Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian (22869 Views)

5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? / Desist From Using Ordinary Water For Hand-washing After Defecation – Unicef Warn / "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by ThisTrend(f): 12:38am On Jul 31, 2017
Nigerians have been urged to go for periodic screening, especially for colon cancer, which is said to be a huge burden on the country, as it is common among people above 40. .

The President, Society for Gastroenterology and Hepatology in Nigeria President, Prof Musa Borodo, gave this warning at a press briefing commemorating the 10th Scientific Conference and Annual General Meeting of the association in Ado Ekiti. .

Borodo warned that diseases such as colorectal cancer, liver cancer, helicobacter pyloris and other infections that occur in the gastrointestinal tract, are usually not easy to detect when looking out for signs and symptoms. .

And when the symptoms are obvious they are often too late to treat. According to him, about 10 percent of people in Nigeria are suffering from Hepatitis B – a viral infection – which he warned could lead to cancer, if not properly treated. .

“This (Hepatitis B) is something that can be prevented, if you don’t treat it, it could become cancer. So, it is a huge problem.” Borodo said it was chosen to create awareness on early detection of cancer, prevention and cure.

Borodo lamented that two cases of cancer at end stage are reported daily in the treatment centre. He advised people to take natural foods, avoid refined sugar, eat well, exercise regularly, drink clean water, visit hospitals for routine check up and stay away from smoking to avoid cancer. .

Stating some of the cause of cancer, the Chairman, Local Organising Committee for the conference, Dr. Deji Ajayi, cautioned against taking burnt boli (plantain), burnt suya and refined drinks as they could cause cancer.

Source: http://www.wobegist.com/2017/07/stay-away-from-boli-suya-they-can-cause.html

cc; lalasticlala

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by ItsJezzy(m): 1:01am On Jul 31, 2017
Hello Nairaland... Im An Undergraduate currently spending the holiday in Umuahia Abia State .. I know this may sound absurd but i hate being idle(and broke) and as such i need to find something doing for the next 3 months which can fetch me reasonable cash till my school resumes.. Any one in Umuahia that can help me with a job should please message or call me(08142845611)... Thank you

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by kocvalour(m): 1:25am On Jul 31, 2017
don't drink water

Fishes have sex in them

Nonsense

102 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by WetinConsignMe: 4:38am On Jul 31, 2017
ItsJezzy:
Hello Nairaland... Im An Undergraduate currently spending the holiday in Umuahia Abia State .. I know this may sound absurd but i hate being idle(and broke) and as such i need to find something doing for the next 3 months which can fetch me reasonable cash till my school resumes.. Any one in Umuahia that can help me with a job should please message or call me(08142845611)... Thank you

How this take consign suya? But seriously, help the poor guy with a job if u can.

As for the post, na mumu post. How come cancer never come kill all malla people.

All this talk, suya don begin hungry me now. I go now take the small money wey I get... OP thunder​ go fire your left nyash!

8 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by biz2get(m): 7:10am On Jul 31, 2017
How can Nigerians Stay Away From Suya.? Abeg cancer Come and Kill me. angry angry

Watch Yoruba Movies

4 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by u11ae1013: 7:10am On Jul 31, 2017
tell that to buhari and his zombie suppoters
Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by vizkiz: 7:10am On Jul 31, 2017
Foolish people. See ehn.... Something must kill a man. Just leave our suya alone in peace

23 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by iamnlia(m): 7:10am On Jul 31, 2017
Meat in general can cause you cancer, ever wonder why white that eat assorted meat anyhow will keep struggling with hypertension and cancer!
Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by YesNo(m): 7:10am On Jul 31, 2017
Hmmm. Suya. Una wan spoil market abi
Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 31, 2017
All the food causes cancer. Idiots

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 31, 2017
What's Life without Suya?

12 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by playcharles(m): 7:11am On Jul 31, 2017
What about roasted beans

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 31, 2017
iamnlia:
Meat in general can cause you cancer

What nonsense in general.

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by GogetterMD(m): 7:12am On Jul 31, 2017
This is nothing new, still won't stop us!
Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by Fabolousibk1(m): 7:12am On Jul 31, 2017
My favourites undecided
Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by sleek82(m): 7:12am On Jul 31, 2017
Very soon they will say we should not drink water!

5 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by ANBAKO: 7:12am On Jul 31, 2017
What!!!
So a natural food is now a cause of cancer? These people are just promoting and pushing us towards imperialism. So what should we eat? Indomie with MSG? Saccharine? Drinking Coca-Cola and beer instead of palm wine.
To me the simple rule is "too much of everything/anything is bad"

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by imijerry29(m): 7:12am On Jul 31, 2017
I dn retire from buying suya since the rumours of humans being used as suya
Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by niggi4life(m): 7:12am On Jul 31, 2017
Nothing can keep me away from the two, angry angry I still ate 1000 Naira worth of suya last night and i am definitely going go eat Boli and Groundnuts on my way back from work tongue tongue

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by mrborntodoit: 7:12am On Jul 31, 2017
The man is right !

A lot of Nigerians are sick because the local authorities don't have any plans to secure a social security system that will enable all Nigerians to visit the hospital without paying a dime .

With the actual minimum wage,70% of the masses can't afford constant medical checkup not to talk of treatment of the aforementioned diseases
Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by YesNo(m): 7:12am On Jul 31, 2017
iamnlia:
Meat in general can cause you cancer

at a point in life we begin to realize that death surrounds all of us. especially when everything we love that used to be harmless and normal starts to have negative side effects and consequence and danger attached to them

6 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by AyoSammyTunDe(m): 7:12am On Jul 31, 2017
WHERE IS OUR PRESIDENT

2 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by playcharles(m): 7:13am On Jul 31, 2017
Roasted corn unkon

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by nerilove(m): 7:13am On Jul 31, 2017
Boli kwa? I thought they said it is rich in iron. What again are we gonna be eating

2 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by modsfucker: 7:13am On Jul 31, 2017
But we should continue to eat preserved food right?
Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by BlindAngel: 7:13am On Jul 31, 2017
Jjd
Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by Atiku2019: 7:13am On Jul 31, 2017
Barbecue nko?
Re: Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian by boman2014: 7:13am On Jul 31, 2017
all this wahala

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Obaseki Goes Into Self-isolation, Sends In Samples For Testing / Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. / Woman Delivers Baby In A Keke Napep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.