Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,409 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men (26326 Views)

How Do Broke Men Get Laid / Why Do Broke Men Always Get Triggered By This? / Say No To Broke Men, Ladies Be Smart! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by cameeeeel(m): 2:11pm On Jul 31, 2017
Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by cameeeeel(m): 2:11pm On Jul 31, 2017
some dudes will say women like comfortability.. but i only ask them dis question "don't you ever imagine goin out with bae sitting in front of your car"
Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by SalJay(m): 2:14pm On Jul 31, 2017
I don't usually see ur post, I now believe in the saying that "" Those who know much talk less".
Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by BluntBoy(m): 2:15pm On Jul 31, 2017
rheether:
Seriously who wants to date a broke guy? Do you even love yourself when you are broke? It's not our fault. Stick to your class.

I hope you are not broke yourself because guys have changed now. In my circle of friends, no one is dating broke girls. They call them awon elebi (hungry ones). One of my friends left a girl as soon as she told him she was still in the university. He wants a working class woman who is earning over a 100k.

7 Likes

Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by brightalo17: 2:16pm On Jul 31, 2017
Mariinee:
Who is your nigger? grin
You know you're my Nigger na grin grin abeg I wan suck milk do you have ?
Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by RandyX: 2:23pm On Jul 31, 2017
BluntBoy:

OP, do you mean broke or poor? Because I am sometimes broke. If you work on contract like me, you will understand that being broke does not mean poor.
Broke (Temporarily out of funds).
Poor (the state of being out of funds).
What we call poor is people who are always broke. People can not usually tell the difference because they assume broke people are poor. A Poor person doesn't have the capacity to make enough money to cater for his needs (usually from their mindset, but physical deficiencies can also contribute). However, a broke person has the ability but just doesn't have the resource or opportunity at a given time. If that is the case, then no one is really ever poor except they choose to feel so or simply can't convert resources and opportunities due to some physical or mental impairment that prevents them from using their skills. The post addresses those who still have the ability (Broke).

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 31, 2017
brightalo17:
You know you're my Nigger na grin grin abeg I wan suck milk do you have ?
Goan buy milk nah undecided
Iyamm a niggress tongue
Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
Mariinee:
EgunMogajicheesy
This moniker gives me orgasm Iswr cool
Oh glam bajewink

Ose iya mi, thank you much.

Have a nice day.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
rheether:
Seriously who wants to date a broke guy? Do you even love yourself when you are broke? It's not our fault. Stick to your class.
ok u are attractive so i wont say anything cheesy
Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 31, 2017
majorbravo:
Guys, if you are conversant with the life cycle of a lady from low-income background, you would usually find a mother dragging her daughter's ears, warning her sternly, not to marry a poor man like her father (the mother's husband). You would hear words like "I married for love, look where it landed me, we are all suffering, all the beauty of my youth wasted on this nonentity of a man. My daughter don't make the same mistakes I have made, leave that useless boy today and marry a rich man". What you find afterwards, is a girl confused and haunted by the words of her mother and the memories of the hard life they have lived.

From the analogy above, many would be quick to judge the father as a useless man who couldn't fend for his family. Some men would call the mother wicked for asking her daughter to be a gold digger, others may choose to support the mother and urge the daughter to keep to the advice. Well who is right? at the end of this post I would give my verdict.

Most of our ladies face this dilemma in our world today, especially in African countries. However, the truth is, the mother has told the truth about their situation, but she hasn't thrown enough light on the context to properly enlighten her daughter in a way that can be deemed appropriate for a good life.

However, this is an eye opener to men who are still in the dark. The women are light years ahead of you in philosophical thinking though they may not appropriately communicate what has happened in a way you consider ideal reasoning. In order to deal with a woman, you must first of all understand they are wired differently from us men.

While a man is most likely going to be a realist, women are mostly fantasists. They are controlled 70% by emotion and 30% by fact, while the reverse is the case for men. If you doubt me, Observe a scenario of two people preparing to go to the post office (or any area where other people would likely be). Ask a woman why she put on the dress she's wearing and she will tell most likely say something like 'she wants to feel beautiful'. On the other hand, a man would probably just say: "I just saw this hanging on my wardrobe and wore it cos I have to wear something to cover myself". Notice, the man doesn't really have a reason for his color choices or design patterns. While the woman does, and this is usually because she desires some sort of validation from on-lookers. The benefit is what she gets(in this example, admiration). Whereas the man is more protective of what he already has(covering up).

