Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart (14821 Views)

Here Are 27 Health And Nutrition Tips That Are Actually Based On Good Science / Health And Nutrition Tips / Foods To Avoid For A Healthy Heart (infograph) – Mamador (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by Nairalandsss(m): 1:56am On Jul 31, 2017
Protecting your heart from the attack of various diseases is very essential for your heart health. A healthy heart depends on a well-balanced diet. A balanced diet not only helps to lower the threat of heart diseases but it also keeps cancer and other life-threatening diseases at bay. Follow few tips for healthy heart in this article of ours.Restraining the calories in your food, regulating the intake of particular foods and consuming an assortment of foods are among the various nutrition tips for healthy heart. A well-balanced diet helps to reduce your blood pressure and cholesterol and thereby lowering your risk of heart disorders. Good nutrition also helps to reduce your weight in a healthy way.Sometimes even after being aware of consuming specific foods for a healthy heart, it becomes very difficult to change your habitual diet. Here are some nutrition tips for a healthy heart.

Follow these nutrition tips for a healthy heart are:

1.Fruits And Veggies: Fruits and veggies abound with minerals, vitamins and fiber and low in calories. Eating fruits and veggies is one of the best tips for healthy heart because they comprise some substances which can help avert cardiovascular diseases. In order to incorporate these in your daily diet you can make recipes which contain fruits or veggies as staple ingredients. For example, you can make vegetable or fruit salads, vegetable curries, vegetable soups, fruit custards etc.

2.Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates or carbs give energy to your body. There are 2 kinds of carbs- Good carbs(or complex carbs)and bad carbs(or simple carbs). Soda, sugar, desserts, pies, pastries, candies, cookies, white bread, white rice, white pasta and artificial syrups fall under the category of bad carbs. Bad carbs add calories to your diet instead of adding nutrients. Hence, you should avoid consuming these to lower the risk of heart diseases.

One of the most effective tips for healthy heart is consuming only good carbs. Good carbs consist of longer sugar molecule chains and your body takes more time to break them down for using them. As a result, they give more energy to your body. Good carbs include whole grains like brown breads, whole-wheat pasta. Studies say that by consuming these you can keep the threat of heart diseases at bay.

3.Whole Grains: Whole grains help control blood pressure which leads to a healthy heart. Thus, adding whole grains to your daily diet can be one of the best nutrition tips for healthy heart. Replace your refined grain foods with whole grains such as barley, brown rice, oatmeal, whole-wheat flour, whole-grain bread, quinoa, couscous etc.

Flaxseed is another good example of whole grains. They are rich in omega 3 fatty acids and fiber which can reduce your levels of blood cholesterol. Take a blender and grind some flax seeds in it. Take about one teaspoon of this powdered flax seed mixture and mix it in your recipes like in applesauce, yogurt or breakfast cereals.

4.Cut Down Your Salt Intake: Chopping down your salt intake is one of the numerous tips for healthy heart. Excess salt or excess sodium in your diet can increase your blood pressure which can lead to heart disorders. Processed or canned foods like frozen meals and soups contain excess sodium which you must avoid to keep your heart healthy. Make soups at your home so that you can reduce the salt amount. In the market you can find some salt substitutes which contain lesser amount of sodium, you can use these in place of your regular salt.

These are the nutrition tips to follow for a healthy heart.

http://www.naijabroad.com/follow-nutrition-tips-healthy-heart/

lalasticlala mynd44

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by WetinConsignMe: 4:30am On Jul 31, 2017
Bullshit
Ok, my first FTC since I join 3 days ago. But this na still mumu post. Na for pesin wey get time and money! Me, I see food, I eat am! Pesin never see food chop u dey talk carbohydrate. Carbohydrate ko carbohybus ni

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by apesinola001: 4:52am On Jul 31, 2017
OP, thanks. very informative

5 Likes

Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by AreaFada2: 4:52am On Jul 31, 2017
Cool.

More fish and little red meat.

Also ensure the veggies are of a wide variety. Colour is a lay guide. Mix carrots, spinach, broccoli, asparagus, aubergine/garden egg, red sweet pepper, tomatoes and others. Same with fruits, eat fruits of various colours. Various nutrients are responsible for the different colours they have.

But these are all more effective if physical activity is added. Even 15 to 30 minutes of aerobic exercises daily: fast walking (not always cab,
keke, bus or car) jogging, cycling, swimming, daily go a long way.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by apesinola001: 4:54am On Jul 31, 2017
thanks
Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by estyvino(m): 4:58am On Jul 31, 2017
do as you were told !!

i have spoken
Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by Nobody: 5:02am On Jul 31, 2017
Thank you
Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by Anijay1212(m): 5:04am On Jul 31, 2017
Nice tips.

1 Like

Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by Felixalex(m): 5:05am On Jul 31, 2017
Above all, put urself for God hand, make God help u make bad thing no happen to u, because even the heart doctor/nutritionist wey compile this article fit receive one kind bad news, e go get instant heart attack.

22 Likes

Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by Anijay1212(m): 5:09am On Jul 31, 2017
Felixalex:
Above all, put urself for God hand, make God help u make bad thing no happen to u, because even the heart doctor/nutritionist wey compile this article fit receive one kind bad news, e go get instant heart attack.
True talk bro.

