Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,857 members, 7,798,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Our Pen. By Izunna I. Okafor - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Our Pen. By Izunna I. Okafor (380 Views)

Beyond Relationship. By Izunna Okafor / The Sun. By Izunna Okafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Pen. By Izunna I. Okafor by IzunnaOkafor(m): 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2017
With our pen we speak,
Not that our voice is raised at peak.
The ink out-poured by Pengicians
Appears like rays of stars in the bans of magicians

Who brought the pen to the earth
With which the men have grained and breathe
The lower ones are great at lens
Crawled before but now slate the fence

The cap of knowledge from which intellectuals tap
Flowing endlessly as it crawls around with gap
The papers obey her rule
Heeding to every drop if the blue

I blaze and graze when I smell the grains it creates
My pen my pen oh I bow in the midst if flames, thou art great.

I love my pen
I love my pen
In the midst of men,
Oh I raise my pen.

© Izunna I. Okafor 2017

About The Author :

Izunna Okafor is a multi award wining creative Young Nigerian Writer, poet, essayist, publicist and Igbo Language Activist who hails from Ebenator Nnewi South L.G.A of Anambra State Nigeria.
He has written and published many books, including novels, short stories, poems and articles both in soft and hard copies. He writes both in the Igbo and English Languages and has published in both of them.
Izunna Okafor who is also a 400 level public Administration student of Unizik has won and been nominated for various writers awards, including the NYSC Essay Competition 2012, NAPAS Essay Competition 2017 (overall winner), Nigerian Writers Award/Indigenous writer of the year 2015/2016, Society of Young Nigerian Writers Award/Pita Nwana prize for Igbo Literature 2015, Nigerian Heritage Icon Award/ Young Writer of The Year 2016, Federal Republic of Nigeria, SLAM Youth Hero International Award/Innovative Youth of the year 2016, AEYC/ Outstanding Youth of the Year 2016, Ark Foundation Quiz Competition 2016, NAPAS/ Award for Academic Excellence 2016; Inspire Award /Intellectual Youth of The Year 2017; NAPAS Academic Icon of the Year 2017, among others. He was also nominated for The Future Award Africa 2016/African Prize For Education, which is the biggest and most prestigious African Youth Award.
He belongs to and is a leader in various writers association, both at state, zonal and National level. Izunna is the Ambassador of Read Across Nigeria in Anambra State, as well as the coordinator of the Society of Young Nigerian Writers Anambra State Chapter.

(1) (Reply)

In Love With The Feeling Of Lust / New Poem Titled MOSQUITO. Enjoy! / What Do I Feel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.