Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr (18242 Views)

SURVIVORS (a Novel) / A Carnage Before Dawn: A Historical Novel On Nigeria's First Coup D'etat / Lola Akande's New Novel Exposes Nigerian University Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by vislabraye(m): 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2017
teelaw4life:
Usually the charge is word based. You should make your own conversion, how much do you charge per word, take that and try to estimate the number of words obtainable in a 150 paged novel and then multiply by the amount you charge per word.

I'll go further, most charge $5 per every 700 word. If you're writing withMicrosoft word using a TNR format with size 12 font, then a page will have 300 words. So, basically charge $5 for every 2 page. So, if you divide 150 pages by 2 , you get 75, 75 pages multiplied by $5 will equal $375.

Charge the client $375. It's fair, it's balanced, everybody wins and you can easily explain your fee format.

shocked . That's outrageous. Don't 4get there are people out there who will do it for less..
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by WetinConsignMe: 5:21pm On Jul 31, 2017
jdtrends:

Funny, how is that an estimate? Are you all right at all? What are they estimating? Please explain with grammatical proof as I have done.

At the emboldened, even an illiterate can easily detect, that that PERSON is merely seeking your opinion, suggestion or advice. There's nothing there to estimate. However, estimation may come in the process of advising that person. If you follow the thread, you will notice that every reasonable person is giving his/her opinion which, I believe, has helped the OP a great deal.

Granted, I do hope you are not mistaking this for an argument as that's far from that. My purpose here is to help people like you who are educationally disadvantaged. I am always here for you. Please feel free to quote me if you encounter any problem regarding this lectures and I will gladly oblige with more copious explanations.

Regards.

"What are they estimating?". Can u believe this old olodo! THEY ARE ESTIMATING HOW MUCH I SHOULD CHARGE FOR THE NOVEL, dummy! One-track mind dufus, probably stuck on one idea of "estimate" put in his head in some backwater school. Here again, definitions of estimate, dummy. Goodbye!

es·ti·mate
verb
ˈestəˌmāt/Submit
roughly calculate or judge the value, number, quantity, or extent of.
"the aim is to estimate the effects of macroeconomic policy on the economy"
synonyms: calculate roughly, approximate, guess; More
noun
ˈestəmət/Submit
an approximate calculation or judgment of the value, number, quantity, or extent of something.
"at a rough estimate, our staff is recycling a quarter of the paper used"
synonyms: rough calculation, approximation, estimation, rough guess; More
Feedback
Translations and more definitions

Estimate | Define Estimate at Dictionary.com
Dictionary.com › browse › estimate
1. to form an approximate judgment or opinion regarding the worth, amount, size, weight, etc., of; calculate approximately: to estimate the cost of a college education. 2. ... an approximate judgment or calculation, as of the value, amount, time, size, or weight of something.

Estimate | Definition of Estimate by Merriam-Webster
Merriam-Webster › dictionary › estimate
Definition of estimate for Students. 1 : an opinion or judgment especially of the value or quality of something In my estimate, the product is poorly made. 2 : an approximation of the size or cost of something.

What is an estimate? definition and meaning - BusinessDictionary.com
Business Dictionary › definition › estimate
Definition of estimate: Approximation, prediction, or projection of a quantity based on experience and/or information available at the time, ...

What is cost estimate?What is direct estimate?What is planning estimate?
Definition of Estimate - Math is Fun
Maths Is Fun › definitions › estimate
To find a value that is close enough to the right answer, usually with some thought or calculation involved. Example: Alex estimated there ...

Estimation - Wikipedia
Wikipedia › wiki › Estimation
Estimation (or estimating) is the process of finding an estimate, or approximation, ... The U.S. Government Accountability Office defines a cost estimate as, "the summation of ...

How estimation is doneUses of estimation
Estimator - Wikipedia
Wikipedia › wiki › Estimator
In statistics, an estimator is a rule for calculating an estimate of a given quantity ... The definition places virtually no restrictions on which functions of the data can be called the ...