This also affects how we make money, While most men choose to make money to improve their ability to protect themselves and those they love (eg a House to shelter them, Car for transiting his family, Bills for wellbeing), Women mostly require money to improve themselves and stand out (eg Gold jewelry to appear brighter, brazillian weaves and designer apparels to appear larger than life, get invited into big parties and road shows, even when a woman acquires a car, she does so for the prestige, don't be surprised when she hardly ever drives it herself but commissions her partner or a hired professional to take her around in it).

Now, what does all of this analysis above mean? Men, we appear to have been the dummies all along, we make sacrifices and put the needs of everyone else ahead of ours, we work so hard, save so much money in anticipation of a tough situation which everyone else looks up to us to solve, but never for once think about being as self-concerned as our female counterparts. Even when we spend money on ourselves, we do it in order to improve our ability to be of service to others. We hang out with a woman whom we protect from the elements by ensuring we have a car and/or umbrella handy. We open doors for her, pull out her chair so that she is comfortable, we crack jokes just to make her laugh, we also pay for the meals both of us enjoyed, we offer to take her home and we do not leave till we are sure she is safe, we then smile to ourselves feeling fulfilled, but what do they offers us? sex is evenly enjoyed by both partners, a woman will never have sex with a man she derives no benefit from either in the act itself or in exchange for some other good. So what does she really give?

This is why women don't date broke men but we date broke women, the women are the wise ones, choosing only to engage with people who benefit them. We on the other hand, choose people we have the capacity to help.

Now back to the scenario in the first paragraph. What should the mother have advised her daughter? To put it nicely, she should have asked her daughter to work on her intellect and marry a man who is cooperative but not lazy. Marriage is a two way journey, if that mother had married a man who fits this description, she would have been able to use her own self improved intellect and resourcefulness to help the man(whose natural inclination is to protect and provide) to reach the point she desired for herself and her children.

So there you have it guys, what shall you do? Shall you make all that money and look for a broke girl? in the hopes you could single handedly get her out of poverty? If you get broke in the process, how do you come out of it? The only hope you have is if she is resourceful and intelligent enough to not blame you for the situation but use everything you have invested in her becoming a better version of herself, to assist you in leading the family to greater heights. A woman has responsibilities in marriage too as well as the man, the man is an expert in protecting and providing for his family but the woman's natural instinct helps the family grow and stand out, they need to both work as a team, or neither partner would feel fulfilled. Is a broke man or lady a taboo? No, is a wise man or lady better? Yes. But in the end the choice is yours to make!

#

Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by BluntBoy(m): 2:27pm On Jul 31, 2017
RandyX:
lol i no sabi o
I like this explanation. Thank you for the time.
Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 31, 2017
I don't get it

Why do people see the world as white or black
Infact I am tired of people trying to summarize the entire world into a simple write up

I have seen ladies marrying rich men, only to lose everything after some years, and I have also seen ladies marrying broke guys who then grow financially together

There lots of different senerios

Thus, my point is "not every thing always appear the way it seems"
The world is not that simple

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 31, 2017
Who no like better thing? Abeg raise your hand grin
Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 31, 2017
ItalianWine:
Do broke guys still have an erection?

Only the thought of an empty bank account should just wilt down any protuding urge
grin grin
na where u hear dat quote? cheesy
Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2017
sunshineG:
I don't get it

Why do people see the world as white or black
Infact I am tired of people trying to summarize the entire world into a simple write up

I have seen ladies marrying rich men, only to lose everything after some years, and I have also seen ladies marrying broke guys who then grow financially together

There lots of different senerios

Thus, my point is "not every thing always appear the way it seems"
The world is not that simple
brokey is d trending thing now on nl cheesy.quickest way to get noticed cheesy
Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by majorbravo: 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2017
BluntBoy:

OP, do you mean broke or poor? Because I am sometimes broke. If you work on contract like me, you will understand that being broke does not mean poor.

RandyX:

Broke (Temporarily out of funds).
Poor (the state of being out of funds).
What we call poor is people who are always broke. People can not usually tell the difference because they assume broke people are poor. A Poor person doesn't have the capacity to make enough money to cater for his needs (usually from their mindset, but physical deficiencies can also contribute). However, a broke person has the ability but just doesn't have the resource or opportunity at a given time. If that is the case, then no one is really ever poor except they choose to feel so or simply can't convert resources and opportunities due to some physical or mental impairment that prevents them from using their skills. The post addresses those who still have the ability (Broke).

