Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened (105023 Views)

My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 31, 2017
Good day fellow NL,

Please judge this case. Last week thursday my sister inlaw visited me and my wife from NYSC camp. I was shocked when I welcomed her because it was no ordinary visit. she came with a full ghana must go. We greeted and I got to know that she escaped from camp due to the tough tasks on camp. My wife never told me her sister was coming to stay. We have lived amicably till yesterday.

My lil cuzin that stays and helps us with chores was mandated by her to cook 2 big pots of water for her to bath. I scolded my cousin and told her why didnt she use the electric kettle so as to save gas which we just replaced with 6k. I now gave her a warning that whatever my inlaw wants that she should ask me 1st. I even got to know that my wife lied to me that her parents knew she left camp. My wife heard our conversation and started antagonizing me that why did I tell my cuz to always ask me b4 she obeys her sister. she was shouting at the top of her voice even my inlaw could hear. This angered me and I shouted back and told her to leave my room. she continued shouting and even slept in the sitting room as I slept alone.

This afternoon while working on my computer for hours I came out of the room only to find out my sister in law has packed her things back to her NYSC camp without telling me but my wife knows....I am slatted to officially do my white wedding next saturday. I just feel down because we quarell too much and my wife talks in a domineering way. I have warned her about it and I do not want to turn a woman beater. Any quarell we have she tells her parents and siblings which make them never free with me and act cold towards me. Damn it! pls advice me

103 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by yomi007k(m): 3:33pm On Jul 31, 2017
shocked

Ur in trouble o.

The bond between she n her family is stronger dan d one between the 2 of u.

662 Likes 35 Shares

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Gourdoinc(m): 3:42pm On Jul 31, 2017
when you marry her, manage her till she gives you the kids you want, then if her character hasn't improved, fall out of love with her and whatever she does again will never bother you no more. woman can only bother you as long as ur in love with her

211 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by coolcatty: 4:06pm On Jul 31, 2017
U need to stamp your feet down.... Personally I will advise you to halt the wedding plans for now... The woman in question is domineering... Insulting, I can bet she is ungrateful too and doesn't respect you... Trust me you will eventually be forced to beat her and the society will brand you a woman beater...

The signs are all there... There is no respect for you from your woman and her family.... People have been in this kind of situation and are regretting it.

Pls halt the wedding for now.

579 Likes 36 Shares

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by LivinaPatrick(f): 4:07pm On Jul 31, 2017
Nawa o,she ain't matured at all.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2017
Op is in marital soup.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 31, 2017
go for counseling together and ensure she changes her domineering ways before you tie the knot.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 31, 2017
OP, you are mean

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Zilifish: 4:24pm On Jul 31, 2017
Ah eleyi gidi gan o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by yomi007k(m): 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
coolcatty:
U need to stamp your feet down.... Personally I will advise you to halt the wedding plans for now... The woman in question is domineering... Insulting, I can bet she is ungrateful too and doesn't respect you... Trust me you will eventually be forced to beat her and the society will brand you a woman beater...

The signs are all there... There is no respect for you from your woman and her family.... People have been in this kind of situation and are regretting it.

Pls halt the wedding for now.

U spoke my mind...

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Richy4(m): 4:26pm On Jul 31, 2017
You did what u feel was right @ that moment...

Your sister inlaw was a classy young woman too I must say, she left when she was supposed to..Maybe She never knew her coming will be a problem,maybe she felt her sister will sort u out...But she got it wrong.. Some ladies would have stayed even when they knew they were not welcomed..

If u have a younger bro, or Sis, just expect a cold welcome from your wife anytime they step into your house..it will never be forgotten...

U mistakenly broke an unwritten code that most women held with high esteem especially from the Eastern part of Nigeria....They always want to show that they are comfortable in their husband's house and their relatives are welcome to stay for sometime..I guess that was why she was mad @ u

Just say u were sorry bro.. with a peace offering like earring, or perfume etc.

256 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Zilifish: 4:28pm On Jul 31, 2017
yomi007k:

U spoke my mind...

He's wedding is next week na how can he just opt out

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by yomi007k(m): 4:31pm On Jul 31, 2017
Zilifish:

He's wedding is next week na how can he just opt out

So u prefer dey get married n later get a divorce?