Cost estimate - Wikipedia
Wikipedia › wiki › Cost_estimate
A cost estimate is the approximation of the cost of a program, project, ... The U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) defines a cost estimate as, "the summation of individual ...

Estimate - definition of estimate by The Free Dictionary
The Free Dictionary › estimate
tr.v. es·ti·mat·ed, es·ti·mat·ing, es·ti·mates. 1. To calculate approximately (the amount, extent, magnitude, position, or value of something).
Definition and examples estimate | define estimate - Probability and Statistics ...

iCoachMath › math_dictionary › estimate
To estimate is to find a number that is close.... Complete information about the estimate, definition of an estimate, examples of an estimate ...

Earnings Estimate - Investopedia
Investopedia › terms › earningsestimate
What is an 'Earnings Estimate'. An earnings estimate is an analyst's estimate for a company's future quarterly or annual earnings . Future ...
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by TheKingIsHere: 5:26pm On Jul 31, 2017
Okpuamu:
Please help. I just started on fiverr and someone asked I write a 150 paged novel for him. What is the ideal charge?

Help.
Lalasticlala
Please I need your assistance. How do I put my gig on fiverr? I can't see it anywhere
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 31, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

"What are they estimating?". Can u believe this old olodo! THEY ARE ESTIMATING HOW MUCH I SHOULD CHARGE FOR THE NOVEL, dummy! One-track mind dufus, probably stuck on one idea of "estimate" put in his head in some backwater school. Here again, definitions of estimate, dummy. Goodbye!

es·ti·mate
verb
ˈestəˌmāt/Submit
synonyms: calculate roughly, approximate, guess; [/b]More
noun
ˈestəmət/Submit
an approximate calculation or judgment of the value, number, quantity, or extent of something.
[b]"at a rough estimate, our staff is recycling a quarter of the paper used"

Feedback

Estimate | Define Estimate at Dictionary.com
Dictionary.com › browse › estimate
1. to form an approximate judgment or opinion regarding the worth, amount, size, weight, etc., of; calculate approximately: to estimate the cost of a college education. 2. ... an approximate judgment or calculation, as of the value, amount, time, size, or weight of something.

Definition of estimate for Students. 1 : an opinion or judgment especially of the value or quality of something In my estimate, the product is poorly made. 2 : an approximation of the size or cost of something.

What is an estimate? definition and meaning - BusinessDictionary.com
Business Dictionary › definition › estimate
Definition of estimate: Approximation, prediction, or projection of a quantity based on experience and/or information available at the time, ...

What is cost estimate?What is direct estimate?What is planning estimate?
Definition of Estimate - Math is Fun
Maths Is Fun › definitions › estimate
To find a value that is close enough to the right answer, usually with some thought or calculation involved. Example: Alex estimated there ...

Estimation - Wikipedia
Wikipedia › wiki › Estimation
Estimation (or estimating) is the process of finding an estimate, or approximation, ... The U.S. Government Accountability Office defines a cost estimate as, "the summation of ...

How estimation is doneUses of estimation
Estimator - Wikipedia
Wikipedia › wiki › Estimator
In statistics, an estimator is a rule for calculating an estimate of a given quantity ... The definition places virtually no restrictions on which functions of the data can be called the ...

Cost estimate - Wikipedia
Wikipedia › wiki › Cost_estimate
A cost estimate is the approximation of the cost of a program, project, ... The U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) defines a cost estimate as, "the summation of individual ...

Estimate - definition of estimate by The Free Dictionary
The Free Dictionary › estimate
tr.v. es·ti·mat·ed, es·ti·mat·ing, es·ti·mates. 1. To calculate approximately (the amount, extent, magnitude, position, or value of something).
Definition and examples estimate | define estimate - Probability and Statistics ...

iCoachMath › math_dictionary › estimate
To estimate is to find a number that is close.... Complete information about the estimate, definition of an estimate, examples of an estimate ...

