Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App (16952 Views)

10 Popular Android Apps You Should Uninstall Right Now / 4 Dangerous Apps You Should Uninstall / How To Root All Infinix Phones ( NOTE 3 And NOTE 3 Pro) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by stephendamsoho: 7:05am On Jul 31, 2017
Have you noticed your infinix battery which was great before has been draining in record time? it also gets hot and drains fast even when put in ultra power saving mode?

have you noticed you can't seem to switch on your hotspot and Bluetooth as they automatically switch off?

what could be responsible for this thing? a virus? battery getting weaker? it took time, energy and I was even tethering on the brink of getting rid of my note 2 till I finally found the culprit

The culprit: Babel Font

this app must've been made by some wicked set of humans cuz you'll never even suspect its responsible for it, you'll try frantically even restore factory settings to no avail

here are the app permissions being granted to the app

This app has access to:

Device & app history

Allows the app to view one or more of: information about activity on the device, which apps are running, browsing history and bookmarks

Identity

Uses one or more of: accounts on the device, profile data

Uses the device's location

Photos/Media/Files

Uses one or more of: files on the device such as images, videos, or audio, the device's external storage

Wi-Fi connection information

Allows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and names of connected Wi-Fi devices

Device ID & call information

Allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call

Other

download files without notification
close other apps
receive data from Internet

why a user is not given rights to uninstall it ? Why a font app is given permission to install apps without notification , close other apps and receive sensitive data from the device?

there are rumors that this app is actually a spyware used to send your information to China but let's not digress too much

this app comes with the phone as a "bloatware"

how to remove this system destabilising, battery draining and emotional sucker app?

find Babel Fonts in Settings - App - Babel Fonts, and then uninstall it. it'll ask if you want to go back to default font app by uninstalling update, kindly confirm it

then reboot your phone and you'll notice your hotspot and Bluetooth can now turn on AND your battery lasts longer

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by RedDistrict: 9:34am On Jul 31, 2017
Thanks op, good info

1 Like

Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by grinface98(m): 10:12am On Jul 31, 2017
Thanks for the enlightenment jare. That app is really useless. It made me sell my Infinix Hot 2 when the battery couldn't take me up to 2hours of usage.
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by THUNDAR(m): 11:10am On Jul 31, 2017
Babel Font not on My device

1 Like

Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by shedy03(m): 11:13am On Jul 31, 2017
THUNDAR:
Babel Font not on My device

I think its a system app, look for it under system apps.
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by THUNDAR(m): 11:28am On Jul 31, 2017
shedy03:

I think its a system app, look for it under system apps.

Dude this is android version 7 Nougat

And the label says ALL APPS
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by Omuka: 12:14pm On Jul 31, 2017
Op thumb up for you. I encountered the same problem when i updated the application. My battery was draining fast and it forced me to factory reset my phone, alas i still installed the application on my phone. It took me some months before i could figure out that the application was the one draining my battery.
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by ayusco85(m): 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2017
It's not in mine.
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by xanie: 1:15pm On Jul 31, 2017
if you ever have that screen overlay detected, when you try to allow storage permission just know Babel Fonts is the culprit.
I noticed on devices after hot 4 Pro, the app doesn't come pre-installed.
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by KingofDenero(m): 1:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
Nigerian used Infinix Note 3 for Sale @ 40k negotiable.Very neat. Contact 07086618886 for pics
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by Megt90(m): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2017
stephendamsoho:
Have you noticed your infinix battery which was great before has been draining in record time? it also gets hot and drains fast even when put in ultra power saving mode?

have you noticed you can't seem to switch on your hotspot and Bluetooth as they automatically switch off?

what could be responsible for this thing? a virus? battery getting weaker? it took time, energy and I was even tethering on the brink of getting rid of my note 2 till I finally found the culprit

this app must've been made by some wicked set of humans cuz you'll never even suspect its responsible for it, you'll try frantically even restore factory settings to no avail

This app has access to:

Device & app history

Allows the app to view one or more of: information about activity on the device, which apps are running, browsing history and bookmarks

Identity

Photos/Media/Files

Uses one or more of: files on the device such as images, videos, or audio, the device's external storage

Allows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and names of connected Wi-Fi devices

Allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call

Other

close other apps

why a user is not given rights to uninstall it ? Why a font app is given permission to install apps without notification , close other apps and receive sensitive data from the device?

there are rumors that this app is actually a spyware used to send your information to China but let's not digress too much

how to remove this system destabilising, battery draining and emotional sucker app?

find Babel Fonts in Settings - App - Babel Fonts, and then uninstall it. it'll ask if you want to go back to default font app by uninstalling update, kindly confirm it

then reboot your phone and you'll notice your hotspot and Bluetooth can now turn on AND your battery lasts longer

Bros you are easily the man of the year!!! I swear I have been contemplating on how to flash my phone since Feb cos of Bluetooth and Hotspot Inactivity, I never knew it was this app. I just forcefully stopped it and also disabled it on my device now as instructed and my phone is back to normal. Kudos.

