Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 (29085 Views)

NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? / No National, Governorship Elections Will Hold In Rivers – APC Candidates Vow / Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by agboty(m): 8:18pm On Aug 01, 2017
From January 1, 2018, anybody without National Identification Number issued by the National Identity Management Commission will not be able to procure Nigerian passport.

The condition applies to both first-time applicants and those renewing their expired document.

The Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Immigration Service, Mr. Mohammed Babandede, disclosed this to State House correspondents after a meeting of database harmonisation committee held inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Tuesday.

Babandede said the decision was taken as part of the Federal Government’s efforts to ease the process of doing business in the country.

He said henceforth, there would be no need for individuals to have their biometrics captured by the NIS and NIMC separately.

He said, “The harmonisation of data and requires all of us to act but the biggest problem we are facing is that everybody is deploying his own technology.

“There is a practical commitment to this. We have agreed that from January 1, 2018, anybody who is going to apply for Nigerian Passport, whether renewal or fresh application, must first have a national identity number.

“Why we are doing this is that we want to ease business for Nigeria. There is no need for you to go and have your biometrics captured by NIMC and then you come and capture again with the Nigeria Immigrations.

“Once you give us your NIN, we will collect the biometrics from NIMC and produce your passport. That is the intention to do in all other agencies.”

Babandede said he had directed that have also given directive that permits of foreigners resident in Nigeria should not be renewed without NIN.

To achieve this, the NIS boss said identification numbers and passport numbers would be harmonised.

“All NIMC staff can work in our passport office. So, when you come to get your passport, you can also get the national identity card.

“The NIMC has also allowed immigration staff to work in their offices. So, anybody who is coming to claim Nigerian citizenship, they will help to identify that citizen. That is the cooperation that we have had so far,” he explained.

Babandede said government’s aim was to put in place what he called e-government.

“What government is saying is that when you want to collect any facility from any government agency, you don’t need to look for the document from any other government agency. We should be able to access it, we should be able to know whether you have paid your tax or not.

“If you are coming through the airport and you want to leave Nigeria, we should be able to know that this guy has not paid his tax and you should be able to pay your tax before you depart. We are looking at one e-government and it is possible,” he explained.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/no-identity-number-no-passport-from-2018-nis-boss/amp/

4 Likes

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by sus4allng: 8:31pm On Aug 01, 2017
Always having cumbersome and disjointed policies

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by openla(m): 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2017
Makes sense

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by internationalman(m): 9:02pm On Aug 01, 2017
so bcoz a middle name is not included in my pvc and school ID card while my BVN has a middle name, first Bank refused to open account for me. Please does anyone know a bank that wouldn't mind opening it for me.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by DerideGull(m): 9:20pm On Aug 01, 2017
This nonsense need to be boycotted. Nigeria is still relatively underdeveloped to embark such national endeavor. This is country that cannot manage a gutter is talking about National Identification Number. These fools will always design a means of looting or embezzling funds. I guess IPOB should beg Biafrans to boycott the silly exercise so that IPOB should start offering Biafran passport.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by ourema(f): 9:20pm On Aug 01, 2017
Getting a National ID card has taken over 3 years now. What will happen when the process is now merged with another slow agency it now take eternity for people to collect the card

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by agboty(m): 9:32pm On Aug 01, 2017
NIMC is working day and night now to ensure that the backlog of cards are produced and given to the rightful owners.It's a national project that must be fully supported by the citizens.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by femi4: 9:48pm On Aug 01, 2017
Wetin I wan take Naija passport do, i no dey travel abroad

2 Likes

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Honeyking(m): 10:07pm On Aug 01, 2017
Hmmmmmm. Unserious elements, it has taken them about 4years now to produce ID cards and till now they have not been able to give it us.
What are they talking...... make them park well joor

25 Likes

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 01, 2017
Bunch of jokers and clowns rule this country. What measures have they put in place to start implemtation in January 2018,which is about 5 months away. They will be absolute chaos and anarchy at the entry points in the country.
They said the card will be able to tell if you donèt pay tax.What if you hold a Nigerian passport and dont live in the country.

This is another means for corrupt goverment officials to loot and embezzle billion of naira.

22 Likes

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Conner44: 10:33pm On Aug 01, 2017
can you imagine? so someone should apply and wait for Nigeria to allocate NIN to them from Abuja before going to apply for passport again?

me that applied for drivers license (the government way) on February last year and after waiting till September they never called me for capturing. I later secured my license (the 9ja way) via a wonderful agent here on NL in October under a week hassle free.

can you imagine that in January this year the yeye pipo started calling me from their office that I should now come and capture that the machine is working well once again. They've called me once a month since January asking me to come in that it's as if I'm not serious about doing my license and I want my money to waste.

Every time they call I just apologize to them and say I'm not in town but I will be back the next day so I will be there for the capturing and they then tell me to come along with N1,500 for "late" processing and I agree everytime.

Till today they've not seen me and I'm still expecting their call for this August.

I'm still thinking of a way of collecting my money back from those yeye pipo but Nigeria government no go gree do refund

31 Likes

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by jjjjj2017: 10:53pm On Aug 01, 2017
openla:
Makes sense
I disagree

3 Likes

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by jjjjj2017: 10:57pm On Aug 01, 2017
Honeyking:
Hmmmmmm. Unserious elements, it has taken them about 4years now to produce ID cards and till now they have not been able to give it us.
What are they talking...... make them park well joor
I paid the sum of 500naira to obtain national ID card & after registration/capturing at the local government secretariat, this year makes it 10th yr but my ID card is yet to be out.
Nigeria is not a country!