Earnings Estimate - Investopedia
Investopedia › terms › earningsestimate
What is an 'Earnings Estimate'. An earnings estimate is an analyst's estimate for a company's future quarterly or annual earnings . Future ...

The above quotes are simply buttressing my claims. As always, I am ready to help you..

es·ti·mate
verb
ˈestəˌmāt/Submit
synonyms: calculate roughly, approximate, guess; [/b]More
noun
ˈestəmət/Submit
[b]"at a rough estimate, our staff is recycling a quarter of the paper used"

Feedback

It's obvious you quote without going through your posts. Please go through the examples you made, since you can't comprehend the simple definition of ESTIMATE, you will discover that my first claim has been confirmed. I said earlier that for a request to be considered as a solicitation for an estimate, the word ESTIMATE, or member of its grammatical constituents ought to be present, which has been justified. In fact, the entire examples support this claim. Remember I said you CANNOT GIVE AN ESTIMATE FOR SOMETHING VAGUE. You can only give your opinion and make estimate if your explanation requires it. Someone asked you to write a novel, not having a clue of how it works, you seek advice and opinion, not estimate.

The only definition that appears plausible is

This is because of the presence of opinion in its definition, something I have been emphasising on. But even at that, the presence of value and quality has given it away as far as this context is concerned. The OP isn't asking us to estimate the value of the novel he was hired to write, rather, he's seeking our opinion or advice on how best to handle the situation. That's, how much he can charge. The OP and others are aware that such projects can worth certain amount. They know the estimation of such project. However, due to the settings and circumstances surrounding this project, the OP opened the thread to get the opinion and advise of experts regarding how Fiverr works and the consequences likely to be faced if done otherwise. In other words, the project might end up being done far lower than the so called ESTIMATE AND WORTH OF THE PROJECT because of circumstances. Let's assume that the novel is estimated to worth $900, the OP might end up doing it at a meagre $150 just to beat off competition.

I hope you now understand the difference?

Regards.
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by crunchyg: 7:10pm On Jul 31, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Na your mama
If I give you hot slap now dem go say weda I no fit pity small pikin, behave yourself
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by WetinConsignMe: 7:11pm On Jul 31, 2017
jdtrends:

The above quotes are simply buttressing my claims. As always, I am ready to help you..

It's obvious you quote without going through your posts. Please go through the examples you made, since you can't comprehend the simple definition of ESTIMATE, you will discover that my first claim has been confirmed. I said earlier that for a request to be considered as a solicitation for an estimate, the word ESTIMATE, or member of its grammatical constituents ought to be present, which has been justified. In fact, the entire examples support this claim. Remember I said you CANNOT GIVE AN ESTIMATE FOR SOMETHING VAGUE. You can only give your opinion and make estimate if your explanation requires it. Someone asked you to write a novel, not having a clue of how it works, you seek advice and opinion, not estimate.

The only definition that appears plausible is

This is because of the presence of opinion in its definition, something I have been emphasising on. But even at that, the presence of value and quality has given it away as far as this context is concerned. The OP isn't asking us to estimate the value of the novel he was hired to write, rather, he's seeking our opinion or advice on how best to handle the situation. That's, how much he can charge. The OP and others are aware that such projects can worth certain amount. They know the estimation of such project. However, due to the settings and circumstances surrounding this project, the OP opened the thread to get the opinion and advise of experts regarding how Fiverr works and the consequences likely to be faced if done otherwise. In other words, the project might end up being done far lower than the so called ESTIMATE AND WORTH OF THE PROJECT because of circumstances. Let's assume that the novel is estimated to worth $900, the OP might end up doing it at a meagre $150 just to beat off competition.

I hope you now understand the difference?

Regards.

