Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,594 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead (47408 Views)

Shout Of Apc At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination – Oba Sikiru Adetona Who Ma / Awujale Is Not Dead, He Is Alive – Cousin Debunks Rumours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by sirbiolee(m): 10:01pm On Jul 31, 2017
cryptogene:
Wasiu Ayinde next king
him go don dey press d button now
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by Laple0541(m): 10:03pm On Jul 31, 2017
Ogbagba agbotewole oba wa,

omo anikilaya,

omo agbongbogbo kara kara loja,

omo atete gbo ologbo ninjiya,

bope titi ato ekun paje,

omo abe be joye,

omo aunleebo leyin oun lara iwaju,

omo alara, gbadamu gbadamu,

omo aniun toyinbo oni
nile,

Oyinbo oni osha,

omo ogboko gbaya....

SUN RE OOOO
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by zomby(m): 10:05pm On Jul 31, 2017
100% fake news.

The old man is chilling in Lagos.
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by zomby(m): 10:06pm On Jul 31, 2017
Its time for the admins to remove this fake news...
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by hibee4uall(m): 10:12pm On Jul 31, 2017
Haha this year Ojude Oba has k-leg ooo

RIP to the king

PLS CHECK MY SIGNATURE. THANKS FOR DOING SO
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by icedfire(m): 10:13pm On Jul 31, 2017
Currently in IJEBU ode, nothing of such
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by TunnyOgunnowo(m): 10:13pm On Jul 31, 2017

Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by abimic(m): 10:13pm On Jul 31, 2017
If true, rest on awujale of ijebu, a great product of my secondary school, ogbagba 11
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by Ebullience(m): 10:15pm On Jul 31, 2017
Awujale is still alive. This news is not real at all
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by Pharrel22(m): 10:19pm On Jul 31, 2017
who dey carry this kind rumor...na lie oooo..out king is still kinging
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by Pharrel22(m): 10:19pm On Jul 31, 2017
who dey carry this kind rumor...na lie oooo..our king is still kinging
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by thinkmoney(m): 10:24pm On Jul 31, 2017
dammy13:

The Palace of Ijebu Land has officially announced the demise of the Awujale of Ijebu land, His Royal Majesty Oba Sikiru Adetona Awujale.

Sikiru Kayode Adetona was born 10 May 1934 and wad the Awujale (king) of the Ijebu Kingdom, a traditional state in Nigeria, having reigned since 1960. He was the son of Prince Rufai Adetona and Alhaja Ajibabi Adetona (née Onashile) and represented the Anikinaiya ruling family.

The cause of his death is yet to be known.

http://fabinfos.com/breaking-news-oba-sikiru-adetona-awujale-of-ijebu-land-is-dead/

all the beef with alake...does it matter again?!! just a thought after I see a linked topic about amosun reconciling the Awujale and Alake of Egba land.
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by tee83: 10:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
Directly from my sister Olori Adetoun Adetona. Awujale is not dead, he is alive
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by Ajicold(f): 10:28pm On Jul 31, 2017
Nma27:
Are ijebu people really stingy
no! We Are Not Stingy We Only Spend Wisely

1 Like

Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by Organs(m): 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2017
This is a man of integrity. He told GEJ boldly i cannot tell people to vote for you. I am glad Buhari went to his palace to pay him respect when he visited Ogun State last year. May his soul rest in peace, amen.
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by Sodijan(m): 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2017
Rest in perfect peace
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 31, 2017
Will there be an Ojude Oba this year?
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by maisauki: 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2017
KULLU NAFSIN ZAA'IQATUL MAWT...every soul shall taste death
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by abilemi(m): 10:34pm On Jul 31, 2017
Kai, Nairaland and rumour. The king � is not dead o. Saw him with some of his old courtiers this evening around 6.30pm at Oriental Hotel in Lekki. They were laughing so loud self.
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 31, 2017
Ajicold:
no! We Are Not Stingy We Only Spend Wisely

Wa gbayi, eyan mi grin

1 Like

Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by icedfire(m): 10:40pm On Jul 31, 2017
tee83:
Directly from my sister Olori Adetoun Adetona. Awujale is not dead, he is alive

Same Toun adetona that attended grace day nursery school and tascce?
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by Omofunaab2: 10:40pm On Jul 31, 2017
FAKE NEWS
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by Ajicold(f): 10:44pm On Jul 31, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Wa gbayi, eyan mi grin
lol Naso Nw
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by Zaen: 10:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
may his soul rest in peace may. may be there won't be ojude oba this year.
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by OkoYibo: 10:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
Omofunaab2:
FAKE NEWS

Cc: ODVanguard

Is there any rebuttal from the palace?

I'm asking cos from experience, if the traditional rites aren't concluded, the palace would never agree that the Oba has joined his ancestors.

The Benin Kingdom denied the death of the Oba for more than a year. Same happened in the case of Oba Lipede and Ooni Sijuade.

2 Likes

Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by supereagle(m): 11:03pm On Jul 31, 2017
I love the very principled to the core. One of the Obas that rejected GEJ's dollars and confronted Abacha not to kill Diya in 1997 phantom coup.
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by nnokwa042(m): 11:06pm On Jul 31, 2017
OkoYibo:

Is there any old person in your family?

They're usually executed in Asian prisons while in their 30s.
skull miners in Ogun state will smile to bank this week if things work out for them
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by OkoYibo: 11:07pm On Jul 31, 2017
nnokwa042:
skull miners in Ogun state will smile to bank this week if things work out for them

Yes
At least, your flat heads would be useful for once..

2 Likes

Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by Daboomb: 11:07pm On Jul 31, 2017
Nma27:

No, they are just too smart to be outplayed by any one who thinks he or she is smart!

They are just way too smart with money (bing traders/business men) thus, the reason they are one of the richest (if not the richest) single tribe in Nigeria.
Anyone who takes acre and respect money like the Ijebus, is bound to be rich in the long run.

And their jazz nor get part 2. undecided

1 Like

Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by Omofunaab2: 11:09pm On Jul 31, 2017
OkoYibo:

Cc: ODVanguard

Is there any rebuttal from the palace?

I'm asking cos from experience, if the traditional rites aren't concluded, the palace would never agree that the Oba has joined his ancestors.

The Benin Kingdom denied the death of the Oba for more than a year. Same happened in the case of Oba Lipede and Ooni Sijuade.

You maybe right though. It take days/weeks before announcing the passing away of a king

I called a popular guy in ijebu ode who debunked the news

1 Like

Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by murmee: 11:24pm On Jul 31, 2017
Nma27:
Not at all. They only spend money wisely!
Re: Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead by ojbaba95(m): 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
Ogbagba........RIP to the Great!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth / Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos / Vulture ‘Delivers’ Letter To Akwa Ibom Monarch To Quit Throne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.