Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

When Does God Write Names In The Book Of Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Does God Write Names In The Book Of Life? (2081 Views)

When Does Your Church Services Start And When Do You Arrive? / When Does A Man Of God Become An Idol? / Does God Favor Some People Over Others? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Does God Write Names In The Book Of Life? by Joagbaje(m): 7:49am On Feb 10, 2010
I have often heard people been led to Christ been made to pray. ", Lord God ,wwipe my name from the book of death and write my name in the book of life",

QUESTION : Does God write names in the book of life? If so when does he write it?
Re: When Does God Write Names In The Book Of Life? by KunleOshob(m): 8:07am On Feb 10, 2010
The book of life is figurative and not physical, pastor mi good morning cheesy
Re: When Does God Write Names In The Book Of Life? by Joagbaje(m): 8:19am On Feb 10, 2010
KunleOshob:

Pls explain more, are you saying there is no book?

KunleOshob:

pastor mi good morning

The name is joagbaje oo, and not pastor
Re: When Does God Write Names In The Book Of Life? by Joagbaje(m): 8:20am On Feb 10, 2010
KunleOshob:

KunleOshob:

pastor mi good morning

The name is joagbaje oo, and not pastor
Re: When Does God Write Names In The Book Of Life? by KunleOshob(m): 8:33am On Feb 10, 2010
Joagbaje:

I have come to an understanding that a lot of the expressions in the bible was communicated in such a way that the ancient people of that time would understand it or better still the biblical writters wrote scriptures the way they understood it. If for instance revelations were made today writters would use different terminologies becos of our improved vocabulary over the ancients. You have to undestand that God and the things of heaven are infinitely more advanced than us on this planet and we are only beginning to scratch the surface of understanding, as such comprehending God is way beyond our understanding and things have to be really simplified before humans can understand it. This is partly responsible for some seeming inconsistencies in the bible, it is becos the writters wrote what was revealed to them the best way they could understand it. The book of life could simply mean a "record of those who would inherit eternal life" today we are more likely to keep our records/ data in computers so if the bible were written in mordern times the writter could use the term "data base of life" to describe the records rather than the "book of life". Hope i was able to make sense.
Re: When Does God Write Names In The Book Of Life? by Joagbaje(m): 8:48am On Feb 10, 2010
Yes, though I have to read it 2 more times to fully comprehend.But whatever the record system been used in heaven, at what point does God write the name . Is it when a man prays to be saved,or after he dies? From my study, I can't find where God added names in the book of life but. So the prayer " add my name" is it scriptural.
Re: When Does God Write Names In The Book Of Life? by KunleOshob(m): 9:15am On Feb 10, 2010
As i implied earlier i think it is a figurative term since all men are still going to be Judged. If a name is written in the book of life before then it means judgement has already been passed before judgement day.
Re: When Does God Write Names In The Book Of Life? by Azibalua(f): 11:00am On Feb 10, 2010
Everyones name is in the book of life already. But then names can be removed at any point.

(1) (Reply)

. / Grace - The Unmerited Favor Of God? / Brainwashing Kids In The Name Of Jesus! Crazy! Crazy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.