I don't concur. If it was me, I wud postpone the wedding.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Jahblessme: 4:32pm On Jul 31, 2017
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Gosh!! where do i start from What kind of local story is this?

1. Your wife should have discussed with you first before her sister visited you both-she was very wrong but everything after that made you look so petty.You were counting water used to bathe and asking your cousin helper to report to you first? If she wants to eat eggs will that also be reported to you?Do you also measure yam with ruler in your house?
Your actions have sown a very bad seed - belittling your SIL & your wife.I do not blame your wife for being very angry but she should have cooled off first and expressed her annoyance to you without flaring up.

Just a quick question OP,if your sister visits and your wife tells your little cousin to report to her first before doing anything she asks for nko?How would that sit with you?Just know your wife will never forget,be ready for your siblings to recieve the same hot soup grin

Yes,you should have been told before her sis landed ,but the deed had already been done.You should have controlled yourself instead of acting like a miserable being.What did your SIL do wrong?she probably thought she was coming to visit human beings who would treat her well not knowing her husband is a hot water measurer
Best approach would have been to discuss the issue with your spouse quietly.See disgrace! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Your wife raised her voice,you raised your own too,asked her to leave your room.'Yoour Room'??!!! i thought you both are married? I cant even believe what i'm reading here.
In the same sentence you talked about not wanting to be a woman beater.I do not see any reason why beating should come into this abi you normally beat or you were raised by a beater?Violence should not be an option.ah ahhh!!!

Both of you displayed shameful behavior and i don't blame your SIL for leaving,you disgraced her infront of your cousin helper,you disgraced your wife,your wife as disgraced you & you have made her feel unwelcome. Tueh
She will go and tell the story to family members who already don't like you and you will officially enter hate list with tattered reputation.

Please do the world a favour and delay this wedding till you both learn to behave like adults.

If you want to be the leader of your home you must learn to conduct yourself with dignity and self respect.You have to lead by example.
Discussions can be had without raising of voices.If your wife starts to shout,tell her you won't listen till she calms down and addresses you like an adult.I also expect her to do the same to you.That way you both will learn to trust each other and start building your little unit,she will also stop seeing the need to tell every little deed to her family as you will become her best friend and confidante.

Normally you should be in honeymoon phase but you people are already acting like cat and dog.
Good luck o.

By the way the way you worded little cousin and 2 big pots are you trying to imply that the girl is too little to do chores in general or specifically chores for SIL? If she is little,ideally she shouldn't be in your home doing housework.

519 Likes 62 Shares

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Zilifish: 4:43pm On Jul 31, 2017
Jahblessme:

1. Your wife should have discussed with you first before her sister visited you both-she was very wrong but everything after that made you look so petty.You were counting water used to bathe and asking your cousin helper to report to you first? If she wants to eat eggs will that also be reported to you?Do you also measure yam with ruler in your house?
Your actions have sown a very bad seed - belittling your SIL & your wife.I do not blame your wife for being very angry but she should have cooled off first and expressed her annoyance to you without flaring up.

Just a quick question OP,if your sister visits and your wife tells your little cousin to report to her first before doing anything she asks for nko?How would that sit with you?Just know your wife will never forget,be ready for your siblings to recieve the same hot soup grin

Yes,you should have been told before her sis landed ,but the deed had already been done.You should have controlled yourself instead of acting like a miserable being.What did your SIL do wrong?she probably thought she was coming to visit human beings who would treat her well not knowing her husband is a hot water measurer
Best approach would have been to discuss the issue with your spouse quietly.See disgrace! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Your wife raised her voice,you raised your own too,asked her to leave your room.'Yoour Room'??!!! i thought you both are married? I cant even believe what i'm reading here.
In the same sentence you talked about not wanting to be a woman beater.I do not see any reason why beating should come into this abi you normally beat or you were raised by a beater?Violence should not be an option.ah ahhh!!!

Both of you displayed shameful behavior and i don't blame your SIL for leaving,you disgraced her infront of your cousin helper,you disgraced your wife,your wife as disgraced you & you have made her feel unwelcome. Tueh
She will go and tell the story to family members who already don't like you and you will officially enter hate list with tattered reputation.

Please do the world a favour and delay this wedding till you both learn to behave like adults.

