Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money (35174 Views)

Tamira Bello, JJC Skillz Daughter With Taiye Fajemisin Slays In Bikini / Olamide Is Very Talented, I Look Up To Him – American Rapper, Wale / Davido's Daughter With Tiwa Savage Son And The Okoye Kids At Her School Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by naptu2: 7:40pm On Aug 01, 2017
Rapper Wale defends spraying daughter with money

Posted at 17:40

Nigerian-American rapper Wale has hit back at those who have criticised him for showering his daughter with money at her birthday party.

"That's just a little bit of that ignorance you get in this country [the US] sometimes, for other cultures. I'm used to it," he told US entertainment site TMZ.

"You've just got to respect other people's traditions on all levels before you speak on it. I'm proud of where I come from. That's just what we do, that's all I knew from when I was growing up," Wale added.

Money spraying is a widespread phenomenon at some Nigerian parties and celebrations, says Bola Mosuro of BBC Focus on Africa radio:

"Some like it, some don't," she says.

"It's used as a way to show love and appreciation for the celebrant, their parents or even musicians playing at the party.

"Most people use $1 bills, sometimes it's lower denomination Naira [Nigeria's currency], but generally people aren't using large amounts of money.

"In some people's eyes it is sometimes done in a vulgar way, and recently a video went viralshowing a couple tossing money in a way that many deemed excessive.

"A minority have been said to use spraying machines, but on the whole most would do it discretely by placing the notes on the body.

"Ultimately it's a matter of choice," Bola explains.

And speaking of party traditions, one of Wale's best known songs reinterprets the West African party classic, Bunny Mack's Let Me Love You:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCAfrica/status/892439875382915072

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-africa-40384281?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5980a998e4b0b165a9f7f0e8%26Rapper+Wale+defends+spraying+daughter+with+money%26&ns_fee=0&ocid=socialflow_twitter#post_5980a998e4b0b165a9f7f0e8

Wale speaking about the criticism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgcMyVcS9J4
Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by naptu2: 7:41pm On Aug 01, 2017
Wale - My Sweetie (cover of Sierra Leonian legend Bunny Mac's song).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bZTZ_y7Tjw

Bunny Mack - Let Me Love You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_8Jj2rkcv4

3 Likes

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by dfrost: 8:02pm On Aug 01, 2017
naptu2:
Wale - My Sweetie (cover of Sierra Leonian legend Bunny Mac's song).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bZTZ_y7Tjw

Bunny Mac - Let Me Love You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_8Jj2rkcv4

Naptu2... Thanks a lotttttttttttttttttt. I remember this song. My dad was always playing it. Uncle grandpa Naptu2 cheesy wink grin

Wale did a good one on the remake. Wow!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by Meeya22(f): 9:14pm On Aug 01, 2017
But why are people pained

15 Likes

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by Caustics: 9:14pm On Aug 01, 2017
shocked sad why wont they insult you when you cant buy money sprayer like emoney

2 Likes

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by NCANTaskForce: 9:14pm On Aug 01, 2017
Buhari will not go and lock him up

5 Likes

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 01, 2017
Some people are becoming so jobless these days! Can't a man spray his daughter money again?!

37 Likes

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by handsomenonny(m): 9:15pm On Aug 01, 2017
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by IsanluMakutu(m): 9:15pm On Aug 01, 2017
His life.

Online life stalkers can go to hell.

1 Like

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by Lalas247(f): 9:15pm On Aug 01, 2017
Haba Wale !!!!! You seff know spraying money = stripper = strip club you know how they think
But anyway ppl should mind their biz .. if He was in Nigeria they embrace that

2 Likes

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by jejemanito: 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2017
Dear Mr. Wale, you owe nobody any explanation.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by Elcuba: 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2017
folashade96:
their is nothing we will not see on Nl
Hian!

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by BigBrother9ja: 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2017
Your money

Your business
Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 01, 2017
Is it their money

By the way where is evans money grin grin
Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 9:18pm On Aug 01, 2017
cheesy. Oyibo people and their wahala ehn
SMH
infact i dunno what to say

2 Likes

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by nairaman66(m): 9:18pm On Aug 01, 2017
Why the hating??

1 Like

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by peckhamboi: 9:20pm On Aug 01, 2017
You can take a Yoruba out of Nigeria, but you cannot take the Yoruba out of him.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 01, 2017
Black man and materialsm like 5 and 6

2 Likes

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by Travelking: 9:21pm On Aug 01, 2017
I thought americans call it making it Rain

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by NwaAmaikpe: 9:21pm On Aug 01, 2017
shocked

Wherever they are...

That owambe spirit follows them.
100% ratchet

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by izzykingsley(m): 9:22pm On Aug 01, 2017
Is it ur money?
Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 01, 2017
Wale reping

15 Likes

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 01, 2017
Meeya22:
But why are people pained

Displays like this are considered low class in the US. Money is a personal issue, not something to be put on display so openly. The only people who get money thrown at them are strippers/prostitutes.

3 Likes

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by DreamSonInlaw(m): 9:23pm On Aug 01, 2017
I am so happy with Wale...did he js called Americans ignorant & praised Nigeria Yay!

7 Likes

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by dikason017(m): 9:24pm On Aug 01, 2017
Is this news
Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by Tilda30(f): 9:24pm On Aug 01, 2017
Father's love is awesome.
Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 01, 2017
The way he used the word "tradition"........ I wonder

1 Like

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 01, 2017
He's Nigerian, its in his DNA.

3 Likes

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by NLProblemChild(m): 9:33pm On Aug 01, 2017
I just bought tecno l9plus ..
Spray me with likes also.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Toolz Shows Off Her Curvy Post Workout Body / Uriel Oputa Has Frozen Her Eggs At 35 Till She Finds Mr Right / AY Comedian Question Of The Day - (very Funny)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.