcrum (an Action Packed Spy Thriller) / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Season 2 - You Are Cordially Invited! / Top 5 Books By Wole Soyinka: The Tale, The Story And A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.