37 Likes

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by jjjjj2017: 10:58pm On Aug 01, 2017
agboty:
NIMC is working day and night now to ensure that the backlog of cards are produced and given to the rightful owners.It's a national project that must be fully supported by the citizens.
they are not working at all, how many cards have they produced this year?

17 Likes

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by An0nimus: 11:42pm On Aug 01, 2017
femi4:
Wetin I wan take Naija passport do, i no dey travel abroad

I'm tempted to say you know nothing Jon Snow but I won't

grin

7 Likes

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by openla(m): 3:39am On Aug 02, 2017
jjjjj2017:

I disagree

Who said you should agree? I will love that the government hAve a way to call upon my data instead of needing me to enter my information all the time. The reason why some of us have different names on different Identification cards hence different names on two different bank accounts that belong to just one person. In the US they have SSN, in the UK they have National Insurance number. You will cry wolve about how other countries have better system and will never agree with the idea of making your country better by implementing simple thing has a way to have your data recorded. I don't have a national ID card myself and my passport expires in 2018. We live in a country of about 200m citizens where people commit all sorts of crimes daily and get away with it knowing they can't be traced you are telling me you disagree. If you don't have sense can't you borrow from your neighbors? Of course you don't need Nigerian passport or national ID but I hope you do have a Biafran ID if not you are as useless as someone without a form of Identification which is exactly what you are. Very clueless being.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by justi4jesu(f): 5:08am On Aug 02, 2017
sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Tilda30(f): 5:09am On Aug 02, 2017
Nawa
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Nobody: 5:15am On Aug 02, 2017
It's a Nice move.
any person wer no like am, "Evans fall on you"

1 Like

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by seunlayi(m): 5:33am On Aug 02, 2017
When I haven't been able to receive mine since 3yrs
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Nobody: 5:35am On Aug 02, 2017
Okay
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by castrokins(m): 5:51am On Aug 02, 2017
Very Silly People. I Registered For NIMC Whatever Over 3yrs Ago And Up Until Now I'm Still Waiting For It.

3 Likes

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Jabioro: 5:54am On Aug 02, 2017
It make sense but the cumbersome to get the national identity card is the real wahala.. to me is not available..
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by rusher14: 6:16am On Aug 02, 2017
DerideGull:

This nonsense need to be boycotted. Nigeria is still relatively underdeveloped to embark such national endeavor. This is country that cannot manage a gutter is talking about National Identification Number. These fools will always design a means of looting or embezzling funds. I guess IPOB should beg Biafrans to boycott the silly exercise so that IPOB should start offering Biafran passport.

There is nothing wrong with the exercise except one has a sinister motive.
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by femi4: 6:18am On Aug 02, 2017
An0nimus:

I'm tempted to say you know nothing Jon Snow but I won't

grin
gbenu e sohun.....ki lomode e mo?
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by dannytoe(m): 6:23am On Aug 02, 2017
Nice one, they should also replicate it with drivers license
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by dannytoe(m): 6:26am On Aug 02, 2017
internationalman:
so bcoz a middle name is not included in my pvc and school ID card while my BVN has a middle name, first Bank refused to open account for me. Please does anyone know a bank that wouldn't mind opening it for me.
leave that fvcking bank, and go to Gt bank.

2 Likes

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Justuceleague2: 6:40am On Aug 02, 2017
He be like say immigration dey craze

Several people no see that thing do
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by Nova01(m): 7:28am On Aug 02, 2017
This government is very clueless even the isreali's putting them through are the doing it for the money upon the data's the collected for bvn they still need people to get this one

1 Like

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by internationalman(m): 7:54am On Aug 02, 2017
dannytoe:
leave that fvcking bank, and go to Gt bank.
Thanks bro
Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by jjjjj2017: 8:02am On Aug 02, 2017
openla:

Who said you should agree? I will love that the government hAve a way to call upon my data instead of needing me to enter my information all the time. The reason why some of us have different names on different Identification cards hence different names on two different bank accounts that belong to just one person. In the US they have SSN, in the UK they have National Insurance number. You will cry wolve about how other countries have better system and will never agree with the idea of making your country better by implementing simple thing has a way to have your data recorded. I don't have a national ID card myself and my passport expires in 2018. We live in a country of about 200m citizens where people commit all sorts of crimes daily and get away with it knowing they can't be traced you are telling me you disagree. If you don't have sense can't you borrow from your neighbors? Of course you don't need Nigerian passport or national ID but I hope you do have a Biafran ID if not you are as useless as someone without a form of Identification which is exactly what you are. Very clueless being.
The question is, are they prepared?
I applied for national id card for over 10yrs & up till now the card is not ready?
A visit to NIMC office will open your eyes to reality about this NIN stuff.
I love things to be in order but the system we operate in Nigeria is not friendly.
NIMC is not working at all, even the immigration office is now something else where you were asked yo wait for 3 to 8 months before you get your Intl passport all in the name of no availability of booklet.
You think I'm Igbo & that's why you typed like eni ti aja digbolugi bu je.

Pele, were ara re maa to San!

Eranko Igbo lasanlasan grin grin grin

27 Likes

Re: No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 by jjjjj2017: 8:05am On Aug 02, 2017
justi4jesu:
sad sad sad sad sad sad
grin grin grin u Berra renounce naija & get Dubai passport.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yorubas Always Regret Associating With Northerners – Doyin Okupe / Femi Fani-Kayode: Tinubu, Osinbajo Will Be Crushed After Magu / Oluwaferanmi Moses Arrested, Detained For 20 Days By Lagos Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.