1 Like

Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by madgoat(m): 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2017
stephendamsoho:

This app has access to:

Device & app history

Identity

Photos/Media/Files

Other

close other apps

OP, u are very right. I had issues with my Hotspot some months ago and it wasnt until when i uninstalled updates for that useless babel fonts and also reset app preferences before my Hotspot normalized. That babel fonts need to be worked on and the bugs removed.

1 Like

Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by Techpaded(f): 2:38pm On Jul 31, 2017
the name says it all
#Babel, meaning destruction

3 Likes

Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by Onyenna(m): 3:24pm On Jul 31, 2017
Techpaded:
the name says it all
#Babel, meaning destruction

...and the "Babel" app also confused the phone...."Tower of Babel"...

Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by bobo65(m): 3:33pm On Jul 31, 2017
This should get to front page

Mynd44 dragnet
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by kennykendo(m): 3:42pm On Jul 31, 2017
kudos bro, yeah that app always downloaded an app called notification,

and it depleted my battery, sucked my data subscription, lagged my device, downloaded an apk app and saved on my memory card called rlk framework.

I have long uninstalled the updates and now my device is better..
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by shedy03(m): 3:44pm On Jul 31, 2017
THUNDAR:

Dude this is android version 7 Nougat

And the label says ALL APPS
OS version doesn't matter. Click on the 3dots at top right corner to see "show system", select it.

2 Likes

Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by jhybosky(m): 3:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
help..I can't uninstall my babel fonts o..infact I don't see it under settings/apps ..its when I enter playstore nd check my installed apps from there that's where I see it..how do i uninstalled it
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by jhybosky(m): 3:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
stephendamsoho:

This app has access to:

Device & app history

Identity

Photos/Media/Files

Other

close other apps

help..I can't uninstall my babel fonts o..infact I don't see it under settings/apps ..its when I enter playstore nd check my installed apps from there that's where I see it..how do i uninstalled it
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by jhybosky(m): 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2017
xanie:
if you ever have that screen overlay detected, when you try to allow storage permission just know Babel Fonts is the culprit.
I noticed on devices after hot 4 Pro, the app doesn't come pre-installed.
I use hot4pro
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by Omuka: 4:07pm On Jul 31, 2017
jhybosky:

I use hot4pro
don't worry there is no problem for it being there, they only problem is that you should not update it.
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by Hash86(m): 4:23pm On Jul 31, 2017
I couldn't un installed it. I can only un install it updates.
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by Idydarling(f): 4:42pm On Jul 31, 2017
I'm not using infinix, but tecno L5, my phone is having the same problem u listed, is there any other hidden babel app I should know about? The phone is only 2months
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by Wyseo(m): 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2017
can u swap with infinix hot 3 + 20k
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by ebukah: 5:44pm On Jul 31, 2017
Thank you for this important info..... FP material
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by Etumgbe(m): 6:02pm On Jul 31, 2017
lalasticlala oya move this topic to the promise land.

The topic make sense die
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by TappGroupNG: 6:14pm On Jul 31, 2017
Lol. Abeg
I like my l9 jejely
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by ITbomb(m): 7:38pm On Jul 31, 2017
Good
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by Bahddo(m): 7:39pm On Jul 31, 2017
You are right! It took me more than 3 months, 4 factory resets and a ruined sdcard to realise it was that stupid app all along.

Problem was, the moment I reset, I'd gradually start updating my apps... And a few weeks later we are back to square one.
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by donMIG(m): 7:52pm On Jul 31, 2017
I am married 2 my infinix h0t n0te...we will celebrate 0ur 2years anniversary by September
Luv u
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by THUNDAR(m): 7:56pm On Jul 31, 2017
shedy03:

OS version doesn't matter. Click on the 3dots at top right corner to see "show system", select it.

Still not there
Re: All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App by henry007(m): 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
Successfully uninstalled babel fonts. Just "uninstall updates" and use "force stop", the app would disappear. You can restart your phone afterwards.

My phone is good to go now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iof6iLZr63s&t=14s&index=1&list=PLt45CEXp_Z4TkxdNZ7-nKqjlNr86N4UOe

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need Help With My Opera Mini 4.2 Multi / Please How Can I Migrate From MTN Pulse To Beta Talk / Glo Night Plan Subscription Codes (1gb For N100, 500mb For N50 And More)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.