If you want to be the leader of your home you must learn to conduct yourself with dignity and self respect.You have to lead by example.
Discussions can be had without raising of voices.If your wife starts to shout,tell her you won't listen till she calms down and addresses you like an adult.I also expect her to do the same to you.That way you both will learn to trust each other and start building your little unit,she will also stop seeing the need to tell every little deed to her family as you will become her best friend and confidante.

Normally you should be in honeymoon phase but you people are already acting like cat and dog.
Good luck o.

By the way the way you worded little cousin and 2 big pots are you trying to imply that the girl is too little to do chores in general or specifically chores for SIL? If she is little,ideally she shouldn't be in your home doing housework.

Sabi sabi. Op is somehw wrong but why should his wife start yelling and commanding him. He said he told his cousin to always consult him, he never shouted but the wife eavsdropped.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Jahblessme: 4:52pm On Jul 31, 2017
Zilifish:

Sabi sabi. Op is somehw wrong but why should his wife start yelling and commanding him. He said he told his cousin to always consult him, he never shouted but the wife eavsdropped.

Am i supposed to take the sabi sabi as insult? grin
Why should he undermine his wife in such a manner?His wife yelled,yes but where did she 'command' him?
I believe that when people get obsessed with control issues they are usually insecure.
If you are confident in yourself ,make logical decisions and act mature,you will earn and command respect without uttering a sound.

197 Likes 22 Shares

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by jashar(f): 5:12pm On Jul 31, 2017
you're not yet married.
you're living together.
your 'future sister-in-law' even had the effrontery to pack load and come stay with you guys.
her parents know you're not yet married and they let another child of theirs come and live with you.
there's a young child also living with you and getting certain impressions.
Na wa ooo...

116 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
Jahblessme:

Good luck o.

Say no more...op you both have 2work on yourselves especially on tolerance and anger management.

18 Likes

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by coolcatty: 7:07pm On Jul 31, 2017
jashar:
you're not yet married.
you're living together.
your 'future sister-in-law' even had the effrontery to pack load and come stay with you guys.
her parents know you're not yet married and they let another child of theirs come and live with you.
there's a young child also living with you and getting certain impressions.
Na wa ooo...

Dull thing.... Stop displaying you Moroniic ignorance in public and learn to read more......... Commonsense should have told you they have had their introduction and traditional marriage hence the cohabitation.

Dullina..

103 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by coolcatty: 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2017
yomi007k:

So u prefer dey get married n later get a divorce?

I don't concur. If it was me, I wud postpone the wedding.

I stake a 100bucks that op will turn to a woman beater in the next 6months....its so so glaring... The woman will turn this niggggah into a woman beater and her family will never ever have an iota of respect for the op.

Tough luck op

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by yomi007k(m): 7:23pm On Jul 31, 2017
coolcatty:

I stake a 100bucks that op will turn to a woman beater in the next 6months....its so so glaring... The woman will turn this niggggah into a woman beater and her family will never ever have an iota of respect for the op.

Tough luck op
cheesy

I stake a thousand bucks .....as in ehn...I jus pity d poor dude.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by coolcatty: 7:34pm On Jul 31, 2017
yomi007k:
cheesy

I stake a thousand bucks .....as in ehn...I jus pity d poor dude.

My brother... This is niiggah has signed away his happiness..... He will surely get married to this woman and his life will never be the same again... Never.

I pity him to be honest.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by sisisioge: 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hmmm...it's not looking good for you at all. From your SIL moving in without your prior knowledge to showing her outrightly she's not welcome... Plus everything in between. It is well o. Make una cool down.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 31, 2017
Plankton2017:

My lil cuzin that stays and helps us with chores was mandated by her to cook 2 big pots of water for her to bath. I scolded my cousin and told her why didnt she use the electric kettle so as to save gas which we just replaced with 6k. I now gave her a warning that whatever my inlaw wants that she should ask me Ist.
Truth be told, two wrongs can't make a right. You were wrong, your wife was for not telling you her sis was coming over to stay but yours was grave. C'mon! What kind of instruction was that?. Were you expecting your wife to listen to that demeaning conversation between you and your cousin and applaud you for doing so?. Oga, you're not accommodating, and the instructions you gave that little girl would affect your marriage negatively on the long run. Imagine where your wife sends the girl an errand, and you're not home. She would disobey your wife with the excuse that you said she should take orders from you on whatever your In-law wants. You sowed the wrong seed in that child and the earlier you correct that the better.

