Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

The Hypocrisy Of Tonye Barcanista On Ikwerre Vs Okrika On PHC. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hypocrisy Of Tonye Barcanista On Ikwerre Vs Okrika On PHC. (2688 Views)

4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista / Tonye Cole: Biography, Net Worth, Wife, Children, Governorship Aspirant Rivers / Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Tonye Barcanista On Ikwerre Vs Okrika On PHC. by darfay: 11:46pm On Jul 31, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
I read with dismay but not disappointment (because this is not his first time of shifting goal post during a match) the piece written by TonyeBarcanista on the Ikwerre Vs Okrika PHC tussle.
In the piece, I saw TonyeBarcanista making reference to judgements of the Supreme court, the African court and presumably the privy council (appeal court).
It should be noted that law is law and judgements are judgements regardless of whoever the losing side is.
While I respect and would not dispute the judgements (am a Yoruba boy and PHC is none of my business), I would like to ask TonyeBarcanista some salient questions.

1. Why would he (and probably most Ijaws) respect the judgements of the Supreme court and Privy council on the PHC tussle but refused to do same on the Warri (Supreme court and Privy council has ruled that Ijaws don't own a single plot of land in Warri)?

2. Are court judgements two sides​ of a coin that should always be respected when it favours TonyeBarcanista and Ijaws but disrespected and scorned at when it doesn't favour them?

3. If the Ijaws are not going to respect the judgements of Supreme court on Warri ownership why should the Ikwerre do so in PHC?

The​ above questions are posited on the past comments of TonyeBarcanista and Ijaws on Nairaland that they would not respect the Supreme court and Privy council judgements on Warri ownership because they believed it was a "One sided judgement".

https://www.nairaland.com/3955926/phc-how-ikwerre-people-rivers

Y not mind your business you this Afonja ewedu idi.ot that's how you were contesting the ownership of warri the other day now today it's port Harcourt. What exactly is your problem with south south. Yoruba people sef ehn
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Tonye Barcanista On Ikwerre Vs Okrika On PHC. by mancanoe: 3:27am On Aug 01, 2017
Which day did ijo people start to live on land, the original ijo i know as in the real ijo lives on top of water, why should they be claiming other peoples land?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Tonye Barcanista On Ikwerre Vs Okrika On PHC. by nextdoor84(m): 5:58am On Aug 01, 2017
pazienza:
OP, I hope you are not Igbo. Please if you are, I'd suggest and plead you let Ikwerre and Ijaws sort themselves out in peace.
I'm sure Ikwerres don't mind giving out PH LGA to Ijaws in the spirit of Niger Delta and "Rivers men" brotherhood, they still have OBALGA .
When a man fights with his wife, and you try to intrude, they would both use you as a common ground to negotiate their peace.

We(Ndiigbo) stand to profit more, if we stay off this Ikwerre-Ijaw matter .

Can we just stay off it, bikonu.

Pazienza, I am not impressed with your submission!!
Collectively, all igboid groups should protect PH!!
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Tonye Barcanista On Ikwerre Vs Okrika On PHC. by pazienza(m): 6:57am On Aug 01, 2017
nextdoor84:

Pazienza, I am not impressed with your submission!!
Collectively, all igboid groups should protect PH!!

True! They should do so, if they can.
I never said they shouldn't.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Tonye Barcanista On Ikwerre Vs Okrika On PHC. by cumbak60: 7:16am On Aug 01, 2017
pazienza:

True! They should do so, if they can.
I never said they shouldn't.
So many Ikwerres are coming out to question this Bini migration theory. I have come across some who are questioning the rationality using facts, like language, culture and owo/ofo na ogwu. Only time will tell when the truth will be bare for all to see. Meanwhile, did you see the video NK was asking some Ikwerre delegation in Obigbo if they are Bini people? Their answer was a resounding no. Mind you, these were Ikwerre chiefs and elders.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Tonye Barcanista On Ikwerre Vs Okrika On PHC. by pazienza(m): 7:29am On Aug 01, 2017
cumbak60:

So many Ikwerres are coming out to question this Bini migration theory. I have come across some who are questioning the rationality using facts, like language, culture and owo/ofo na ogwu. Only time will tell when the truth will be bare for all to see. Meanwhile, did you see the video NK was asking some Ikwerre delegation in Obigbo if they are Bini people? Their answer was a resounding no. Mind you, these were Ikwerre chiefs and elders.

Ikwerre mainstream is pro Bini and violently anti Igbo.

There are few Igbophilic ones, but when the chips are down, they will be drowned by the majority Igbophobic ones.

We should treat Ikwerre as we would treat any non Igbo group, to be safe.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Finally, Dino Melaye Meets His Nemesis / This Is How The Modern World Deals With Protests - See Photos / 2019: Count On Our Support, Enugu East Urban, Ibagwa, Ani Community To Ugwuanyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.