Mumu, I'll give u one thing, u never give up, even when it's plain to the whole world u r wrong. Here is a parphrase of the OP's question, maybe it will finally sip into your thick skull: "Someone asked me to write a150-page novel. What is your ESTIMATE of what I should charge them". Now goodbye for real. See u around. No hard feelings
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 31, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Mumu, I'll give u one thing, u never give up, even when it's plain to the whole world u r wrong. Here is a parphrase of the OP's question, maybe it will finally sip into your thick skull: "Someone asked me to write a150-page novel. What is your ESTIMATE of what I should charge them". Now goodbye for real. See u around. No hard feelings

Hahaha, this is very hilarious! Young man, please be frank with yourself, how does the emboldened sound in your ear? Please go through what you have written, I bet you will curse yourself for being such a clueless slowpoke.

Please compare the trash you quoted with the below

"Someone asked me to write a 150-page novel. What is your ADVICE of what I should charge them".

PLEASE COMPARE YOUR STATEMENT WITH MINE AND THEN TELL ME WHICH IS SOUND.

Regards.
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by WetinConsignMe: 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2017
crunchyg:

If I give you hot slap now dem go say weda I no fit pity small pikin, behave yourself

Your papa dey here too. They dey complain they get one useless picken
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by crunchyg: 9:01pm On Jul 31, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Your papa dey here too. They dey complain they get one useless picken
Illiteracy at it peak
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by Dcholeric: 9:44pm On Jul 31, 2017
Kcblunt:

Hi.... Can we chat privately?
ok, give me a communication medium of your choice .
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by OgaBuhari: 10:07pm On Jul 31, 2017
Okpuamu:
Please help. I just started on fiverr and someone asked I write a 150 paged novel for him. What is the ideal charge?

Help.
Lalasticla
just sent you an email pls reply
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by Kcblunt(m): 10:36pm On Jul 31, 2017
Dcholeric:

ok, give me a communication medium of your choice .

WhatsApp... 08162054415
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by Dcholeric: 10:52pm On Jul 31, 2017
kally90:
It's like you don't understand. I have not opened an account yet.I think, I registered as a buyer but I want to be a seller.please help me out.I will appreciate.
oh ok, that may require quite a more detailed tutoring.
give me your Whatsapp number or any other medium with which we can communicate more conveniently.
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by WetinConsignMe: 11:06pm On Jul 31, 2017
crunchyg:

Illiteracy at it peak

Check yr grammar above. Which of us is illiterate, dummy
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by Mobsync(m): 6:32am On Aug 01, 2017
teelaw4life:

You try oo. 4k for ten 1,000 word articles. If i charge that amount, trust me, I'd copy-paste majority of the work. There are clients like that though who, if given the chance, would want you to work without asking for payment. It's all about convincing them about the quality of your work and not appearing too desperate.

I was already into the third article before I realized I had made a huge mistake. Yet, I kept on writing. The fact was that I was relieved of my "brokeness" almost immediately I took on the job but I still continued writing, because I had already started. The work quality was top-notch and I'm sure the person cannot get such work quality elsewhere, at least, for that amount.

But all that is past me. It was years ago, when I was still fairly new to the world of writing for money. Then, it's whatever rocks the OP's boat. He just shouldn't get himself into what he cannot finish.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by crunchyg: 6:41am On Aug 01, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Check yr grammar above. Which of us is illiterate, dummy
From the way you talk it's obvious, you lost it long ago. Sorry it shall be well with you
Re: How Much Should I Charge For A 150 Paged Novel On Fiverr by kally90(f): 5:56pm On Aug 01, 2017
Dcholeric:

oh ok, that may require quite a more detailed tutoring.
give me your Whatsapp number or any other medium with which we can communicate more conveniently.
Thanks I appreciate. My what's up number is 08137594201.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Fulcrum (an Action Packed Spy Thriller) / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Season 2 - You Are Cordially Invited! / Top 5 Books By Wole Soyinka: The Tale, The Story And A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.