10 Likes

Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by hopefulLandlord: 5:13am On Jul 31, 2017
Felixalex:

isn't it funny how theists, especially Christians, are so scared of death, They’re still afraid to die. They can try and make heaven seem as attractive as they wish, but I don’t see a lot of Christians, as a “Christian” thing, taking a lot of chances with their lives for the thrill of it and high risk of death and getting to go to heaven. They still find death more tragic than living even though the Bible made it clear "To die is better than to live in this miserable world of men."John 5:14; they still go to church every Sunday to pray for "Long Life"

7 Likes

Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by VickyRotex(f): 5:24am On Jul 31, 2017
Thanks Op! cool
Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by tasceige(m): 5:34am On Jul 31, 2017
Eat 1 egg per day, for adults you can avoid d intake of yolk but d egg white is good.
Encourage your exercise routine.. Accelerate your heart every morning atleast 3 times a week.. This will increase better flow of Blood to/fro d heart

Here is d logic,
Early in d morning when you start your car, you leave it warming for a while, accelerate two to three times before moving out. Same logic is applicable to the body.. Infact you will even have enough oxygen in your blood and your heart would be glad.

3 Likes

Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by BOSSYkay(f): 5:37am On Jul 31, 2017
Thanks for this educative information.
Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by hopefulLandlord: 5:37am On Jul 31, 2017
tasceige:
Exercise nko.
you eat exercises? how does it taste?

1 Like

Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by tasceige(m): 5:53am On Jul 31, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you eat exercises? how does it taste?

Perfect brother, only your body could feel the taste...

2 Likes

Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by roqrules04(m): 6:01am On Jul 31, 2017
Thanks for the Tips
Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by hopefulLandlord: 6:14am On Jul 31, 2017
tasceige:

Perfect brother, only your body could feel the taste...
my body doesn't have tongues though, you must be special
Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by MrHenshaw: 6:18am On Jul 31, 2017
WetinConsignMe:
Bullshit
Ok, my first FTC since I join 3 days ago. But this na still mumu post. Na for pesin wey get time and money! Me, I see food, I eat am! Carbohydrate ko carbohybus ni

D early you heed to the advice the better for you and your loved ones.
Don't say i did not tell you.

1 Like

Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by AyoSammyTunDe(m): 6:22am On Jul 31, 2017
WHERE IS OUR PRESIDENT

1 Like

Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by tasceige(m): 6:24am On Jul 31, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

my body doesn't have tongues though, you must be special

You don't need to have tongues for you body to feel, you have your skin already.. You must be in traffic or working night shift.
Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by tasceige(m): 6:24am On Jul 31, 2017
AyoSammyTunDe:
WHERE IS OUR PRESIDENT

Been to London

2 Likes

Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by dakeskese(m): 6:26am On Jul 31, 2017
hmmmm...
Where poor man wan see money come dey ration meal like this?
Baba God help ur children.

1 Like

Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by campbelljosh(m): 6:29am On Jul 31, 2017
Garri dey der? Cos na wetin guys dey wack since last week be that o. Na rich pple they get balanced diet biko. Eshey angry
Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by chibuzorAbia: 6:35am On Jul 31, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

isn't it funny how theists, especially Christians, are so scared of death, They’re still afraid to die. They can try and make heaven seem as attractive as they wish, but I don’t see a lot of Christians, as a “Christian” thing, taking a lot of chances with their lives for the thrill of it and high risk of death and getting to go to heaven. They still find death more tragic than living even though the Bible made it clear "To die is better than to live in this miserable world of men."John 5:14; they still go to church every Sunday to pray for "Long Life"

Abi o, those bloody hypocrites!
Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by chibuzorAbia: 6:37am On Jul 31, 2017
dakeskese:

hmmmm...

Where poor man wan see money come dey ration meal like this?

Baba God help ur children.

God punish poor man wey dey born children anyhow.
Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by WetinConsignMe: 6:38am On Jul 31, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

My broda, I be christian, but na true talk u talk
Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by WetinConsignMe: 6:43am On Jul 31, 2017
AreaFada2:
Cool.

More fish and little red meat.

Also ensure the veggies are of a wide variety. Colour is a lay guide. Mix carrots, spinach, broccoli, asparagus, aubergine/garden egg, red sweet pepper, tomatoes and others. Same with fruits, eat fruits of various colours. Various nutrients are responsible for the different colours they have.

But these are all more effective if physical activity is added. Even 15 to 30 minutes of aerobic exercises daily: fast walking (not always cab,
keke, bus or car) jogging, cycling, swimming, daily go a long way.

LWKMD. You people no go kill pesin with laf
Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by WetinConsignMe: 6:48am On Jul 31, 2017
MrHenshaw:

D early you heed to the advice the better for you and your loved ones.
Don't say i did not tell you.

My gran gran papa dey 98. E no know wetin be carbohydrate.

1 Like

Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by Atiku2019: 6:49am On Jul 31, 2017
WetinConsignMe:
Bullshit
Ok, my first FTC since I join 3 days ago. But this na still mumu post. Na for pesin wey get time and money! Me, I see food, I eat am! Pesin never see food chop u dey talk carbohydrate. Carbohydrate ko carbohybus ni

You don't write like a newbie here. just say it's your third moniker grin
Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by Histrings08(m): 6:50am On Jul 31, 2017
Ok
Re: Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 31, 2017
Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA / I Have A Reddish Swollen Bumps On My Penis / 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.