Talk to your wife about inviting a third party into your marital affairs.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by ikp120(m): 9:50pm On Jul 31, 2017
Oga leave that woman o. Delete her completely from your life. Don't say you weren't warned.

12 Likes

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by byvan03: 9:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
You are too petty , your wife lacks wisdom. This marriage go tough if una no bow out now.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by ststyreal(f): 10:55pm On Jul 31, 2017
Plankton2017:
Good day fellow NL,

Please judge this case. Last week thursday my sister inlaw visited me and my wife from NYSC camp. I was shocked when I welcomed her because it was no ordinary visit. she came with a full ghana must go. We greeted and I got to know that she escaped from camp due to the tough tasks on camp. My wife never told me her sister was coming to stay. We have lived amicably till yesterday.

My lil cuzin that stays and helps us with chores was mandated by her to cook 2 big pots of water for her to bath. I scolded my cousin and told her why didnt she use the electric kettle so as to save gas which we just replaced with 6k. I now gave her a warning that whatever my inlaw wants that she should ask me 1st. I even got to know that my wife lied to me that her parents knew she left camp. My wife heard our conversation and started antagonizing me that why did I tell my cuz to always ask me b4 she obeys her sister. she was shouting at the top of her voice even my inlaw could hear. This angered me and I shouted back and told her to leave my room. she continued shouting and even slept in the sitting room as I slept alone.

This afternoon while working on my computer for hours I came out of the room only to find out my sister in law has packed her things back to her NYSC camp without telling me but my wife knows....I am slatted to officially do my white wedding next saturday. I just feel down because we quarell too much and my wife talks in a domineering way. I have warned her about it and I do not want to turn a woman beater. Any quarell we have she tells her parents and siblings which make them never free with me and act cold towards me. Damn it! pls advice me
If I were to be your wife, marriage don end be that. You are too womanish, habaaaa kilode! Person no fit come your house in peace. @Op you are too stingy and a nagger at the same time, complaining of gas because of common water, na waoooooo.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by yomi007k(m): 11:23pm On Jul 31, 2017
ststyreal:

If I were to be your wife, marriage don end be that. You are too womanish, habaaaa kilode! Person no fit come your house in peace. @Op you are too stingy and a nagger at the same time, complaining of gas because of common water, na waoooooo.
undecided

Its obvious u dont work for money or pay bills....its actually better to be stingy than to be poor.

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by ststyreal(f): 11:33pm On Jul 31, 2017
yomi007k:
undecided

Its obvious u dont work for money or pay bills....its actually better to be stingy than to be poor.
How can you be rich when you are stingy? Remember the law of wealth! This is her first time of requesting for boiled hot water, not as if she has been doing it regularly, why not give her the benefit of the doubt by watching her first before issuing out instruction to his cousin. Anyway yomi, bobo yii stingy walahiiii, mi oooo pa iro or, he just want to show his resentment towards his in-laws visit.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by yomi007k(m): 11:38pm On Jul 31, 2017
ststyreal:

How can you be rich when you are stingy? Remember the law of wealth! This is her first time of requesting for boiled hot water, not as if she has been doing it regularly, why not give her the benefit of the doubt by watching her first before issuing out instruction to his cousin. Anyway yomi, bobo yii stingy walahiiii, mi oooo pa iro or, he just want to show his resentment towards his in-laws visit.

U jus dey talk like dt....u dont knw how much he earns, how he spends it n who he is supporting plus courtesy demands dt a guest informs d host before coming over.

Im a very disciplined guy and my friends n family knw better dan to visit me b4 informing first....im sorry but it's who i am.

....well sha God knws best.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by bukatyne(f): 11:39pm On Jul 31, 2017
byvan03:
You are too petty , your wife lacks wisdom. This marriage go tough if una no bow out now.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How You Can Use Bitter Kola For Spiritual Benefits: Knowledge That Makes A Diffe / A Wife Sent Her Hubby A Shocking Birthday Message After Beating Her Mercilessly / Man Apologizes To His Wife After Seeing Her Like This At Home (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.