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by KKKWHITE(m): 2:35pm On Jul 31, 2017
the irony about it is that all girls want to date a rich guy and only few guys are rich meaning some girls will be left out and probably still be single at 40 to 45 or settle for a broke guy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 31, 2017
lefulefu:

brokey is d trending thing now on nl cheesy.quickest way to get noticed cheesy
grin grin
My boss na so

which ever side you choose to support (the broke guy or the ladies ) you are guaranteed some limelight

So let us see how this plays out grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by NigelCundy: 2:37pm On Jul 31, 2017
anyebedgreat:
Men are meant to be rich and successful. Women are meant to be pretty and classy. That's how nature designed it. The way you drool when you see a pretty woman is the same way women feel about successful men. So guys should strive to be successful and stop hating when women express their natural opinion. As a matter of fact, we are working on a bill to prohibit broke guys from having sex. They should use that energy to hustle.
Where did you plug your sense??

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by LordIsaac(m): 2:37pm On Jul 31, 2017
majorbravo:
Guys, if you are conversant with the life cycle of a lady from low-income background, you would usually find a mother dragging her daughter's ears, warning her sternly, not to marry a poor man like her father (the mother's husband). You would hear words like "I married for love, look where it landed me, we are all suffering, all the beauty of my youth wasted on this nonentity of a man. My daughter don't make the same mistakes I have made, leave that useless boy today and marry a rich man". What you find afterwards, is a girl confused and haunted by the words of her mother and the memories of the hard life they have lived.

From the analogy above, many would be quick to judge the father as a useless man who couldn't fend for his family. Some men would call the mother wicked for asking her daughter to be a gold digger, others may choose to support the mother and urge the daughter to keep to the advice. Well who is right? at the end of this post I would give my verdict.

Most of our ladies face this dilemma in our world today, especially in African countries. However, the truth is, the mother has told the truth about their situation, but she hasn't thrown enough light on the context to properly enlighten her daughter in a way that can be deemed appropriate for a good life.

However, this is an eye opener to men who are still in the dark. The women are light years ahead of you in philosophical thinking though they may not appropriately communicate what has happened in a way you consider ideal reasoning. In order to deal with a woman, you must first of all understand they are wired differently from us men.

While a man is most likely going to be a realist, women are mostly fantasists. They are controlled 70% by emotion and 30% by fact, while the reverse is the case for men. If you doubt me, Observe a scenario of two people preparing to go to the post office (or any area where other people would likely be). Ask a woman why she put on the dress she's wearing and she will tell most likely say something like 'she wants to feel beautiful'. On the other hand, a man would probably just say: "I just saw this hanging on my wardrobe and wore it cos I have to wear something to cover myself". Notice, the man doesn't really have a reason for his color choices or design patterns. While the woman does, and this is usually because she desires some sort of validation from on-lookers. The benefit is what she gets(in this example, admiration). Whereas the man is more protective of what he already has(covering up).

This also affects how we make money, While most men choose to make money to improve their ability to protect themselves and those they love (eg a House to shelter them, Car for transiting his family, Bills for wellbeing), Women mostly require money to improve themselves and stand out (eg Gold jewelry to appear brighter, brazillian weaves and designer apparels to appear larger than life, get invited into big parties and road shows, even when a woman acquires a car, she does so for the prestige, don't be surprised when she hardly ever drives it herself but commissions her partner or a hired professional to take her around in it).

Now, what does all of this analysis above mean? Men, we appear to have been the dummies all along, we make sacrifices and put the needs of everyone else ahead of ours, we work so hard, save so much money in anticipation of a tough situation which everyone else looks up to us to solve, but never for once think about being as self-concerned as our female counterparts. Even when we spend money on ourselves, we do it in order to improve our ability to be of service to others. We hang out with a woman whom we protect from the elements by ensuring we have a car and/or umbrella handy. We open doors for her, pull out her chair so that she is comfortable, we crack jokes just to make her laugh, we also pay for the meals both of us enjoyed, we offer to take her home and we do not leave till we are sure she is safe, we then smile to ourselves feeling fulfilled, but what do they offers us? sex is evenly enjoyed by both partners, a woman will never have sex with a man she derives no benefit from either in the act itself or in exchange for some other good. So what does she really give?

This is why women don't date broke men but we date broke women, the women are the wise ones, choosing only to engage with people who benefit them. We on the other hand, choose people we have the capacity to help.

Now back to the scenario in the first paragraph. What should the mother have advised her daughter? To put it nicely, she should have asked her daughter to work on her intellect and marry a man who is cooperative but not lazy. Marriage is a two way journey, if that mother had married a man who fits this description, she would have been able to use her own self improved intellect and resourcefulness to help the man(whose natural inclination is to protect and provide) to reach the point she desired for herself and her children.

