Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,886 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

What Are The Hardware Needed To Start Web Hosting Reseller Business - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Are The Hardware Needed To Start Web Hosting Reseller Business (3639 Views)

Start Web Hosting Business @ N7500 Per Year !!! / Starting Your Own Bulk Sms Reseller Business / Learn Free Html And Start Web-desogn On Ur Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Hardware Needed To Start Web Hosting Reseller Business by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 09, 2010
Am a newbie, but am interested in web hosting (reseller) business so i want to know the materials needed. Thanks
Re: What Are The Hardware Needed To Start Web Hosting Reseller Business by Dokki: 6:01am On Feb 10, 2010
Men, this question vast no be small - to naswer your question directly, you need a nice server (dual or quad core) plenty of RAM (at least 4gigs) plenty of hard drive space (anything above 300gigs), operating system, bandwidth

I am just about to launch my own service however i have been working and researching this for the last 2 months believe it or not.
First and formemost you need to have business plan - what type of hosting do you want to do, there are many.
Based on your business plan you will get an idea on whether you want to be a reseller or get a dedicated server etc.
Once you have the above info you need someone to provide you with the backend services i.e. hostiing your server, providing you with your reseller plans, bandwidth, support etc.
Once you have this you then need to figure out how you plan to get customers as you need income to pay bills etc.
This is getting started in a nutshell (very small nutshell at that).

You should spend many hours on google reading researching and investigating other hosting businesses.
I will be going live in a few days, we will see how that goes.
Good luck with your plans.

D
Re: What Are The Hardware Needed To Start Web Hosting Reseller Business by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 10, 2010
Thanks Dokki, Pls i will love to see you going live so that i may learn from you. Till then, pls keep me informed.
Re: What Are The Hardware Needed To Start Web Hosting Reseller Business by DualCore1: 9:02am On Feb 10, 2010
Re: What Are The Hardware Needed To Start Web Hosting Reseller Business by Afam4eva(m): 11:27am On Feb 10, 2010
You don't need a dedicated server to be a reseller. You can get a reseller account . Find the best reseller web host companies at www.besthostlead.com . Remember that you need to have a credit card to buy a host account except you want to go for a nigerian host company. Get a credit card at http://www.graphcard.com/?rid=54748
Re: What Are The Hardware Needed To Start Web Hosting Reseller Business by Nobody: 5:16am On Feb 11, 2010
Pls, afam4eva, have you been using graphcard for internet transaction before? what about zenith bank websurfer? which one is better? kindly tell me. thanks
Re: What Are The Hardware Needed To Start Web Hosting Reseller Business by Afam4eva(m): 11:04am On Feb 11, 2010
aftatech:

Pls, afam4eva, have you been using graphcard for internet transaction before? what about zenith bank websurfer? which one is better? kindly tell me. thanks

Yes, u've been using graphcard for my internet transactions. Zenith is OK as long as the website you want to pay accepts Nigerians which is not the case with many websites. many of them don't have Nigeria as one of their billing address but with graphcard you can shop anywhere in the world.
Re: What Are The Hardware Needed To Start Web Hosting Reseller Business by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 11, 2010
Thanks for that info Afam, i appreciate it.
Re: What Are The Hardware Needed To Start Web Hosting Reseller Business by Afam4eva(m): 2:36pm On Feb 11, 2010
aftatech:

Thanks for that info Afam, i appreciate it.

You're welcome.
Re: What Are The Hardware Needed To Start Web Hosting Reseller Business by lagoshost(m): 3:16pm On Feb 11, 2010
Hello

Dont bother yourself, get a reseller account from www.lagoshost.com as low as N1,500 monthly and you are already a webhost.

If you need more information, call us on 08023611150 or just send us an email here: http://www.lagoshost.net/clients/submitticket.php/?step=2&deptid=1

Thank you,
Chibueze
Re: What Are The Hardware Needed To Start Web Hosting Reseller Business by DualCore1: 7:46pm On Feb 11, 2010
Hey fellaz.
Introducing ResellerNG.com smiley
Strictly reseller hosting, no kidding! cool
Re: What Are The Hardware Needed To Start Web Hosting Reseller Business by salviya: 6:35am On Jan 26, 2011
Try this site http://www.goresellers.com/ to get the reseller plan and also get the hosting,domain name register, domain appraisal, online file folder, ssl certificate etc,
Re: What Are The Hardware Needed To Start Web Hosting Reseller Business by georgen2u(m): 3:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
you don't have to to be a reseller. or share in peoples resources. i was in this shoes till latter i got to discover that what i was seeking was virtual on my hand
here is the tip
i got a very affordable vps server from a us company 200 Gig disk space with 7TB BWDTH. i set up my hosting accounts using some nice open source control panel and i really made it great even better than some paid control panel i mimicked cpanel i recently set one for a client here is here login panel http://login.easyhostng.com/ and at the end chop chop. i am a real web hosting company not a reseller and i do that for people at a reduced rate. seriously it worth the effort.
i also used boxbilling to setup the billing and clients support
i joined reseller club and other domain registration. believe you me its just a click. try it if you dont know how try me
( VPS Price starts from 10,000 Yearly) excluding customization and server hardening done by me

(1) (Reply)

Bloggers Drop Your URL Here And I'll Write A Review / I Need Help With Macromedia Flash Website / 7 Ways To Increase Web Traffic On A Budget.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.