So there you have it guys, what shall you do? Shall you make all that money and look for a broke girl? in the hopes you could single handedly get her out of poverty? If you get broke in the process, how do you come out of it? The only hope you have is if she is resourceful and intelligent enough to not blame you for the situation but use everything you have invested in her becoming a better version of herself, to assist you in leading the family to greater heights. A woman has responsibilities in marriage too as well as the man, the man is an expert in protecting and providing for his family but the woman's natural instinct helps the family grow and stand out, they need to both work as a team, or neither partner would feel fulfilled. Is a broke man or lady a taboo? No, is a wise man or lady better? Yes. But in the end the choice is yours to make!

#
This is logical...in every sense of the word. Kudos OP!

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by adetayo234: 2:39pm On Jul 31, 2017
rheether:

Believe me, no sensible guy will want to date a broke girl that will become a liability
Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by Musharraf: 2:40pm On Jul 31, 2017
TINALETC3:
Op, u ar so right bt, I jst tank God I no Wat I wnt unlike most confused ladies out dere, even my mum cnt choose 4 me. My guy didn't even hv a bank account wen I met hm, he ws so cashless bt tank God 4 d level he is now, dere ar tins one shud luk up 2 first nt money

God will bless you
Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by adetayo234: 2:47pm On Jul 31, 2017
TrollTrap:
Cos even women sef want to be comfortable na

They want to be comfortable, but don't want to work for it
Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by dexterautonomy(m): 2:50pm On Jul 31, 2017
rheether:
I hope you ain't broke, cos no guy would want to date you as well..

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by dexterautonomy(m): 2:53pm On Jul 31, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
grin
I swear not to date a brokeazz and lazy MF again...
Juz thinking of that guy i wanna throw up angry
You have a point, but, how hardworking are you and what skills do you possess? Lest I forget, are you broke or not??
Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by Izen: 2:56pm On Jul 31, 2017
emperorchedda:
We really don't have a problem about whom they choose to date, after all, it's their standard. But the problem is WHAT CAN THEY OFFER?? SEX (which is enjoyed evenly)

You want a man that can afford luxuries yet you bring absolutely NOTHING to the table. You call a man broke because he can't afford something even you cant afford, dont you think you are also BROKE as hell??

When a man meets a lady who is financially above him then he has no right whatsoever to call get angry when called broke, however, when girl who asks a man for money open her mouth to call him broke I think Amadioha is close to falling on her. Especially the ones that asks for what their fathers can't afford

From your entire comment the only thing a woman brings to the table is sex shey? I wonder why NL guys get angry when ladies say they can't cook, clean, wash, or birth & take care of kids, etc. I mean if those are not things being brought to the table, then why so serious?
Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by scholesbaba(m): 3:02pm On Jul 31, 2017
rheether:
........ But this post pain this girl oo..... Chaii

1 Like

Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by Anusiemgood(m): 3:03pm On Jul 31, 2017
TINALETC3:
Op, u ar so right bt, I jst tank God I no Wat I wnt unlike most confused ladies out dere, even my mum cnt choose 4 me. My guy didn't even hv a bank account wen I met hm, he ws so cashless bt tank God 4 d level he is now, dere ar tins one shud luk up 2 first nt money
NNE.May God bless your courage.. it shall turn into a testimony for believing and standing on the truth
Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by Okies27(m): 3:07pm On Jul 31, 2017
Everybody should hustle. Even guys right now are scared of having broke parasitic girlfriends. Boyfriend money no be girlfriend own.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by tamquezee(m): 3:36pm On Jul 31, 2017
Kudos OP, I enjoyed ur piece most especially your analytical prowess. I once ask my Ex, 'apart from opening your legs what else do u contribute to my life in this relationship'? I thought that will be the end of the relationship but this babe came back remorsefully, cried and begged me to continue to love her. With her cries and her remorseful way she approach my rather derogatory and offensive comment, I have to apologized to her again loved her more

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by idu1(m): 3:41pm On Jul 31, 2017
I can't date broke girls either.

I hate the shiit when someone pestering me with her own problems.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Women Don't Date Broke Men by iamdapsyj(m): 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2017
TINALETC3:

Chaii!! See wisdom here. Only few women can decode this wisdom. U must be a true Christian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If U Were To Date A Nairalander For A Day(sex Inclusive) Who Would He/she Be? / Nairaland Best Couple Of The Month (Picture) / Non- Nigerian Women What Do You Really Think Of Nigerian Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.